And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
 Post subject: Consumer refund query
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 16:55 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Here's the deal..

Last month I bought 7 internal doors from B&Q for £14.35 each. This month the said doors have come down to £10 each!

B&Q happily do a 90 day money back guarantee where by they'll refund the items I've bought if I'm not happy providing they're still in their packaging etc....

What do you guys think my chances are of getting the difference for these doors (£30 fact fans) refunded WITHOUT the hassle of taking all 7 doors back into a B&Q store.

I phoned them earlier but the YTS kid could only suggest that I come into store to have a word there.

I'll let you know of the outcome of this one!!

Post subject: Re: Consumer refund query
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 17:02 
Hibernating Druid

I'd phone them back and speak to someone higher up the food chain before doing anything else.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 17:04 
Chinny chin chin

TheVision wrote:

I know they are an evilmegaglobalcorporation, but price drops happen all the time and it's hardly like the time the Amiga dropped 100 quid overnight or the poor sods who purchased GX4000's for 100 quid finding them at 50 quid straight after Xmas.

I know money is tight for everyone at the mo, but hmmmm. Not sure. But good luck if you have the time.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 17:26 
baron of techno

Just forget it? It's not like they've ripped you off.

Controversial possibly, and I never thought I'd step in to defend B&Q..

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 18:43 

TheVision wrote:
Here's the deal..

Last month I bought 7 internal doors from B&Q for £14.35 each. This month the said doors have come down to £10 each!

B&Q happily do a 90 day money back guarantee where by they'll refund the items I've bought if I'm not happy providing they're still in their packaging etc....

What do you guys think my chances are of getting the difference for these doors (£30 fact fans) refunded WITHOUT the hassle of taking all 7 doors back into a B&Q store.

I phoned them earlier but the YTS kid could only suggest that I come into store to have a word there.

Are they still in their packaging? If so, why the hell did you buy doors you don't need?

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 19:44 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I bought them, and haven't used them yet as I thought I was getting a good deal and it's always good to have some spare doors lying around!

This of course, it not true and the real reason is that I've just moved into a house with sliding doors throughout which need replacing. Money is very tight at the minute and since B&Q is on the way home from work I popped in.

I spoke to someone who had a strange amount of common sense and he refunded the difference! He even let me take advantage of another offer which gave a further discount when purchasing 5 doors or more. I saved £35 in total which (call me old fashioned) I think it worth doing.

Ok, I'm going to leave now before this starts sounding like a UKHotdeals comments page.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 20:02 

Oh it's worth asking, I was just a little confused as to why you had multiple doors hanging round.

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 20:32 
SavyGamer

TheVision wrote:
Ok, I'm going to leave now before this starts sounding like a UKHotdeals comments page.

I am off to B&Q to buy a hundred to eBay.

Also, your choice in doors was bad you idiot, the brand of doors I support is far better.

Also, what's a door?

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 20:47 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

Good, but you forgot to use LOL and a load of smilies.. apart from that, i'm voting it "hot" out of "cold"

LewieP wrote:
TheVision wrote:

I am off to B&Q to buy a hundred to eBay.

Also, your choice in doors was bad you idiot, the brand of doors I support is far better.

Also, what's a door?

Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ]