Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: EvE Online
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 20:46 

Right I'm at Kakakela moon 13 corporate police force assembly plant, can't see BeeX in the Offices doodad.

wtf, etc?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 20:53 

SHIT. SHIT. SHIT.

just shut it down accidentally. Wonder how autosavey it is?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 20:59 
Part physicist, part WARLORD

GovernmentYard wrote:
SHIT. SHIT. SHIT.

just shut it down accidentally. Wonder how autosavey it is?

It's all online, like any MMO game. You can't lose anything.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 21:14 

Tidy. How do I join the cru then?

/edit oh it's under headquarters.

Now I have to research the difference between the two.

Right - applied. Now off to complete training. Someone message me in game if you come on, I'm lonely. ?Also, how do I get a list of all beexers on it?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 22:41 

Ah, this is where it gets annoying. Went a couple of systems over to that university place from the tutorials to learn how to mine. So she says go and mine stuff, so I go to the journal, get the job up, right click the location she told me to look and head off there. Barren asteroids. Can't be mined. I pootle about going to the other planets or moons of this system, got a load of stuff mined, went back to third planet, unloaded, went out for more. Can I find the place I just was? Can I fuck. All I want to do is get to this place and mine that shit, why has it got to be so difficult to ascertain what's going on. Why can't I tell my ship to go there when it's there in yellow in her request?

Fuck this stuff is impenetrable.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 23:06 

Will concentrated veldspar not do as part of my contribution, as she asked for veldspar?

The in-game n00b help chat is going too fast for me to use it

fuck's sake. This game is running far slower than my desire to learn it. Very poor intro, really.

WHAT BUTTONS DO I PRESS TO MAKE IT DO WHAT YOU ARE TELLING ME I HAVE TO MAKE IT DO?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 23:31 

GovernmentYard wrote:
It gets a lot, lot worse before it gets any better. Also: I don't think any beexers have currently active accounts I'm afraid.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 23:42 

Now I'm finished mining there's a bigger ship mining and a gurista invader is having a go at it. It doesn't seem bothered but I go after the gurista. I'm about to cost him his shield, he's basically been focusing on the big ship and ignoring me but eventually I'll have him. But what's this? Another one comes along and will finish me in seconds with missiles.

So here's a question - how do I know who I can realistically have a pop at? I've got a gatling cannon.

Still can't figure out what todo to give the woman all this veldspar. When I was couriering earlier in training, I just hit 'complete mission'. Now Ive more than enough veldspar, can't drag and drop, can't go to complete mission because it says there's stuff left for me to do.

I look back at the instructions - there's a bit in red about remembering to fit a miner - well I've had one of those from the start. It just says location 0.7 Akiainavas, which is with loads of planets and many asteroid fields, much of them empty or too dangerous to go in, in a supposedly safe system. No-one attacks these gurista things which are aggressive though.

None of this makes sense, I just want to finish the fucking mission. I've done what they told me to do, googling is getting me fuck all.

HEEEEEEEEEELP!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 23:45 

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
GovernmentYard wrote:
It gets a lot, lot worse before it gets any better. Also: I don't think any beexers have currently active accounts I'm afraid.

Worse in terms of being told to do something, dong it and being told you've not done it?

If you can confirm that, I'll uninstall it now. Life's too short and I've got a nice beta of Gridrunner Revolution sat here waiting for me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 23:47 

TAKE MY FUCKING VELDSPAR YOU CUNTING SLAG. TAKE IT. TAKE MY VELD SPAR. FUCK.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 23:51 

No. Worse as in impenetrable complex, which is probably what's knackering you now; you've probably done something wrong and just don't realise what.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 23:55 

There was nothing more specific than get veldspar from the akaifucksocks system and bring it to the woman. I've done that. It says 'mine all the veldspar ore in the asteroid field your agent sent you to' and there was no specific field I was sent to.

ah, someone is helping me in another channel now that runs at readable speed. I will not be defeated.

/ed it Veldspar get!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:03 
Excellent Member

Keep sticking at it, you'll hit a happy plateau of being only slightly confused before wondering where the fuck to be go, being intimidated by MaliA posts and then having something in your life thankfully happen that means you can't play the impenetrable but oddly mesmerising Eve anymore.

If I get back online Eve-wise in the next couple weeks, I'll let you know though. I've done practically all the tutorial stuff. Were you forgetting to refine stuff?

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:20 
Gogmagog

I might resub next month....

Erm, don't really worry too much about the training missions, sod them. in fact, sod missions entirely. Go and pick a fight with someone and if you happen across Fade Routha, say MaliA says "hi".

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:25 
Meh

MaliA wrote:

Erm, don't really worry too much about the training missions, sod them. in fact, sod missions entirely. Go and pick a fight with someone and if you happen across Fade Routha, say MaliA says "hi".

They totally redid the training missions and they are now a lot more constructive and useful than they ever were. You can get nice ships and items as well as learning key aspects of the game.

So they are not as useless as they once were. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 7:28 
Gogmagog

Nemmie wrote:
MaliA wrote:

They totally redid the training missions and they are now a lot more constructive and useful than they ever were. You can get nice ships and items as well as learning key aspects of the game.

Sweet.

Er, do the training missions, then.

Make and alt, get him a Rifter and a warp scram and mess up someone's day.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:32 

Yes spent yesterday evening doing (and eventually getting somewhere with) mining training, so they gave me a little mining bantam. Which i need to train for about 48 hours to be able to fly.

So yes, eventually, useful - and I'll be trying other shit in the meantime. Might even start another character for shits and giggles.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:34 
Master of dodgy spelling....

you can only train one char at once.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:04 

Ok, will focus on my little redhead then

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:08 

Have fun in Eve, it was a geat game, when I played it... it just sucks up too much time..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 13:37 
Honey Boo Boo

GovernmentYard wrote:
Ok, will focus on my little redhead then

What a surprise. I bet you creamed your shorts at that 'redhead jamboree' thing they just showed on the news.

The only thing I know about EvE is that investing in the skills that help you train up faster early on will pay dividends later.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 13:54 

true. But it is boring if you don't advance you ships or weapons

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 11:04 
Gogmagog

Curatores Veritatis Alliance in Providence disappears

Quote:

Greetings, star pilots.

I am known as bullet, just a small, relatively unknown member of a covert organization, created by and dedicated to the taking down of what we saw as the single largest evil in eve - CVA.

The plan was hatched well over 2 years ago. Our group of RL friends was backstabbed by a high ranking CVA official, whose name I decline to mention but many of you may already be guessing (if you know, you know. Our group, by nature a very wealthy group of industrialists, was going to help fund a mass CVA invasion of nearby areas. Of course, they would do it in the name of the Amarr Empire, and we were in it to gain a large amount of wealth. However, as talks continued, it was apparent that we were the fools in this barter. CVA had no plans of invading any region, and we were being strung along, by a few high ranking individuals. The rest of the Providence coalition knew nothing about it, I suspect even the CVA officials mostly were in the shadow. Our funds dissappeared into thin air, and our contacts simply would not so much as speak to us.

We thought for a moment to make this public, but what could we do? Nobody would believe a small, relatively unknown group of empire industrialists, over a trusted, powerful, well-known and seemingly well-liked coalition. If I said to you before this, that CVA would disband, would anyone have believed me? I think not. That is when we made our pledge. We would take down CVA. We lacked firepower, so we pledged that we would do it covertly, utilizing an advantage we had - we were all owners of multiple accounts, multiple alts, and our group was bound by what most pilots in eve do not have - RL friendship that goes back for years.

You will never be able to get back at us, as we have no corporate or alliance affiliation. You do not know who we are, or where we are. Any problems I caused with this character, with an aptly ridiculous name, to fit in with the "crowd", I apologize, I decided to use this "face" as it is nearly impossible to connect with anyone. You would be surprised how valuable we found connections to seemingly small, un-notable groups are.

So for 2 years, we worked various channels, various alliances, to come to today. Today, you see our product. Enjoy.

But apparently, it was a hacked account

Hardin wrote:

OFFICIAL CVA STATEMENT

I can confirm that CVA was folded and yes we are almost 100% sure it is an account hack for a variety of reasons:

1) We have contacted the relevant player out of game (we have 'real life' contact with him) and he is denying that he did this.

2) The account owner is late US TZ - the disbandment and robbery occurred in early Euro-TZ

3) When the 'hacker' logged in he was only in the basic channels and none of the usual channels that this member is in, indicating that he logged in from a different EVE client.

Of course he could be lieing to us but the member in question is, as far as we were aware, a loyal member of the executor corp and the CVA for over three years. There was no indication what-so-ever that he was in any way disillusioned with our mission and is indeed one of our more active and effective PvPers.

We do not believe that he would have done this. However, as with Haargoth - you can never be definitively sure - so yes - at this stage it is possible that it is simply a betrayal.

Nevertheless we are of the firm belief that this has to be a hack and we have asked CCP to investigate. No doubt all will be revealed in due course.

Obviously it sucks to be us right now and there is no doubt that this is going to cause disruption. However CVA is nothing if not resilient and we will prevail despite the obstacles that will probably be thrown in our way...

Amarr Victor

I always quite liked the CVA and their Amarrian ways. I'm half tempted to resub and join them.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:13 
Gogmagog

CCP gave CVA their stuff back, apaprently as it was due to a hacked account, not enemy action.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:17 
Sitting balls-back folder

So even though it's a game largely built on a reputation of fucking each other over in the most subtle and grand schemes possible, it's only okay to do it in-game. Okay.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:20 
Gogmagog

BikNorton wrote:
So even though it's a game largely built on a reputation of fucking each other over in the most subtle and grand schemes possible, it's only okay to do it in-game. Okay.

It would appear that CCP takes a dim view of person A hacking person B's account....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:13 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

BikNorton wrote:

Yes, absolutely. How is it fair otherwise?

Do you think there would have been/is a legal claim there if they can find the culprit, Mali? I know that people have been told that what happens in the game is not a case for legal proceedings, but this wasn't in the game.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:20 
Gogmagog

Grim... wrote:
BikNorton wrote:

Yes, absolutely. How is it fair otherwise?

Do you think there would have been/is a legal claim there if they can find the culprit, Mali? I know that people have been told that what happens in the game is not a case for legal proceedings, but this wasn't in the game.

Err, dunno. As far as I am aware, hacking computers is illegal, and hacking an account would enable the trespasser to enter CCP's computers so tum ti tum ti tum....

Probably something under misuse of computers act or somesuch. Allied with the fact that if one does hack an account, credit card information could be obtained and things like that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:24 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I was more thinking that the precedent (as I understand it) is "It's a game. If you're playing the game and someone fucks you over within that game, that's part of the game. Deal.". But if someone fucks you over in a way that's not part of the game, isn't it time for a new hearing?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:30 
Gogmagog

Grim... wrote:
I was more thinking that the precedent (as I understand it) is "It's a game. If you're playing the game and someone fucks you over within that game, that's part of the game. Deal.". But if someone fucks you over in a way that's not part of the game, isn't it time for a new hearing?

Oh, you mean, for example if you hacked my account and nicked my spaceships, transferring them to your character?

In which case, no, I don't think as they remain the property of CCP at all times. I think.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 20:11 
Gogmagog

http://getaclone.com/

Nice idea, there.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 21:09 

That is cool

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 21:19 
Gogmagog

I got "military".

Unsurprisingly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 13:02 

MaliA wrote:
I got "military".

Unsurprisingly.

Yup me too.... destroy rather than create :)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:40 

3rd Quarter 2009 economics update. Seriously, what other computer game could possibly support this sort of thing? Wonderful madness.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 13:51 
Excellent Member

Looks like another update's been added: 'Dominion'

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/eve-o ... ches-today

New features apparently are shiny new procedually generated planets that look effing lush, a proper ingame jukebox with MP3 support, custom playlists and drag-and-drop loading and an ingame browser based on Chromium. Also revamped email and messenging stuff. Oh, and Doomsday weapons.

Once again, despite having a rather meh time in previous trials, I am highly tempted to try again. Probably because previous efforts relied on an old computer running at 1024x768 on a titchy screen. MUST RESIST. MUST RESIST.

(But walkable space stations are coming! Gleep! And Dust! Double-gleep!)

MUST RESIST. MUST RESIST. FIGHT IT. FIGHT IT. FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT...

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2009 17:52 
Gogmagog

I thought about resubbing but then it appears that in lowsec, to make a decent stab of piracy you now need 15 friends. The alternative is running around in 0.0, but then you are hindered by lack of places to dock up and repair/sell swag etc.

If that number 15 reduced to, say, 4, I might consider it, but targets were so few and far between toward the end of my playing it, it seemed silly. Most or the corporations I would consider working with, wouldn't take me due to Malicious Afterthought's reputation for piracy and stuff, so that's out. And doing the NPC missions doesn't appeal at all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:35 
Gogmagog

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AG_9Itz7z7I

NSFW.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:09 
Gogmagog

EvE-Radio ran an event the other night, with a freighter (massive ship which can carry lots of stuff, also defenceless) autopiloting (it travels from A to Z via B,C,D, etc, but lands 15km from each gate so has to slowly fly to within jump range) through low sec. With about 100 listeners for back up two jumps behind...

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.as ... ID=1263579

Lovely idea.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 12:47 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Ha, excellent.
Sad to see that the radio has stopped, though.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 13:10 
Gogmagog

Grim... wrote:
Ha, excellent.

Has it?

MR SAD FACE!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:12 
Gogmagog

Quarterly Economic Newsletter out.

- More people playing than live in Iceland
- Drake, Hulk and Kessie are most popular ships, Raven most popular Battleship
- 15% of population in top 10 inhabited systems (out of 7,700)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:13 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

MaliA wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Ha, excellent.

Has it?

MR SAD FACE!

That thread said it was their swansong.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 22:49 

I'm back into it now, fancied an alternate reality to disappear into.

Governmentyard is my name, I've got the old character on the back burner. Is anyone at all still playing this?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:59 
Gogmagog

Maybe if I get some time over the Easter period.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:02 
Chinny chin chin

GovernmentYard wrote:
Is anyone at all still playing this?

I've now got Frontier 2 up and running and my new retro gaming box has no hope of running EVE*. I think I'd just get sucked in and that would be bad.

* Actually it would, but at a very retro 4fps I suspect.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 13:32 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

chinnyhill10 wrote:
GovernmentYard wrote:
Is anyone at all still playing this?

I've now got Frontier 2 up and running and my new retro gaming box has no hope of running EVE*.

With all the pretty turned down, EVE requires very little grunt.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 20:10 

There's me and Pod both playing this atm, fyi, like.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 20:44 

*bump*

So, is anyone except me and Pod playing this at the moment or what, then?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2010 21:46 
Rude Belittler

I reactivated my account the other day, mostly doing ice harvesting at the moment to try and get a Covetor.

Reply to topic  [ 1153 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 ... 24  Next