Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 7726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 14:16 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3304
Satsuma wrote:
Mr Robot: Done.

That was some pretty high concept TV right there. The type of stuff that you don’t see much of any more. A single story told from beginning to end. Thoroughly enjoyable throughout, great cinematography, an amazing ensemble of talented actors and not a single twatty lightsaber on display to get people spaffing their britches.

Game of Thrones ending is looking really fucking dumb right now after the care and attention that clearly went into this labour of love.


Mr Roboto is finito.

I'm still processing it. Suffice to say, I didn't see the ending coming.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Though arguably I should have considered the idea that Series Star Elliott (SSE) would be an artificial personality, just like Mr Robot.

And it all makes perfect sense, until I actually start thinking about it. Then I lose the thread. Like, who is the viewer i.e. us? Are we the creation of SSE? And to what end?

And if Real Elliot doesn't look like SSE (the drivers' licence snafu in the finale) then what does Real Elliot look like? Does another character in the series look like the real Elliott? Is it Tyler Wellick?

What the fuck is Tyler Wellick looking at in the suitcase part way through S4?


Staggering that a series could bring you all the way to the end of 4 seasons and still have you guessing as you head into the finale.

Also, I really enjoyed the soundtrack in series 4. Generally excellent throughout the four series, but the choices seemed to step up a gear in the final run.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 16:01 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46154
Location: The erogenous zone
Really enjoyed The Mandalorian. Dipped on Ep4 but then ramped up again.

More plz x

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2020 16:41 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13577
Findus Fop wrote:
Satsuma wrote:
Mr Robot: Done.

That was some pretty high concept TV right there. The type of stuff that you don’t see much of any more. A single story told from beginning to end. Thoroughly enjoyable throughout, great cinematography, an amazing ensemble of talented actors and not a single twatty lightsaber on display to get people spaffing their britches.

Game of Thrones ending is looking really fucking dumb right now after the care and attention that clearly went into this labour of love.


Mr Roboto is finito.

I'm still processing it. Suffice to say, I didn't see the ending coming.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Though arguably I should have considered the idea that Series Star Elliott (SSE) would be an artificial personality, just like Mr Robot.

And it all makes perfect sense, until I actually start thinking about it. Then I lose the thread. Like, who is the viewer i.e. us? Are we the creation of SSE? And to what end?

And if Real Elliot doesn't look like SSE (the drivers' licence snafu in the finale) then what does Real Elliot look like? Does another character in the series look like the real Elliott? Is it Tyler Wellick?

What the fuck is Tyler Wellick looking at in the suitcase part way through S4?


Staggering that a series could bring you all the way to the end of 4 seasons and still have you guessing as you head into the finale.

Also, I really enjoyed the soundtrack in series 4. Generally excellent throughout the four series, but the choices seemed to step up a gear in the final run.


Do you mean when Tyrell was looking at the blue screen? I don’t know but the whole thing was deliberately left open ended for some reason but the consequence of that episode never causes any friction in the storyline thereafter. No one reports what happens, he’s never found and he never raises his head either.

I was eagerly following the subreddit throughout the series and there were so many theories knocking around. Towards the end, after all the theories gaining traction, I honestly thought it was going to go all sci-fi with multiple realities and shit but thank fuck it didn’t.

A monumentally good series that deserves more recognition for so many reasons, but the audiences are fickle. For those that stuck with it though I think they’ll have found it a rewarding experience. Oh and now the ratings are so low when we say we watched it we’ll be part of a select cult following! Mwah hah haa.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:24 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3304
Satsuma wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
Satsuma wrote:
Mr Robot: Done.

That was some pretty high concept TV right there. The type of stuff that you don’t see much of any more. A single story told from beginning to end. Thoroughly enjoyable throughout, great cinematography, an amazing ensemble of talented actors and not a single twatty lightsaber on display to get people spaffing their britches.

Game of Thrones ending is looking really fucking dumb right now after the care and attention that clearly went into this labour of love.


Mr Roboto is finito.

I'm still processing it. Suffice to say, I didn't see the ending coming.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Though arguably I should have considered the idea that Series Star Elliott (SSE) would be an artificial personality, just like Mr Robot.

And it all makes perfect sense, until I actually start thinking about it. Then I lose the thread. Like, who is the viewer i.e. us? Are we the creation of SSE? And to what end?

And if Real Elliot doesn't look like SSE (the drivers' licence snafu in the finale) then what does Real Elliot look like? Does another character in the series look like the real Elliott? Is it Tyler Wellick?

What the fuck is Tyler Wellick looking at in the suitcase part way through S4?


Staggering that a series could bring you all the way to the end of 4 seasons and still have you guessing as you head into the finale.

Also, I really enjoyed the soundtrack in series 4. Generally excellent throughout the four series, but the choices seemed to step up a gear in the final run.


Do you mean when Tyrell was looking at the blue screen?


Oh was it a blue screen? Ha. Didn't pick up on that.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I guess it makes sense for his on-screen death to be blue screen. Though does he ever actually exist or is he constructed by SSE?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:39 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13577
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Tyrell was absolutely real. No one was ever made up by the Mastermind, except the parts of the Mastermind (natch).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2020 11:44 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3304
Satsuma wrote:
ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Tyrell was absolutely real. No one was ever made up by the Mastermind, except the parts of the Mastermind (natch).


I think I need to go back and rewatch the whole thing. A little project for next year, perhaps.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 16:58 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3304
finally started S4 of the Expanse last night.

The reliably foul-mouthed Chrisjen Avasarala (world council leader) is off to a flyer again. Regarding a rogue, refugee settlement: "Don't stick your dick in it Holden, it's fucked enough already."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 18:27 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48403
She's glorious

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2020 19:33 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3304
Cras wrote:
She's glorious


Isn't she just. One of the best things in a thing of good things.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 9:16 
User avatar
Hello Hello Hello

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12874
Findus Fop wrote:
finally started S4 of the Expanse last night.

The reliably foul-mouthed Chrisjen Avasarala (world council leader) is off to a flyer again. Regarding a rogue, refugee settlement: "Don't stick your dick in it Holden, it's fucked enough already."


Ha! I just started this last night too.

I wasn't really feeling it for the first 20 minutes of the first episode (mostly because I couldn't remember what the fuck happened at the end of Season 3, and the PREVIOUSLY ON THE EXPANSE wasn't amazingly informative), but it soon found its groove again and I got back into it and went straight onto episode two which was great. It seems to have got a bit swearier and there was SHAGGING in it and you could see a LADY BOTTOM.

And my favourite Martian lass Bobbie is looking well sexy.

It looks well fucking lush in 4K on the big telly, good use of 5:1 sound as well.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 13:36 
User avatar
Kinda Funny Lookin'

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3188
Location: Sheffield or Baku
First episode of Picard is very good. Lovely to see Stewart and Spiner Star Trek'ing it up again.

_________________
If work was so rewarding the rich would have bought it all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 15:28 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3304
Hearthly wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:
finally started S4 of the Expanse last night.

The reliably foul-mouthed Chrisjen Avasarala (world council leader) is off to a flyer again. Regarding a rogue, refugee settlement: "Don't stick your dick in it Holden, it's fucked enough already."


Ha! I just started this last night too.

I wasn't really feeling it for the first 20 minutes of the first episode (mostly because I couldn't remember what the fuck happened at the end of Season 3, and the PREVIOUSLY ON THE EXPANSE wasn't amazingly informative), but it soon found its groove again and I got back into it and went straight onto episode two which was great. It seems to have got a bit swearier and there was SHAGGING in it and you could see a LADY BOTTOM.

And my favourite Martian lass Bobbie is looking well sexy.

It looks well fucking lush in 4K on the big telly, good use of 5:1 sound as well.


I spent arguably too much time admiring the new haircuts of all involved. But in all it did a pretty decent job of laying out how the world had changed in the months that followed the end of S3, in a fairly concise manner. That and new hair.

Amos looking terrifyingly buff also.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 15:35 
User avatar
Hello Hello Hello

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12874
Findus Fop wrote:

Amos looking terrifyingly buff also.


Worked out well for him though, hunky fucker.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2020 15:52 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3304
Hearthly wrote:
Findus Fop wrote:

Amos looking terrifyingly buff also.


Worked out well for him though, hunky fucker.


Hunky Fucker. Prince should so have gone with that instead of Sexy Motherfucker.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 8:45 
User avatar
Hello Hello Hello

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12874
I finished Season 4 of THE EXPANSE last night and on the one hand it was excellent but on the other hand it totally just sets up Season 5 so they'd better fucking make it.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:01 
User avatar
Hello Hello Hello

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12874
THE INTERNET says Season 5 has already been commissioned so that's good news.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:08 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3304
Hearthly wrote:
I finished Season 4 of THE EXPANSE last night and on the one hand it was excellent but on the other hand it totally just sets up Season 5 so they'd better fucking make it.


I had an expansive hiatus so am only just finishing episode 2, but am thoroughly enjoying it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:22 
User avatar
Hello Hello Hello

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12874
Also I'm being a bit harsh in saying 'it just sets up Season 5', the story arcs of the season itself are handled extremely well and wrapped up satisfactorily (and quite poignantly), but it definitely points forward to the next season (and potentially beyond) as well.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
And a death I really didn't want to see!

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:46 
User avatar
Hello Hello Hello

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12874
I started watching MR ROBOT last night last night, only the first two episodes of Season 1 but it's really good innit.

It's been on my list for ages but I've just never got round to starting it.

All on Amazon Prime which is convenient.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:46 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3304
Hearthly wrote:
I started watching MR ROBOT last night last night, only the first two episodes of Season 1 but it's really good innit.

It's been on my list for ages but I've just never got round to starting it.

All on Amazon Prime which is convenient.


It keeps getting better. Enjoy!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:55 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48403
I keep thinking I should watch it but the made up hacking nonsense in the first episode was just so very bad that it completely put me off :(

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:59 
User avatar
Hello Hello Hello

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12874
I think the techno stuff is done well enough to be tolerable. It's certainly a considerable step up from someone just typing 'OVERRIDE' in a red font and the target system is immediately and completely compromised.


_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:03 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48403
I disagree. Mainly because it looks like they're putting effort into making it look believable, but getting it completely wrong in a way that anyone with a bit of knowledge would know.

I'd rather it was obvious fantasy hacking than pretending to be accurate but fucking it.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:10 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3304
Cras: Fantasy Hacker.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:10 
User avatar
Hello Hello Hello

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12874
Yes but if they made it realistic it'd be incredibly dull to watch.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:29 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 36124
Hearthly wrote:
Yes but if they made it realistic it'd be incredibly dull to watch.

Thin, pale man sips monster energy drink from a can in an untidy room lit only by the glow of his RGB RAM modules. For 8 hours.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Jan 31, 2020 12:37 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46154
Location: The erogenous zone
Cras wrote:
Mainly because it looks like they're putting effort into making it look believable, but getting it completely wrong in a way that anyone with a bit of knowledge would know.


Title

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2020 23:06 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 27088
Location: Kidbrooke
The last episode of The Good Place was excellent, and despite it clearly having been going downhill whilst they weren’t sure what the hell to do, a really good final episode can make or break the memories, and IMO the nailed the landing.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:06 
User avatar
Decapodian

Joined: 15th Oct, 2010
Posts: 3996
Yep. That’s pretty much a perfect ending to a TV show.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 16:21 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 30492
Dear god help me I started watching the walking dead again... picked up series 9 episode 1 ... fucking ducking hell

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 16:22 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48403
Why

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 16:24 
User avatar
Hello Hello Hello

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12874
Christ is that still going.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 16:29 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 30492
Cras wrote:
Why
I’m a completer finisher?

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2020 16:35 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48403
Not what I heard

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 14:16 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 30492
Anyone else watching Avenue 5? Ianucci goodness with added Hugh Laurie brilliance.

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 14:26 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3304
MrChris wrote:
Anyone else watching Avenue 5? Ianucci goodness with added Hugh Laurie brilliance.


Not yet, but looking forward to it.

Currently halfway through Veep, which is an utter Ianucci-fuelled joy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 14:44 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 54479
Location: Liberty City
Veep is incredible from start to finish. Richard Splett is probably my favourite character.

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 14:54 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13577
Mr Chonks wrote:
Veep is incredible from start to finish.


Got the hair off your legs aye?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 15:28 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3304
Mr Chonks wrote:
Veep is incredible from start to finish. Richard Splett is probably my favourite character.


Jolly good, I've not got to him yet.

My current favourites are Sidney Purcell and Gary.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 15:31 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 30492
I'll add Veep to the queue!

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 19:21 
User avatar
Decapodian

Joined: 15th Oct, 2010
Posts: 3996
MrChris wrote:
Anyone else watching Avenue 5? Ianucci goodness with added Hugh Laurie brilliance.


I didn’t think it was a patch on Veep.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 13:58 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15828
Location: Parts unknown
MrChris wrote:
Anyone else watching Avenue 5? Ianucci goodness with added Hugh Laurie brilliance.


I've just watched the first episode and enjoyed it loads so I'll definitely carry on.

I spat my drink out at the bit where...

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Someone had died and to make the other passengers feel better about it, one of the characters said "If it's any consolation, he had very few loved ones"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 22:11 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3304
Started watching Gotham, felt like a mindless enough endeavour. Dialogue largely pap, but the world is decently built.

But HOW MANY episodes? It's basically the size of the west wing and I can't think of one good reason for it being so mammoth.

That said, worth seeing through?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 22:31 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 36124
I lost interest in Season 3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 22:40 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3304
DavPaz wrote:
I lost interest in Season 3


Thank you, will manage my expectations accordingly. Because, honestly, I'd rather not sit through nearly 100 hours of it, as itbis merely diverting and all right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 22:46 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 36124
Slow paced and repetitive plots, if I recall.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 22:49 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 10898
I'm generally a big Batman fan and I thought it was a load of shite. The tone of it was all over the place; it swung from serious police procedural to soap opera bollocks to am-dram scenery chewing all in one episode. Fucking nonsense.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 23:20 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 54479
Location: Liberty City
I thought it was great!

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 23:22 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 36124
We need Hearthly, Pundy and Satsuma's opnion before we can generate a Beex metascore


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: General Purpose US TV thread
PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 23:51 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13577
I’ve got zero affection for Batman, except the original animated series, so I won’t be watching some bloated TV series just because of the Batman connection when there’s so much great TV out there.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 7726 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154, 155  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
cron
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.