Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 8112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 20:55 
Bad Girl

Episode 8 of Invasion is, predictably, a steaming pile of shit. The people who wrote the dialogue have never spoken with other people. The themes are hilariously stated out loud just to clobber their amazingly clever ideas they wrote on the back of a fag packet.

American soldier “Why are you, an Afghan in Afghanistan, so calm about this alien invasion.”
Afghan “All we’ve know are invasions. You are an invader.”
American solider “hold me, brother.”

And the children? Oh god the children. There’s one in almost every scene and they’re universally terrible. One has epilepsy but it’ll turn out that his disability is an ability when he can hear the aliens. Oh that’s never been done before. Especially not in the fucking terrible The Predator film.

God I hate this so much. Roll on next Friday.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 21:36 
Soopah red DS

I'm up to episode 5 and sort of enjoying the suspense and creeping sense of doom. It's saved a bit by the Japanese bits - they may or may not be terrible actors, but I can't tell, and the dialogue is fine when I read it. And the US soldier has stopped shooting everything, for now.

But man, that group of kids. Awful. Sometimes they forget not to be precocious middle class RADA kids and I dislike them a little more. Though it's mostly the script, written by someone who ought to meet a kid some time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2021 22:34 
Bad Girl

JBR wrote:
t's saved a bit by the Japanese bits - they may or may not be terrible actors, but I can't tell, and the dialogue is fine when I read it.

That is exactly what I thought earlier, it’s just a shame that’s also the least interesting story bit.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2021 13:37 

Watched this last night on Apple TV:

https://variety.com/2021/tv/news/twas-t ... 235118725/

Amazing scenes.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 22:32 
Isn't that lovely?

Anyone else watching Hawkeye on Disney+?

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Anyone notice the "voice" of the unseen Uncle in episode 3?

I'm pretty sure it was Vincent D'Onofrio's Wilson Fisk from the Netflix MCU shows

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2021 23:57 
Unpossible!

Hawkeye episode 3 was delightful. The panning tracking shot was sublime!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 14:13 
Fitness Nut...

Wasn't it lovely.

They have a great chemistry.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 18:30 
Bad Girl

Episode 9 of Invasion is just fucking dreadful. Again. For a world apparently in the middle of a massive alien invasion that’s taken out most of London there’s a lot of sitting around having a fucking chin-wag like nothing fucking much is happening. I don’t give two shits about these characters; I don’t care for the actors, who aren’t doing a good job; I don’t care what is happening and the only reason I’m watching it is so I can moan about how shit it is.

The lad on the MRI scan didn’t even have his head stabilised on the machine. Then his head was wobbling around like no one’s business which would have fucked the results. Who puts someone in an MRI scan with a tiny tiny pillow? And the army truck taken out by shooting a tyre? Fuck off. A fucking tyre. No, that’s not how that works. It wouldn’t flip a truck on its side. And who gives a shit about that Asian bloke? The biggest scumbag gets a PG rated death off screen. Yawn.

Mind you, you get a good look at the aliens finally. And they are…unimpressive.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2021 21:38 
Soopah red DS

Satsuma wrote:
Episode 9 of Invasion is just fucking dreadful. Again. For a world apparently in the middle of a massive alien invasion that’s taken out most of London there’s a lot of sitting around having a fucking chin-wag like nothing fucking much is happening. I don’t give two shits about these characters; I don’t care for the actors, who aren’t doing a good job; I don’t care what is happening and the only reason I’m watching it is so I can moan about how shit it is.

The lad on the MRI scan didn’t even have his head stabilised on the machine. Then his head was wobbling around like no one’s business which would have fucked the results. Who puts someone in an MRI scan with a tiny tiny pillow? And the army truck taken out by shooting a tyre? Fuck off. A fucking tyre. No, that’s not how that works. It wouldn’t flip a truck on its side. And who gives a shit about that Asian bloke? The biggest scumbag gets a PG rated death off screen. Yawn.

Mind you, you get a good look at the aliens finally. And they are…unimpressive.

I sort of didn't mind it, though good grief, the whining kids in the woods. Yes, it's all very serious. Get on with it.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I think I was just glad that it was coming to some kind of end. Though the means of it was pretty crap, though I suppose it was always going to be - fingers crossed it is an end, rather than a precursor to more. I would have liked to see your reaction when the aliens just fell over.

It feels like they've got very excited about telling 'the human side', decided they'd really focus on that as if it were something new, missing the fact that that is how pretty much every war story is told.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2021 23:35 
Fitness Nut...

Finally caught up with ‘The Boys’. I have a man crush on Karl Urban. As the man said. ‘Don’t be a C**t’

Yes I watched it in the uk. :)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 0:23 

KovacsC wrote:
Finally caught up with ‘The Boys’. I have a man crush on Karl Urban. As the man said. ‘Don’t be a C**t’

I found The Boys one of the most uncomfortable and difficult things to watch. Russell really enjoyed it, but I found it quite upsetting/triggering.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:46 
Fitness Nut...

Mimi wrote:
KovacsC wrote:

I found The Boys one of the most uncomfortable and difficult things to watch. Russell really enjoyed it, but I found it quite upsetting/triggering.

I can see that. Some of the subjects covered were not nice.

Reply to topic  [ 8112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 159, 160, 161, 162, 163