Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 1760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 13:57 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48613
Firebreak as a term does make a lot more sense than circuit breaker

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 14:11 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15855
I think either of them make some sense or none at all if you overthink it. You could think of the chains of transmission like circuits except it's not really a circuit. The concept of a firebreak is where you kill a load of the as yet unburnt trees to protect the rest.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 14:12 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 15587
Location: Oxford
Wales is famous for its dragons, after all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 14:21 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 11128
markg wrote:
The concept of a firebreak is where you kill a load of the as yet unburnt trees to protect the rest.


I wouldn't say that, it's just a gap large enough such that fire doesn't spread. Killing stuff to make the gap isn't neccesarily part of the concept.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 14:30 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15855
Bamba wrote:
markg wrote:
The concept of a firebreak is where you kill a load of the as yet unburnt trees to protect the rest.


I wouldn't say that, it's just a gap large enough such that fire doesn't spread. Killing stuff to make the gap isn't neccesarily part of the concept.

Well since we're going to fully torture the analogy I'd say it is in this context. If you're talking about creating a firebreak during a raging fire then that's what you'd be doing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 14:40 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 11128
markg wrote:
Bamba wrote:
markg wrote:
The concept of a firebreak is where you kill a load of the as yet unburnt trees to protect the rest.


I wouldn't say that, it's just a gap large enough such that fire doesn't spread. Killing stuff to make the gap isn't neccesarily part of the concept.

Well since we're going to fully torture the analogy I'd say it is in this context. If you're talking about creating a firebreak during a raging fire then that's what you'd be doing.


Unless we're talking about killing people to stop more getting infected then it seems like that's further away from the current context. Not that any of this matters of course.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 14:48 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15855
I don't know what the trees are in the analogy but I'm going to say normality. So we're sacrificing some normaility now for more of it later. Or something.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 14:50 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15855
I think Cummings already proposed the killing people idea but there were some worries about keeping the Daily Mail on side.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 14:55 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46480
Location: Cheshire
Eyam considering more analogies.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 16:29 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3663
MaliA wrote:
Eyam considering more analogies.


:D

I think that must have been the school trip we were taken on the most.

Where should we take the children this term? I know, the plague village.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 17:00 
User avatar
sneering elitist

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 3193
Location: Broseley
Have realised this afternoon couresty of Facebook that I'm the only person actually isolating my child from the affected year group and all other parents are treating it as an extended half term and are off visiting tourist spots etc.

("all" might be an exaggeration but it sure as shit feels like it)

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 17:15 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 55208
Location: Liberty City
My friend’s sister went on a caravan holiday with five other mates from different households recently. She’s now tested positive. She visited her mother at the weekend who has serious respiratory conditions.

You can imagine she’s somewhat contrite now.

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 17:26 
User avatar
sneering elitist

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 3193
Location: Broseley
Mr Chonks wrote:
My friend’s sister went on a caravan holiday with five other mates from different households recently. She’s now tested positive. She visited her mother at the weekend who has serious respiratory conditions.

You can imagine she’s somewhat contrite now.

Fuuuuck 8)

Did have some (related) good news today though - the child that had the positive test in Olly's class wasn't in school on the Monday, so last contact was the Friday prior, which meant his isolation period was already well underway by the time we found out. Means they can go to their Dad's this weekend (unless someone else from the class tests positive between now and then) :DD

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 18:48 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 16173
Location: Parts unknown
Jem wrote:
Have realised this afternoon couresty of Facebook that I'm the only person actually isolating my child from the affected year group and all other parents are treating it as an extended half term and are off visiting tourist spots etc.

("all" might be an exaggeration but it sure as shit feels like it)


I felt like this during lock down. It seemed that everyone was going about their lives as normal apart from me... Sitting at my window, watching them all have fun.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 20:38 
User avatar
Skillmeister

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 25934
Location: Felelagedge Wedgebarge, The River Tib
Wife negative! Weight off my mind.

_________________
Washing Machine: Fine. Kettle: Needs De-scaling. Shower: Brand new. Boiler: Fine.
Archimedes Hotdog Rhubarb Niner Zero Niner.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 21:00 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 22275
Thank goodness. Love to you both x

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2020 22:31 
User avatar
Level 2 Wood Gimp

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46795
Location: In a damp cave
Good to hear x

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:50 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 20500
Location: shropshire, uk
Great news Dimril.

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:06 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46480
Location: Cheshire
Excellent to hear.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:25 
User avatar
sneering elitist

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 3193
Location: Broseley
Great news :)

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 13:55 
User avatar
gooby pls

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 13010
Location: Shropshire, UK
Dimrill wrote:
Wife negative! Weight off my mind.

Glad I checked what thread we were in because I thought you were talking about a divorce completing or something to begin with!

Good news, though :) (the negative test result, of course)

_________________
Mostly pointless witterings of a fool. gazchap.com
Source Design - Graphic Design and Web Design Shropshire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 17:48 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46480
Location: Cheshire
£22 million.

Fucking hell.
What cunts.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 17:49 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 3663
https://twitter.com/garius/status/1318594024677216256




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2020 18:54 
User avatar
Soopah red DS

Joined: 2nd Jun, 2008
Posts: 2346
MaliA wrote:
£22 million.

Fucking hell.
What cunts.


£400 million on a failing satellite firm that (almost certainly) won't be able to create a new GB GPS system.

Stack enough failures on top of each other and we'll all be left dizzy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 14:54 
User avatar
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Joined: 31st Mar, 2008
Posts: 5713
Just been told we can WFH until June 2021. Strongly suspect I'll never go back to full time office work now - it's worked well enough like this that I'll think they'll try to save some cash on real estate.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 15:18 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 11128
Squirt wrote:
Just been told we can WFH until June 2021. Strongly suspect I'll never go back to full time office work now - it's worked well enough like this that I'll think they'll try to save some cash on real estate.


My company broke ground on a brand new Glasgow HQ building just before everything went to shit and I suspect they're massively regretting that now. Our current buildings are all rented so no real issue there, but this will be wholly owned so a bit unfortunate in that regard!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 16:59 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4310
Location: , Location, Location.
MaliA wrote:
£22 million.

Fucking hell.
What cunts.

It's back up to £60m now.

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:25 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 22275
We got the following message today (which I am surprised by as we haven’t been anywhere together, only separately (and then just the school, so maybe we’ve both been near the same person at school).

Anyway, the message just appeared briefly as these notifications, but then they disappeared almost immediately. There doesn’t seem to be any history of them in the app... or am I missing something?

Also, it sent both the ‘possible exposure’ and ‘nah, don’t worry about it’ messages at the same time, so if the danger was assessed and found to be negligible, why send the notifications at all?


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:34 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 20500
Location: shropshire, uk
The notification might be automatic, but I get you point.

but I am more interested in organic dried curry leaves, what are you cooking :)

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:55 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 22275
KovacsC wrote:
The notification might be automatic, but I get you point.

Oh, yes, I think it is. I just thought it odd that it was a) so fleeting (being as you only see it when you pick your phone up in the morning) and b) that they send you a notification to say (essentially) ‘danger situation’ and ‘not a danger situation’ simultaneously. I kind of understand that more, in that maybe as much information as possible is a good thing, but at the same time, if that’s the case, why have they made it so that you can never see that notification again?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 9:58 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 22275
KovacsC wrote:
but I am more interested in organic dried curry leaves, what are you cooking :)


Well, curries :D

Darwin loves curries, so I make a lot of them (mekhani dhal, dhal tadka, various other things) but I also use them in my pilaf, so I use lots of them, and I find them difficult to source (though I have noticed Ocado finally have them in).

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:26 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 20500
Location: shropshire, uk
Mimi wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
but I am more interested in organic dried curry leaves, what are you cooking :)


Well, curries :D

Darwin loves curries, so I make a lot of them (mekhani dhal, dhal tadka, various other things) but I also use them in my pilaf, so I use lots of them, and I find them difficult to source (though I have noticed Ocado finally have them in).


Fab :) George has finally started to like food with flavour.

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:36 
User avatar
Sitting balls-back folder

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9367
Mimi wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
but I am more interested in organic dried curry leaves, what are you cooking :)


Well, curries :D

Darwin loves curries, so I make a lot of them (mekhani dhal, dhal tadka, various other things) but I also use them in my pilaf, so I use lots of them, and I find them difficult to source (though I have noticed Ocado finally have them in).

https://kiranastore.co.uk/products/drie ... wEQAvD_BwE


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 16:30 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 27th Sep, 2009
Posts: 876
US Coronavirus cases have now hit a record high, more than 85,000 were diagnosed yesterday, Friday 23rd:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/1 ... s-quickly/

the death toll could reach 500,000 by February 2021.

And I thought it was bad over here ......

On a related matter, Trump's lies over the Coronavirus have been widespread, and they are all nicely catalogued at the following site which also lists all of his other atrocities (collusions, corruption and crimes):

https://www.mcsweeneys.net/articles/the ... ties-1-944


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 16:39 
User avatar
Decapodian

Joined: 15th Oct, 2010
Posts: 4173
My next door neighbour’s parents are Welsh. Wales started their Lockdown yesterday at 6pm, so obviously they had come to the Midlands to visit.....

I do wonder how much of the governments modelling takes real world levels of compliance into account.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2020 22:39 
8-Bit Champion
User avatar
Two heads are better than one

Joined: 16th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14143
Mimi wrote:
Anyway, the message just appeared briefly as these notifications, but then they disappeared almost immediately. There doesn’t seem to be any history of them in the app... or am I missing something?


So i don't really trust the notification stuff at all - and its on my phone and i've never had any pop ups , however my girlfriend has twice now - the first time she got the first pop up you had (warning) - did not really take it all in but clicked it and it went into the app and there was no way to read it or check anything about it
About 30 minutes later she got the 'all clear' message
The second time she was more aware so screenshotted the first message and it was the same 'all clear' afterwards

The only time either of us have been out the house recently is to walk the dog , we're both walking her - twice a day and we will both be passing by (at as much of a distance as we can) the same people - however they system has decided that she was close enough to be warned about something twice and I've not had anything


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 0:15 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 13817
You have the virus.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 16:30 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 22275
zaphod79 wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Anyway, the message just appeared briefly as these notifications, but then they disappeared almost immediately. There doesn’t seem to be any history of them in the app... or am I missing something?


So i don't really trust the notification stuff at all - and its on my phone and i've never had any pop ups , however my girlfriend has twice now - the first time she got the first pop up you had (warning) - did not really take it all in but clicked it and it went into the app and there was no way to read it or check anything about it
About 30 minutes later she got the 'all clear' message
The second time she was more aware so screenshotted the first message and it was the same 'all clear' afterwards

The only time either of us have been out the house recently is to walk the dog , we're both walking her - twice a day and we will both be passing by (at as much of a distance as we can) the same people - however they system has decided that she was close enough to be warned about something twice and I've not had anything

I’ve just had the same two notifications pop up again. Just me this time, though. It’s at least very disconcerting, verging on stressful.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 16:42 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46480
Location: Cheshire
I'd weigh up the stress the app is causing against the harm of it not being installed.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 16:49 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 55208
Location: Liberty City
I didn’t bother installing it as I have almost zero contact with people, and the only place Sal goes is the hospital where she works, and they have their own test and trace system to manage outbreaks.

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 16:49 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 22275
@MaliA I’m trying to do exactly that, but it’s tough. I do have severe anxiety that I try my best to keep going through, but these past few months have been *tough*.

I guess I do not see the point of telling people ‘possible danger, do nothing’.

Again, the two notifications came through at the same time, so if the risk was negligible, why even display it, if they have the information that no action was needed? I believe the right thing to do for the community as a whole is keep it, but the better thing for me personally would be to delete it, but I will keep it as that is the ‘greater’ good, I am aware.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 16:52 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 36699
Probably someone coming within Bluetooth range. You live in an upstairs flat, right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 17:05 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 20500
Location: shropshire, uk
Some one at the tri club has had a positive test result. We have policies in place, for this.

The committee are not happy as it means suspending sessions. Plot twist, they all signed off the policies.

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 17:24 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 22275
DavPaz wrote:
Probably someone coming within Bluetooth range. You live in an upstairs flat, right?

I live in a middle flat of a three floor block. Both the chaps in the flats above and below me work at the hospital. I did wonder if this could have been setting it off, but when this was bought up as a concern they said that the Bluetooth signal was not strong enough to work through walls, etc.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 17:25 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 36699
Bluetooth will travel through walls. My neighbour has an open Bluetooth speaker that I can "see" all over our house


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 17:26 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48613
Basically they screwed up by only implementing the first message which is stupidly vague and unhelpful. They 'fixed' it by adding the second message, saying basically "everything fine here". What they should have then done is removed the pointless first message.

Quote:
Probably someone coming within Bluetooth range. You live in an upstairs flat, right?


Bluetooth LE is unlikely to reach through floors and walls.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 17:28 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 36699
Unlikely, not impossible


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 17:33 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48613
Don't forget bluetooth LE is lower power than what's used for speakers/headphones

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 17:52 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 22275
Cras wrote:
Basically they screwed up by only implementing the first message which is stupidly vague and unhelpful. They 'fixed' it by adding the second message, saying basically "everything fine here". What they should have then done is removed the pointless first message.

That makes sense. In that case, though, they really need to implement something whereby they only send the first message if the assessment in the second message is found to be significant enough to send the alerts, as both times it’s happened now (and once to Russell also) they’ve come through at the exact same second.

It would also be handy to know the metrics they are using to make the assessment.

The only things I can find on the internet Say that the signal strength is used to gauge approximate exposure of standing within 2m of someone for (and here it gets really woolly) 10 or 15 minutes but that these limits are ‘tweakable’ according to changing information on how the virus is spreading.

Now, I’ve only left the house three days this week, to do the school run. Each time I’ve walked past people for seconds, dropped Darwin off/picked him up, and left. You are there seconds, rather than minutes. Certainly I’ve not been static or near someone for 5 minutes at any time.

Relatedly, masks have been mandatory for parents and carers at the school grounds since Monday. I would say (and obviously this is all my own observation and nothing more) maybe 1 in 15 women were wearing one before they were made mandatory, and about three quarters of men, and the difference seemed huge.

The day it was made mandatory it was like the men all had some secret meeting where they decided that they would wear the no longer. EVERY man I saw on the first two days was without. In fact, at the beginning of the week it was only about 1 in 10 that wore one.

Around Thursday, after repeated reminders and pleas more people have started wearing them, but I’m so intrigued by those that actively stopped. One of the fathers I see every say has worn one since the start, but this past week, nothing. I wish I had it in me to ask some of them why.

I also don’t understand how, when there’s been a clearly marked one-way system in place from the start, that 97% of people stick to, how anyone has got that streak of whatever it is in themselves to every day get them and their kids to walk past every single other person, squeeze past them all (because the fences-in pathways are narrow) and just decide that they will be the one person who just ‘won’t’. I’d be too embarrassed if nothing else.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Coronavirus
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2020 18:02 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 22275
DavPaz wrote:
Bluetooth will travel through walls. My neighbour has an open Bluetooth speaker that I can "see" all over our house

Do you play music on it?

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 1760 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kern, Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.