Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ] 
 Post subject: Stupendous, stupifying
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:58 
lazy eye patch

Hi gang.

Here at World of CUS, we don't seem to have a thread where we obsessively talk about some guy, from some site, on the internet somewhere. Everyone else seems to - even the guys and sites who constantly moan about guys and sites coming around supposedly just to bother them.

Now, I'm currently gagged at the fabulous World of Stalin, after attempting to point out to its proprieter that he is a quite astonishingly hypocritical jackass. I didn't use those words of course, I have some manners. Mostly I was only concerned for the sanity and career prospects of the men involved. I'm used to seeing anonymous goons being a Big Silly, but it's different to see such public humiliation of Real People.

Still, after watching with weary near-interest as two frustrated and out-of-touch former games industry professionals attempt to desperately play Yu-Gi-Last Vestiges of Dignity-O, I noticed that this forum is being dragged into things by one of these tired old men.

From WoS:
RevStu wrote:
The Nixon Administration wrote:
(edit) Aw, bless, look, Comical is in on the action, banging his sad little "forum terms and conditions" saucepan. Invision themselves haven't reacted yet, no matter how many times he's doubtless tipped them off to this imagined transgression, so I wonder who he thinks he's persuading?

I saw that. And after all the support and encouragement we gave him when HE got attacked by a big company for ripping off their trademarks/IP, too. What a truly horrible little man he is. WoCUS is welcome to him.

Indeed, we need his brooding hate to sustain our dread portal to hell. Would anyone like to say anything before I start saying 'Irony' more times than any human can stand?

Post subject: Re: Stupendous, stupifying
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:04 
Gogmagog

My view is that if the two of them want to play at playground squabbles and beat their chests of long forgotten days of glory, then they can, but it's toe-curlingly painful to read. And really rather sad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:07 
Bad Girl

Ah leave it, he'll forget about this forum in due course. We all know that J Nash was the reason we bought Amiga Power anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:11 
Legendary Boogeyman

From WoS:
RevStu wrote:
(edit) Aw, bless, look, Comical is in on the action, banging his sad little "forum terms and conditions" saucepan. Invision themselves haven't reacted yet, no matter how many times he's doubtless tipped them off to this imagined transgression, so I wonder who he thinks he's persuading?

I saw that. And after all the support and encouragement we gave him when HE got attacked by a big company for ripping off their trademarks/IP, too. What a truly horrible little man he is. WoCUS is welcome to him.

Hang on a mo, what are they talking about? I haven't said a peep to invision or anyone else about anything. Dare I say I have infinitely better uses for my time?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:12 
Future War Cultist

Location: Nottingham. Again. No, wait, I'm back in Manchester.
I'd leave this place in an instant if World of J Nash appeared.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:16 
lazy eye patch

RevStu wrote:
I don't feel any need to debate anything with Bruce any more. If this had been a boxing match, the referee would have ended it days ago before the poor old fool took any more punishment, and frankly he doesn't deserve the attention. He's a nutter with an unpopular blog full of incoherent nonsense, and I'm pretty sure the entire internet knows that by now.

Hoorah for WoStalin! Hoorah for organized trolling on blogs and forums! Hoorah for me deciding that now is the time that we are ending this game now, because all of my downloadable illegal games and stuff are being brought into question. So let's everyone stop playing and all agree that I won.

I for one am glad that WoStalin* has shown us what Mr. Stuart Campbell is really capable of, in this last month. Faced with a money problem, a restless and over-crowded forum, and problems with moderating against his unwantables, he has taken the best action possible, done the very best within his power, to show what he is really made of. You heard WoStalin is dead? Think again bitch! We're back and we're better than ever! We've got the best old content that you've already bought, the best obligational fees for illegal shit you don't want, and if we need to get a bit of positive interest then we'll just find some fool and laugh in his confused old face until we feel better about ourselves again. This really is the best forum on the internet.

DavyddGrimm wrote:
I'd leave this place in an instant if World of J Nash appeared.

I wouldn't. I've already seen one previously respected professional writer abandon all dignity for the good ship Hypocritical Selfish Twat, I'd be too afraid to see it happen again.

* I'm tired of this already, but hey, fair play and all that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:17 
Legendary Boogeyman

I'm still confused CUS. Am I supposed to have said something about Stuart somewhere?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:18 
lazy eye patch

You know at least as much as I do, I'm just the copy/paster. Thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:19 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

ComicalGnomes wrote:
I'm still confused CUS. Am I supposed to have said something about Stuart somewhere?

I believe Stuart & co are referring to this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:21 
Isn't that lovely?

I remember reading a "CG" saying something about Stu breaking the T+C of invision free. I assume that (as I did) they thought that CG = Comical Games.

Malc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:22 
Isn't that lovely?

Craster wrote:
ComicalGnomes wrote:

I believe Stuart & co are referring to this.

That's the one, comment number 5

Malc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:24 
baron of techno

ComicalGnomes wrote:
From WoS:
RevStu wrote:
(edit) Aw, bless, look, Comical is in on the action, banging his sad little "forum terms and conditions" saucepan.

Hang on a mo, what are they talking about? I haven't said a peep to invision or anyone else about anything. Dare I say I have infinitely better uses for my time?

This, no? It's not to invision but it is to anyone.

CG on 04.29.08 at 5:50 am wrote:

That site is also breaking the terms of its forum hosting by charging for access to parts of the forum as well as the discussions about “subscriber bonuses” (i.e. pirated material).

See http://invisionfree.com/index.php?p=tos sections 3.1 and 13 for confirmation.

Just let it lie Bob.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:25 
lazy eye patch

Well, I don't know anyone else with CG as their initials, so I think we can all agree that Comical Gnomes is a hate-filled ball of loathing that will consume us all. I have no proof of this but this matters not.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:27 
Legendary Boogeyman

After some investigation, I too found that comments section on that guy's blog. Well, what can I say, I'm almost impressed that I'm so notorious that the only thing 'CG' can possibly mean is 'ComicalGames' or 'ComicalGnomes'.

I'm also darkly amused that Stuart took this very thin inference to wax vitriol all about me and my new supposed hypocracies. He must think I read his old, dead forum and then post everywhere I can on anything he might read, as if I'm some deranged lunatic. :metul:

Sorry to dissapoint, that comment isn't mine. Certainly, if I was trying to hide myself I wouldn't use my initials, and if I wasn't trying, I'd use my full handle cheerfully admit it.

How amusing, in a sad and embarassing way.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:28 
Hibernating Druid

I don't know who it could be either, do you Craig Grannell?
;)

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:29 
making out to faces of death

I don't want to see this on this forum and I'm not happy at all that you posted it here.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:32 
lazy eye patch

Then sir, I invite you to look elsewhere, in a cordial and democratic expression of tolerance.

edit: I might add that That Place is discussed enough on Bits & Bobs, and other places, that to be honest I think it would be of benefit to you if it was all in one thread.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:37 
Kinda Funny Lookin'

Can we just this, raking up 'The Unpleasentness' isn't really going to help is it?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:39 
lazy eye patch

Then sir, I invite you to go over to WoStalin and invite him to grow up.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:42 
UltraMod

CUS: you told me in a PM you weren't going to bother dredging this up over here - why have you? It's pointless and irrelevant to this forum.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:43 
Peculiar, yet lovely

AceAceBaby wrote:
I don't want to see this on this forum and I'm not happy at all that you posted it here.

This.

We're not the anti-stuart. I can understand you guys being frustrated and pissed off, but this only making things worse. Anything that makes this place just seem like somewhere we go to bitch about Campbell is to be avoided - there are plenty of forums that do the "ex-wosomite with a grudge" thing already, and all it does is gets everybody involved more riled up, attracts trolls and puts off decent newcomers.

Everyone please just agree to politely hate each other and let's move on, yeah?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:43 
Legendary Boogeyman

Well, since I've been mentioned, and since this thread exists, I'd just like to note this:

Quote:

By 'we' I assume he means everyone on this forum reading this, because anyone who gave me support at the time is probably here and not there. I don't recall getting any 'support' from Stu himself, although I seem to remember him calling me a 'wuss' because I wouldn't commit short-term financial suicide by getting into a large legal battle.

It also seems that his dislike of me has transformed PTS from something that, at the time, everyone certainly agreed was unique and not impinging on any trademarks or otherwise, to something was was ripping them off all along. Sad.

Anyway, since I don't like giving the vocal old man any more airtime than he deserves, I'll go back to ignoring him completely, which is what I was doing before today anyway.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:47 

You know, it's a bit cliched now but the XKCD joke about 'someone on the Internet' being wrong is rather apt. In the grand scheme of things, web forums don't matter.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:47 
lazy eye patch

myoptika wrote:
CUS: you told me in a PM you weren't going to bother dredging this up over here - why have you? It's pointless and irrelevant to this forum.

I haven't dredged up anything. I am annoyed that Mr. Campbell has newly decided to directly involve this forum in his own tiresome games. Given that there are other threads on this forum where people are discussing That Forum*, and given that he has taken to specifically attacking members of this forum, it seemed a wise precaution to make The Stu Zone for roping off such matters. Or we can just occasionally discuss such things on Bits & Bobs and the like, and elsewhere, and assume that nobody else would be interested in Mr. Campbell having a go at them specifically, and that nobody else would thereby creating essentially this same thread again.

That said, if a clear majority of folks would simply prefer not to have any mention of Napolean, then (as always) I will abide by majority rule. I'm just gratified that nobody has mentioned whelks.

Sinister Agent wrote:
We're not the anti-stuart.

Oh, I dunno about that. Personally, unlike Stuart and say, I dunno, Ben Elton, I try to live my life to a consistent set of ethics.

* other people, who people like, on other threads

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:54 
Sleepyhead

Personally I preferred the threads on whelks.

Bygone, people, bygones!

:hat:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 13:56 
What-ho, chaps!

You kinda are dredging, y'know. (Well, if you continue you are, at least)

He mentioned 'WoCUS' offhand. It's hardly 'involving the forum' (which is kinda hard because it's not like it's one big solid entity or what have you) in his discussio-matic with Bruce. It's directly involving 'CG', and 'CG' can get involved in whatever they like.

It's hardly worth spending time writing a thread which is basically

Quote:
Stu didn't want to read what I had to say after I pointed something out. Now he's mentioning the forum in a thread on his forum because he thinks somebody else he didn't want to talk to who is now on this forum has taken a view which directly involves his [Stu's] business.

Aaaaaaand..... *drum roll*

Stu stinks!

Go play a game!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 14:03 
lazy eye patch

MrD wrote:
You kinda are dredging, y'know. (Well, if you continue you are, at least)

Then, I shall stop, and invite mods to do whatever they will these days.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 14:04 
EvilTrousers

MrD wrote:
Go play a game!

Pooh Sticks

(Water under the bridge. SEE.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 14:05 
Hibernating Druid

As this thread is causing a rift in excellence it's getting locked.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 14:05 
UltraMod

Ok, the majority don't seem to want this thread to continue, so I'm going to lock it. Any complaints, you know where we are.

Mods involved in this decision:
myoptika
Zardoz
Craster
Grim...

Last edited by Grim... on Tue Apr 29, 2008 14:24, edited 2 times in total.
Added 'Grim...', beacause I would have been if I wasn't eating my lunch

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 30 posts ]