Hibernating Druid

Is 'chew his moobs' ok?

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

Post subject: Re: Married Chums!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:18 

kalmar wrote:
Established figure of speech innit.

Moving on...

Not really. No. You could use that to justify virtually anything.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:19 

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
And Mimi, I think some of the reason that we don't want to say things that we think might insult some people is that Kizzy came across as been known as a friend of people off the boards, I got the impression she knew Grim... certainly, so that makes it harder to say something. But I agree with what you have said, I think if one of the guys off this board had said it both us and several of the other guys on here would have ripped his testicles off, and I don't mean in a pleasant way!

Yes, this was exactly the reason I felt awkward disagreeing with it, even though I felt quite strongly about what was said - also a few people saying that the poster was ace and excellent after the post was made had me thinking that I was the only person who felt that it was a bit off, but from what others have said afterwards it seems not. Anyway, after reading it about 24 hours later I decided to write my post

Also, is it possible to rip someone's testicles off in a pleasant way :?: :!:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:23 

Dudley wrote:
That last bit is the kind of post I don't like, why is that acceptable when you'd never let a bloke get away with "I'd cut a tit off"?

Hmmm... I think that Jasmine symbolically meant that in the sense that if a man had been saying that it is likely that everyone would have jumped at him (and she did say that men and women alike would probably do this), maybe to be seen as 'preying' on people being seen as a masculine trait (?) and if so the testicles, once removed, would calm the person's urges to do such a thing (which I believe is a result of castration). Removal of a breast might not have the same effect...
:hat:

Hehe.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:28 
Hibernating Druid

I'm glad everyones getting this off their chests. If we don't know where we stand on this issue we could really drop the ball.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:31 

That's bollocks. Do you think something like this could really make these boards go tits-up?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:35 
Gogmagog

What, wait. Back up a bit.

Mimi and Godess Jasmine AND Sinister Agent are all girls?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:44 

Urrgghhhh.

My eyes, MY EYES!
:'(

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:45 
lazy eye patch

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
But I've got big boobs!! :p

You and I really ought to go out on a date together... as... friends!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:48 

Mimi wrote:
My eyes, MY EYES!
You've seen it. YOU CAN'T UNSEE IT.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:48 
Gogmagog

Girls on Ventrilo when playing EvE was always amusing.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:10 
baron of techno

Zardoz wrote:
I'm glad everyones getting this off their chests. If we don't know where we stand on this issue we could really drop the ball.

There's no need to have a bust up, but we do need to tackle this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:18 

As long as we keep abreast of the things that are sent to teste us there's no reason to sack the whole thing off.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:24 
Hibernating Druid

If all this talk leads to our forum cocking up and going down at least we'll have some happy mammaries.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:26 
baron of techno

That would be a bit of a booboo, but these things should not be left dangling.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:32 

Zardoz wrote:
happy mammaries.

:DD

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:38 
INFINITE POWAH

In other news, good to have you here Kizzy: since LSav had been blocked by work I'd missed the place.

I hope none of the above has put you off the forum...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:26 

No-one's trying to have anyone 'put off' the forum, MrChris, but all the same it was something that I thought was a bit questionable and felt strongly about. I'm sorry if you think that I or anyone else was being overly opinionated about what someone you knew from elsewhere said, but this is what I meant when agreeing with GJ about finding it hard to say something in reply to what I thought was quite a nasty idea simply because other people knew the person posting. I have nothing against Kizzy, having never encountered her before, and didn't mean to cause offense, but I myself found what was being said quite offensive. I would have been far more forthright in saying so if it had been someone that I have known for years on WoS saying it but now your post makes me think I should have held my tongue because people championed the idea with 'you're ace!' which I found, frankly, quite confusing. ?:|

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:44 
INFINITE POWAH

Mimi wrote:
No-one's trying to have anyone 'put off' the forum, MrChris, but all the same it was something that I thought was a bit questionable and felt strongly about. I'm sorry if you think that I or anyone else was being overly opinionated about what someone you knew from elsewhere said, but this is what I meant when agreeing with GJ about finding it hard to say something in reply to what I thought was quite a nasty idea simply because other people knew the person posting. I have nothing against Kizzy, having never encountered her before, and didn't mean to cause offense, but I myself found what was being said quite offensive. I would have been far more forthright in saying so if it had been someone that I have known for years on WoS saying it but now your post makes me think I should have held my tongue because people championed the idea with 'you're ace!' which I found, frankly, quite confusing. ?:|

I'm surprised you thought she was being entirely serious, to start with.

