Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 66  Next
 Post subject: Re: Be Excellent to Each Other in Manchester - Sat 27th Feb 2010
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:32 
Part physicist, part WARLORD

I guess now I'm back at the computer I should probably sum up my evening.

What a strange experience. Wandering into a pub and spotting a large group of people you know quite well, but have never met. You've seen their pictures and you've spoken to them for years, but it still throws you to be standing next to them with a drink in your hand instead of a mouse and keyboard. Weird, but most excellent.

The hotel was a bit shit, considering the price we paid. We were supposedly in the quiet section, but still had loud, drunk idiots clambering down the halls at all hours. The pub on the Friday night was also shit, considering a £2 £3 entry fee, pounding shit music, and £3.20 for a single water-tasting Vodka & coke. Needless to say, I only bothered with one drink there. Everyone was very tired, and we only managed to commandeer a small table between the eleven or so people there. Much did improve for the second night, though, with everyone fresh and mostly familiar with eachother. A load of new faces, but not quite as daunting as meeting thirty-odd new people at once!

Myp is a relentless handful. He managed to stay awake for the entire evening on Friday, completely breaking his stereotype. Fortunately on the Saturday he got a few more beers in and lived up to every expectation. You're an animal, chap, and a nightmare. Great meeting you.

Ange: how you put up with Myp is anybody's guess. You were a star, and surprisingly mother-esque while trying to find the Gourmet Burger Kitchen. Seven people relying on their phones for directions, and not a clue. Though I have a confession to make: when Myp ordered me to buy him a drink, and you told me to get him a coke as he was too drunk, I stuck a double Vodka in there. Oops! :luv:

118: we didn't really get to speak much, really, aside from sleepily perving at the barmaid on Friday you seemed to have a bit of a thing for. Either way, you're awesome, and many thanks for arranging the meal – fantastic little restaurant, that. Well worth it, even just to see ThroughSilver chug away his fourth bowl. We forgot to bring that Beatles game for you, though!

Gill & Jen: Gill is much taller than I imagines, and Jen is much shorter, though she very much lived up to being incredibly quiet for the brief time I was with her. Despite sitting next to you both in the restaurant, we barely spoke, and you left way too early on the Saturday. Bloody shame!

ThroughSilver: I don't think you ever did explain what you do for a living, so there's no way you're going to stop me thinking you wrestle mountain goats all day now. A top bloke, with the manliest eyebrows you can imagine, and yet a complete obsession with furniture. I hope you find your dream sofa, chap.

MrDave: the most obscene, lewd man you could hope to meet. He puts Zardoz to shame with his bum-pinching, ear-licking antics. Didn't see you much on the Saturday, but had a fair chat with you before that, then wandered back to the hotel, joining you in your complaints about the shit pub.

Bik: I didn't even know you were Bik on the Friday, since nobody seemed to introduce you or mention you by username for the entire evening, coupled with your insistence on the forum that you're fat (you're really not). We didn't get to chat properly, but a brief introduction on Saturday will have to do. Maybe next time!

Perkies & Kate: Didn't get to speak to either of you until you left on Saturday, unfortunately. We had a brief, sobering discussion about bike crashes, and I saw Perkies' knee. I gave a confused Kate a goodbye hug, and that was that. Maybe next time, chaps.

Mr Russel: my, you're incredibly tall, and a thoroughly excellent chap. I remember talking to you a fair bit, but can't for the life of me remember what about. Feel free to touch up Miss Malabar any time.

Nickachu: I still can't believe you were there, nor can I believe you look older than me, you emo fuck. Thanks for showing me your entire bum crack.

Mr Chris: It's a shame you didn't turn up. I promised to buy you a drink. Maybe next time.

Zardoz: I didn't get to speak to you much, but you bumped into me as you were leaving the toilet, then couldn't stop hugging me. You were very proud of your earrings and their impeccably even spacing.

Gaywood/Fanny Stupid: Gaywood is tiny, loud, and a man of science. He lived up to every expectation as an excellent, overtly Welsh chap. Get some NerdGloves™ – you were terribly impressed with them. Fanny Stupid was lovely, and it was ace meeting her, but there's no fucking way I'm letting you call Indiana the mid-west, given it's practically on the East coast in the grand scheme of the USA.

Craster: nowhere near as ginger as I thought, but get working on your beard anyway. Clench harder, please. Great meeting you, for the little time we spent chatting.

Grim...: I didn't even meet you. What the fuck? 73%

DavPaz and Mrs P: I have met you twice now, and it's nice you stuck around this time, even if you had to leave stupidly early. I was massively jealous of you being home by 12:30 come Sunday morning, though, after me waking up and feeling of shit, with a whole Zoo-day ahead. Urgh! I didn't get to chat to Mrs P at all, but she seems lovely, and I hope she had a good time so you'll both come out to play again. Worrying, but unsurprising, that your first mention of breaking your hand involved your backup plans for masturbation, DavPaz.

Curiosity: nice to finally meet you, even if I forgot to get you back for repeatedly, constantly shooting me in the head on Jamfare 2. Hopefully Miss Malabar will finally shut up about you ‘being’ David Mitchell now she's met you. I owe you a drink, don't let me forget for next time.

Wullie: I can't believe I can understand you in person, over loud music, and with booze flowing freely through my veins. Great meeting you, but next time we're going to bring you a big afro wig and 'tache.

Kovacs: very glad you managed to make it. You're nowhere near as tall as I thought you'd be, or as intimidating. Great meeting you after all this time, and hope you'll make it again. How was my handshake?

Plissken & Mrs P: Lovely people, and great to see you coming all the way from Dublin for this. Had a great chat about graphic design with Mrs P, after Miss Malabar had stopped quizzing her about your ridiculously well-planned wedding. Shame you'd both left when we got back from the Gourmet Burger place, so hopefully we'll see you again.

Kalmar: I don't think I'd seen a picture of you before, but managed to guess who you were straight away. Didn't get to talk much, but great meeting you nonetheless. Arm-wrestling champion of BeeX, this guy, and looks nothing like Hello Kitty.

Dimmers: didn't get chance to talk to you, but you had a quick pop at my elbow, hair and name. You're a sod, but I love you all the same.

Jazzy & Joans: didn't speak to either of you much, despite going for a meal with you. Glad you got your jumper back off that thief, Joans. Hopefully see you both again.

Sinister & Amy: didn't get to speak to either of you much, aside from a brief conversation with Amy at the bar, and a brief defence of Sinister from Pod relentlessly pushing him to make more moves on Amy. I vaguely remember managing to use the phrase ‘Spitroast isn't an ultimatum’, though I can't really remember the context. Excellent people, and especially funny seeing Sinister stumbling around, inspecting everything around him in his bemused, drunken state.

Pod: You're a fucking champion. Pissed as hell, you introduced yourself to me four times, each time getting increasingly impressed about me already knowing who you were, and knowing more and more details about you. You must have thought I was made of magic.

Trousers: didn't get to speak to you at all, though you're not incredibly regular here and I doubted you'd know who I was. You don't look like a jester, much to my disappointment.

MarkG: very much the opposite of Zardoz, but I didn't get to even introduce myself to you. You looked like you were having fun, anyway, so nice kind-of-meeting you. Hopefully next time we'll chat.

Hopefully I haven't missed anybody out, but if I have: apologies!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:34 
Pyrotechnician!!!1

DavPaz wrote:
We have to get it over 100 pages. Then we can start a new one.

*cranks up spam machine*

:hat:

Damn it, it's not going to be funny when I do it now. I was going to do it to the iPhone thread but forgot, this was going to be my redemption!!!

WARNING!!! DO NOT CLICK THIS UNLESS YOU CAN HANDLE THE SIGHT OF MAXIMUM PWNAGE!!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:36 

Malabar Front wrote:
MarkG: very much the opposite of Zardoz!

*thanks fuck*

Yeah, sorry we missed each other man.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:36 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Malabar Front wrote:
Grim...: I didn't even meet you. What the fuck? 73%

I had no idea you were there.
That pub was very, er, segregated? I sat on as many tables as I could, though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:39 
Unpossible!

Malabar Front wrote:
What a strange experience. Wandering into a pub and spotting a large group of people you know quite well, but have never met. You've seen their pictures and you've spoken to them for years, but it still throws you to be standing next to them with a drink in your hand instead of a mouse and keyboard. Weird, but most excellent.
Yes that was odd. Especially when Trousers thought you were me. I can see the resemblance :roll:

Quote:
Worrying, but unsurprising, that your first mention of breaking your hand involved your backup plans for masturbation, DavPaz.

Ah, er, ahem. In my defence, I have no memory of saying that. Honest guv. Sounds like me though. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:40 
Excellent Member

DavPaz wrote:
No cheevo for me.

Cheevo for me, then.

And one for winning at Killer.

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:41 
Master of dodgy spelling....

I was amazed how many were there in the pub.... I came in, and was told we are that half of the pub...

between the bar and the toilet!!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:46 
Skillmeister

I missed out on the Gill/Jen/Maninabra and Nikachu corner most I think. The ladies did spend a while sniffing me around the pool table though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:46 
baron of techno

Malabar Front wrote:
Pod: You're a fucking champion. Pissed as hell, you introduced yourself to me four times, each time getting increasingly impressed about me already knowing who you were, and knowing more and more details about you. You must have thought I was made of magic.

Pod repeatedly and quite aggressively insisted I was you, also.

Get a haircut indeed ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:47 
Sitting balls-back folder

KovacsC wrote:
I was amazed how many were there in the pub.... I came in, and was told we are that half of the pub...
By the time we left we'd taken over at least 75% of the pub.

I quite liked the barmaid in that weird "but she's not even very attractive" way that sometimes happen, but not as much as I liked two of the girls working at the Mongolian Grill (or as much as I've managed to convince myself that they liked me - I'll be going back soon with Damian, who briefly turned up with his gaggle when everyone on both sides was far too pissed to make any rational introduction or conversation).

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:48 
Excellent Member

Oh, and who was it who wanted possible SharePoint help? I think in my inebriated state I manage to totally misunderstand what you were asking.

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:50 

kalmar wrote:
Pod repeatedly and quite aggressively insisted I was you, also.

Get a haircut indeed ;)

Hah. I'm sure the confusion there was the drunken similarity between our usernames, though. Mostly I was confused with Nickachu.

Also: cock off ;)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:51 

BikNorton wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
By the time we left we'd taken over at least 75% of the pub.

I quite liked the barmaid in that weird "but she's not even very attractive" way that sometimes happen, but not as much as I liked two of the girls working at the Mongolian Grill (or as much as I've managed to convince myself that they liked me - I'll be going back soon with Damian, who briefly turned up with his gaggle when everyone on both sides was far too pissed to make any rational introduction or conversation).

:this: she hade great tattoos, and a red poka dot binkini top on...

I was smitten

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:52 

Plissken wrote:
Oh, and who was it who wanted possible SharePoint help? I think in my inebriated state I manage to totally misunderstand what you were asking.

That would probably be me. Nothing specific really at the moment, probably just someone to share my woes with.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:52 

Malabar Front wrote:
Bik: I didn't even know you were Bik on the Friday, since nobody seemed to introduce you or mention you by username for the entire evening, coupled with your insistence on the forum that you're fat (you're really not). We didn't get to chat properly, but a brief introduction on Saturday will have to do. Maybe next time!
Perkies, Kate and I spent quite some time in Genghis confused as to who you two were as well. It was Saturday before I found out who you were. Nice to have a brief chat with you in the end though! I've somehow put 4 pounds back on over the weekend, to a good lump over 15st - it just hangs well.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:53 
Skillmeister

I memorised Bik's face good.

Hibernating Druid

Kalmar looks the least like what I expected. I kind of expected a Swampy/Hello Kitty hybrid though.

You're defo not Scotchlanderish though.

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

Dimrill wrote:
I memorised Bik's face good.
You did.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:54 
UltraMod

Bik, you are about 6'8", though, so don't worry about it. I'm about two stone lighter than you but about a foot shorter.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:55 
baron of techno

Tattoo girl was nice wasn't she! Service with a smile too, even after midnight when the place and we were getting a bit rowdy.

Might have been nice to leave her / the bar a tip but that's probably not a done thing.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:56 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

The barmaid was absolutely lovely.

Skillmeister

She was nice. I felt like buying her a few sandwiches and mars bars though.

Hibernating Druid

She was well after me, but I told her I was going steady with Mr Dave now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:57 

BikNorton wrote:
Perkies, Kate and I spent quite some time in Genghis confused as to who you two were as well. It was Saturday before I found out who you were. Nice to have a brief chat with you in the end though! I've somehow put 4 pounds back on over the weekend, to a good lump over 15st - it just hangs well.

Hah. Such is the trouble with anonymous internet nerdery. My photo was right at the start of the photo thread, at least.

Unpossible!

Tattoo girl had you lot eating out of her hands. You should be ashamed. Shameful behaviour!

myoptikakaka wrote:
Bik, you are about 6'8", though, so don't worry about it. I'm about two stone lighter than you but about a foot shorter.
I think you've got me confused with someone else, I'm only 6'2". That's probably still giantish from your perspective though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:58 
Hibernating Druid

For the Shire!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:58 
Unpossible!

Actually, thinking about it, the overall height of the group was lower than I was expecting. Especially after the 'how tall are you' thread a while back.

Apart from Russ, obv.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:59 
Skillmeister

Big thank yous to everyone who bought me a drink, by the way. I'll get around to returning the favour at some point, I'm sure :S

Oddly, I don't remember buying a single drink in there (I do remember having many many drinks bought for me, thanks everyone) but somehow spent at least 30 quid, which a quarter pounder and an £7 kebab don't account for.

Who paid the taxi on the way back to mine?

BikNorton wrote:
myoptikakaka wrote:
I think you've got me confused with someone else, I'm only 6'2". That's probably still giantish from your perspective though.

With his head on the table the entire evening, even 118 was probably 6'8" to Myp.

Sleepyhead

I did well at pool.

Me and Jen defeated Nickachu and Gill, then I beat Nickachu and after that beat Alb1no (after an inspired 6 ball clear-up). I think I won a match with Myp at some point too, though Jen and I narrowly lost to some other peoples.

My victory over Nick was helped significantly by him twice making a difficult shot to pot one of the yellow balls, only for me to tell him that he was actually the red balls.

Also, he fell asleep during the game several times, mostly while lining up a shot.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 13:00 

DavPaz wrote:
Tattoo girl had you lot eating out of her hands. You should be ashamed. Shameful behaviour!

i know.... it was a laugh

Her Dragon fly was a uv tattoo, if I can rememeber correctly

Skillmeister

@Curio You buggered off to leave me fending off the Scotch girls on my own though!

UltraMod

Malabar Front wrote:
BikNorton wrote:

Hah. Such is the trouble with anonymous internet nerdery. My photo was right at the start of the photo thread, at least.

I just got around the problem by asking 'who are you?' to every person I didn't recognise.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 13:01 
wait..wut?

I wanted to tell everyone what a great time I had this weekend. Thank you so much for making this Colonial feel right at home. I even told our other internet friends how lovely you guys are!
http://chicofgeek.com/post/418240814/th ... attended-a

danielle

SupaMod
Est. 1978

BikNorton wrote:

Everyone but you ;)

Hibernating Druid

Dimrill wrote:
Big thank yous to everyone who bought me a drink, by the way. I'll get around to returning the favour at some point, I'm sure :S

Thanks for my nerd books x

Skillmeister

Flapjack stroked my pig :luv:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 13:02 

Grim... wrote:
BikNorton wrote:
Everyone but you ;)
Excellent!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 13:02 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

sistaflapjack wrote:
I wanted to tell everyone what a great time I had this weekend. Thank you so much for making this Colonial feel right at home. I even told our other internet friends how lovely you guys are!
http://chicofgeek.com/post/418240814/th ... attended-a

danielle

That photo is superb.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 13:05 

Malabar Front wrote:
BikNorton wrote:
Which thread I didn't think to flick through beforehand, stupidly.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 13:05 
Skillmeister

People seemed to have no trouble picking me out.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 13:06 

Oh, and this is the funniest photo of Miss Malabar I've ever seen. Cheers, Gaywood!

Stern LitlChef is stern indeed.

INFINITE POWAH

Gaywood's camera automatically gets everyone's best side, I think. I don't normally photograph well but I love that one of me and myp.

Bik - you are never 15 stone! 8) Red must be very slimming, then, as you looked in pretty good shape to me.

Dimrill wrote:

I did have to ask ‘Is it Drimrill?’

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 13:07 

Dimrill wrote:

you, Grim, Caster and Gaywood were easy to spot..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 13:08 
UltraMod

Mr Kissyfur wrote:
Gaywood's camera automatically gets everyone's best side, I think. I don't normally photograph well but I love that one of me and myp.

I'm going to get it framed. :luv:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 13:11 
Hibernating Druid

My face melts terribly as time goes by.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 13:12 
baron of techno

I hope there are no more photos of me :S

Reply to topic  [ 3284 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 56, 57, 58, 59, 60, 61, 62 ... 66  Next