And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21
 Post subject: Re: Dreams and nightmares
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:32 
Bad Girl

Satsuma wrote:
My dreams are better than yours.

Y’see people, don’t even try and compete with my dreams. You might as well just get blackout drunk before you go to sleep at night, cause my mighty brain is feeding me sweet sweet sexy dreams while wolves chomp down on your delicates.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 13:20 
Paws for thought

Satsuma wrote:
Y’know how they say that sex dreams are, like, about other things? Well I had a sex dream last night and it seemed entirely about just having great sex.

My dreams are better than yours.

Details left out.
It was with doll, wasn't it.

I had a really weird dream the other night where I suddenly noticed that everyone I knew was actually a hippopotamus,and I've just been very unobservant my entire life.
It was not a sex dream.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:22 
gooby pls

I can almost never remember my dreams, but last night I dreamt that for BeEx's 10 year anniversary, Grim... updated the forum software to a spangly new one that ran on Joomla.

I remember feeling very disappointed in the dream, and even calling Jem over to get her to check that I wasn't going mad, and that it was actually running on Joomla.

Apparently my deep-seated hatred of Joomla is now infecting my subconscious too ;)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:00 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Also Beex was 10 months ago.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 15:33 
Lupine member

Grim... wrote:
Also Beex was 10 months ago.

Feels longer.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:43 
Lord Humongous

Weird dream snippet just came back to me:

Was walking through Poulton (local town) and stumbled across Markg and Baz* among other people sat outside a pub and a few pints in. On seeing me Mark asked if I wanted a drink and walked into the bar then insisted on buying me Gammon**, Egg & Chips as "it was just a nice thing to do". Didn't have the heart to tell him I would have preferred the steak and ale pie. Woke up before meal arrived. :(

*Tinkers regular

**he must be a leave voter!

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:23 
Paws for thought

You know how you always wake up in dreams before you die. It's said that this is because your mind doesn't know how to represent it and what comes after.

So I died last night...

What comes after is that Grim... and Craster give you an expensive server*. And then someone breaks into your house and leaves a cake informing you that they've taken your cooking pans.

Frankly, this is not at all what I expected.

I woke up at that point. Death, I sneer at. Stealing my kitchenware, and replacing it with an ugly yellow cake with messy luminous green icing writing on it, that I take offence to.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:43 
ugvm'er at heart...

I had a nightmare that last night Mr Dave posted an unresolved footnote, but calmed down by convincing myself that would never happen.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:52 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

FOR I AM HE

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:04 
Paws for thought

* - it was their fault I died, clearly. I was fixing their server** which, because they are apparently bond villains or something, was suspended miles off the ground by a crane in some mountains. For cooling, apparently.

I fell. For quite a time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:37 
Prince of Fops

Zardoz wrote:

insisted on buying me Gammon**, Egg & Chips as "it was just a nice thing to do".

He's not wrong. If only there were more random acts of ham, this country would be a better place.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 18:10 
Noob as of 6/8/10

I was on a motor yacht at sea, with about a dozen other people, but the engine failed and we were going to have to be towed back to harbour.

As the tow rope was about to be attached, I advised everyone that they'd be better in the cabin, because if the tow rope broke, it could whip back and cause serious injuries.

No one wanted to go in the cabin, they all said they might be sea sick if they were below deck, so we were all crowded on the deck. A couple of kids sat at the bow, and I was stuck on the port side with my feet only half on the side of the deck, holding on to a rail on top of the cabin and expecting to fall overboard at any moment. Then some dick-head went, 'Boo!' right beside me and I nearly lost my grip. He thought it was hilarious, but I told him I was going to kick the shit out of him when we made land.

Then, we were ashore and had gone into a cafe for a meal that we'd pre-ordered before our pleasure cruise. I was sitting alone, and not really hungry as I'd eaten earlier, but then remembered that I'd ordered scallops as a starter, as I'd never had them before. They arrived, and suddenly I didn't fancy them. Another bloke has joined me at the table, an old friend who I hadn't seen for over 40 years, and I offered him my starter and slid the plate over to him. Then I thought I'd better try one scallop, just to see what it was like. I bit into it, and it was very meaty and quite tough, with a texture like pork. The taste wasn't unpleasant, but it was very chewy and I thought i'd never be able to finish it.

The End.

Some of this has a basis in reality. I have been on a boat recently (the Isle of Wight ferry, which ran aground a few days later), Mrs. W and I were discussing scallops a few days ago when we saw them on some foody programme and neither of us ever have tried them, and I last year I did make contact with an old friend who I hadn’t seen or heard from in around 40 years.

Update. My old friend doesn't like scallops.

Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21