Secondly, I'm surprised that it was so offensive to you that you were uncontrollably driven to have a go at someone who's just arrived. "Chatting girls up is _easy_, you just pick the ones that are obviously sexually repressed, get them really drunk and then let them know that you're bisexual" is hardly saying that you're getting someone so drunk they don't know what they're doing and then forcing them into something. "Letting them know you're bisexual" is about as passive an approach as I can imagine.

Anyway, I just don’t get the idea of being so judgemental about someone the minute they arrive. Surely you make an effort to be welcoming and then make up your mind whether to like them or not?

Sure, if someone turns up and within a post or two says "I HATE GHEYS AND BLACKS", fine, but not someone making a light hearted comment about lezzing up with repressed closet bisexuals.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:53 
Hibernating Druid

That's the trouble with forums, things can quickly snowball when posts are read out of context and without prior knowledge of the people involved. So er, lets just calm down and be excellent to each other. You're all wonderful and I'd let most of you seduce* me.

*Buy me drinks

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:59 
lazy eye patch

Yeah, what Zardoz said. Honestly, I've never seen such disgraceful behaviour. Tut tut tut.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 13:07 

Mr Chris wrote:
Mimi wrote:

I'm surprised you thought she was being entirely serious, to start with.

Secondly, I'm surprised that it was so offensive to you that you were uncontrollably driven to have a go at someone who's just arrived.

Whoa...(!) Firstly, I wasn't 'having a go' at anyone - I was responding to what someone had said - whether that person had 'just arrived' or not had bugger all to do with it. Secondly, I was not 'uncontrollably driven' - I said I waited until the next day to write what I did. Thirdly, is someone is being made 'very very drunk' then the approach is not a passive one if the person being sought out isn't in full control of making decisions.

lastly, I am not being judgemental about someone the minute they arrive - what on earth difference does it make if that's their first or 1000th post? I'm sorry that it was part of someone's opening gambit - but, what? If someone 'well established' had said it then I was OK to find an issue there, but because it was one of someone's opening statements about themselves I am not? I had read one other post by this person and welcomed them in as much as I good - I was glad to have a bit more female company on these forums, but this, I found a bit off, and I said so.

I also kept my post as non-personal as I could make it - I said that I didn't think that it was an acceptable thing for anyone to do - male/female/straight/gay... I wasn't singling anyone out

Sorry, Mr Chris, but I disagree entirely with you on this. I am sorry that I disagree with something that someone you know from elsewhere has said, but that's just the way I feel.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 13:15 
Legendary Boogeyman

Party on, dude!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 13:55 
Can you dig it?

Grim... wrote:
Plissken getting married has reminded me of a discussion we had at work a few weeks ago.

Out of us married bods, how many of you had sex on your wedding night?

We did. And rather topically, she was really quite drunk (er, not that she needed to be, mind). I purposefully avoided drinking too much - in fact I had been prewarned not to get so drunk that I would be useless that night. But more than that, i wouldn't have anyway because I wanted to be able to enjoy the whole of our day and remember everything - and not feel ill afterwards.

My wife is naturally a bit of a flirt, I don't really mind too much as long as she stops if I say it's bothering me (which is rarely). I don't flirt with strangers all that often, in fact I don't really go up and speak to people i don't know often - it's just not really my style.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 14:05 
INFINITE POWAH

Mimi wrote:
Sorry, Mr Chris, but I disagree entirely with you on this. I am sorry that I disagree with something that someone you know from elsewhere has said, but that's just the way I feel.

Fair enough. I respectfully disagree with your disagreement, but let's leave it at a polite and friendly agreement to disagree. I hope we can agree on that?

