Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 60  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bits & Bobs 5
PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 19:25 
Honey Boo Boo

Remember my horrible experience with O2 and Carphone Warehouse? Well, after a colleague mentioned today how he is the victim of credit card fraud, I decided I'd check my statements for anything spurious.

And sure enough, a direct debit for just over £26 to Carphone Warehouse, being paid quarterly. HSBC duly cancelled this for me when I said I didn't know what it was, and advised me to contact Carphone directly.

It was the fucking insurance policy for my old O2 phone. Despite the fact I severed all ties with them in July, they forgot/figured I'd still want the insurance policy.

The nice chap on the other end of the phone said this should have been mentioned at the time, and said that things were made tricky by the fact I'd transferred my number. Luckily, though, there was a record of my leaving in July, and he was able to authorize a refund of the unused cover (£53 altogether)

Which is nice.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 20:11 
Time Out for Fun

seems to be a couple of broken threads, 8 bit game compo and fallout 3 one.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 20:13 
baron of techno

Runcle Scrooge wrote:
seems to be a couple of broken threads, 8 bit game compo and fallout 3 one.

And the stupid meme is stupid, page 1. That had a kitty macro I wanted on it..

Is it the spoiler tags that breaks it?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 20:34 

kalmarzipan wrote:
IUs it the spoiler tags that breaks it?
It seems to be, although that defies all reason.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 22:39 
Excellent Member

Gary Barlow has a crazy eye.

That is all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 23:45 
Skillmeister

Deidre Barlow has crazy four eyes. Ole Crazy Four Eyes Deidre Barlow, best damn poker player this side of the pennines.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 23:47 
Not to be confused with elbow

I love it when Harry Hill catches her doing something funny and puts it on burps :DD

My chest is getting much worse-I am very worried :s

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 23:48 
Legendary Boogeyman

Shinta Claus wrote:
My chest is getting much worse-I am very worried :s

It only gets worse with age. Fnarr.

Or, erm, go to the docs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 23:49 
Part physicist, part WARLORD

Shinta Claus wrote:
I have just been informed that last day at work is Friday-then shes closing for Christmas-she told me this, then left.

This means I have *1* day this week and *1* days pay

This also means I have NO money over Christmas, NO money with which to give to Gaz after all hes been doing for me, NO money to do fuck all.

Ugh. If it's any consolation, though, I'm still off work, so I'm absolutely skint as well. I've been on statutory sick pay for just shy of 4 months now.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 23:49 

....two fnars from you tonight....you putting the moves on the Mrs later aint'cha ;) doirty!

I am tomorrow, plus my bust ribs are acting up ue to coughing and it's bloody owchie!

Nyn: SSP pays fuck all don't it? I remember I was off just a bit with the ribs and it was dire 0_0;
I'll buy you a J20 in Mancs if I come.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 23:51 
Kindly deeds done for free

Dimrill wrote:
Deidre Barlow has crazy four eyes. Ole Crazy Four Eyes Deidre Barlow, best damn poker player this side of the pennines.

Why thank you!
\

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 23:52 

Oh balls! I meant Blanche actually in my earlier comment. Also Deidre has a pilon/pylon(?) neck :S

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:12 
That Rev Chap

NHS Direct is an excellent service.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:13 
Gogmagog

The Rev Snowen wrote:
NHS Direct is an excellent service.

Oh, totally agree.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:31 
That Rev Chap

I came into the office today, and had to unlock the place which isn't that unusual. But it's now half nine and nobody else has turned up. I know one chap's got the morning off, but that still leaves two people who should be here who aren't. I'm slightly weirded out right now.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:34 
Gogmagog

The Rev Snowen wrote:
I came into the office today, and had to unlock the place which isn't that unusual. But it's now half nine and nobody else has turned up. I know one chap's got the morning off, but that still leaves two people who should be here who aren't. I'm slightly weirded out right now.

Haven't you ehard the news?

Shit, man, a virus got out of an animal lab, causing people to attack each other. The news says, "Don't leave the house, bar the doors and windows and wait for assisstance". Man, be careful.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:36 
That Rev Chap

MaliA wrote:
The Rev Snowen wrote:

Shit, man, a virus got out of an animal lab, causing people to attack each other. The news says, "Don't leave the house, bar the doors and windows and wait for assisstance". Man, be careful.

I did dream last night that terrorists announced that their next bombing target would be my village in Kent, so I did wonder. (Then it turned out the terrorist was trying to sell his bomb to Samuel L. Jackson, who was his real dad, or something. I forget.)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:38 
That Rev Chap

Hooray somebody's here!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:42 
Gogmagog

The Rev Snowen wrote:
MaliA wrote:
The Rev Snowen wrote:

I did dream last night that terrorists announced that their next bombing target would be my village in Kent, so I did wonder. (Then it turned out the terrorist was trying to sell his bomb to Samuel L. Jackson, who was his real dad, or something. I forget.)

I dreamt the other night that Mimi was the leader of some secret organisation that I was an agent for, and she phoned me up and told me to take MrsA out to dinner at an address and it was important. So I went there and it was an Ex girlfriend's (The divorced one) parent's house (where I spent a christmas a couple of years ago), and she was there in her dressing gown with her older sister and it was all uncomfortable, and then my cellphone rang and it was Mimi laughing at me and as i looked down the trapdoor beneath me opened and the next thing I was on my bedroom floor with the alarm clock buzzing.

it wasn't a great dream, and now i'm scared of Mimi. And the phone.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:44 

MaliA wrote:

I dreamt the other night that Mimi was the leader of some secret organisation that I was an agent for, and she phoned me up and told me to take MrsA out to dinner at an address and it was important. So I went there and it was an Ex girlfriend's (The divorced one) parent's house (where I spent a christmas a couple of years ago), and she was there in her dressing gown with her older sister and it was all uncomfortable, and then my cellphone rang and it was Mimi laughing at me and as i looked down the trapdoor beneath me opened and the next thing I was on my bedroom floor with the alarm clock buzzing.

it wasn't a great dream, and now i'm scared of Mimi. And the phone.[/quote]

Wha ha ha ha ha... :D

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:46 
Gogmagog

Mimistletoe wrote:
MaliA wrote:

it wasn't a great dream, and now i'm scared of Mimi. And the phone.

Wha ha ha ha ha... :D[/quote]

No, really. it was, frankly insane.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:58 

I had a dream that I was in Fallout 3. I was in a group of 6 people (a few of them I knew) and we had to go to this place where there was lots of snow (not Santa land) because Super Mutants hate the snow and we'd be safe. Along the way I found my sister and Gayney and they tagged along aswell-one of our team died from starvation and too many injuries so we buried them in an old shed thing so creatures wouldn't get at them and eat the body. I promised we'd come back and have a proper burial for them when we could.

We moved on and it started getting really cold, we looked for shelter and came across this weird sight. We found a few 'survivors' huddled under this corrugated (?) tin shed-roof and on closer inspection they were all half-decomposing kids (14 years old the oldest looked), there was a fire that had long since gone out and opened tins of food with maggots in and really dirty plates, a 'last supper' kind of thing because a guy in the group was a medic and said it seemed they had all taken some sort of suicide pill because of the way their mouths were tainted with a bluish colour (coulda been smarties!). We searched them to see if there was anything we could take-found some ammo for our guns, 2 medipack things (resi evil crossover!) and made bandages and slings for the wounded from the clothes of the kids. We said a prayer before we left, we didn't bury them as it was getting dark and we still had a long way to go.

One of the guys at the front started cursing because he was sure we were lost, but there was this other guy with red hair that said he knew where the snow was as he could smell it-we all thougt he was nucking futs but we followed him anyway-moving was better than waiting to die like the kids had done.

Another member of the team died, this time it was a woman and we stopped to bury her as her son was with us and we couldn't leave her out in the open. Her son was about 21 so wasn't a 'little' kid and he didn't cry much, he said his dad had died recently aswell due to gangrene so he just didn't 'feel' anymore. We came across a small village where we buried his mother (think her name was Susan) in a white tent-I think it must have been an army medical one because we found a computer, medical supplies, dirty water and a few other things. The 21 year old turned out to be a computer whiz so hacked the pc. He read out all the things to us on the screen, it basically was a diary of one of the nurses there (like Germantown in Fallout almost) and she was describing what was going on-Super Mutants had attacked a few times in the night and had made off with a load of people from the village. She was part of a team of people that were trying to go around helping small villages and towns get back on their feet and give them any aid they could. They stayed a couple of weeks in each place and trained people to be doctors and weapons experts so that every town could look after itself. Sadly, it seemed the Super Mutants and something else she called the, 'Dark Threat' had cut into the training time and had slaughtered a lot of the army men and women for getting in the way of their raid on the village.

We were going to look into the village to see if there were any survivors, but we heard shouting and a familiar gruff voice saying 'I know your here!' the Super Mutants were back! I was rushing to get everyone equipped with ammo, supplies and extra bandages in case we got separated and the tents canvass door opened and a minigun barrel was forced inside at us-

And then I woke up.

I remember all of my dream vividly, it was really really horrible and I was fighting to wake up. I can honestly say it was one of the most horrible dreams I have ever had :'(

Sorry about that! Bit of an essay -_-;

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:40 
Unpossible!

since i've been on antibiotics, my dreams have all been horribly frantic and energised. but i can never remember them anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 13:11 

I have to go see the doctor today about the tablets I'm on. Today seems like a good day to do it too, since I am just beyond drowsy today, I keep nodding off at my desk. Somehow I've got to drive the 30 miles home in a few hours without killing anyone (or myself) - I'd keep off the M40 Southbound and M25 clockwise this afternoon from around 4pm - 4:30pm this afternoon if I were you, excellent chums!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 14:37 
Sleepyhead

THE WEBSITE JUST STARTED TALKING TO ME!!!

*flees*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 14:39 

Oh bollocks! That reminds me, I have to do Katnav for Gaz at some stage :s

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 14:44 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Clausiosity wrote:

*flees*

You didn't talk back, you bugger :(

Also: Er, hi everyone! Have a good Christmas, and everything.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 14:45 
baron of techno

Yaaaay it's Grim...!

Happy chrimble matey.

UltraMod

You too, mate.

You too Grim... hope you are well and all that. You've been missed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 14:47 
Sleepyhead

Grimch... wrote:
Clausiosity wrote:

*flees*

You didn't talk back, you bugger :(

Also: Er, hi everyone! Have a good Christmas, and everything.

I couldn't work out how to do it.

:(

I browse this site in a small window in the corner of my screen (I don't know who I think I'm fooling by doing this, as people still notice it and tell me off), and the message filled the screen. I couldn't see where to type back. Ho hum. Apologies.

Also, hope you are well.

:)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 14:50 
baron of techno

Is there a live "sysop chat" function or something? Kewl

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 14:54 

Merry Christmas Grim...hope all is well with you :)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 14:57 

* Tips cap *

Well, more accurately, digs for cap, puts on cap, tips caps, puts cap back on, takes cap off, puts cap back in draw.

But hey.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 14:57 

Message?! *is confused*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 14:58 

Shinta Claus wrote:
Message?! *is confused*

Directed at Grimothy as a man of high breeding.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 14:59 

I was on about Curiosity acshully-god sake, not everything revolves around you, poppet muncher :p

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 15:07 
Sleepyhead

Shinta Claus wrote:
I was on about Curiosity acshully-god sake, not everything revolves around you, poppet muncher :p

I was browsing the forums, when the regular forum was replaced by a message saying, "Hello, Curio" from the webmaster. At first I thought that either work IT or Jacqui Smith were on to me, and navigated away from the page sharpish. I then realised that it was probably Craster or someone similar.

Now, I regret not responding.

*weeps*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 15:07 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

marktheheraldangels wrote:
You too Grim... hope you are well and all that. You've been missed.

What he said. Good to see you old man. Good to see the beard back, too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 15:09 

Curio- Ahhh, I was frantically looking around the forum then for a chat thing-thank gods we don't have one eh? *sniffs*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 15:10 
Best
Board Mother

Yay! Grim...! Good to see you about. :) Merry Christmas to you and yours!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 15:10 

Merry Christmas Mr Grim..., sir.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 15:15 

Shinta Claus wrote:

:hat:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 15:17 
That Rev Chap

I would also like to send best wishes to Grim...

He is missed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 15:17 
Excellent Member

Grim... Christmas!

Book me in the Face | Tweet me. Tweet me like a British nanny.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 15:20 
Unpossible!

Shinta Claus wrote:
I was on about Curiosity acshully-god sake, not everything revolves around you, moppet puncher :p

Maddie FeeX

*cough, splurt, dribble, cough etc... *

ps... Merry Chrimbob Grim.... oh, he's gone.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 18:34 
Hibernating Druid

Merry Christmas Grim...!

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 19:09 

I GO TMY SECRET SANTA PRESENT! OHMYGOD IT'S A PIERS ANTHONY BOOK!

*Hyperventilates*

OHMYGOD!! I AM SO HAPPY I COULD POOP!

FANKS WHOEVER YOU ARE

Shin is now at your disposal for evur!
:kiss: :luv: :luv: :kiss:
XXXXXXXXX

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 19:20 
Unpossible!

*mop on standby*

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 22:00 
Awesome
Yes

Hello Grim...

Nice to see you around, even if it's only popping your head round the door.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2974 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 60  Next