Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 1379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 17:15 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44220
Location: West Yorkshire
The graun had it in in early Jan I think. it is getting quite good for board games.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 17:25 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26631
Location: Kidbrooke
I played ‘Lost Cities’ the board game the other day and it was fun.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 17:27 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 31329
Grim... wrote:
I'm not sure. Maybe it was in someone's "ten best games of the year" list, or something?

It was very prominently on display in Draughts when we were there. I may have pointed it out; I chatted to one of the staff about it briefly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 18:13 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13638
Location: Oxford
Looking forward to a championship game at the next Cottage.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 18:26 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 31329
My money's on the Grim/Cras bromance triumphing over all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 18:33 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47156
Ghosts

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 18:39 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 65307
Location: Your Mum
Ghosts

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 19:34 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 26th May, 2008
Posts: 3229
Youngest boy, 15, is going through some fairly heavy shit at the moment but in the last couple of weeks the drugs have taken better effect, and he's a bit more open to doing stuff.

His support worker, who comes twice a week, brought him Carcassonne to try and he absolutely loved it. Since then, I've bought Pandemic and King of Tokyo. We played King of Tokyo about 7 times in row today, and he loves Pandemic - he's almost playing it with himself by the time he's finished "advising" me what to do with my actions!

So what other strategy games would you recommend? They should be able to work well with two players, as the other people in the house are less into that type of game. I think King of Tokyo is probably on the edge of not working as well with two.

I was thinking of getting him into Warhammer but I'm not sure I can afford to fund that hobby full-time!

_________________
NOTHING TO SEE HERE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 20:48 
User avatar

Joined: 31st Mar, 2008
Posts: 8181
Forbidden Island/Desert spring to mind.

Island being the more straightforward of the two.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 22:25 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 65307
Location: Your Mum
If he's into Star Wars then the X-Wing game is worth a shot.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 19:21 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13638
Location: Oxford
flis wrote:
So what other strategy games would you recommend? They should be able to work well with two players, as the other people in the house are less into that type of game. I think King of Tokyo is probably on the edge of not working as well with two. !


Colt Express works with two people and your son might enjoy 'programming' the characters and seeing how their interactions with other characters' moves affects his plans. The 3D board is pretty fun to build and look at too.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:28 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3532
flis wrote:
Youngest boy, 15, is going through some fairly heavy shit at the moment but in the last couple of weeks the drugs have taken better effect, and he's a bit more open to doing stuff.

His support worker, who comes twice a week, brought him Carcassonne to try and he absolutely loved it. Since then, I've bought Pandemic and King of Tokyo. We played King of Tokyo about 7 times in row today, and he loves Pandemic - he's almost playing it with himself by the time he's finished "advising" me what to do with my actions!

So what other strategy games would you recommend? They should be able to work well with two players, as the other people in the house are less into that type of game. I think King of Tokyo is probably on the edge of not working as well with two.

I was thinking of getting him into Warhammer but I'm not sure I can afford to fund that hobby full-time!


Agricola plays better with more players but scales pretty well for 2. Me and my wife love it.

Twilight Struggle for me is the best 2 player game. It's got a great theme, it's quite deep, and although it looks very complex, its rules are elegant and easy to learn. Only problem is that games last too long (box says 3h, but that's nonsense).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 14:30 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 2279
RuySan wrote:
flis wrote:
Youngest boy, 15, is going through some fairly heavy shit at the moment but in the last couple of weeks the drugs have taken better effect, and he's a bit more open to doing stuff.

His support worker, who comes twice a week, brought him Carcassonne to try and he absolutely loved it. Since then, I've bought Pandemic and King of Tokyo. We played King of Tokyo about 7 times in row today, and he loves Pandemic - he's almost playing it with himself by the time he's finished "advising" me what to do with my actions!

So what other strategy games would you recommend? They should be able to work well with two players, as the other people in the house are less into that type of game. I think King of Tokyo is probably on the edge of not working as well with two.

I was thinking of getting him into Warhammer but I'm not sure I can afford to fund that hobby full-time!


Agricola plays better with more players but scales pretty well for 2. Me and my wife love it.

Twilight Struggle for me is the best 2 player game. It's got a great theme, it's quite deep, and although it looks very complex, its rules are elegant and easy to learn. Only problem is that games last too long (box says 3h, but that's nonsense).


3+ hours?! Sounds like a Twilight Struggle in every sense of the word.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 19:00 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 26th May, 2008
Posts: 3229
Thanks for the suggestions! I've ordered Forbidden Desert, and I've just looked into Colt Express - that looks like it'd be right up his street. I'll also check out Twilight Struggle too because the longer he can focus on a task, the better.

He's not going back to school now until September so I want to keep his brain engaged and active, especially for longer periods. It'll all help his mood, too. He's been coming to me with one box or another every day wanting play something, which is a miracle compared to how he was even just a month ago.

_________________
NOTHING TO SEE HERE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 19:41 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19605
It sounds as if you’re making great strides together, Flis. I have no advice as far as the bosrdgamjbg is concerned, but I just wanted to give a nod and a little hug to an amazing mum xx

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 16:09 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 26th May, 2008
Posts: 3229
Mimi wrote:
It sounds as if you’re making great strides together, Flis. I have no advice as far as the bosrdgamjbg is concerned, but I just wanted to give a nod and a little hug to an amazing mum xx


Thanks, Meems :) There's not much that makes you feel like a worse mum than seeing your kids go through stuff and not being able to stop it, really feels like you've failed them. And then on their bad days, when you're the one trying to get him to go somewhere or speak to someone or take medication, you get the brunt of their upset. But it's rewarding seeing them get a little better all the time, I'll be so relieved when he's taking part in life properly again but boardgaming will do us for now!

_________________
NOTHING TO SEE HERE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 0:01 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13638
Location: Oxford
After one heck of a dry spell I returned to form at the Ticket to Ride table tonight, thrashing my friends in a perfectly sportsmanlike way on the deviously bitchy India map despite their many efforts to block me as I headed south-east from Peshawar to Calcutta.

Giphy "railway king":
https://media3.giphy.com/media/N9ej6tSmu5rUc/giphy-loop.mp4


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 20:12 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19605
Grim... wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Grim... wrote:
I bought Fog of Love to play on Valentine's day. Presents for myself FTW!

Lucky Mrs Grim...

It looks legit good: https://www.boardgamequest.com/fog-of-love-review/

I'll have to get me some of that aftershave, though.

I bought this for Russell’s birthday (the board game, not the aftershave), and its really heavy (physically, not, er, emotionally... well, it might be! I wouldn’t know as he’s spent the day being sick once every hour).

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 0:19 
Awesome
User avatar
Yes

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11703
Really looking forward to playing it once this house is no longer plague house


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Always proof read carefully in case you any words out

Do some price comparison on games, DVDs, books or CDs at Find It Cheapest.com
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:03 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 65307
Location: Your Mum
Mimi is the best at surprises.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:12 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19605
Haha! I gave him his gifts before posting here!!

But yrahX, I am totes rubbish at buying gifts. I’m kind of banking on you being less ribbishbat buying gifts Grom... so that I can piggy back of F.C. your success.

Also, I’m posting at 3:10am, go me! (I’m so, so ill).

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:15 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 65307
Location: Your Mum
Your fingers are illest.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:41 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19605
They’re shaky as anything, so that’s true enough.

Go to sleep.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:02 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3532
My nephew is having her 8th birthday soon. Since she likes Cluedo and Monopoly, I'm thinking about gifting her a boardgame that's actually fun and doesn't make our life miserable every time we play monopoly to make her happy.

Any recommendations?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:28 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13638
Location: Oxford
Ticket to Ride (US or Europe)
Catan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:35 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 65307
Location: Your Mum
King of Tokyo is perfect for younguns. It's like Yahtzee, but with giant monsters. It's really colourful and the rules are dead simple (even more so if you ditch the card system and spend the power cubes on other things, like an extra reroll or another die).

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:06 
Awesome
User avatar
Yes

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11703
If she really likes Cluedo, then try Super Cluedo:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Super-Cluedo-C ... B001AI9BQA
You chase around the board looking for clues under garden ornaments and things, and they let you eliminate statements on a wipe-clean pad. Eventually you get to reveal little corners that are colour and number coded on the murderer, weapon and location cards and try to deduce which cards are hidden in the envelopes as a result.

_________________
Always proof read carefully in case you any words out

Do some price comparison on games, DVDs, books or CDs at Find It Cheapest.com
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:43 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3532
Thanks for the recommendations.

How is the language dependency on King of Tokyo? Although i've seen the game many times on stores i'm not so sure it has been translated. The theme might also not be the most enticing for her, but i hope that at 8 years old she's over princesses and unicorns. Or maybe not.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:47 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 65307
Location: Your Mum
If you don't use the cards, the language hardly matters at all.

What matters is saying the monster names like a boxing announcer would.

"Mmmmmmmmmm-ECHA DRAGON!"

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 13:14 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3532
Grim... wrote:
If you don't use the cards, the language hardly matters at all.

What matters is saying the monster names like a boxing announcer would.

"Mmmmmmmmmm-ECHA DRAGON!"


They could rebrand it as a wrestling game. Just mix that with alcohol and everyone wearing appropriate clothing and it could be the best boardgame around.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 13:16 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 65307
Location: Your Mum
Luchdor! has you covered.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/143 ... tling-dice

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 13:18 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3532
That's just...... :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv: :luv:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 13:22 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19605
RuySan wrote:
My nephew is having her 8th birthday soon. Since she likes Cluedo and Monopoly, I'm thinking about gifting her a boardgame that's actually fun and doesn't make our life miserable every time we play monopoly to make her happy.

Any recommendations?

I really like Takeneko. It’s easy to understand, is not language dependant, has a cute panda and all other good stuff

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 13:30 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3532
Mimi wrote:
RuySan wrote:
My nephew is having her 8th birthday soon. Since she likes Cluedo and Monopoly, I'm thinking about gifting her a boardgame that's actually fun and doesn't make our life miserable every time we play monopoly to make her happy.

Any recommendations?

I really like Takeneko. It’s easy to understand, is not language dependant, has a cute panda and all other good stuff


Googles.....

:o :o :o :o My nephew can wait. I want this for me


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 13:37 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19605
It’s a great game. Perfectly works for both adults and kids. A bit of strategy, but not so much that kids will struggle, and the board and pieces are really cute. Easy enough to learn that it’s easy enough to have a quick run over of the rules and get a game going with visitors.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 13:40 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19605
By the way, this isn’t important at all, but in English ‘nephew’ specifically refers to the male children of your sibling, whereas I *think* you’re talking about a girl, which would instead be your niece. Not at all important but a strange quirk of language :)

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 13:48 
Awesome
User avatar
Yes

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11703
Mimi, we should play Takenoko tonight :D

_________________
Always proof read carefully in case you any words out

Do some price comparison on games, DVDs, books or CDs at Find It Cheapest.com
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 15:12 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3532
Mimi wrote:
By the way, this isn’t important at all, but in English ‘nephew’ specifically refers to the male children of your sibling, whereas I *think* you’re talking about a girl, which would instead be your niece. Not at all important but a strange quirk of language :)


Yes, thanks! :DD I knew something was off about that sentence.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 15:32 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 16226
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Mimi wrote:
I really like Takeneko. It’s easy to understand, is not language dependant, has a cute panda and all other good stuff

BambooCat?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:02 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44220
Location: West Yorkshire
Rhino Hero is ace. You build a Tower of Cards
Knock it over and you lose. Use all your cards up, you win. Some cards mean next player has to place RHINO HERO on them. Which might make it wobble.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 13:07 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3532
I have no idea if my niece liked Dixit because she was to busy dancing and drawing unicorns with her friends, but we'll all play together soon.

Meanwhile i have to buy a present to my brother in law. He used to enjoy playing MTG, and sometimes he says that he misses it, so i was thinking about a card game. It should be playable by two (so he can play with his gf), but scalable (so not Netrunner), since usually we play 3 (he, me and my wife). From my research, i was thinking about Dominion, Race for the Galaxy and Ascension. Any tips?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:39 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3532
No Race for the Galaxy or Ascencion in the store? Does anyone played Splendor? How does Splendor measures up to Dominion?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:46 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44220
Location: West Yorkshire
I played Acension and didn't like it at all. Dominic ion good if you like shuffling cards. No I kid it is very good. Splendour is meant to be good

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:49 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13638
Location: Oxford
I've only played Dominion. I love it, but the rulebook is crap.

All you need to remember on your turn is A,B,C: action; buy; clear.

Play an action card and do the stuff; buy something if you've the money; discard your hand and deal a new one (reshuffle your discards if your deck's run out).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:54 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 65307
Location: Your Mum
Jump Drive is the less complicated version of Race for the Galaxy.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:09 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3532
MaliA wrote:
I played Acension and didn't like it at all. Dominic ion good if you like shuffling cards. No I kid it is very good. Splendour is meant to be good


No problem. I'm a good shuffler. I even impress people with my ability. Too many years of MTG tournament play i guess.

Star Realms looks pretty cool, but a bit cheap to offer as a gift. It doesn't have the lovely box of Dominion.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:13 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 65307
Location: Your Mum
Star Realms is pretty cool.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:44 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44220
Location: West Yorkshire
I like star realms. I might put it on my phone again.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 11:46 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3532
How do you compare Star Realms to Dominion?

I also saw the Game of Thrones core set at the store, and it looks gorgeous. But i heard LCG's aren't good casual games and the core box isn't enough.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Boardgame Thread: Let's organise a beexordgame night.
PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:15 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47156
What's the one where you get two cards, and there's an Assassin, a Captain, and stuff. That's excellent though no idea if it would work that well with two. I thought that was Dominion.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 1379 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.