:hat:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 14:40 
making out to faces of death

Pfft. Bisexuality is passé. All the cool kids on the internet are pansexual. :hat:

Mimi, next time you want to make a forum account to obscure your gender, try picking something like "FootyJeff". You'll be amazed how much people will cling to a username when assuming things about you. :munkeh:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 14:42 
Chinny chin chin

AceAceBaby wrote:
Pfft. Bisexuality is passé. All the cool kids on the internet are pansexual. :hat:

[mind boggles]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 14:42 
Skillmeister

I'm bi-annual.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 14:48 
INFINITE POWAH

As Michael Stipe said, "I'm just sexual".

I hope he said it in a Barry White voice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 14:51 
Skillmeister

ahem

"The heat from the fire, has made her legs go red! I'm going to have to rub Savlon on them, before we go to bed!"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 14:56 

AceAceBaby wrote:
Mimi, next time you want to make a forum account to obscure your gender, try picking something like "FootyJeff". You'll be amazed how much people will cling to a username when assuming things about you. :munkeh:

I thought an animal would pretty neutral, 'bouncing'? I dunno :) I wasn't tying to obscure it as much as just not make it obvious, or an issue. maybe I should have gone for something less cutesy. The_Angry_Bee, or something.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 14:57 

The pissed off Polar bear

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 14:57 
baron of techno

The Bi-polar Bear?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 14:58 
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

When I first went to get myself a Hotmail address, all possible combinations of my name were taken. I ended up with "furious_chimp" as an email address.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 15:00 

kalmar wrote:
The Bi-polar Bear?

SOLD!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 15:31 
making out to faces of death

Mimi wrote:
I thought an animal would pretty neutral, 'bouncing'? I dunno :) I wasn't tying to obscure it as much as just not make it obvious, or an issue. maybe I should have gone for something less cutesy. The_Angry_Bee, or something.

Nonono. You have to go more extreme.

BeerNDarts for example.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 17:14 
Best
Board Mother

Dudley wrote:
That last bit is the kind of post I don't like, why is that acceptable when you'd never let a bloke get away with "I'd cut a tit off"?

That's exactly the point that Mimi and I are agreeing with Dudley, it's not acceptable to treat genders differently. Sorry if I didn't get that across properly, it's what I was trying to show.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 17:23 

Oh Ok :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 17:24 
lazy eye patch

Stop acting like a bunch of women.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 17:24 
Best
Board Mother

You're just jealous. :P

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 17:29 
Isn't that lovely?

Theo?

Malc

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:33 
Peculiar, yet lovely

I would never have said "I'd cut a tit off", but only because I'd never thought of it.

I will endeavour to use it from now on, because it sounds excellent. Although I may say "rip" instead.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:32 

Excellent. I think.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:41 
That Rev Chap

Grim... wrote:
Plissken getting married has reminded me of a discussion we had at work a few weeks ago.

Out of us married bods, how many of you had sex on your wedding night?

I did.

In a medieval-themed suite in a hotel in Idaho. (Loosely, medieval. Otherwise we'd have had shit-covered floors and no glass in the windows, rather than a jacuzzi and air conditioning.)

Luckily, the big suit of armor was facing the other way, otherwise it might have been slightly off-putting.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:42 
Gogmagog

"YOU KILLED TED YOU MEDIEVAL DICKWAD!" or something

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:49 
Legendary Boogeyman

Dickweed, dude, dickweed.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:50 
Gogmagog

Yeah, I thought that as well, but one never can tell these days, can one, probably due to things like teh speed of light which seems to be the most important thing in the world ever and I went to a wedding on saturday which was all jolly nice and good.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 14:00 
That Rev Chap

MaliA wrote:
Yeah, I thought that as well, but one never can tell these days, can one, probably due to things like teh speed of light which seems to be the most important thing in the world ever and I went to a wedding on saturday which was all jolly nice and good.

I also went to a wedding on Saturday...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 14:56 
Gogmagog

Oh, where?

Reply to topic  [ 215 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next