Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 14:06 
Awesome
User avatar
Yes

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11731
I found this page helpful for if you don't know what's being talked about here.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/because-o ... mplication
Quote:
SeymourButz
8 months ago
Because apparently we need to clarify these things now, the joke is not the rape part.
The humor is in the fact that Dennis is completely unaware of how much of a terrible person he is and his failure to understand why Mac is uncomfortable.
Because that’s what the shows about…terrible people doing and saying terrible things…they take the worst traits of human beings and exaggerate them with humor…everyone who’s ever watched the show knows this. You’re not supposed to like them.

_________________
Always proof read carefully in case you any words out

Do some price comparison on games, DVDs, books or CDs at Find It Cheapest.com
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 14:07 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 53296
Location: Liberty City
Mr Russell wrote:
I found this page helpful for if you don't know what's being talked about here.
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/because-o ... mplication
Quote:
SeymourButz
8 months ago
Because apparently we need to clarify these things now, the joke is not the rape part.
The humor is in the fact that Dennis is completely unaware of how much of a terrible person he is and his failure to understand why Mac is uncomfortable.
Because that’s what the shows about…terrible people doing and saying terrible things…they take the worst traits of human beings and exaggerate them with humor…everyone who’s ever watched the show knows this. You’re not supposed to like them.

Thanks for explaining :roll:

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 14:21 
User avatar
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Joined: 18th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11671
I have never seen it, but it doesn't sound very funny.

_________________
No, it was a giant robot castle!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 14:24 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 53296
Location: Liberty City
Bobbyaro wrote:
I have never seen it, but it doesn't sound very funny.

I love Always Sunny in general but it's quite problematic and these scenes make me feel deeply uncomfortable.

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 14:31 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45126
Location: West Yorkshire
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Except for Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Because of the implication.

Because rape jokes are funny?


Because Dennis is a terrible human being, yet he sees this behaviour as above board. Sensing Mac's discomfort, he tries to make it sound better and reassure him, but then undoes it straight back to square one in tne next breath.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 14:31 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9302
Location: Devon
Well, never having watched "Always sunny..." That was quite a useful link, thanks Russ!

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 14:32 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45126
Location: West Yorkshire
Lonewolves wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
I have never seen it, but it doesn't sound very funny.

I love Always Sunny in general but it's quite problematic and these scenes make me feel deeply uncomfortable.


At times it is horrendously dark.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 14:32 
Awesome
User avatar
Yes

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11731
Malc wrote:
Well, never having watched "Always sunny..." That was quite a useful link, thanks Russ!

You're welcome.

_________________
Always proof read carefully in case you any words out

Do some price comparison on games, DVDs, books or CDs at Find It Cheapest.com
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 14:40 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 53296
Location: Liberty City
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
I have never seen it, but it doesn't sound very funny.

I love Always Sunny in general but it's quite problematic and these scenes make me feel deeply uncomfortable.


At times it is horrendously dark.

Yep, doesn't mean I have to laugh at rape jokes though, ironic or not.

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 14:41 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45126
Location: West Yorkshire
Lonewolves wrote:
MaliA wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
I have never seen it, but it doesn't sound very funny.

I love Always Sunny in general but it's quite problematic and these scenes make me feel deeply uncomfortable.


At times it is horrendously dark.

Yep, doesn't mean I have to laugh at rape jokes though, ironic or not.


I don't think anyone has said what you should or should not laugh at, buddy.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 15:45 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 66918
Location: Your Mum
markg wrote:
Although with Friends I think it wasn't the laughing so much as the whooping or the "awww" noises.

You should never, ever watch Two Broke Girls.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 15:47 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45498
Location: The erogenous zone
I like Two Broke Girls.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 15:47 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45498
Location: The erogenous zone
What thread is this?

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 15:50 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45126
Location: West Yorkshire
Two Broke Girls , i like that, too.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 15:58 
User avatar

Joined: 23rd Nov, 2008
Posts: 9521
Location: The Golden Country
I *demand* this thread be renamed to A discussion of obsolete, lame American sitcoms and gender issues arising.

I thank you.

_________________
Beware of gavia articulata oculos...

Dr Lave wrote:
Of course, he's normally wrong but interestingly wrong :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 16:17 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Joined: 17th Dec, 2008
Posts: 8248
Cavey wrote:
I *demand* this thread be renamed to A discussion of obsolete, lame American sitcoms and gender issues arising.

I thank you.

Hearthly has already done that to the Walking Dead thread.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 16:57 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 30334
Two Broke Girls is painfully unfunny, sorry.

I've never watched It's Always Sunny, but if it's a Mali favourite it must be terrific. Are there any young women learning to dance? Is Julia Stiles in it?

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:12 
User avatar
Soopah red DS

Joined: 2nd Jun, 2008
Posts: 2076
MrChris wrote:
Two Broke Girls is painfully unfunny, sorry.


So many times :this:. Add a soupcon of 'unwatchably', and with that, I flounce from the TV and leave you to it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:26 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45126
Location: West Yorkshire
MrChris wrote:
Two Broke Girls is painfully unfunny, sorry.

I've never watched It's Always Sunny, but if it's a Mali favourite it must be terrific. Are there any young women learning to dance? Is Julia Stiles in it?


It's about unremittingly awful people doing terrible things ("Hi, I'm a recovering crackhead. This is my retarded sister that I take care of. I'd like some welfare, please") to each other and Danny Devito is often naked. I have often laughed so hard I thought i would die. The D.E.N.N.I.S System episode was superb.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:28 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 32190
It's also the longest running comedy TV show in American TV history, which is really unlikely given that it's this highly niche and very, very dark show about thoroughly unlikable people. I think it's very good indeed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:31 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9302
Location: Devon
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
It's also the longest running comedy TV show in American TV history, which is really unlikely given that it's this highly niche and very, very dark show about thoroughly unlikable people. I think it's very good indeed.


Really? Wow, that doesn't sound right, I would have thought the Simpsons, or SNL, or Cheers, or even Friends, or MASH or something would have been longer.

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:33 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9302
Location: Devon
Quote:
Since its debut on December 17, 1989, 604 episodes of The Simpsons have been broadcast. Its 28th season began on September 25, 2016. It is the longest-running American sitcom and the longest-running American animated program, and in 2009 it surpassed Gunsmoke as the longest-running American scripted primetime television series
- Wikipedia

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:35 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9302
Location: Devon
Unless I am missing a joke (never watched an episode, so quite likely if it's an in-joke)

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:37 
User avatar
INFINITE POWAH

Joined: 1st Apr, 2008
Posts: 30334
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
It's also the longest running comedy TV show in American TV history, which is really unlikely given that it's this highly niche and very, very dark show about thoroughly unlikable people. I think it's very good indeed.

That doesn't sound likely. It's about two waitresses with big boobs.

_________________
http://www.thehomeofawesome.com/
Eagles soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:43 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 66918
Location: Your Mum
I can't stop watching it.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:44 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 53296
Location: Liberty City
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
It's also the longest running comedy TV show in American TV history, which is really unlikely given that it's this highly niche and very, very dark show about thoroughly unlikable people. I think it's very good indeed.

Longest running comedy TV show in cable history.

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:44 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 32190
Malc wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
It's also the longest running comedy TV show in American TV history, which is really unlikely given that it's this highly niche and very, very dark show about thoroughly unlikable people. I think it's very good indeed.


Really? Wow, that doesn't sound right, I would have thought the Simpsons, or SNL, or Cheers, or even Friends, or MASH or something would have been longer.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-f ... ing-879880 (I should have written live-action)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:50 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47913
I can't stand IAS. Awful people being awful just isn't funny. With most sitcoms you could imagine yourself sat in the pub with the cast enjoying yourself. With IAS I can only imagine enjoying myself if I was bludgeoning them to death with a pool cue.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:54 
User avatar

Joined: 23rd Nov, 2008
Posts: 9521
Location: The Golden Country
Cras wrote:
With IAS I can only imagine enjoying myself if I was bludgeoning them to death with a pool cue.


Talk about being damned by faint praise, huh. :D



But seriously, this sounds like all new attained heights of awful... real matchsticks-in-eyeballs Clockwork Orange kind of awful.

_________________
Beware of gavia articulata oculos...

Dr Lave wrote:
Of course, he's normally wrong but interestingly wrong :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:55 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45126
Location: West Yorkshire
No, it's hilarious.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 17:56 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 53296
Location: Liberty City
Cavey wrote:
Cras wrote:
With IAS I can only imagine enjoying myself if I was bludgeoning them to death with a pool cue.


Talk about being damned by faint praise, huh. :D



But seriously, this sounds like all new attained heights of awful... real matchsticks-in-eyeballs Clockwork Orange kind of awful.

It's often not easy watching, but incredibly clever, mostly funny and they still haven't run out of ideas.

And none of them are totally irredeemable.

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 18:03 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 32190
Lonewolves wrote:
It's often not easy watching, but incredibly clever, mostly funny and they still haven't run out of ideas.

And none of them are totally irredeemable.

Charlie Work from the 10th season was as inventive a slice of comedy as I've ever seen.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 18:04 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
There are times* when I can identify with Larry David on 'Curb'. I've never identified with the cast of 'Always Sunny' but it's still brilliant.

Also, in all the interviews with Charlie I'be listened to he comes across as a really nice guy in real life.


*most of the time


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 18:04 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9302
Location: Devon
Ignoring the fact that I got confused between 2BG and IAS, that is quite surprising, but it seems most live action comedies seem to top out 10-11 series. (That seems to be quite a barrier across all types of fictional shows actually)

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 18:06 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 32190
Kern wrote:
Also, in all the interviews with Charlie I'be listened to he comes across as a really nice guy in real life.

And he's married to The Waitress!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 18:13 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9302
Location: Devon
I would suggest that Two and half men currently has run for longer than IAS, it ran from 22/09/2003 - 19/02/15 (12 seasons/262 episodes) against 04/08/2005 - 09/03/2016 (11 seasons/124 episodes)

That article suggested it had been renewed for further seasons, which will see it break the record, but it hasn't yet.

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 18:19 
User avatar
Decapodian

Joined: 15th Oct, 2010
Posts: 3785
MrChris wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
It's also the longest running comedy TV show in American TV history, which is really unlikely given that it's this highly niche and very, very dark show about thoroughly unlikable people. I think it's very good indeed.

That doesn't sound likely. It's about two waitresses with big boobs.


Only one has big boobs, but they are *very* big.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 18:25 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 53296
Location: Liberty City
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Kern wrote:
Also, in all the interviews with Charlie I'be listened to he comes across as a really nice guy in real life.

And he's married to The Waitress!

Mac and Sweet Dee are married too.

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 19:33 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 32190
Speaking of Always Sunny: https://youtu.be/aCVUsvLOUCk (huge GoT spoilers)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 19:34 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 66918
Location: Your Mum
Lonewolves wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Kern wrote:
Also, in all the interviews with Charlie I'be listened to he comes across as a really nice guy in real life.

And he's married to The Waitress!

Mac and Sweet Dee are married too.

Also Basil Fawlty and Polly Sherman (at the time).

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:26 
User avatar
Can you dig it?

Joined: 5th Apr, 2008
Posts: 3514
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
MrChris wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
It's also the longest running comedy TV show in American TV history, which is really unlikely given that it's this highly niche and very, very dark show about thoroughly unlikable people. I think it's very good indeed.

That doesn't sound likely. It's about two waitresses with big boobs.


Only one has big boobs, but they are *very* big.


Yes she is quite pleasing on the eye (and they are big).... but it can't redeem the show for me. I don't find it funny at all plus all the dialogue is really SHOUTY AND UNNECESSARILY LOUD.

I quite like(d.... I haven't bothered to watch the last season or two) Big Bang Theory, although there have been times when it seemed to go through a phase of having quite spiteful jokes, which doesn't really appeal to me.

_________________
rumours about the high quality of the butter reached Yerevan


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:14 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
Getting back to car shows, Radio 4's 'Women talking about cars' last night was a surprisingly descriptive title for a radio programme. It passed the time, mostly because of Victoria Coren Mitchell, but probably not going to be the new money-spinner for the BBC.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:22 
Awesome
User avatar
Yes

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11731
Kern wrote:
Getting back to car shows, Radio 4's 'Women talking about cars' last night was a surprisingly descriptive title for a radio programme. It passed the time, mostly because of Victoria Coren Mitchell, but probably not going to be the new money-spinner for the BBC.

Is any radio 4 comedy usually a money spinner?

_________________
Always proof read carefully in case you any words out

Do some price comparison on games, DVDs, books or CDs at Find It Cheapest.com
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:23 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
Mr Russell wrote:
Is any radio 4 comedy usually a money spinner?


When they break out to television, yes. I still prefer 'the Mitchell & Webb Sound' to the 'Mitchell & Webb Look'.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:25 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45126
Location: West Yorkshire
Kern wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
Is any radio 4 comedy usually a money spinner?


When they break out to television, yes. I still prefer 'the Mitchell & Webb Sound' to the 'Mitchell & Webb Look'.


Goodness Gracious Me, Little Britain are two that spring to mind.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:39 
User avatar

Joined: 23rd Nov, 2008
Posts: 9521
Location: The Golden Country
Kern wrote:
Getting back to car shows, Radio 4's 'Women talking about cars' last night was a surprisingly descriptive title for a radio programme. It passed the time, mostly because of Victoria Coren Mitchell, but probably not going to be the new money-spinner for the BBC.


They filled a half hour slot talking about what colours the cars were...?

/runs :DD

_________________
Beware of gavia articulata oculos...

Dr Lave wrote:
Of course, he's normally wrong but interestingly wrong :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:56 
User avatar
gooby pls

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 12426
Location: Shrewsbury, UK
Mr Russell wrote:
Kern wrote:
Getting back to car shows, Radio 4's 'Women talking about cars' last night was a surprisingly descriptive title for a radio programme. It passed the time, mostly because of Victoria Coren Mitchell, but probably not going to be the new money-spinner for the BBC.

Is any radio 4 comedy usually a money spinner?

15 Storeys High started out on radio (not sure if R4 though) and one of the main characters of that has enjoyed a ridiculously meteoric rise to stardom.

_________________
Mostly pointless witterings of a fool. gazchap.com
Source Design - Graphic Design and Web Design Shropshire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 16:17 
User avatar

Joined: 23rd Nov, 2008
Posts: 9521
Location: The Golden Country
Just watched ep 3, starting to get critically irritated now. The first episode's brilliance is fading fast, and the old 'fucks sake not this shite again' feeling is creeping back in.
Properly lame effort IMO. :(

_________________
Beware of gavia articulata oculos...

Dr Lave wrote:
Of course, he's normally wrong but interestingly wrong :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 16:23 
User avatar

Joined: 23rd Nov, 2008
Posts: 9521
Location: The Golden Country
Sorry wrong thread

_________________
Beware of gavia articulata oculos...

Dr Lave wrote:
Of course, he's normally wrong but interestingly wrong :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Top Gear
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 16:39 
User avatar
Soopah red DS

Joined: 2nd Jun, 2008
Posts: 2076
Ha! Should have left it as was-maybe that review will fit perfectly!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 664 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Columbo, Hearthly, Mr Chonks and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.