Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: Call of Duty : Black Ops
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:23 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Curiositree wrote:
switching a moustachioed golfer for attack dogs helped me there.

I still need to unlock the perk to do that although i do now have my main pro ones back (Lightweight / Warlord / Marathon / Ghost) after the prestige (and that was a week ago today and i'm already back into the mid 30's)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:27 
I think either today or tomorrow I'll be able to prestige again.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:13 
Bad Girl

So, Dead Ops then: Bonkers shit can't see what I'm doing 90% of the time or amusing fun distraction score attack game?

I can't make my mind up, but I was enjoying it. I think.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:27 
ugvm'er at heart...

I am officially done with this.

Went back to Bad Company 2 at the weekend, and love the new maps :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:37 
8-Bit Champion

nickachudolph wrote:
I think either today or tomorrow I'll be able to prestige again.

Last night I hit level 44 for the 2nd time and unlocked the Commando AR again - i'm about 3 'shared' care packages away from hardline pro and will have a look for others to unlock - i'm also a few 'throw enemys grenades' away from flak jacket pro which i've found is great for some of the akward domination points - you just throw smoke in and start capturing - the enemy lob grenades in but as long as they dont actually land on you you wont die ;-)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 14:09 
Sleepyhead

I finally got the Sentry Gun part of Ghost Pro over the weekend, by calling in loads of sentry guns and then just leaving them for the opposition.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 15:13 
Decapodian

Curiositree wrote:
I finally got the Sentry Gun part of Ghost Pro over the weekend, by calling in loads of sentry guns and then just leaving them for the opposition.

Cunning!
Must give that a go.

I've been enjoying having Hardline Pro and the SAM, Care Package and Sentry Gun as killstreaks - you stand a decent chance of getting the better rewards without needing to get loads of kills.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 16:16 
Curiositree wrote:

Yeah but you'll be ready to prestige again in no time. Stupid small amount of levels.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 16:27 
I forgot about this - how vain

Anything other than the wager maps hold no value with me now. Which means the cod points have no value in unlocking stuff. Does still make 1000point wagers tense though.

For normal mulitplayer, MW and MW2 both surpass it but the inclusion split screen multiplayer means it's a keeper.

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 16:36 

I don't understand how MW2 surpasses it for normal multiplayer? It's essentially the same game but with most if not all of the balancing issues sorted out. Also, the maps are better. The only problem is spawning next to an enemy, which I hope will be fixed at some point...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 16:38 
Wogan'sChristmasPud wrote:
I don't understand how MW2 surpasses it for normal multiplayer? It's essentially the same game but with most if not all of the balancing issues sorted out. Also, the maps are better. The only problem is spawning next to an enemy, which I hope will be fixed at some point...

You never play with us Johnny :(

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 16:42 
8-Bit Champion

nickachudolph wrote:
Yeah but you'll be ready to prestige again in no time. Stupid small amount of levels.

I'm looking at it and I cant see the point , the 2nd prestige doesnt open anything up - its 3rd time round for an extra class and X times round to unlock any of the other prestige play modes - given that i sat on level 70 of MW2 and never prestiged (though over a week of in game play) I dont think i'll be going above level 50 here - even with only a week to go back around.

I'll probably stick at 50 and go for the pro versions of each perk and a play around with the different guns

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 16:44 

nickachudolph wrote:
Wogan'sChristmasPud wrote:

You never play with us Johnny :(

I've been playing Ass Crud and NFS! I'm not into the whole playing CODBLOPS every night thing. If I'm playing it and you lot are, I'll join in for sure! And I have done! I kinda used up my tolerance for dedicating my evenings to one game in the Counter-Strike days. I don't want to burn out my interest for it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 16:59 
Sleepyhead

MW and MW 2 maps >>> CODBLOPS maps >>> Halo: Reach maps

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 17:01 
zaphod79 wrote:
nickachudolph wrote:

I'm looking at it and I cant see the point , the 2nd prestige doesnt open anything up - its 3rd time round for an extra class and X times round to unlock any of the other prestige play modes - given that i sat on level 70 of MW2 and never prestiged (though over a week of in game play) I dont think i'll be going above level 50 here - even with only a week to go back around.

I'll probably stick at 50 and go for the pro versions of each perk and a play around with the different guns

I just like to keep going. For some reason. I get bored stuck at the same level.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 19:24 

Quote:
Issues Addressed:

Resolved several issues with parties getting disbanded unexpectedly.
Updated handling for UPnP-enabled routers to improve matchmaking conditions where users had strict or moderate NAT types. Also added in-game communications so that all players are aware of their NAT type in the Player Match party lobby.
Addressed issue that prevented the "Load MP by Default" option from saving when other specific option combinations were set.
Prevention of exploit that allowed players to keep custom classes and killstreaks after prestige.
Addressed an issue where Flak Jacket Pro would not always protect against ground fires left by Napalm Strikes.
Prevention of users losing their killstreak reward when switching classes at the start of a new round in round-based game modes.
Addressed an issue where the incorrect perks would appear when spectating another player under certain circumstances.
Added round start explosive delay to China Lake grenade launcher to give it the same round start limitations as other explosives.
Contracts will now reset when the player Prestiges.
Prevention of Valkyrie rocket exploding upon release under rare conditions.
Prevention of Gunship failing to give player full control under rare conditions.
Prevention of an issue where a player will get teleported outside the map boundaries under very specific circumstances.
Additional security measures to enhance detection and banning capabilities.

Gameplay Tuning:

Limit the ability to re-roll supply drops using Hardline Pro to Care Packages only, no other killstreak drops.
Added a negative influencer to all spawn points to decrease the chances of spawning near an enemy. This will further improve spawning protection on top of previous updates.
Additional sound mix tuning for Ninja Pro users – increased ranges and volume of enemy footsteps, and removed player footstep sounds on concrete material types.
Increased headshot multipliers for sniper rifles. Sniper rifles with suppressors equipped will now always be ensured one-shot kill headshots.
Subtle increase in sniper rifle accuracy when scoping in.
Added a render delay to the red diamond player indicators that appear when controlling the Gunship, Valkyrie Rocket and Chopper Gunner. When a player first spawns, this will not appear for a period of time.
Additional minor reductions in knife lunge.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010- ... h-detailed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 20:29 
I forgot about this - how vain

Curiositree wrote:
MW and MW 2 maps >>> CODBLOPS maps >>> Halo: Reach maps

Aye, whilst I think the smaller maps of CODBLOPS are well designed the bigger ones are a bit pants. MW2s maps were maybe 30% funnerer.

That said the Wager maps are glorious and are wonderful because they are immune to grindy exp point gaming and are focused purely on fun and game mechanics. (Although, occasionally, if you really suck, you'll need to play some normal multiplayer to get points for you stake. But one level up of 2500 cod points is 250 games of wager.

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:27 
Reading the http://www.callofduty.com forums it seems treyarch are using the banhammer and lots of illiterate people are getting upset about it.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:39 
Bad Girl

Elsewhere, a teen gets arrested for hacking into servers. The little shit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:01 
Rude Belittler

nickachudolph wrote:
Reading the http://www.callofduty.com forums it seems treyarch are using the banhammer and lots of illiterate people are getting upset about it.
Any sightings of the most malicious creature known to man, the 'little brother'? Every 'Oh noes I've been banned, for NOTHING AT ALL' thread has sightings of this evil creature.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2010 20:16 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Tell you what, if lilrob2000 has really put the same amount of effort into codblops has he has put into whinging on that board, it is entirely possible that he made level 10 prestige in that time.

I also have to laugh at the guy who will sort it out for him when he comes back from collage. Maybe one for the protests thread that.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:20 
8-Bit Champion

After Nick's 81 kill game last night I realised that its not quite as easy to look at a table for scores / info on here as MW2 however my stats as they are right now :

Total play time 2 days 17 hours

Most kills in a match 39

Favourite weapon is still the Enfield

However very closely followed by the Galil

Basically I use the Enfield until the Galil is unlocked and use it until the Commando is available

Through normal play I unlock Lightweight pro / Warlord pro quickly ,Ghost pro typically waits on a sentry gun (although i fluked it quite quickly this time around and I'll follow the suggestion of giving my one to the enemy) and I have to faf about with CTF to get Marathon pro - the rest i dont bother with.

Normal setup is main AR gun (so Enfield / Galili / Commando) with red dot sight and either dual clips or extended clip , Lightweight / Warlord / Marathon with a launcher as secondary to take out spy planes and choppers , flashbangs (if warlord pro) or smoke + claymore and sticky grenade

A 'speed' class which swaps warlord for sleight of hand and has a pistol / SMG
A 'armour' class which has flack jacket / steady aim pro / 2nd chance with an LMG and smoke as a grenade (great for Headquarters or Domination because if you put smoke down the other side just grenade spam the point and you can sit there with your flack jacket all day to capture
A 'stealth' class with the silenced Galil , ghost pro / ninja / and any other perk

A 'hardline' class with Hardline as Perk 1

Kill streaks are 3 / 4 / 5 so spy plane / anti spy plane / care package

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:58 
God knows what happened last night. But I was rather happy with my 81-20 :D And I still managed a fair few captures and defends on that round too. Gotta love the dogs.

my K/D is up to 1.42 now I think.

Usually use ak74u or now the ak47 with hardline or ghost, sleight of hand, and hacker/second chance/ marathon.

Killstreaks. Spy plane. Care package, Attack Chopper usually. Decided to switch the CP for the dogs and it turned out to work quite well for me recently.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:08 
8-Bit Champion

Your stats from 'now' :

2 days 10 hours in game (and we have the same number of games won - just i have a pile more 'lost')

Fav gun AK74u

with a much larger 'drop' to the next gun the AK47 / Famas

And your 81 kill best from last night

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:40 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

I have played for 2 days, 2 hours, and have only got 159 wins, 166 losses. Your games must be loads shorter than mine!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:49 
I like the fact my 4.05 K/D ratio is on the graph, that's gotta have been from the 81-20 game.

Yeah... I don't use many guns. Mainly the Aks and the makarov really.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 16:18 
Sleepyhead

I almost exclusively use the M16 with silencer and RDS.

Perks are Hardline Pro or Ghost Pro, Warlord Pro and Hacker Pro or Second Chance Pro.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 0:53 
Sleepyhead

God, I've just spent half an hour watching CoD griefing videos. Some of them are so bloody funny:

American chap annoys English child by refusing to believe the game is called 'Call of Duty', and then misunderstands the point of the game. So funny, especially the bit with the containers.

And also:

British chap asks teammates how the knife function works... and proceeds to knife them all

I shouldn't like these so much...

:DD

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 14:47 
8-Bit Champion

From another forum :

Quote:
The Major Nelson podcast brings the first details of the initial, inevitable Call of Duty: Black Ops map pack. "First Strike" will be released on Xbox Live on February 1, 2011 -- as a timed exclusive, so give it about a month if you want it on another platform. The pack includes four competitive maps: "Discovery," based on the Reznov mission and taking place in an Antarctic research station; "Kowloon" set in, of course, Kowloon, this time on rooftops; "Berlin Wall," a fight at Checkpoint Charlie; and "Stadium," set in an American hockey rink. It also includes a Zombie map, "Ascension."

The DLC will sell for 1200 Microsoft Points ($15), the customary Call of Duty map pack price point.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 14:53 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Interesting, 5 new maps for the price of 3, when compared to MW2 pricing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 15:32 
Sleepyhead

I still want it to have 'Crash'.

AND SHIPMENT!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 18:19 
Rude Belittler

Are photographs of your stats in a computer game the saddest images posted on BEEX?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 18:26 
ugvm'er at heart...

Enrico Pallazzo wrote:
Are photographs of your stats in a computer game the saddest images posted on BEEX?

No, this is

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 13:54 
Excellent Member

I watched a video uploaded to the game last night of a guy playing Domination on Jungle. A pretty impressive 101-4 finish.
he used Dogs and Chopper gunner which helped but still pretty impressive to watch. interestingly though, not much of a team player, he never once attempted to capture any positions.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 17:06 
8-Bit Champion

What COD would look like in real life

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 20:07 

That's really good! :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 21:18 
That's pretty excellent.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 13:40 
Well there's a lot of new people that got this for christmas online which makes for easy kills, sucks if you get lumbered with them on your team though.

I went 38-6 on TDM and still lost. I was the only one on my team to get a positive KD ratio. Quite annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 13:42 
Excellent Member

Do you guys have a regular playnight, or are there still enough players to hop on anytime?

I've wrung out most of the entertainment available from playing with randoms, and most of my usual friends either didn't bother or have finished playing. It'd be cool to get some invites/friend request from you guys playing regularly!

(Live) Tag: Hottdog

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 0:46 
8-Bit Champion

Rog wrote:
Do you guys have a regular playnight, or are there still enough players to hop on anytime?

I've wrung out most of the entertainment available from playing with randoms, and most of my usual friends either didn't bother or have finished playing. It'd be cool to get some invites/friend request from you guys playing regularly!

Typically me / Nick / Bobby / Riles / Curio will be on 'most' nights.

Tonight I've passed Nickachu on level for the first time (on this Prestige I'm now 41 and he's 38) , however I've also seen a new type of cheating which I've not encountered before - instead of just hacking the levels to get 15'th prestige for backgrounds and stuff they are unlocking the 'golden guns' (a particular type of camo which is not available until the end and costs a fortune) , the positive is that its bloody easy to see them (the gun almost glows in their hands) and I've been reporting the ones that I've played against - although these are also the people who seem to manage to hit dogs and hueys with their care packages so I'm not convinced that's the only cheating that's going on for them.

Oh and a few more details about the map pack which is only 2 weeks away :

Quote:
Available for Xbox 360 on Feb 1. More details to come for PS3 and PC.

First Strike contains 5 incredibly diverse maps spanning the globe; featuring 4 multiplayer maps and a new Zombie experience. Includes “Berlin Wall”, allowing combat on both sides of the imposing wall; “Discovery”, a desolate, frozen German outpost in the Arctic; “Kowloon”, battle in the rain along the rooftops of a towering Chinese sprawl; “Stadium”, an intense locale with a pro hockey arena backdrop; and “Ascension”, where you fight zombies in a Soviet launch facility.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:40 
I have one night off and you overtake me! But you have played about a day more than me.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:34 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
I have one night off and you overtake me! But you have played about a day more than me.

Yip - last time i checked I was over 24 hours in game time above you for a very small increase in points (although for most of that you've been ahead of me on XP)

Reading the COD forums this morning it seems the golden guns glitch goes along with a few others which basically unlock all the guns and all the pro perks at any level - so level 2 people with commando's and all pro perks - it was 'released' on Friday so i guess they will be patching them soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 13:39 

Rog wrote:

Sorry Rog, only just seen this. If you see us online just join in/send inv request/ join party (if applicable)/make us aware you are playing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:07 
8-Bit Champion

Trailer for the new maps is now live

http://www.callofduty.com/intel/435

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:45 

They look good!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 9:08 
The Berlin and the snowy one look good.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 14:44 
I've just had a game where I got 3 pretty good tommahawk kills in it, can you upload files that are longer than 30 seconds? As I can't render it as its 44 secs.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 15:12 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
I've just had a game where I got 3 pretty good tommahawk kills in it, can you upload files that are longer than 30 seconds? As I can't render it as its 44 secs.

No , you can still only do it in 30 second chunks , however you can upload it in two parts (and then download / join it / reupload it).

The longer ones seem to be people connecting the system to a recording device rather than using the in game theatre mode

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 15:16 
Bollocks. I'll probably have to edit it in some way. There were 3 pretty nice kills. And now I've just had what felt like lagswitching done to me in a wager match and the same thing then happened in combat training. Like slowing down then being normal speed then slowing down again. Quite annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 15:24 
8-Bit Champion

nickachu wrote:
There were 3 pretty nice kills. And now I've just had what felt like lagswitching done to me in a wager match and the same thing then happened in combat training. Like slowing down then being normal speed then slowing down again. Quite annoying.

Hard to prove , one thing to look at is the replays , I've only had one match which seemed odd like that - every time you approached the area with target the game became choppy and generally you died.

When looking back at it on in the theatre from their perspective you see me running in and basically stopping / stuttering - they shoot and kill me then it goes back to normal and they did it for most people on my team - its almost like Bullet time for them - it did seem to be a clan , but only 2 of them seemed to be affected so I just hit the report button and joined another lobby.

Reply to topic  [ 1097 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 22  Next