Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 1406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2021 21:09 
User avatar
Soopah red DS

Joined: 2nd Jun, 2008
Posts: 2692
He was eating cake, and arrived after me, so if he is he's achieving as much as he did in his 10 days of leadership.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 15:42 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 17036
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
JBR wrote:
I was very happy to get a sneaky second parkrun of the year in (they have restarted in NI, but not yet England, Scotland or Wales).

But imagine my joy on being told that we had a celebrity in our little car park overlooking the sea, where I had headed for cake!?! Kinbane Castle, on the North Coast of Northern Ireland.

I know, the picture is terrible, so you'll have to take my word for it, but that blue blob in the middle is none other than ...

Edwin Poots!

Now, I know on not the biggest follower of celebrity, but who the buggery is Edwin Poops?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 15:50 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4832
Location: , Location, Location.
Mr Dave wrote:
JBR wrote:
I was very happy to get a sneaky second parkrun of the year in (they have restarted in NI, but not yet England, Scotland or Wales).

But imagine my joy on being told that we had a celebrity in our little car park overlooking the sea, where I had headed for cake!?! Kinbane Castle, on the North Coast of Northern Ireland.

I know, the picture is terrible, so you'll have to take my word for it, but that blue blob in the middle is none other than ...

Edwin Poots!

Now, I know on not the biggest follower of celebrity, but who the buggery is Edwin Poops?

Leader of the DUP for ten days, but that's not as important as whether JBR used that number. :hat:

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2021 17:42 
User avatar
Soopah red DS

Joined: 2nd Jun, 2008
Posts: 2692
Warhead wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
JBR wrote:
I was very happy to get a sneaky second parkrun of the year in (they have restarted in NI, but not yet England, Scotland or Wales).

But imagine my joy on being told that we had a celebrity in our little car park overlooking the sea, where I had headed for cake!?! Kinbane Castle, on the North Coast of Northern Ireland.

I know, the picture is terrible, so you'll have to take my word for it, but that blue blob in the middle is none other than ...

Edwin Poots!

Now, I know on not the biggest follower of celebrity, but who the buggery is Edwin Poops?

Leader of the DUP for ten days, but that's not as important as whether JBR used that number. :hat:

There is no news there.

I did collect another today; stared at a room to let in Newton Stewart (West of our quiz friend, Dumfries), walked off and found the lady who owned the house was walking towards me. She asked if I wanted to have a look, so I did. Maybe I'll move there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:52 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 23557
My old primary school was on the TV news today. I know my Ma had told me a few times that Raheem Stirling grew up on the same council housing estate I did (and where she still lives) but didn’t realise he’d been to my primary school as well. He went to school with my brothers, but was in the year below. I asked my my brothers if they knew him and one of my brothers was captain of the football team when he was playing for the school team.

I think we can all agree that my brother is responsible for his excellent career :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:09 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 16290
Location: Oxford
Excellent!

I watched the game last night and enjoyed it, especially the own goal.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:38 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 37323
Reckon Sterling was microscopic at school.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:48 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 23557
We watched it also. First football match we’ve watched in a decade. First D has ever seen.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:11 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47200
Location: Cheshire
Did you hear about the wizard that stole a tractor?

They turned it into a field.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:34 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 16593
Location: Parts unknown
MaliA wrote:
Did you hear about the wizard that stole a tractor?

They turned it into a field.


No, I didn't hear. What did they do once they got it in the field? Was it a farmers field? I hope he got his tractor back.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
:boots:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:43 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4832
Location: , Location, Location.
Mimi wrote:
We watched it also. First football match we’ve watched in a decade. First D has ever seen.

We started watching it. I fell asleep but woke up in time to see the important bit in extra time. :DD

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:45 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4832
Location: , Location, Location.
Mimi wrote:
We watched it also. First football match we’ve watched in a decade. First D has ever seen.

We started watching it. I fell asleep within about 5 mins of kickoff, but woke up in time to see the important bit in extra time. :DD

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:49 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4832
Location: , Location, Location.
Today's lunch stop is down memory lane. I was on a call in Didsbury and finished just after 12, so it's time for a break. I had to get out of the car park, so drove just around the corner and the first place I could stop was 100 yards from my infant and junior school, and on the corner of a road on which lived the cute girl who sat next to me in my final year.

I thought that being allocated seats on adjoining desks for the whole year was fate, as I'd fancied her like crazy for yonks. We got on really well, but I learned that she fancied a boy at a different school, who was a year older than us, so my hopes were dashed. Or so I thought.

We went to different secondary schools and lost touch. But then another girl, who lived at the chippy at the end of my road, went to the same school, and it transpired that cute girl hadn't made any progress with this older lad, so would look favourably on a proposal to "go out" with me. Notes were exchanged, but somehow never developed into an actual date, probably because I was backward at coming forward. So, nothing ever came of it, and years later she married the older boy.

It's a bit like an episode of Ordinary People. I feel quite strange sitting here, on the corner of the street where she lived.
Attachment:
20210708_122325.jpg


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:55 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 23557
Aw, that’s sweet! I thought you were going to say you’d just bumped into her!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:57 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47200
Location: Cheshire
She's in the back of the van

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 13:10 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4832
Location: , Location, Location.
Her husband used to frequent my father-in-law's pub. He was an electrician, presumably of the old school, because she never came in with him.

I think I've only seen her once since the 60s. I was cycling to work and she crossed the road in front of me. She didn't see me and I didn't stop for a chat.

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 13:13 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4832
Location: , Location, Location.
MaliA wrote:
She's in the back of the van


:DD :hat: :blown:

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 14:24 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 23557
Warhead wrote:
Her husband used to frequent my father-in-law's pub. He was an electrician, presumably of the old school, because she never came in with him.

I think I've only seen her once since the 60s. I was cycling to work and she crossed the road in front of me. She didn't see me and I didn't stop for a chat.

You were going to work in the 60s?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 15:36 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4832
Location: , Location, Location.
Mimi wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Her husband used to frequent my father-in-law's pub. He was an electrician, presumably of the old school, because she never came in with him.

I think I've only seen her once since the 60s. I was cycling to work and she crossed the road in front of me. She didn't see me and I didn't stop for a chat.

You were going to work in the 60s?

I'm getting my timelines mixed up. We were at junior school until about 1965, then the earth cooled, the dinosaurs came, I started work in 1972, got married in 1975 and some time after that, probably in the 80s, I saw her crossing the road and also saw her husband in the pub around that time, both of which are "since the 60s."

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 15:40 
User avatar
ugvm'er at heart...

Joined: 4th Mar, 2010
Posts: 21793


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 15:43 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 37323
I had a slightly similar experience recently when I went back up to Middlesbrough. My brother and I had just been for a ("Cup of tea" - Ed) near the train station and as we were leaving the ("Tea shop" - Ed) I saw the girl that I was madly in love with in High School walking down the road from the station.

I didn't shout out to her or anything, as that would be weird, but it was nice to see her after a quarter of a century :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 15:43 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 23557
Warhead wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Her husband used to frequent my father-in-law's pub. He was an electrician, presumably of the old school, because she never came in with him.

I think I've only seen her once since the 60s. I was cycling to work and she crossed the road in front of me. She didn't see me and I didn't stop for a chat.

You were going to work in the 60s?

I'm getting my timelines mixed up. We were at junior school until about 1965, then the earth cooled, the dinosaurs came, I started work in 1972, got married in 1975 and some time after that, probably in the 80s, I saw her crossing the road and also saw her husband in the pub around that time, both of which are "since the 60s."

:D This makes more sense!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 16:21 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4832
Location: , Location, Location.
Trooper wrote:

You twigged the allusion.

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 16:25 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47200
Location: Cheshire
DavPaz wrote:
I had a slightly similar experience recently when I went back up to Middlesbrough. My brother and I had just been for a ("Cup of tea" - Ed) near the train station and as we were leaving the ("Tea shop" - Ed) I saw the girl that I was madly in love with in High School walking down the road from the station.

I didn't shout out to her or anything, as that would be weird, but it was nice to see her after a quarter of a century :)


"Won't it be strange when we're all fully grown? Be there, two o'clock, by the fountain down the road"

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2021 17:15 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3932
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
I had a slightly similar experience recently when I went back up to Middlesbrough. My brother and I had just been for a ("Cup of tea" - Ed) near the train station and as we were leaving the ("Tea shop" - Ed) I saw the girl that I was madly in love with in High School walking down the road from the station.

I didn't shout out to her or anything, as that would be weird, but it was nice to see her after a quarter of a century :)


"Won't it be strange when we're all fully grown? Be there, two o'clock, by the fountain down the road"


I hated that song in the 90s. But now I realise, if you actually listen to it, if you don't allow it to be that big hit song you've heard a million times before, it is actually the best, most magical song ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 13:15 
Best
User avatar
Board Mother

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11053
Location: Mount Olympus
I thought it was at least 15:30. :facepalm:

_________________
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
GJ is right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 13:50 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 23557
MaliA wrote:
Won't it be strange when we're all fully grown? Be there, two o'clock


Goddess Jasmine wrote:
I thought it was at least 15:30. :facepalm:


And so ended the legend of Disco 2000, with our two heroes never meeting by the fountain down the road. MaliA had put his fancy suit on and everything.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2021 13:50 
Best
User avatar
Board Mother

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11053
Location: Mount Olympus
:D

_________________
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
GJ is right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:41 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47200
Location: Cheshire
Happy Bastille Day, where a request for some guns at a prison turned into a lengthy lunch sadly ruined when some others turned up shooting, not having got the memo that there was lunch. There's a subplot about some guy with a wallpaper factory but I can't recall that right now. The wallpaper guy had something to do with hot air balloons, too. Got 1km up over Paris

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 10:08 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 16290
Location: Oxford
Wasn't it pretty empty by then anyway?

Did it disrupt the finale of that year's Tour?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:32 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48858
TIL there's a team of people that travel the route ahead of The Tour and turn spray painted cocks into flowers and butterflies before the people and cameras arrive

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 11:37 
User avatar
Hibernating Druid

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48428
Location: Standing on your mother's Porsche
When life gives you cocks, make cockaid them into butterflies.

_________________
SD&DG Illustrated! Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 12:08 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4832
Location: , Location, Location.
Cras wrote:
TIL there's a team of people that travel the route ahead of The Tour and turn spray painted cocks into flowers and butterflies before the people and cameras arrive

They also kill and bury early spectators with big cardboard placards bearing the legend "Hi Mum and Dad," in their own language, in shallow, unmarked graves.

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 13:15 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3932
Common Sense Media - the online home of relatively objective reviews of culture, from a family-oriented perspective. i.e. is this film suitable for my child.

I'm not convinced by this reviewer. The naivety of his profile, and his frankly lax approach to video game gradings, makes me think it's a child masquerading as an adult, trying to generate evidence he can take to his parents.

Or perhaps Doom Eternal is deemed to be suitable for 9 year olds. I definitely wouldn't let my 9 yo play it.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 16:14 
Best
User avatar
Board Mother

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11053
Location: Mount Olympus
The username made me shudder.

_________________
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
GJ is right.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2021 22:47 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 23557
TIL that brown sugar is made by adding molasses back into completely refined white sugar. 8)

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:58 
User avatar
gooby pls

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 13334
Location: Shropshire, UK
Jokes about white sugar are pretty common, but jokes about brown sugar... demarara.

_________________
Mostly pointless witterings of a fool. gazchap.com
Source Design - Graphic Design and Web Design Shropshire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:01 
Awesome
User avatar
Yes

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11976
GazChap wrote:
Jokes about white sugar are pretty common, but jokes about brown sugar... demarara.

Oh my!

_________________
Always proof read carefully in case you any words out


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:14 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 23557
OMG. I read that joke a few days ago and couldn’t think of anywhere to use it, and now I’ve lost the only chance I will ever have. I’ve been GAZumped.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:17 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 21466
Location: shropshire, uk
Oh .... :)

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 13:23 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4832
Location: , Location, Location.
Today's lunchtime broadcast is brought to you from The Trafford Centre. If you hate shopping, this place is to be avoided at all costs. In fact, if you like shopping, the same applies.

Attachment:
20210715_131328.jpg


I'm one of the sensible folk, who have parked in the shade of a tree. Beneath the next tree, another engineer in another van. We have experience, we have tricks and tips, we always park at lunch time with the sun behind us, if possible. But I'm not here for shopping, I'm here to swap out a Hand Held Terminal at M&S, which is what I'll do after my break.

I was back in Didsbury at lunch time yesterday, so parked in the same spot as I did last week, but a friendly council clamping occifer advised me that I couldn't park there, just as he'd stopped to clamp another miscreant's vehicle, so I thanked him and went round the bend to a shady avenue with unrestricted parking.

Not outside the cute girl's house, honest. No, really.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 13:35 
User avatar
Hibernating Druid

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48428
Location: Standing on your mother's Porsche
I haven't missed going there! Bloody awful before the pandemic.

Can you get me a fresh box of Krispy Kreme donuts from round the corner though please x

_________________
SD&DG Illustrated! Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 13:42 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 37323
I'm not a fan of the Trafford Centre. Used to love the Metro Centre up near Newcastle when I were a nipper though. Probably because of MetroLand! Indoor Rollercoaster, baby!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 14:11 
User avatar
Hibernating Druid

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48428
Location: Standing on your mother's Porsche
I used to like the Trafford Centre at first when it had diverse set of shops (RIP Awesome model shop) but now its the same old shit you see on any high street, well, apart from charity shops and bookies.

_________________
SD&DG Illustrated! Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 14:36 
User avatar
Sitting balls-back folder

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9542
I've always hated the Trafford centre (I despise shopping, so no surprise really :D) Back in the days we worked at the same place on Salford quays we'd occasionally go for pizza express on the way home but it was very definitely parking near the nearest entrance for a swiftest-possible get in and out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 15:14 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 16593
Location: Parts unknown
Sounds very similar to the Merry Hill shopping centre near me. Terrible place.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 15:28 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 23557
It’s nothing like Merry Hill. Trafford Centre is twenty times worse than Merry Hill, which is quaint in its own way. Merry Hill is relatively small, even if it’s a bit of a confusing shape. Merry Hill is also not too crowded or noisy, whereas Trafford Centre is just evil.

Nothing beats Brent Cross, which is just calm and lovely.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 16:32 
User avatar
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Joined: 18th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11725
Brent cross is not calm and in no way lovely, but the Trafford centre is hell on earth.

_________________
No, it was a giant robot castle!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 16:48 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 10167
Location: Devon
I try to avoid shopping centers where I can, but I have to go to one, it's either within an hour of them opening on a weekend, or between 10:00 - 11:00 or 14:00 - 15:00 on a week day (avoiding pre work/school, lunch and post work/school rush times).

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 51
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2021 17:58 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 23557
Bobbyaro wrote:
Brent cross is not calm and in no way lovely, but the Trafford centre is hell on earth.

Man, I love Brent Cross. It is the calmest shopping centre I have ever been in. Maybe because I’ve been going there for over forty years so it’s the most familiar, but also because it isn’t so large that it’s overwhelming. Start at Fenwicks, take in a few shops on the way to John Lewis, and done. Always stop at WHSmith as it’s the law. I used to work at Brent Cross and it’s always felt calm there. Apart from when I thought I was trapped inside the wooden tortoise outside Waitrose…

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 1406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen. RIP, MrC.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.