Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: Star Craft II
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 13:00 

Yeah it's a basic "timing push". They build up in such a way that at a certain time they'll have a precise number of troops, at which point the go in with some early aggression. If you can hold it off and build up a few troops of your own, you can easily counter it. The Medium AI does the same thing every time. Wall your base off and try to funnel the AI's push into your base through an enclosed area, then pick them off with the appropriate troops.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:41 
Excellent Member

I like to play this game cause its by strategy to win , but how could it be that something error in this exe. file

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:52 
Unpossible!

onilazir wrote:
I like to play this game cause its by strategy to win , but how could it be that something error in this exe. file

Of course!

Problem solved.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 13:50 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

onilazir wrote:

lmao, i find that exact same error in this exe. file

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 13:52 
Level 6 Laser Lotus

I am still playing this also, but finding myself languishing in the Bronze league with the new season...oh well

if anyone wants a game it is Decardo with magic user code 114

If at first, the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 16:04 
Excellently Membered

Excellent we can try getting spanked at 2v2! Loooooose!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:58 
Hello Hello Hello

WTB wrote:
I started playing again in January. Played it solid for a month and then realised (for probably the fifth time since it came out), that not only was it cannibalising all of my other game playing time, but that it was totally pointless and boring.

>:( :'( :S

It's what you make of it I think.

I'll grant you it does encroach on 'other games' time, but I have the mobile gaming/PC gaming split for that.

As for pointless and boring, if you distil any game down to its core, what is the 'point' of it? If we're saying that games should be fun, then there's no reason WoW can't deliver, if you get locked into a soulless level/gear grind then yes it can be dull I guess (same as grim cheevo whoring on 360 games IMO), but playing a variety of characters/roles/levels in a friendly guild with IRL connections is as good as gaming gets to my mind.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 13:03 

I was being a little harsh calling it pointless and boring - I was in the hate stage of love/hate! I'll undoubtedly play it again at some point, but yeah, it cannibalises my other game playing time, which is both a good thing (saves you money) and a bad thing (you miss out on loads of great stuff). So yeah, I'll likely be back one day, but for now I've had more than my fill again!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 18:28 

In case anyone is wondering, I play Star Craft every day still. It's awesome. I'm also still in stupid Bronze League, even though I've won the majority of my games this season.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 18:45 
Hello Hello Hello

WTB wrote:
In case anyone is wondering, I play Star Craft every day still. It's awesome. I'm also still in stupid Bronze League, even though I've won the majority of my games this season.

We'll have to have a game sometime, I haven't played for months though, so you'll wipe the floor with me I'm sure, I can't even remember the basic Terran build order. (And I haven't delved into the Zerg or Protoss in SC2, although I was pretty darned handy with the Protoss in SC1. I never did like the Zerg, horrible slimy things.)

It all means LESS WOW TIME though, which is a Very Bad Thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 17:27 

Getting back into this. Finally convinced a couple of mates to get it so we've been having weekly four player sessions. I've also played three, won three in my placement matches for the current 1v1 season. Wonder what league I'll get into this time!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 22:49 

Alright! Gold League!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:38 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I'd imagine it's pretty lonely inn there.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:58 

I just had the most vivid déjà vu. Almost scary.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:32 
Hello Hello Hello

Heart of the Swarm down from £33 to £17 on battle.net at the moment, I'll probably give it a punt at that price.

Hopefully that fucking wanker Raynor is nowhere to be seen, cigar-sniffing prick that he is.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 17:36 
Hello Hello Hello

Oh brilliant Cockface Raynor is in it right from the start. When alone with Kerrigan early on, and let's remember she's probably THE MOST POWERFUL SINGLE BEING IN THE UNIVERSE, he comes out with shit like 'Just keep it together dahhhlin' whilst handing her a gun and telling her it's like riding a bike.

THE WOMAN JUST KILLED AN ELITE CREW OF MARINES WITH THE POWER OF HER FUCKING MIND YOU WHISKEY-ADDLED CIGAR FIXATED FUCKING WANKER - SHUT THE FUCK UP.

I really hope I get to kill him when I'm back to being the Queen of Blades, that would bit the best ending for the campaign I think.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 22:21 
Hello Hello Hello

Ahhhh yes I am bumming the Zerg campaign to pieces.

Thank fuck Cuntface Raynor and his motley crew of dickheads aren't too much in on the action, it's all about Kerrigan going postal and laying waste to anything and everything that gets in her way, courtesy of a delightful cadre of evil Zerg cohorts. (I do rather like the utterly immoral genetic engineer she's got working for her.)

Kerrigan's still got a bit of angst about her, but basically we're just all into the TOTAL ZOMG KILLING. The 'talent trees' and 'tech choices' have been rejigged to suit the Zerg as well (you can change most of them when you want), which suits me a lot better since you couldn't really make informed choices in the Terran campaign.

I've playing on Normal difficulty because I'm more about the spectacle than anything else, but it's still providing what I'd describe as a 'modest challenge' up to now, which suits me fine as I'm an old bastard with limited game time.

Obviously being Blizz it's all just as gorgeous and slick and lovely as you can possibly imagine, and it's totally taken over from WoW and Pinball Arcade. (BF4 I've been keeping as weekend entertainment with the chaps anyway.)

Anyway, yeah, Zerg campaign is fab, if you were a bit '8/10 underwhelmed' by the Terran campaign as I was, give this bad boy a try.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 22:34 
Hello Hello Hello

See now on one level you could accuse it of breaking down the fourth wall a bit in a 'bad way' and not taking itself seriously enough, but then again, anyone who keeps clicking on the same unit in a Starcraft game knows exactly what to expect.....

On the one hand my mission really is pure evil, as befits the Zerg, infesting an entire Protoss mothership and killing/dissolving/leeching any and every living being I come across, with an ultimate command TO KILL EVERYTHING.

But hey, this is Starcraft, so my newest recruited Broodmother to the Swarm got the click treatment and eventually finished up with, in a heavily sarcastic female voice, something along the lines of - 'Things were so much easier when I was a larva, now it's all just kill the Protoss this and evolve the brood that, I'll tell you what, I'm never going to treat my larva this way.'

(Along the way I got stuff like 'It is difficult to follow your commands when you do not give me any' and 'Why would the Protoss gather so many creatures when they have no mouths to eat them with'.)

Also, the Zerg really are quite thrilling to play when they get their swarming boots on.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 22:18 
Hello Hello Hello

The Protoss campaign for this game has finally turned up 'cheap', and by cheap I mean Blizzard have dropped it down to £20 from £30.

That was good enough for me so I snagged it earlier this evening and have had a decent crack at it already, it's basically MORE STARCRAFT II but with a Protoss single player campaign, so everyone knows what to expect.

Fortunately all the characters in the Zerg and Protoss campaigns are far more likeable than spunkbucket Raynor in the Terran campaign. I'd take a Zerg larvae over him.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 18:05 
Hello Hello Hello

Starcraft Remastered incoming!

Yes it's the original 1998 game brought a 'bit up to date', although the original still works fine on modern operating systems and is indeed still being actively patched (!).

As part of the next patch the original game and the Brood War expansion will be made completely free, which is pretty cool, but they'll be selling the 'remastered' game from sometime in the summer.

Obviously I'll be buying it. I could listen to the Terran Campaign music all day.

AWESOME MUSIC starts at 3m56s

PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2017 9:55 
Hello Hello Hello

Oh my, £13.

IN.

Attachment:
13ino.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 19:58 
Hello Hello Hello

Starcraft II goes free! The Terran campaign (which was the entire single player game at launch) and some multiplayer stuff is 100% no strings attached free.

Can't really argue with that.

Runs very nicely on lower specced PCs or half-decent laptops. Give it a go. Just try not to focus on what an arsehole Jim Raynor is.

https://starcraft2.com/en-gb/#free-to-play

Attachment:
raynorisatwat.JPG

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 20:02 

Don't miss the shade thrown at Battlefield in this Twitter thread either: https://twitter.com/StarCraft/status/930534868139646976

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 20:03 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Don't miss the shade thrown at Battlefield in this Twitter thread either: https://twitter.com/StarCraft/status/930534868139646976

Battlefront.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 20:03 

Aye, that's the fucker.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 20:18 
Hello Hello Hello

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Oooohhhh burn.

(Also slightly cheeky considering Blizzard have done quite a lot of frigging with Hearthstone over the last year or so to tweak it more and more towards being pay to win, and repeatedly put certain key 'must have' cards for some classes/decks into the epic/legendary categories which makes it far less likely you'll get them by random chance, and thus nudges folks towards dropping some cash on packs.)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:20 
Excellent Member

Is SC2 an all-out old-school RTS or is more in line with the modern RPG/RTS hybrids like Dawn of War 2?

Being free by itself isn't reason enough to try it. I don't have much time now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:30 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Old-school.

Reply to topic  [ 568 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next