And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Finish 52 Challenge 2022
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 1:04 
Master of dodgy spelling....

1. Uncharted (Remastered)(PS4)

Working though my back log.
Quite a fun game but the camera is terrible, keeps moving as I jump and plummet to my doom.

Post subject: Re: Finish 52 Challenge 2022
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:27 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Let's goooooo!

1. Resident Evil: VIIIage (PS5)
I preferred 7, but after a shaky start 8 quickly got its claws in (literally ho ho ho) and turned into the resi that you know and love. The giant lady and her daughters are too campy to be scary (and God knows why her voice actor was winning awards for the voice acting - it's fine and all but compared to the glory of writing and acting that was DeathLoop she shouldn't have got a sniff at it), but the dollhouse level is legit scary, and one of the scariest bits in a RE game since the part in the first one where you're running through the right-angle corridor that's been empty for most of the game but suddenly there are spiders there. Anyway, it's good, and it got stupid toward the end, like every single RE game ever. I'd have liked to have seen more "puzzle" stuff, like RE7 did with the video tapes. But never mind.

2. The Outer Wilds (XSX)
This has been re-added to GamePass, and oh my God it's superb. I love a time loop anyway, but this combines space exploration with physics with quantum physics with time travel and, look, I can't say much about it because it'll ruin it, but it's fantastic. The first 20 minutes or so feels like a bit of a slog and had me thinking it was a game for children, but I was very, very wrong. Play it, hurry up.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:34 
Paws for thought

Grim... wrote:
Let's goooooo!

2. The Outer Wilds (XSX)
This has been re-added to GamePass, and oh my God it's superb. I love a time loop anyway, but this combines space exploration with physics with quantum physics with time travel and, look, I can't say much about it because it'll ruin it, but it's fantastic. The first 20 minutes or so feels like a bit of a slog and had me thinking it was a game for children, but I was very, very wrong. Play it, hurry up.

Food the outer wilds there also contain the dlc?
Mechanically a bit different, and smaller in scope, but still very outer wildsy. (Which to my mind is a good thing, as I can't think of a better game)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2022 12:37 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

I don't believe so, but I suspect I'll buy it anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 18:58 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Grim... wrote:
2. The Outer Wilds (XSX)

3. Zombie Army Trilogy DLCs

The two youngest members of the Yes, Chef!s have kicked so much more zombie arse since completing the game originally that I feel it needs to revisited on this list.
The DLC is of varying quality, and they continue to have a plot that neither I or @cras pay any real attention to. If I had to be critical they could give you more opportunity for some real long-range sniping - often the action is up close or the sightlines are blocked (mostly by Craster walking his stupid ass in front of me). Obviously there's no real danger if the enemy is 500 meters away, but it would make a change, and give us a reason to have upgraded our guns to 8x zoom.
Also, some of the DLC levels are just one big level, rather than one level split into four bits like they normally are. This has the unfortunate side-effect of forcing you to complete it in one sitting, which kept us online until 1am last night.

But you still get to shoot nazi zombies in the balls, and it's still great.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 19:08 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

A well written summary touching on so many of the salient points that make this such a fine game. I feel it's important to highlight possibly the most important point, just to reiterate it for heightened impact.

You still get to shoot nazi zombies in the balls

Isn't that all we really want?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 20:16 
Bad Girl

(1) Xenoblade Chronicles: Remastered Edition (Switch)

Not only is this my first ever JRPG I ever played (back on the poor old Wii) but it’s my all time favourite. Not only is it easy to learn; accessible and just loads of fun but it has a great story (albeit told in your typical anime stylings).

Now I’m older and wiser I spent lots of time doing side missions and dicking about exploring for the level ups so I was never under levelled but also cause the world is so fucking nice to explore. I spent a reasonable amount of time just wandering the nooks and crannies and filling in the map looking for bits or quest givers, all set against some of the best music committed to a game.

I levelled up to level 96 (of 99) and literally the only missions I haven’t done were the super bosses. The first of which turned me right off doing any of them just because on this big spider boss a single hit dazes a party member until you monado their special shield off. Which lasts oooh 2 maybe 3 seconds? It can fuck right off.

10/10 literally my fave JRPG

Oh and there’s some DLC thing that I have tried yet! So that’ll be next.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 0:11 
Paws for thought

1) Hitman 3 (PC)

Like Hitman 2, but threeier

Good game. Make careful plans to kill someone. Then find some goon you hadn't noticed appears and finds you stripping a dude.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 16:53 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Grim... wrote:
2. The Outer Wilds (XSX)
3. Zombie Army Trilogy DLCs

4. Doom Eternal

I played this on the PC when it came out, got to the penultimate level, and stopped. Then I got it on the Xbox and spanked it on the Demon bum. I'm fairly sure I prefer Doom 2016 to this, as it became a bit to much of "I require (a) so I'll do (b)", but it's still great. I ripped, I tore, I was entertained.

And the music is still exceptional.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2022 16:53 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Fuck me, I'm on track for 52 :o

Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ]