Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty : Black Ops
PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 22:57 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

You wouldn't understand.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:11 
Master of dodgy spelling....

myoptikakaka wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
I have just come from COD4 to this, so trying to get used to the differences.

8)

Scoring, maps, set ups..... etc :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 18:30 
UltraMod

I'd bet I'd be just as good at Black Ops as I was at CoD4, without any of this fancy learning business.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 18:46 

myoptikakaka wrote:
I'd bet I'd be just as good at Black Ops as I was at CoD4, without any of this fancy learning business.
I bet he uses them filthy tactic things too ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 23:31 
Sleepyhead

myoptikakaka wrote:

Stop pretending you have the ability to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 1:03 
WARK!

I've just decided to prestige for the first time ever. Shitting hell. Too scared to turn the Xbox back on.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2011 13:53 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Double XP this weekend (for the PS3 map launch but the double XP is all platforms)

http://twitter.com/#!/JD_2020/status/42734378731835392

Quote:
#CODBlackOps Double-XP will begin at approx. 10a PST on Friday, March 4th. It ends the same time Monday. All Platforms.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:17 
8-Bit Champion

Ah well , double XP moved me from level 30 on one prestige to level 20 on the next :-)

I also noticed theres a new 'mode' under the basic gameplay options "Nuketown 24x7 - All Nuketown , All the time" - basically an assortment of game modes but only on Nuketown , I tried it last night and got Sabotage and Demolition but if your looking to get some silly kill numbers its an interesting choice (also I have noticed in the regular game if Nuketown ever comes up as an option it always gets voted for)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:18 
Part physicist, part WARLORD

I hate Nuketown.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:07 
Sleepyhead

I was on friggin' fire last night!

Hardly had a kill ratio below 2 all day, got attack dogs in two consecutive games, won pretty much all the time.

Bet that never happens again!

Oh Silenced M16 with Reflex Sight, how I love thee (especially with Ghost Pro and Ninja Pro).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:11 
8-Bit Champion

Malabelm wrote:
I hate Nuketown.

It can be a bit of an aquired taste , I've had some great Nuketown games , and some rubbish ones - like all matches though it really depends on what the other players are doing.

We played a number of matches on Sunday which were just Hardcode Team Deathmatch , and the camping going on for some levels was just stupid , there was one person on the Villa map who spent the first half the game lying down on a bed in one of the upper floor rooms , and it took a concerted effort from a number of us to take him down from there (he then went on to camp in another area on the next map).

I think Nuketown is at its best when you have a goal and its a mad dash to get that goal while the other team is trying to do something similar , so things like Domination , Headquarters , Demolition , Capture the Flag can all work well because on such a short concentrated map theres not a lot of chances to hide / camp (although people do still try).

It also means in general if your killed , when you respawn your back in the action quickly (nothing worse than being in a firefight on one of the larger maps and being killed , spawning on the other side of the map and spending ages traveling back to the action).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 17:47 
8-Bit Champion

Oh and perfect example of broken spawn points (with probably a bit of help from the other players)

http://www.battlestrats.com/_/general-n ... anned-r683

Quote:
Earlier this week a YouTube video blew up on across the gaming world. The video featured a player who by the end of the game had over 500 kills and only 8 deaths. The players had locked down each spawn point and appeared to have a few people on the other team who helped.

Fifteen minutes of fame has turned into Activision temporarily banning the accounts and resetting the ranks of these players. According to the community manager, it is a form of boosting and you don't want to be caught doing it.

Check out the video below

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 0:13 
8-Bit Champion

How to be a modding/cheating/glitching person when you prestige :

When you prestige you typically have a bucketload of money and then you have nothing.
I've tried using up my cash by buying every background , and icon , but my artistic skills are basically zero :-)
*however* it is possible to carry some of the money over for the next level.
The way to do it is to play a wager match , when the map is locked in you can hit the prestige button , and your cash has already been 'taken' so if you place you get the prize money.

It does of course rely on you placing in the match , not easy and not if you have all those cod-dollars riding on it.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 16:45 
Doesnt really matter that much, I jsut spend my money on the backgrounds then prestige. It's fairly easy to make enough money to get what you want by level 20 or so anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 16:48 
Sleepyhead

It's even easier if you don't bother to Prestige.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 17:02 
But I like the extra classes and the pretty symbols!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 17:29 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
Doesnt really matter that much, I jsut spend my money on the backgrounds then prestige. It's fairly easy to make enough money to get what you want by level 20 or so anyway.

Level 17 is where it all starts to come together for me , i have the AKu47 , my perks , semtex , and claymore and I normally get Ghostpro and steadyaimpro around this point as well.

By the time level 20 comes around thats the Galli and the last gun I actually buy (apart from launchers / crossbow) until I get the Commando at 44 / hardline pro / and searching for that elusive headshot to get secondchance pro - also start to play a few matches of CTF to get marathon pro done.

The real issue for me at the moment is hitting the max on some of the lifetime awards , they give out 20,000 XP and I got 2 of them between 40 and 50 last time (I'd rather get them earlier in the level cycle)

nickachu wrote:
But I like the extra classes and the pretty symbols!

Last prestige I unlocked the 'prestige core' playlists (however I cant join it while i'm in a party and there are virtually no games on these sets)
For this prestige I get new facepaint (which look like someones taken a biro to your face - i havent unlocked them yet - probably will tonight)
Nothing on the next one (apart from background image) , but the one after that I get coloured clan tags (wooo!)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:59 
I basically only buy the famas, AK47u and the AK47, and the launchers so the levels don't really matter too much, once I've got the little AK I'm fine. I've been mixing up the perks a bit now though, trying out flak jacket and tac mask are pretty good together for objective based games.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:47 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
I basically only buy the famas, AK47u and the AK47, and the launchers so the levels don't really matter too much, once I've got the little AK I'm fine. I've been mixing up the perks a bit now though, trying out flak jacket and tac mask are pretty good together for objective based games.

Weapons I buy :

Enfield (although the last few times around I've just stuck with the stock MPK5 or M16)
AK47u (17)
Galil (20)
Commando (44)
Sterla (30)
Knife (15)
Crossbow (33)

I also buy Claymores / Semtex / nova gas

Perk wise I pro
Lightweight
Scavenger
Ghost
Hardline
Steady Aim
Warlord
Marathon
Second chance

I use but dont pro
Flak Jacket
Tac mask
Ninja

The 4 main classes I use are :

Antiair
Semtex / Claymore / smoke
Ghost / Steady aim / Marathon
Galil (silenced) / launcher

Hardline
Hardline / Steady aim / Second chance
Either Galil or Commando with a silencer for regular or AKu74 for hardcore (with a grip) / launcher

Scavenger
Semtex / Claymore / novagas
Scavenger / warlord / tac mask
Ak47u with rapid fire and grip / crossbow

Speed
Ghost / Steady aim / marathon
Ak47u (grip) / knife

I also have a silent class (with ninja) , an Armour class (with flak jacket) and then various combinations of the above with the guns slightly switched.

Killstreaks I always use spy plane , early on I get counter spy plane and SAM turret and always have care package
I often switch out the counterspyplane/sam turret for the default chopper after I've unlocked some of the pro perks

I was playing around last night and noticed someone using the little boxy SMG (MAC11) with a silencer it has *NO* recoil at all , you just point and shoot with no jerking around the screen (even without a grip) , main problem with it is the very low chamber size , if you run up against more than one enemy at once you'll struggle to take more than 1 down without reloading but its an interesting little gun.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:51 
I tend to use the AK47u on everything apart from my sniper class. Last couple of days I've tried switching my killstreaks to counterspyplane/napalm/blackbird for domination and it worked out pretty well.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 21:43 
Sleepyhead

I tend to use a silenced M16 with a reflex sight, ghost pro, warlord pro, ninja pro, and a Strela-3 launcher. Perks are care package, chopper gunner and attack dogs.

I have a separate class with Hardline Pro to play swapsies with my care packages.

I set up some others, but this one just works too well at the moment!

Might use my Flak class if we play some more HQ.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:28 
I really don't get on with the m16 I don't know why, I just can't use it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 8:45 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
I really don't get on with the m16 I don't know why, I just can't use it.

I had found it a difficult gun to use , and the main problem is that it doesnt really work for run'n'gun very well.

If you turn a corner and theres someone standing there you want something to spray a lot of bullets in their general direction - with the M16 you need to get to the head or get out of there way sharpish !

Where it does work is medium / long range where the 3 shot generally will drop someone (or 2 bursts will) , also it doesn't need to be reloaded the same way most other guns do - silenced and creeping up on someone's flank works great for it because they are getting shot (if they even notice) and are dropped much quicker than a full auto gun.

Also because it doesn't do full auto you don't tend to 'waste' as much ammo , it seems more precise - last time round I kept a class using it and it had ghost / warlord (I really cant see the point of steady aim with it because you generally need to 'aim' rather than spray) and Ninja and used it on objective based games to sneek around the edges (my normal tactic is go in quickly and directly get the objective and move on) , for the 2ndary I had the full auto pistol (which has surprising range) and tended to use that when i had to run between points as turning a corner onto someone it was almost as good as any of the SMG's

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:49 
Sleepyhead

The M16 isn't as effective in non-hardcore modes, but in Hardcore it is absolutely brutal (and incredibly accurate).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 13:30 
Curiosity wrote:
The M16 isn't as effective in non-hardcore modes, but in Hardcore it is absolutely brutal (and incredibly accurate).

I tend to prefer non-hardcore these days. that's probably why I can't use the M16

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 14:56 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
Curiosity wrote:

I tend to prefer non-hardcore these days. that's probably why I can't use the M16

Too many rolling thunders :-)

My most played game mode is still Domination , and in the last few months i'm averaging about 220 points a minute however if i go to the leaderboard and put it at all time and friends your still above me (despite me doing about 10x the volume for each of the metrics)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 17:03 
Bad Girl

I can't play any game modes that aren't hardcore. I'd miss my silenced M14, and the rapid fire CZ75, both of which are largely useless on normal.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 23:36 
8-Bit Champion

Thanks for the games tonight guys - at the end I checked my stats and its a pity we didnt get just one more win :-)

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!

And rather than try to decipher things via the chat - my suggested guns with little or no kickback

Silenced Galil (my weapon of choice - over 7500 kills with it)
The strange little boxy SMG (MAC11) with a silencer , it has really low clip sizes but its good for simply point and shoot (as is the FN FAL which Bobby was using tonight).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:17 
Nice! and clearly the Win ratio is the most important thing.

Ive seen lots of people with high K/D but terrible win ratios.

I should hopefully have the MAP PACK tomorrow.

I think the Galil is my new favourite weapon. I've only really started using it this prestige and my K/D with it is about 1.7.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 13:33 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

zaphod79 wrote:
Thanks for the games tonight guys - at the end I checked my stats and its a pity we didnt get just one more win :-)

And rather than try to decipher things via the chat - my suggested guns with little or no kickback

The strange little boxy SMG (MAC11) with a silencer , it has really low clip sizes but its good for simply point and shoot (as is the FN FAL which Bobby was using tonight).

I have used the FAL a bit in the past, but never with an ACOG on. Really makes a difference, and I really like it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 14:11 
8-Bit Champion

Bobbyaro wrote:
zaphod79 wrote:

I have used the FAL a bit in the past, but never with an ACOG on. Really makes a difference, and I really like it.

When i used it before I had a reflex sight on it and carried the full auto pistol as my other weapon , so worked well with HC modes although its not as good with standard (you need a headshot or about 3 body shots with the FAL to take someone down)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 22:00 
Ready for action

:'(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 22:22 
8-Bit Champion

Gilly wrote:

Whens the internet getting turned on for you ?

BTW got my 1000'th win tonight in a game with Bobby where the rest of the team didn't seem to understand the basic concept of the game (although to be fair neither did the enemy)
That gives me 'Win match VI' , and the next target is 1500 , and theres still one more after that (probably 2500?)

Oh and balancing out my good win/lose rate my K/D is not as nice :-)

(although I dont care if I got killed more times as long as I won the game and for some levels that really is charge to the point and kill the person taking it even if you die - Point B in Berlin is a great map for that).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 23:55 
Ready for action

Meant to be April 6th.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:01 
Come back Gilly!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 18:40 
I have points to buy the MAP PACK.

Problem. http://forums.xbox.com/1/35677479/ShowP ... x#35677479

"Compatability issues" Basically because I am in sweden I need a swedish account to download the map pack.
and there's no swedish version of the map pack available on the market place that I can find.
Phoned up Microsoft sverige and they said I need to create a swedish account to download them. Im not buying more MS points and setting up a whole new account just for some maps. It's pretty ridiculous.

would possibly getting one of you lot to queue it up in my downloads from a UK site work maybe?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 19:15 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Can you log onto xbox.com and queue download it from there?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 19:16 
Sleepyhead

Nickachu doesn't even have the map pack?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 19:19 
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Nope. It says not available in your region. I can't even find a swedish version. There's links to a french and a german version on that thread but it seems that the only thing that people can suggest is buying more points and downloading to a swedish account on the same xbox and playing that way. But I don't see the point in spending twice as much on a few maps espeically when Im pretty poor as it is.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 19:32 

Try putting the all important "en-GB" in the address.

http://live.xbox.com/en-GB

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 20:14 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:

Nope. It says not available in your region. I can't even find a swedish version. There's links to a french and a german version on that thread but it seems that the only thing that people can suggest is buying more points and downloading to a swedish account on the same xbox and playing that way. But I don't see the point in spending twice as much on a few maps espeically when Im pretty poor as it is.

If you trust someone here with your account I think the trick would be to have someone in the UK login as you and set it up to download to your xbox and then it would download when you logged in ?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 20:39 
That is what I was thinking. Do you mean recover gamertag there and download it there and then download it again here, or just queue it up on the website there?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 20:39 
Paws for thought

Question: Did you buy the swedish version of the game.
If Yes, then you need a swedish account, as buying the UK version of the pack won't work from what I read of the link you posted.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 20:45 
Swedish game Dave. So I need to buy more points then?
But the game is all in English, manual, box everything. Doesn't make sense. And I bet I could download the Mw2 mappack without any hassles right now.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 21:13 
Paws for thought

nickachu wrote:
Swedish game Dave. So I need to buy more points then?
But the game is all in English, manual, box everything. Doesn't make sense. And I bet I could download the Mw2 mappack without any hassles right now.

Mmm. It might work if it really is English - They're not overly clear in said link. Depends on quite how strict Activision have chosen to be with the regioning and languages*

* - What, for instance, happens in CODBLOPS if you change the system language to French - It could be a swedish language version that supports other languages.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:04 
After trying with someone in the UK to download it it was charged and download 99% of the file (probably 100%) it said can't download first strike map pack. Probably one solution would to set up the computer so it thinks It's in the UK and then download the last 1% which will take a couple of seconds. I now basically have the file, but can't play the sodding thing. Argh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 14:26 

I bought the new maps yesterday. They're alright. Idiots kept voting over and over again for "Stadium", though. So it seems that's the community-assigned "best map". I quite like the Berlin Wall one - reminds me of WWII era CoD.

Playing BLOPS again made me really want Battlefield 3 right NOW.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 14:27 
Part physicist, part WARLORD

WTB wrote:
I bought the new maps yesterday. They're alright. Playing BLOPS again just made me really want Battlefield 3 right NOW.

:this:

I bought the maps (eat shit, Nick) and have only been arsed to load the game once since. I've gone back to Bad Company 2, as it's still acebest.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 14:28 

Aw, I edited for clarity and expansion!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 14:29 

Malabelm wrote:
WTB wrote:
I bought the new maps yesterday. They're alright. Playing BLOPS again just made me really want Battlefield 3 right NOW.

:this:

I bought the maps (eat shit, Nick) and have only been arsed to load the game once since. I've gone back to Bad Company 2, as it's still acebest.

I really wanted to reload BC2, but seeing as I'd dropped £15 on BLOPS maps, I thought it counter-productive. Having said that, I bought the Vietnam BC2 expansion and played it once. I really should give that another go as well.

(GOD, I LOVE TYPING ON THIS KEYBOARD)

Reply to topic  [ 1097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next