Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Jonathan Ross, Russle Brand, Andrew Sachs
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:15 

I'm currently hoping someone graffiti "Property of the Daily Mail" on the side of TV Centre tonight.

If there is one thing I hate, it's people getting offended, not because they're offended but because someone else is or might be.

This show had TWO legit complaints. TWO. And that's enought to effectively get one guy sacked and another suspended for 3 months because some rag wanted a front page story and some slapper wanted a career is getting her tits out.

I have no love for Ross and Brand and certainly not the content concerned but the fucking spineless reaction of the BBC and the extent the Daily Mail has been allowed to bully them and all but bury a hell of a lot of facts has made me really annoyed and could easily affect future output.

God, imagine what the BBC would have done over the Brasseye Paedogeddon. And that, while no less offensive than this, is one of the stand out pieces of excellent TV in my lifetime.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:19 

Dudley wrote:
As Mitch Benn said on BBC Breakfast. "Super, now the tabloids know they just have to print a couple of stories and the BBC will be forced to do whatever they want regardless of what actually happened."

Though that's obviously being a bit silly and isn't likely to happen at all, once this has all died down.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:19 

Except it DID happen.

It's not that anything's changed, except now they know it works.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:24 

Dudley wrote:
Except it DID happen.

But we come back to - if Brand & Ross hadn't done this idiotic act, we wouldn't be where we are. They are to blame (and the producer or whatever who let this air in the first place).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:31 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

No, bollocks. They didn't do anything more wrong than plenty of other radio people have done.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:33 
Isn't that lovely?

Perhaps there is a way to get 30,000 people to complain at how the thing has been handled?

Malc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:34 
UltraMod

Agreed. Starling, your unashamed gloating makes you as bad as the frothing MoS lot, in my opinion.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:36 
Time Out for Fun

myoptika wrote:
Agreed. Starling, your unashamed gloating makes you as bad as the frothing MoS lot, in my opinion.

whats ministry of sound done?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:38 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

That's what I thought.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:40 

myoptika wrote:

I don't reckon I'll be able to sleep tonight, for worrying.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:43 
Legendary Boogeyman

I find Starling a bit confusing, I vaguely recall (her?) as an occasional poster on WoS who migrated here and posted a tiny bit, but now she's back and hammering this one particular subject. No offense Starling, but I don't know what to make of you, as I know nothing about you. Help me out? :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:44 
Worst

DBSnappa wrote:
Great isn't it. 30000 people moan to the beeb at the Daily Mail's behest and stuff happens. 1m voters descend on London opposing the Iraq invasion and not only does it go ahead but the ex-cunt in charge has earned >£12m since leaving office.

Don't worry. Even with the 12 weeks off, Ross will still earn >£12m in one year.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:45 
Skillmeister

You like dogs, don't yer? Well Russell Brand likes to fuck dogs in the ass, then rip out their spines and use them for toothpicks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:49 
UltraMod

Grim... wrote:
That's what I thought.

Mail on Sunday.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:53 
Time Out for Fun

myoptika wrote:
Grim... wrote:
That's what I thought.

Mail on Sunday.

same thing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:54 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
No offense Starling, but I don't know what to make of you, as I know nothing about you. Help me out? :)

Nowt to tell really. Some things just make me super-angry, and this is one of them.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:54 

throughsilver wrote:
DBSnappa wrote:
Great isn't it. 30000 people moan to the beeb at the Daily Mail's behest and stuff happens. 1m voters descend on London opposing the Iraq invasion and not only does it go ahead but the ex-cunt in charge has earned >£12m since leaving office.

Don't worry. Even with the 12 weeks off, Ross will still earn >£12m in one year.

No he won't, that's yet another Daily Mail lie. He's on £18 OVER THREE YEARS. not per year.

Excessive of course but that's not the point.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:55 
UltraMod

£6 a year? How does he afford those suits?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:55 

Did you really think those cost more then 50p?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 20:58 
Legendary Boogeyman

Agent Starling wrote:
Nowt to tell really. Some things just make me super-angry, and this is one of them.

Wow, I can't imagine what that's like :S

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 21:01 
making out to faces of death

Polly in the Mirror made a lot of good points. The summary being that there are more important things, that the granddaughter has jumped at the chance of tabloid fame, that Sachs was happy to insult Spaniards. More or less anyway.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 21:01 

ComicalGnomes wrote:
Wow, I can't imagine what that's like :S

I've read your blog. :hug:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 21:03 
Legendary Boogeyman

:DD

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 21:39 
Worst

Simon Reynolds with the best analysis, even if it's apparently just him apologising for not posting.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 21:56 
Excellent Excellente

I'm sure it's not a coincidence that the Satanic Sluts are conveniently appearing on tomorrow's Gordon Ramsey Cookalong Live programme.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 22:00 
Worst

And Gordon was on Ross's show the other week...

The fix is in!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 22:41 
Chinny chin chin

AceAceBaby wrote:
Polly in the Mirror made a lot of good points. The summary being that there are more important things, that the granddaughter has jumped at the chance of tabloid fame, that Sachs was happy to insult Spaniards. More or less anyway.

And not forgetting The Sun got the exclusive interview so The Mirror will automatically rail against Sachs's granddaughter.

Mind you anyone who hires Max Clifford automatically loses. Although he was less idiotic than normal on Radio 5 yesterday. Although had to love the middle aged Scottish housewife who laid into him and Sach's granddaughter.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 22:53 
Chinny chin chin

Dudley wrote:
I have no love for Ross and Brand and certainly not the content concerned but the fucking spineless reaction of the BBC and the extent the Daily Mail has been allowed to bully them and all but bury a hell of a lot of facts has made me really annoyed and could easily affect future output.

The controller of radio 2 has resigned as well. She ran into me once tits first and apologised. Might have been quite exciting if I was into larger middle aged ladies.

I'm not sure if she should take the rap. The producer needs to be hung out to dry providing they were not pressurised into doing anything by the "talent". But the controller of Radio 2 is quite far removed from the show although why she didn't ensure there were tight checks on the show I don't know. If it turns out the producer was some 20 somthing oik with a Media Studies HND then of course her head should roll. But I'm hoping they were not!

Is it only 20 years ago that Victor Lewis Smith, while working on Radio 4's "Midweek", hired Arthurd Mullard as holiday cover for the usual presenter with hillarious consiquences.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 22:57 
making out to faces of death

chinnyhill10 wrote:
AceAceBaby wrote:

And not forgetting The Sun got the exclusive interview so The Mirror will automatically rail against Sachs's granddaughter.

Mind you anyone who hires Max Clifford automatically loses. Although he was less idiotic than normal on Radio 5 yesterday. Although had to love the middle aged Scottish housewife who laid into him and Sach's granddaughter.

Polly is a dizty girl with an opinion piece buried in the middle back of the paper. The actual news articles in the paper about it all didn't make any similar remarks.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 22:57 

She's resigned in protest over her staff being scapegoated, which is understandable, if she doesn't have control as a controller, what's the point?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 23:09 
Chinny chin chin

Dudley wrote:
She's resigned in protest over her staff being scapegoated, which is understandable, if she doesn't have control as a controller, what's the point?

That's not what her resignation letter says:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7700828.stm

Where's she said she is resigning in protest?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 23:20 
Chinny chin chin

FINALLY! Holy Moly tells us what really happened:

"Russell Brand has resigned and Jonathan Ross has been suspended. Whipped up by the Daily Mail, the public is calling for their scalps. But the BBC has been trying to pin the blame on a junior member of staff, Nic Philps, in order to protect the massive egos of its presenters. But BBC staff are fighting back.

A bit of background is needed here. Russell Brand's radio show is produced independently by John Noel Management, through Brand's own production company, and the hairy-faced faux-Victorian is a regular tantrum thrower. He recently sacked a number of people on his show on a whim and so Nic (who is only 25 and has been in the job for a year) had to step in from his usual gig at Sean Keaveney's 6Music show to fix things as best he could. So far, so monstrous-ego-placating.

Nic had to try to mop up a Niagara of piss at the last minute and cobble together the show on a spare afternoon around his full-time job at the BBC. Given that having to handle the BBC's top talent should not have been left to someone so junior and inexperienced (and with the clock ticking and no one to supervise him), it was sadly inevitable that a howling shambles would be the end result.

In classic guilt-shifting, the BBC has been trying to pile all the blame on Nic. But, after Gideon Coe's producer being crucified unfairly last year, the production teams at the BBC are threatening to walk if Nic gets both barrels at the expense of upper management who left him out on a limb.

So now you know.

Let's hope that the BBC's director general, Mark Thompson, can sort it all out without resorting to biting everyone."

So that kind of ties in with what I'd already been told about the show getting through production staff like Harold Shipman got through old people.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 23:33 
Excellent Excellente

It seems us "sensitive" public aren't allowed to catch Ross's and Brand's recent work on iPlayer either. No FNWJR available, nor any listings of any sort for The Russell Brand Show.

So let me get this straight - if a radio show ends, the BBC suddenly pretend it never even existed? Like how the official page for Brand's R2 show had been stripped bare mere minutes after the announcement of his resignation.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 23:38 
Bad Girl

Same with itunes. This is fucking ridiculous.

I hope this is the catalysis that shoots Brand into superstardom. Y'know, just for kicks and giggles.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 23:41 
Eggcellent Member

Channel 4 are currently showing one of his stand up shows. Wonder if that was planned or a last minute schedule change?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 23:42 

chinnyhill10 wrote:
Dudley wrote:

That's not what her resignation letter says:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7700828.stm

Where's she said she is resigning in protest?

She's not going to put it in the letter is she?

Irritatingly her original position appears to have been replaced by the BBC's absurd habit of replacing old stories with new ones.
If I can find it, I'll repost it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 23:51 
MR EXCELLENT FACE

Chinny: What happened to my holy moly mail out?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 23:53 
INFINITE POWAH

I love Shaun Keaveney.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 23:59 
Isn't that lovely?

Some thoughts I had about this.

1) Much worse has been broadcast in the past on TV and Radio in the past, and if these 2 had just been talking about this on air, I don't think there would have been a problem with it.

2) If I decide to phone up some random 78 year old and left those messages on them, "I fucked your grand daughter" "Why are you not there, have you committed suicide 'cos I fucked your grand daughter?" etc what would happen to me? Would it be covered by the legislation that covers dirty phone calls?

3) If I worked for a company, and phoned one of the company's clients (who wasn't there), and I had happened to have had sex with the grand daughter of that client, and the person next to me shouted that fact down the phone and so on, what would the company do to me when the client complained to them? I would expect to get fired for gross misconduct, or at the very least a final written warning.

4) So in conclusion then, the problem is with the phone call, the punishment that Ross got seems fair in that context, the fact that it aired is not a problem for me, I can see how it makes things worse, but I still don't have a problem with it being aired, just that it shouldn't have been done in the first place.

Malc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 0:04 
Sleepyhead

Would a mod at least fix the damn title...

*weeps*

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 0:05 
INFINITE POWAH

It's just *pronounced* Woss, Curio.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 0:09 
Master of dodgy spelling....

MarzSyndrome wrote:
It seems us "sensitive" public aren't allowed to catch Ross's and Brand's recent work on iPlayer either. No FNWJR available, nor any listings of any sort for The Russell Brand Show.

So let me get this straight - if a radio show ends, the BBC suddenly pretend it never even existed? Like how the official page for Brand's R2 show had been stripped bare mere minutes after the announcement of his resignation.

Which is whatshould happen. If you get 30,000 complaits (yes a lot of band wagon jumpers) the beeb are hardly likly to to allow access to it.. Plus it has been on every news show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 0:09 
Master of dodgy spelling....

chinnyhill10 wrote:
FINALLY! Holy Moly tells us what really happened:

"Russell Brand has resigned and Jonathan Ross has been suspended. Whipped up by the Daily Mail, the public is calling for their scalps. But the BBC has been trying to pin the blame on a junior member of staff, Nic Philps, in order to protect the massive egos of its presenters. But BBC staff are fighting back.

A bit of background is needed here. Russell Brand's radio show is produced independently by John Noel Management, through Brand's own production company, and the hairy-faced faux-Victorian is a regular tantrum thrower. He recently sacked a number of people on his show on a whim and so Nic (who is only 25 and has been in the job for a year) had to step in from his usual gig at Sean Keaveney's 6Music show to fix things as best he could. So far, so monstrous-ego-placating.

Nic had to try to mop up a Niagara of piss at the last minute and cobble together the show on a spare afternoon around his full-time job at the BBC. Given that having to handle the BBC's top talent should not have been left to someone so junior and inexperienced (and with the clock ticking and no one to supervise him), it was sadly inevitable that a howling shambles would be the end result.

In classic guilt-shifting, the BBC has been trying to pile all the blame on Nic. But, after Gideon Coe's producer being crucified unfairly last year, the production teams at the BBC are threatening to walk if Nic gets both barrels at the expense of upper management who left him out on a limb.

So now you know.

Let's hope that the BBC's director general, Mark Thompson, can sort it all out without resorting to biting everyone."

So that kind of ties in with what I'd already been told about the show getting through production staff like Harold Shipman got through old people.

That makes snese

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 0:15 
Excellent Excellente

The Egg wrote:
Channel 4 are currently showing one of his stand up shows. Wonder if that was planned or a last minute schedule change?

Ponderland? I think C4 had always intended to screen it tonight, regardless of what OMGZ excrement the BBC has to deal with.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 0:17 
Chinny chin chin

Pod wrote:
Chinny: What happened to my holy moly mail out?

Presumably on a break while they revamp the site. More to the point, why have I yet again not got the Popbitch mailout. Apparently Sachs's grandaughter is even less of an angel of virtue than we thought.

[spreads legs, whips out camcorder]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 0:27 

I presume you mean this? (NSFW)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 0:31 
Chinny chin chin

Joans wrote:
I presume you mean this? (NSFW)

Crivens. Yes!

Indeed, that's not safe for work unless you work in a dungeon run by, say, satanic sluts.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 0:35 
Excellent Excellente

Thanks for the link, haven't been subscribed to Popbitch for epic time.

In other news, I've just noticed two things on the Satanic Sluts' MySpace tonight.

1) It appears they've changed their minds about the Ramsey appearance, and will instead perform with supposedly-popular-with-the-teenies ghoulish rocker Wednesday 13 at his Astoria gig tomorrow evening.

2) Miss Baillie - the girl in the middle of it all - has just posted a message in a new blog entry...

Quote:
A message from Georgina

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to let you all know that I really appreciate everyone's support and take the ciritcisms of the others. This whole situation has gotten reallllly out of hand and now I am paying the price. I never wanted to ruin anyone's life. I got swept up in a big cloud media attention and for that I am an idiot.

As for all of the stories that come out about me over the next days/weeks, if you don't like me, ENJOY! If you do though, please remember that everyone has a past and when I was having confusing difficult times I did some stupid things that I now regret and this should not be made public, just like what happened between Mr Brand and I. THE THINGS THAT HAPPENED IN MY PAST ARE SEPARATE TO MY FAMILY.

I felt like I needed to talk to a paper because when I got back from Vienna my pictures (taken from this very myspace account) were all over every paper and I was being urged by people to talk.

I am going to disappear now from the whole story and go back to doing what I love the most which is performing with my troupe and the occasional bit of acting!

Please respect my family's privacy and leave my grandad alone now.

Much love and respect

Georgie

xxx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 0:38 
MR EXCELLENT FACE

She's an illiterate mong! Burn her!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 0:43 
Chinny chin chin

MarzSyndrome wrote:

Much love and respect

Georgie

xxx

Of course, being a lovely person you gave the ton of cash The Sun gave you and Max to charity, right?

Oh no, what's that, you pocketed it?

Still she was young and confused when she did the porn. That's OK then. I was young and confused when I purchased a CD32. The shame!

Reply to topic  [ 472 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next