Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
 Post subject: Selling a Wii
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 16:10 
Legendary Boogeyman

Not being too much of a gamer, I can't help but notice that my Wii is shockingly under-used. I don't like having unused things, and yet I can't seem to muster up any motivation to play the poor thing.

So, assuming I fancy ebaying it, what should I do about the 5 or 6 VC titles I've put on it? I've also still got a fair number of Wii points on the account. Since my credit card details aren't 'saved' anywhere, is it a problem to leave all of this stuff loaded? As I'd imagine it'd be a fairly decent selling point to leave it all on there.

If anyone is in the market for a Wii, let me know, obv. :)

Post subject: Re: Selling a Wii
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 16:13 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

I'm possibly in the market for one, chap. Maybe.

What sort of moneys are you looking for?

Feel free to take it to PM if you don't want to discuss it in public.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 16:22 
Legendary Boogeyman

I'm happy to agree with a basic consensus of market value, so if I just blurt what I've got, I'll take suggestions.

From (incomplete) memory.

* Wii unit, which sits in a very nice
* Docking station which acts as a charger for the Wii remotes and comes with replacement battery panels that allow the remote to dock. You know the sort. Also had a bizarre AA charging section in it, which is odd only because the rechargable remotes take AAA. *think* it also has a USB port in it, for USB-based fun, whatever that might be.
* 3 Wiimotes, 2 nunchuks.
* 4 Games: Twilight Princess, Wii Play, Wii Sports, Splinter Cell
* VC Games, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Super Mario Bros, Cybernator, Zelda, Streets of Rage, and possibly another one or two. Probably about 1000 Wii points on the account, I think.

Still have the boxes for everything, everything is in remarkably good nick.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 16:30 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

I gotta head off to work, but colour me interested. If the board can agree on a value for it while I'm away, so much the better.

Are you looking for a very quick sale? Because I don't get paid until next week.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 18:54 
Excellent Member

ComicalGnomes wrote:
I'm happy to agree with a basic consensus of market value, so if I just blurt what I've got, I'll take suggestions.

From (incomplete) memory.

* Wii unit, which sits in a very nice £136
* Docking station which acts as a charger for the Wii remotes and comes with replacement battery panels that allow the remote to dock. You know the sort. Also had a bizarre AA charging section in it, which is odd only because the rechargable remotes take AAA. *think* it also has a USB port in it, for USB-based fun, whatever that might be. £6
* 3 Wiimotes, 2 nunchuks. £22 + £22 + £12
* 4 Games: Twilight Princess, Wii Play, Wii Sports, Splinter Cell £19 + £12 + £15 + £10
* VC Games, Sonic 1, Sonic 2, Sonic 3, Super Mario Bros, Cybernator, Zelda, Streets of Rage, and possibly another one or two. Probably about 1000 Wii points on the account, I think. £10

Still have the boxes for everything, everything is in remarkably good nick.

comes to £264 based on CEX trade in values.

id have guessed around £240 ish personally

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 19:15 
Legendary Boogeyman

Awesome Lace, ta, about £250 delivered would be OK with me. Not in any rush.

Nobody has answered my original question tho. :'( I think I recall reading something saying you should wipe the console before selling it on, but aside from Chintendo wanting to make loads of money I can't think of a privacy/technical reason for that.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 19:28 
Comfortably Dumb

If you know someone with a Wii you could always spend your points buying them a VC game as a gift via the shop. Once you'd cleared your balance, you could then remove your shop account settings and I'd hope that would leave the games intact?

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 19:31 
Legendary Boogeyman

But it's not like I've ever entered my details into the account though, is it? I don't think Wii Shop is arsed which credit card is used to buy points, or considers that person the 'owner' of the account. In theory multiple people could buy games for the same console.

Just trying to log into the shop to see how many points I've actually got. I've also got at least 200 points in cards converted from Stars that I haven't entered yet. Presumably those aren't resellable? :)

Edit: Blimey, I have 1900 Wii points on the account, so plus the 200, that's a fair old few, worth another £20 at least ;)

Also just checked, you can't delete the shop account without deleting all of the software and all remaining points, so bobbins to that.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 19:35 
SavyGamer

I want presents.

Also, by my estimations £250 sounds like a fair and balanced price.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 19:36 
Comfortably Dumb

ComicalGnomes wrote:
But it's not like I've ever entered my details into the account though, is it? I don't think Wii Shop is arsed which credit card is used to buy points, or considers that person the 'owner' of the account. In theory multiple people could buy games for the same console.

I can't remember to be honest. If that's the case, then yeah, sounds like you might as well leave the details on there. At least it'd mean the new owners could download updates to VC games you'd bought or re-download anything they chose to delete.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 21:42 
Song Wars 08/09 Champion

I've PMed you Mr.Gnomes.

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 21:47 
Legendary Boogeyman

Woohoo! Money, riches, power! Oh, wait, nevermind. :hat:

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 18:59 
Legendary Boogeyman

Here we go, a picture of the goods in question. While getting it together it also occured to me that I also have, of course, a classic controller. Not to sound *too* indelicate but, erm, I think all of this is worth a small amount more than £250, but only because I was incapable of remembering everything I had in the first place, but perhaps I'm thinking more in terms of what I paid rather than what it's now worth :) :bulb:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ]