And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: DEFCON
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 20:10 

I'll be ready to play about 8, half 8.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:14 

Right, if you two wanna play, then I need to know now, otherwise i won't be able to :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:27 
Gogmagog

2 moments, trying to find it. Sorry was Dark souls.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:28 
Gogmagog

thw fuck? i can't see it. checking steam.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:34 
Gogmagog

Really, really sorry. I'm 100% sure i own this game but can't find it on steam or anywhere right now.

Please accept my apologies.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:35 
Gogmagog

I found the box! in it is a scrabble dvd. The fuck??

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:37 

MaliA wrote:
Really, really sorry. I'm 100% sure i own this game but can't find it on steam or anywhere right now.

Please accept my apologies.

If you bought it on steam, it should tell you on the store page.
If you bought it stand-alone, try logging into the website.

Edit: (it popped up about new message)
So are you able to play? :D

Edit of Edit: Read that wrong, sorry.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:37 
Gogmagog

Not currently, i'm now trying to find a dvd case with "Scrabble" written on the side. Really sorry about this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:40 

MaliA wrote:
Not currently, i'm now trying to find a dvd case with "Scrabble" written on the side. Really sorry about this.

Has the box got the activation code in it?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:42 
Gogmagog

Cookie197 wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Has the box got the activation code in it?

You good man, you!

Now i remember, I have a key, due to emails between myself and introversion! hurrah!

Now to find the lock.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:43 
Gogmagog

Nope, no dice.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:44 
Gogmagog

the key code they emailed me doens't work. I'll go through my boxes and find the dvd and work from there. Sorry buddy, maybe tomorrow.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:47 
Gogmagog

This is going to bug me now. Losing things makes my head hurt and I can't rest until it is found. It is probably MrsA's fault.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:47 

MaliA wrote:
the key code they emailed me doens't work. I'll go through my boxes and find the dvd and work from there. Sorry buddy, maybe tomorrow.

if the code doesn't work, you should e-mail them about it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 21:51 
Gogmagog

Cookie197 wrote:
MaliA wrote:

if the code doesn't work, you should e-mail them about it.

heh, again. After 6 years.

I'll dig it up tomorrow. SOrry again, i gotta get some eats.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 18:24 

Who's up for this tonight then?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 17:30 

Sorry wee man. Friday, I ended up pissing around with Minecraft until yon time & the rest of the weekend was spent either blowing stuff up & watching stuff get blown up.

At the moment Wednesday is the only night I can definitely play stuff this week.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 19:00 

Wullie wrote:
Sorry wee man. Friday, I ended up pissing around with Minecraft until yon time & the rest of the weekend was spent either blowing stuff up & watching stuff get blown up.

At the moment Wednesday is the only night I can definitely play stuff this week.

You play minecraft?
Who are you?
I never pictured you as the kind to play ANY of these games.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 19:29 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Clearly you come across as a knuckle dragger , Willie :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 19:42 

Cookie197 wrote:
:) Minecraft's just Lego on the computer & everyone loves Lego.
Grim... wrote:
Clearly you come across as a knuckle dragger , Wullie :)
Heh, I've no really played games with the wee fella since GTA3 I think. So aye, knuckle dragger will be about right :DD

EDIT: Although there was the day that me & Gill made him play N+ with us until he spat the dummy & rage quit. So he probably just thinks I'm a fanny :DD
(I still have the last 3 sets of levels to go before I've finished the entire game & never have to look at a tiny ninja again!)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 19:55 

Wullie wrote:
Cookie197 wrote:
:) Minecraft's just Lego on the computer & everyone loves Lego.
Grim... wrote:
Clearly you come across as a knuckle dragger , Wullie :)
Heh, I've no really played games with the wee fella since GTA3 I think. So aye, knuckle dragger will be about right :DD

EDIT: Although there was the day that me & Gill made him play N+ with us until he spat the dummy & rage quit. So he probably just thinks I'm a fanny :DD
(I still have the last 3 sets of levels to go before I've finished the entire game & never have to look at a tiny ninja again!)

You can tell he is such a good influence for the young kid I was when GTA3 was out. (I was 5.)
Also, I don't remember playing either of these games :p

Whats N+?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 20:26 

Cookie197 wrote:
I was 5
Five is a fine age to learn how to beat up hookers & that :DD
Cookie197 wrote:
Whats N+?
N, but on the eggbox.http://www.thewayoftheninja.org/n.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 21:50 

Wullie wrote:
Cookie197 wrote:
I was 5
Cookie197 wrote:
Whats N+?

You kinda just proved my point.

Do not allow this man near children

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:45 

Cookie197 wrote:
Wullie wrote:
Cookie197 wrote:
I was 5
Cookie197 wrote:
Whats N+?

You kinda just proved my point.

Do not allow this man near children
Are you trying to give me a row for letting you play games :DD

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 21:41 

Anyone want to play this tonight?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 14:27 
Excellent Member

Well, me and Cookie had a splendid game of this not-so-long ago. Cookie was Africa and I was the Middle East/East Asia Bloc. Despite a partially successful trademark fleet nuking early on, Cookie had trouble for a good deal of time owing to a drib-drab of silo launches, revealling their locations to me. Also, my scouts located a lot of his hardware so, once he switched his silos to nuke mode I sent out a massive bomber wave that took half of them out, plus most of his radar and nearly all his airbases. Then my two sub fleets opened up and combined with a mass silo launch I anhilated Africa. I felt pretty smug, as not one of my cities had been touched.

Cue mass Cookie remaining sub fleet nuke launch off Tokyo, and wave goodbye to Tokyo, Seoul, Shanghai and three other major cities. Damn. Thought for once I had the perfect game.

Anyway great game, and to level the playing field a little more I've written up some 1vs1 tips for Defcon. This is basically my manual for nuke-warfare. I realise I'm giving my game away, but hey, I want to be forced into changing strategies. :)

Deploying...

Place radar on borders for maximum coverage.

Place Silos around cities, and don't neglect a couple for the coastal rear sections - subs may attack from
there.

Airbases - place them deep inland. If you launch bombers to nuke targets, they need time to arm their
nukes - best if they do this in safe territory then fly around till they arm over enemy land.

Subs - place them at the limit of your range, but where you think the enemy won't deploy their fleets. The object is to sneak 'em around the enemy fleet. But then you're good at that already! :D They are your best unit, imho.

Naval battles...

Target your fleet against an enemy. Where possible, gang your fleets up on one fleet at a time, even if you're ignoring a fleet firing on you. Concentrating your fire will sink 'em faster. Try to force naval battles near your own land, where the silos can join in by firing missiles at the enemy ships - avoid fighting near their coast for the same reason.

Your battleships will fire away, but carriers don't do anything unless you launch fighters and bombers. Use
fighters to intercept their fighters or soak up battleship missiles, use bombers against their carriers, then battleships.

Subs can torpedo ships, but are very, very vulnerable to battleships if they're set to sub patrol.

If you win a naval engagement, don't fling all your fleets at the enemy, leave one behind for anti-sub
patrol. Set to Anti-Sub and make sure the nightmare of a coastal MIRV launch at your cities/silos doesn't
happen.

Send your subs to non-obvious places outside enemy territory. For example, above Scotland/UK for Europe
rather than off Spain. Above Alaska for the US. At Polar ice caps for Russia. Etc. (Again, you're good at this one. :))

Defcon 1:

Silos on air defence will knock out even three incoming missiles at a time. I consider them
priorities. If possible, send all your bombers against silos barring a few against radars. Radars extend
anti-air silo range, so by blinding the enemy you cut down their firing range. Try to hold off doing this
until you have your subs ready, then launch those MIRVS from the coast at the same time against a mix of
silos, airbases and cities.

Radars take 1 hit.

Airbases take 2.

Silos take 3 but lose 1/3rd of their nukes with each
hit. I tend to launch anything between five and eight against each silo if I have the sub & bomber attack going. Then I'll pick off the cities with my ICBM silos.

By swamping the enemy airspace with nukes, some will get through. But maybe not enough to make a difference
- it's chancy. This is why...

Provoke them into making the first move. Hold back on arming your own silos. A couple of nukes on big cities
of theirs by a fluky half dozen bombers can sting them into silo nuke launches if their own bomber raids
fail. Basically, you want to have as many non-silo launch options as possible (bomber/subs) at the moment
you reveal their silos. Sending out fighters as scouts can reveal their silos, but more importantly if they
launch you can see their silos. And if they're launching then they can't intercept.

While you've got your silos on anti-air/nuke, most of their nukes are failing to hit yours. Meanwhile, most
of your bomber/sub nukes can get through - and that's when you hit their silos and defences. Once they're gone, you
can focus on mopping up the cities.

My usual decision chain...

Move subs to obscure close location to their main cities. Most of their silos will probably be there for
air defence. Take care to avoid enemy fleets.Send multi-fleets against single enemy fleets. Use
naval bombers/fighters against carriers/fighters. Winning naval war, move carrier fleets against enemy
coast, holding one or two back for anti-sub patrol. Move the anti-sub patrol up and down the coast
repeatedly for max effect. SUBS ARE EVIL.

Provoke enemy into launching missiles with bomber raids on radar/unprotected cities.
When enemy has committed to strike, send in subs/bombers against defenceless silos. You will lose
maybe up to 1/3rd of your cities here, or your capital, but the enemy will be stuffed when those silos are nuked and you have all or nearly all your silos still ready for action.

Once they seem to have launched all their nukes, or you've destroyed all their silos, launch your own
silos and laugh.

Laugh insanely. Like a Bond villain.

Remember, the key is to either knock out their defences first, or overwhelm with volume of fire.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 19:07 

If anyone wants to try this, It's only £1.49 on Steam just now (For the next 24 hours(As of 6pm))

Just click right here --> Steam Store (Clicky!)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 20:47 
Kinda Funny Lookin'

Bought-ed...and then I was sad as I realised I'd missed the sale on Universe Sandbox. I'd buy it for £1.50 but £3.99, you're having a larf.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 17:54 
Excellent Member

(Me and Cookie and some guy called LaCacca had an awesome match last night, lasting an hour. Here's a beefy AAR. I hope I got events right, Cookie. Feel free to set me straight!)

The following is based on the incomplete records of Europe's High Command, following The Great Burn:
Two man passed each other in a park in Warsaw. There was a blur of motion and a suitcase changed hands. And then they were gone.

The intelligence was complete. The United States was indeed committed to Plan LaCacca. The first strike could be expected in a matter of days. Codenames were drawn up for an unlikely alliace. Europe, under the guise of NervousPete, would be pooling its full resources with Russia, under the name of Cookie. How long this alliance would last, with mutual suspicion at its height, remained to be seen.

Truth be told Europe didn't do itself any favours in the opening phase. It was remarkable that despite repeated peacetime flyovers of its fighters over Cookie's territory, no rebuke was formed. Possibly Russia did not wish to damage a fragile alliance. Europe felt its course was right, however. She herself was vulnerable to recon, most of her assets lay under a short range recon flight. Half her cities lay within Russia's border radar. But Europe and Russia's eyes weren't in the main fixed on each other - they lay over the Atlantic and North Pole, towards the unknown quantity that was North America.
The intelligence in, Europe ordered her ships to sail. Her first sub fleet of six began their long journey towards Cuba. The other sub fleet of equal number moved towards Murmansk, Europe wished to take no chances. Her carrier and battleship fleets set sail from the Bay of Biscay, all headed towards the mid Atlantic.

Russia, in full concordance with Europe's plan, moved her surface fleets in the same direction. Her submarine movements remained a mystery to her ally, however. Europe, feeling vulnerable, drew small comfort from her own shrouded U-Boat status.

The breaking news came at two o'clock, GMT. A stand-off between the European and American fleets. North America invoked the Monroe Doctrine, not so subtly extended two hundred nautical miles. It demanded the immediate withdrawl of the European fleet. Meanwhile, she expressed strongly worded protests at stealth bomber overflights from Russia over her East Coast. Tensions were quickly heating.

In Europe, motorcades sped into Switzerland and Norway, equally dividing ruling governments between the mountainous nuclear redoubts of both countries. There was food enough to last half a lifetime, but no one relished the prospect of a life spent munching the dry dog-food that was K-rations. Of Russia's government, who knows where they fled? Somewhere out into the frigid wastes of Siberia, perhaps, a region with the lowest density of possible targets. Or maybe they settled on the fertile yet uncivilised plains of Mongolia? The records are lost to time. North America placed its reliance on the time honoured Cheyenne Mountain, now with added layers that dug even deeper into the Earth.

Events would prove it to be their tomb.

No one is sure who shot first. With the Russian fleet still steaming towards Iceland the European and American fleets suddenly opened up on each other. Concentrating its firepower, the battleship fleets supported by fighter and bomber wings gradually anhilated North America's battleship fleets. But her carriers, still very much in the fight, and some long range coastal missile defence slaughtered the carrier groups before they could retreat, leaving but one single European
carrier afloat. This was a grievous blow for Europe.

As the North American fleets sank beneath the waves, leaving only a few Battleships and a carrier on the European balance sheet, streams of Russian bombers flew towards the American coast. Europe, enraged by the loss of tens of thousands of her sailors, launched every bomber she had in the same direction. They were too late to save the fleet, but perhaps they'd find work to do on the mainland.

Nethertheless, history will note that it was the US that launched first, still in accordance with plan LaCacca. Both East and West coast silos flashed up on the radar screens of Europe and Russia as they began to disgourge their cargo of death. Dozens of nukes arced up into the air, but their wombs were to be anhilated by the European bomber force inbound.
Russia's bombers, having turned around, unwilling to engage in early nuclear hostilities, left the airspace clear for Europe's first stage plan of Nervous Pete. Priority was given to the silos, with three nukes apiece targetted from the European bombers. Airbases and radar were secondary. As these fell under the onslaught, Europe's submarines surfaced off Cuba and launched their payloads. The entire Mid-West and Eastern seaboard, exposed with no AA defence, melted in a nuclear inferno. Meanwhile, Russia launched her first nuclear submarine fleet against the the Western seaboard. San Francisco, Portland, Seattle and LA perished in nuclear flame.

North America was virtually anhilated, but still her nuclear cargo fell upon Europe, virtually destroying Britain and badly damaging France and Spain. The AA defences did heroic work and vaped two thirds of the incoming ordnance, but still, too many got through. Civilisation ceased to exist in the far West reaches of Europe.
Horrified by this carnage, an emotional Europe then unfortunately detected Russian submarines off the North African coast, within easy striking range of middle Europe. She also noted with concern the giant Russian surface fleet, tightly packed in the North Atlantic, now reversing direction.

There could only be one decision.

Abruptly Russia's radar coverage lost half its potency, as Europe pulled the plug on its feed. An hour later a coded transmission from its subs revealed they were under depth charge attack from helicopters based on the sole remaining European carrier. Two were quickly sunk and the submarine fleet admiral ordered his remaining ships to sink to unheard of depths to evade the attack. The signal lost, Europe assumed all had been accounted for. This mistake was to have dire consequences later.

Meanwhile Europe ordered all her returning bombers to attack the Russian fleet as they passed over. A mixture of harpoon anti-ship missiles and the odd nuke rained down upon the Russian fleet from the stream of bombers, inflicting several thousand casualties. But the force, weakened by the attack on America, were not up to the task of destroying this concentration of awesome firepower. Not one bomber reached Europe as they flew over the AA defences of the battleship picket fleets, despite the several carriers and battleships sunk.

Russia had responded sluggishly all the same, allowing a small force to maul them substantially. But she very much remained the dominent naval power by far, and she still had her wide ranging bomber and nuclear silo fleets. She believed herself to have the upper hand. It was here that hubris and rage led Russia to make a mistake. She used her silos when her bomber crews and remaining subs were enough. One by one the silos winked onto Europe's screens as they chundered plutonium doom. But Europe was ready. She had her submarine fleet above the Urals. Five mirvs apiece launched. The first nukes targetted at the airbases, correctly assuming that a counter-attack from fighters were the biggest threat. Three more nukes were shared amongst each silo. The final load, two or three from each sub, were shared amongst the cities and radars.

Vulnerable, the silos began to take hits, unable to respond. One by one they went down. Still under bombardment Europe decided to sacrifice cities by activating her own nuclear silos, starting on the blighted territories of Britain and Spain.
Meanwhile, entombed under a mountain of rubble, the North American President responsible for Plan LaCacca disconnected from existence with a single gunshot to his head. Having not heard a single utterance since early game, the world did not miss him.

Central Europe went under. Germany, Poland, Belgium, France all became irradiated wastelands. As the nukes from Spain and the UK passed over, the silos of Switzerland, Italy, Norway and Poland came online. The attack was perfectly timed so a creeping barrage of maximum density crept over Russia, designed to overwhelm any AA fire that came online. This was still a problem, as two Russain silos escaped the inferno.

Bombers from the Russian fleets began to range towards Europe. Fighter shields scrambled, but a valient resistence was steadily overwhelmed. Soon, nothing living remained in Western Europe. It took longer for Russia's remaining four submarines to move back into position. To Europe's horror they began to rain down fire upon central Europe. Her lone carrier, a fighter and a bomber frantically worked to mop them up, but they still got off half their arsenal before sent to the bottom. Now Central Europe was anhilated, and the mountains of Switzerland began to glow under the radiation.
The crackle of radiation replaced dialogue on the radio waves. Still, messages got through. An immediate cessation of hostilities was ordered, a hollow joke since both Europe and Russia had spent her nuclear wad. Curiously, one submarine fleet of North America turned out not to have involved itself in the affair, instead steaming to Australia for safe haven under command of Admiral Neville Shute.

The toll sheet was grimly toted. Russia had the most survivors, but Europe could claim a technical victory thanks to the sheer violence she had inflicted upon North America. This was scant comfort to the surviving 30 million Europeans and 46 million Russians, who now had to eke out a primitive medieval existence under a fearsome ultraviolet sky. Still, both could perhaps feel a crumb of satisfaction in the anhilation of the continent that had started this sorry state of affairs, the foolish masters of Plan LaCacca.

[This was a great game. I found it uncomfortable to be a tiny space between two fearsome powers. Fortunate then that LaCacca, despite some great naval work, proved inept in other departments. Meanwhile, Cookie learns at an exponential rate. I have bested him thrice, but each time the margin of victory shrinks. There really wasn't much in the score between us this time. I fear I may meet my Waterloo at his hands soon! Oh, and apologies for being a trecherous bastard, Cookie, but c'mon, you would have pressed the button on me soon enough...]

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 18:50 

NervousPete wrote:
Oh, and apologies for being a trecherous bastard, Cookie, but c'mon, you would have pressed the button on me soon enough...]

As I said Pete, I'd completely forgotten about them until you mentioned them. I'd assumed all my subs were gone :P

I still say I won.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 20:35 

9PM tonight anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 23:43 
Comfortably Dumb

Morte wrote:
Bought-ed...and then I was sad as I realised I'd missed the sale on Universe Sandbox. I'd buy it for £1.50 but £3.99, you're having a larf.

£1.74 for the next five hours or so

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:01 

Me, Bobby and a random called Luis just had a awesome game. I decided to try do a Pete-style summary.

After days of tension over the horse meat scandle, war finally broke out between three major nations. South America, under the name 'Bobbyaro' was the first to declare war. Europe ('Cookie197') and Asia ('Luis') entered an Alliance that europe hadn't expected (he changed his colour in the lobby, so was in my alliance without me noticing) South America was put off by the alliance of two strong nations, but was now too far in to withdraw.

As all nations deployed their naval units, all was quiet. It was many hours before any of them met each other, by which time Nukes were already flying. Europe spent much same flying planes over Asia, to try get them to leave the Alliance, but to no avail. Europe decided that the time was right to launch the navy, and directed most ships into the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, but also stealthily moved her Subs into position around Asia.

Asia, following the 'Answer' plan, moved her ships to cover the other side of South America, with no where to go, Americas ships were slautered. Thankfully, europe was happy to see Asia accidently raise her subs, and so quickly marked them, and was happy to see there were safely away on the border of America.

After many hours of Nuking, Asia was suprised and annoyed to see her allie, Europe leave her. Nukes started to fly at Europe, but the anti-nuke guns took most of them down, the ones getting through only hitting small cities. In accordance with plan 'sacrifice' Europe appealed to South America for an alliance, appearing weak before them. America accepted, little knowing that Europe would soon betray them. The war team in the bunkers of europe worked quickly, noting down where America had all her silos and airfields placed, ready for the attack. Soon after, news emerged that South America was running low on nukes, as was Asia. Europe used this to her advantage, and launch all the nukes from her subs at South Americas coast. Just minutes before they hit, it was recorded that Europe sent a message before the South America war office was destroyed. They simply said 'Suprise, alliance over.' and with that, South america was gone. Reduced only to a Sub and a battleship wondering the seas.

Europe then turned her sight on Asia, while the battle between America and Europe had raged, Asia had killed over 8 million of Europian citizans. With rage blazing, Europe launched all remaining nukes at the almost defenceless country, knocking out any remaining Silos and Airfields. Bombers with fighter escorts flew over head, with people screaming behind them as their towns and cities were destroyed. As fire raged thorugh Asia, burning its land and its people, a desperate plea was heard, very faint under the radiation disturded radio waves, "We surrender"

The end was just that. The war over, millions dead. Europe calimed victory, having killed the most, had the least deaths, and also the most survivors. Although many did not live for long, as the enter Nation was covered in radiation, many died of poisoning. South America suffered the most, with only 30million survivors. As all 3 nations worked to rebuild their war supplies they all agrred on one thing. War.... War never changes.

I loved this game, I hadn't played for a long time. (First game I've ever won :D ) Bobby proved not to be too bad, altohugh this was one of his first times playing. He did a fair bit of damage to me, but used up all his nukes way too quickly. Luis was good, he knew what to target, and took out a few of my Silos, leaving some cities open for Nuking. But he hadn't put enough defences at the Indian ocean, so my subs just went in and destroyed everything at the coast. But it was definatly fun, and we'll need to try get together one time, and have a proper big game.

(I hope this turns out alright, please tell me what you think!)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 13:13 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Nice one, Cookie!
This was the first time I played - I hadn't even finished the tutoria, I just launched every nuke I had randomly at western Europe! ! Strangely relaxing for global thermonuclear war.
Edit, I also had over 10% of my population as colateral damage!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 14:36 
Excellent Member

Nicely done Cookie, you sneaky so-and-so! You have learnt well, my friend. Looks like you did some cunning nuke conserving. Did you use your nuke-bombers much?

Bobbyaro, time on target is your friend. Launch the nukes furthest away from the target landmass first, and as they pass over closer silos, launch from those in turn as the ICBM shadows fall upon them. It'll mean all your punch hits as one, and it's especially handy if you add a bomber wave to unload first, or clog their air with fighters to distract AA. :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 18:42 
Excellent Member

Me, Bobby and Cookie just had a game, with some guy called Gabriel. Me and Bobby on one team, Gabriel and cookie on another.

Gabriel creamed us all in points! I was third and cookie second for a chunk of it, but then I heartlessly turned on Bobby to secure some extra points and took out Japan and China, putting me into second. Cookie pulled a sneaky trick baiting my inevitable ICMB strike by switching his silos on for a launch of one and then switching them back again, thus meaning all my nukes were shot down on arrival. Plus some nasty sub work on my East coast. Bobby was dong a late-game mass sub launch against me off the West coast at the end, but the victory timer saved me. Phew!

Ace fun!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 19:38 

I like this, but I don't have a clue what is going on! I got a glitch at the beginning where i had a "synchronicity error" and by the time I was back in the game two of my fleets had disappeared and i didn't have time to place any more. Not that that is an excuse for the ease with which Gabriel destroyed my entire continent with me not even hitting him in return!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 17:20 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

This is part of the Indygala bundle
http://www.indiegala.com/

beat the average (about $6 / £4) for

3 hidden games
Multiwinia
Defcon
Uplink
Hearts of Iron III
Demigod

Or pay $1 for :

Subversion City Generator
Voxel Destruction
7.62MM
Talisman Prologue
Darwinia

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 18:07 
Gogmagog

Uplink is superb and well worth the money.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 21:45 

MaliA wrote:

What is it?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 22:00 
Gogmagog

Cookie197 wrote:
MaliA wrote:

What is it?

Single player hacking game. Very tricky, as from the get go they are after you. Make a mistake somewhere and it is game over, after about another few hours. Very tense.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 9:54 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

This is in the Humble Weekly Sale, along with Uplink, Darwinia, and Multiwinia, for (potentially) 1 US cent.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:07 
UltraMod

Grim... wrote:
This is in the Humble Weekly Sale, along with Uplink, Darwinia, and Multiwinia, for (potentially) 1 US cent.

https://www.humblebundle.com/weekly

Everyone should get it. My favourite RTS game of all time.

I'd also be up for playing it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:09 
Sleepyhead

I have a copy as Cookie gave it me for free.

I haven't played it against anyone yet, so will be easy to defeat.

The tutorial was boring, so I also have no idea how to play.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:29 
UltraMod

Curiosity wrote:

It's ridiculously simple, which is the reason I love it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:54 
ugvm'er at heart...

Curiosity wrote:

:this:

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:10 
UltraMod

It's this simple:

Quote:
DEFCON is a streamlined real-time strategy game, with no unit production (except for automatic fighter regeneration), resource collection, or technology tree upgrades. Players choose and position their forces at the beginning of the game. A countdown system prevents games from disintegrating prematurely. Gameplay begins at alert level DEFCON 5 and counts down to DEFCON 1 (the highest alert level). Each upgrade in alert level brings more possibilities.

DEFCON level 5
No hostile action. Players may place units and fleets and units can move into international waters.

No hostile action. Radar coverage will provide information on units within range. Players may continue to place units and fleets and move units into international waters.

Conventional naval and airborne combat is authorized. Units and fleets can no longer be placed (those that were not placed are treated as if they were lost).

No effective change from DEFCON 3. This is the final stage before nuclear weapons are available. According to the manual, combat becomes more aggressive.

The use of nuclear weapons is authorized. Intercontinental ballistic missiles, submarine medium-range ballistic missiles, and bomber short-range ballistic missiles are available.

Once DEFCON 1 is reached, the game proceeds until a certain percentage (80% by default) of the total number of nuclear missiles available to all players have been launched or destroyed. Once this occurs, a victory countdown begins (45 game minutes by default) and the final score is announced when this countdown runs out.

The DEFCON levels change over time based on a countdown.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:39 

I'd be happy to play this with anyone anytime :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:44 

I played one game against cookie and Pete, I was shit, also my laptop runs so hot as soon as the graphics section of the CPU is activated I fear this game may melt it with its intense graphical interface. Also, why isn't there an android version?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 20:22 

So, anyone want a game soon? ( As in - Sometime in the next 3 or 4 days)

Reply to topic  [ 249 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next