Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: I collect...
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 15:12 
Skillmeister

I have 48 xbox games that haven't even been in the machine yet. Thus I win.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 15:19 

Dimrill wrote:
I have 48 xbox games that haven't even been in the machine yet. Thus I win.

fucking WHAT?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 15:24 
Skillmeister

Yep. I am Mega Twat!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 15:30 

Dimrill wrote:
Yep. I am Mega Twat!

I don't get it....

that's so many.

It's not like you don't play your games and you've played as much varied shite as I have. So how can you have 48 unplayed?! I don't get it! I can't think of 48 games you haven't played. Honestly.

I've got OpFlashPoint and Fable 2 GOTY unplayed. Maybe one or two others.

It's madness!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 15:31 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Dimrill buys every single game that comes out, that's how.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 15:34 
Paws for thought

Blucey wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Yep. I am Mega Twat!

I don't get it....

that's so many.

It's not like you don't play your games and you've played as much varied shite as I have. So how can you have 48 unplayed?! I don't get it! I can't think of 48 games you haven't played. Honestly.

It's madness!

More disturbinigly, he chose to play LSL before any of that 48.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 15:35 
Skillmeister

I did a list somewhere in some thread or something. Some.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 15:37 
Skillmeister

Ah yes

Quote:
Alone in the Dark, Armoured Core: For Answer, ATrain HX, Battlestations Midway, Battlestations Pacific, Band Hero, Beowulf, Blacksite, Blood Bowl, Blazing Angels 2, Call of Duty 3, Condemned, Condemned 2, Damnation, The Darkness, Dark Sector, Eternal Sonata, FEAR 2, Fracture, Ghostbusters, Golden Axe: Beast Rider, Hellboy the Science of Evil, Jericho, Lost Planet, Lost Odyssey, Namco Museum, Onenchhehchehcehbababernrba, Pro Evo 6, Pure, Quake 4, Quantum of Solave, Red Alert 3, Resident Evil 5, Risen, Sega Rally, Sega Superstars Tennis, SKate, SMackdown vs RAW 2010, Star Trek: Legacy, Stuntman Ignition, Street Fighter 4, TNA IMpact, Tomb Raider Underworld, EndWar, Turning Point Fall of Liberty, Warhammer Battlemarch.

....fuck.

Oh and Guitar Hero Smash Hits and WET. That's.. 48 games.

I've played Smash Hits now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 15:38 
Esoteric

Mr Dave wrote:
Blucey wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Yep. I am Mega Twat!

I don't get it....

that's so many.

It's madness!

More disturbinigly, he chose to play LSL before any of that 48.

I was guilty of buying that over something better. It's just my fascination with the past. And early LSL games were excellent.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 16:42 
I forgot about this - how vain

chinnyhill10 wrote:
Dr Lave wrote:
I have a Wunderkammer (german for cabinant of wonders).

Are they the things that appear in the Doctor Who story, Ghostlight? You know, where Ace opens a set of drawers only to find all the dead insects on display inside have come to life?

I've not seen it, but sounds like it.

Faith schools, scientologists and 2-D platform games.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 16:53 

[quote]Alone in the Dark, Armoured Core: For Answer, ATrain HX, Battlestations Midway, Battlestations Pacific, Band Hero, Beowulf, Blacksite, Blood Bowl, Blazing Angels 2, Call of Duty 3, Condemned, Condemned 2, Damnation, The Darkness, Dark Sector, Eternal Sonata, FEAR 2, Fracture, Ghostbusters, Golden Axe: Beast Rider, Hellboy the Science of Evil, Jericho, Lost Planet, Lost Odyssey, Namco Museum, Onenchhehchehcehbababernrba, Pro Evo 6, Pure, Quake 4, Quantum of Solave, Red Alert 3, Resident Evil 5, Risen, Sega Rally, Sega Superstars Tennis, SKate, SMackdown vs RAW 2010, Star Trek: Legacy, Stuntman Ignition, Street Fighter 4, TNA IMpact, Tomb Raider Underworld, EndWar, Turning Point Fall of Liberty, Warhammer Battlemarch.[/quote]

Good god... that's a mostly awful list. AITD was an enjoyable 1000 (if you can cope with hateful camera and controls), Condemned was an awful 975 (it wasn't given 1000 gamerscore) - you have to play it twice and in stupid ways, Beast Rider is the worst game on the 360 possibly, Onechanbara rocks but isn't an easy 1000, Namco is awful but I've maxed a lot of it, QoLOLace is great!, Skate was a tough 1000 but one of my best, SF4 is a cunt for achvs.

I maxed PES6 and it was genuinely horrible. That was my first overly forced whore sesh. 3rd max. Ultra painful.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:02 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Battlestations: Pacific is lots of fun.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:02 
Skillmeister

It feels incredibly awful after the joys of flight in IL-2 though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:03 
Hibernating Druid

Blucey wrote:
Onechanbara rocks

Hmmm, I'm after a new game with crazyness, tiddies and swords... but you also like Dead Rising...

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:04 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Ah, see - I rushed through the flying missions so I could spend more time playing with the lovely, lovely boats.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:04 
Skillmeister

It's... not great. I had about 20 minutes with it and the stupid stamina system means you can't attack anything after 20-30 hits.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:07 
Comfortably Dumb

Blucey wrote:
AITD was an enjoyable 1000 (if you can cope with hateful camera and controls)

Having to blink in a game isn't my idea of fun and it didn't get much better so I lasted maybe 30 minutes before giving up on it.

On the original subject, I also collect devil/skull type junk - usually tacky ornaments. The games collecting takes precedence though.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:08 
Unpossible!

devilman wrote:
Having to blink in a game

For realz? Yowser.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:11 
Comfortably Dumb

DavPaz wrote:
devilman wrote:
Having to blink in a game

For realz? Yowser.

I think it was only the initial bit of the game to be fair to it.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:12 
Hibernating Druid

Dimrill wrote:
It's... not great. I had about 20 minutes with it and the stupid stamina system means you can't attack anything after 20-30 hits.

So you have played it!? Or are you talking about Boat attack stamina to Craster?

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:13 
Skillmeister

Doesn't Heavy Rain have each analogue stick tied to the left and right eyelids? So while you're bleakly farting around in Life Simulator 2.0 you have to coordinate blinks. I can't wait for a game where your character sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who sits down to play a game of a character who ......

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:14 
Skillmeister

Zardoz wrote:
Dimrill wrote:

So you have played it!? Or are you talking about Boat attack stamina to Craster?

Yes I played it. I bought it back in August while in Poole and played it when I returned yem. I was entirely underwhelmed.

Unpossible!

I feel we've wandered off topic. :nerd:

Skillmeister

How dare we! I am flagellating as I type in remorse.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:17 
I don't collect anything.

I tend not to throw much stuff out tho, there is a nice collection of empty pepsi bottles around my bin at the moment.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 17:19 
Soopah red DS

I doubt I'd match Dimmers' 48 (or whatever you're down to now - 46?) but I do have a shelf of unplayed games. As for collecting, it's Lego for me. Mostly Star Wars lego, and classic at that, but I'm not completist about it, I just get the things I like the look of. Which is most of it, sometimes multiple times. I've long bought more than one if I've spotted them cheap, though, with the intention of selling some to cover the cost of the others - it seems to go up in value over time fairly unerringly. So I've recently got round to selling things on Amazon and, yup, GBA games hold value pretty well, I've cleared a few unplayed but unopened games and the Lego habit has become a step closer to being self-funding.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 18:47 
and!

I suppose my big geeky collecting thing would be CDs what with MP3s and what not making them a bit pointless. I've certainly got over a thousand.

I sort of collect old computers and consoles or at least I did when I was younger. The magic has gone out of it now with various things not working anymore and emulators have ruined it, tbh. I've got a few intersting things like a sam, a couple of Archimedes, a QL, a DEC Rainbow and a boxed and (probably) mint PC Engine which I had from new (sadly not the white one - it's a Core Grafx II). I've also got the NES deluxe set which I also had from new and I've even got the box for that somewhere.

Comedy podcast, films and that - http://www.wenton.co.uk - Now with Hammer horror special

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 18:50 
Skillmeister

Ooh, I also have complete collections of Your Sinclair, Amiga Power, Retro Gamer and Terrorizer too. 1/2 complete CRASH collection also.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 18:53 
Chinny chin chin

Dimrill wrote:
Retro Gamer

I did have, until it turned shit. About the time that smug tit Ian Lee started to write for it. I say "write", what I mean is "scrawl down a load of old shite he remembers from his childhood and pass it off as post-modern." The cock. And that idiot from the god awful C+VG, the thinking mans Sinclair User.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 19:26 
Skillmeister

I have to admit to not being bothered to actually read the last 3 issues now.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 19:27 
Esoteric

Dimrill wrote:
I have to admit to not being bothered to actually read the last 3 issues now.

You should change your name to John Coffey.....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:07 

I suppose I (not particularly unusually) collect DVDs, and now Blu-rays (and, for about five minutes, HD-DVDs). Obviously they've got a purpose, but there is definitely a pleasure in just acquiring them and putting them on the shelf (and shuffling everything after them in the alphabet along and onto the next shelf etc.) that is quite distinct (I'm not claiming it's superior) to that of watching them.

Lately I'm definitely buying/being given them faster than I can watch them. I realised the other day that it's quite likely I'll die before I get around to watching quite a few of them.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:33 

chinnyhill10 wrote:
Dimrill wrote:
Retro Gamer

I did have, until it turned shit. About the time that smug tit Ian Lee started to write for it. I say "write", what I mean is "scrawl down a load of old shite he remembers from his childhood and pass it off as post-modern." The cock. And that idiot from the god awful C+VG, the thinking mans Sinclair User.

I get to read the RG issues my dad buys(!), and 100% agree with you. Loads of it is shite now. Unfortunately.

I have a Super Play collection missing only three issues. Unfortunately that includes the staggeringly rare issue 2.

I collect Transformers, or at least maintain a collection of some form. Nothing to do with the two awful Michael Bay movies, though.

I also pick up items related to socialist and social-democratic parties whenever I can. Recent acquisition was an old Labour Party badge from the 1950s with the old logo, predating the rose, seemingly influenced by the communist hammer and sickle.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:03 
It's all pish

Videogames is the big one for me - not just games & consoles, but old computers, handheld electronic games, magazines, books, all that sort of guff. I almost bought a Pacman board game at a thrift store a couple of weeks ago, but it was missing some pieces. :(

Apart from that, I still have my childhood stamp collection - nothing special, but I'll buy the odd first day cover or presentation pack occasionally. I also have a small coin collection - again, nothing special, but I have a habit of collecting the coins from whichever places I go to. It was great living in Ireland when the Euro was introduced & scouring my change every day for new ones from different countries.

Hmm, what else - I'll pick up books on exploration whenever I can find them, particularly polar (and especially Antarctic) exploration. Fascinating stuff, even if you do tend to read the same stuff about Scott over and over again.

Xbox Live & Game Centre ID - MalcSeventyFour
You're not allowed to be better than me, though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 20:27 
and!

Quote:
Pacman board game

I remember that! I had it as a kid. Gone now, sadly.

It was probably shit as most board games are variations on Ludo.

Comedy podcast, films and that - http://www.wenton.co.uk - Now with Hammer horror special

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 20:34 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

ltia wrote:
Quote:
Pacman board game

I remember that! I had it as a kid. Gone now, sadly.

It was probably shit as most board games are variations on Ludo.

I had the Donkey Kong one which i seem to remember being an odd snakes and ladders like with cards to move / use a hammer / etc and a funny elastic band on Kongs arm to drop the barrels which never really worked

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 21:20 
Esoteric

I collect Alienwares :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 0:57 

Anonymous X wrote:
I also pick up items related to socialist and social-democratic parties whenever I can. Recent acquisition was an old Labour Party badge from the 1950s with the old logo, predating the rose, seemingly influenced by the communist hammer and sickle.

Ah, found a pic of an identical pin on eBay. Quite amusing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:56 
Honey Boo Boo

Most of my collecty things (Micro Machines, Starcom, Majokit sets, HO-gauge train set) are gone now, leaving me with just videogames and my shattered fucking dreams.

I have a pretty decent sized collection of PC Gamer (a few ancient issues including the second, and all of them from 1997-2002) and had a pretty big one of Nintendo Power but got rid of that.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:27 
It's all pish

MetalAngel wrote:
I have a pretty decent sized collection of PC Gamer (a few ancient issues including the second, and all of them from 1997-2002)

To this very day I'm still crushed when I remember that I chucked out a 5ft high pile of PC mags when I emigrated, including the first 50-odd issues of both PC Gamer and PC Zone and a load of PC Format's from back when it was actually good. I think I threw out the first half-dozen issues of Edge as well (although I probably deserve some kind of medal from the Fight Against Pretentious, Wanky Videogame Mags for doing that, actually).

Xbox Live & Game Centre ID - MalcSeventyFour
You're not allowed to be better than me, though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:30 

Know what you mean there, Malc. Early Edge almost reads as if it was written by some alien species who hadn't grasped human social norms yet, it was so "cold" and odd.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 8:32 
Excellent Member

Badges and Take That stuff. I stopped collecting one of
these things when I was 9. I'll leave you to decide which.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:25 
baron of techno

Badgers?

I used to collect the cardboard boxes / sleeves from lightbulbs. Really, there was an amazing variety and they were often nicely designed and colourful, with all the old logos of companies that don't exist any more.

That's the only thing I collected. Didn't even save computer magazines or anything - I wasn't bothered then and I'm not bothered now.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 19:09 
Honey Boo Boo

kalmar wrote:
Badgers?

I've been saving badgers for quite some time now. As you can see, this one has gotten a bit smelly.

Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2