Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Outlook Query
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 13:14 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 19565
Location: shropshire, uk
Just been asked by a colleague, if there is a way to change the font, for any mails sent by the customer.

I can see a way though conditional formatting, from a specific email address but not from @customer.com

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Outlook Query
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 13:22 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48267
I don't believe so, no. What a weird thing to want to do. Unless the customer always emails in an odd font or something.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Outlook Query
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 13:26 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 35810
Anything but plain text email is deviancy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Outlook Query
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 14:55 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 19565
Location: shropshire, uk
Cras wrote:
I don't believe so, no. What a weird thing to want to do. Unless the customer always emails in an odd font or something.



It is one of our Project managers that keeps missing customer emails... wanted in RED!! so they stand out.

we can use @ but then that us all external emails

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Outlook Query
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 14:59 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45882
Location: The erogenous zone
Could you set up incoming mail to get customers messages flagged with a colour instead?

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Outlook Query
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 15:02 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 67514
Location: Your Mum
You can certainly set a filter to flag them as important.

Or, you know, tell the PM to read their fucking emails.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Outlook Query
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 15:31 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48267
KovacsC wrote:
Cras wrote:
I don't believe so, no. What a weird thing to want to do. Unless the customer always emails in an odd font or something.



It is one of our Project managers that keeps missing customer emails... wanted in RED!! so they stand out.

we can use @ but then that us all external emails


I don't see how changing the font does that. What would make sense would be to use an inbox rule to assign it to a category which colour codes it - and you can then display the category in the message list.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Outlook Query
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 15:35 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 67514
Location: Your Mum
Or move it to a folder marked "READ THESE, NOB/LADY-NOB".

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Outlook Query
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 18:09 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 19565
Location: shropshire, uk
Grim... wrote:
You can certainly set a filter to flag them as important.

Or, you know, tell the PM to read their fucking emails.


'too busy' apparently :)

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Outlook Query
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 18:21 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 67514
Location: Your Mum
Piss off.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Outlook Query
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 18:45 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48267
If the project manager can't do their job, get a different one.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Outlook Query
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 20:09 
User avatar
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Joined: 31st Mar, 2008
Posts: 5580
Emails appear to be about 90% of the jobs of the project managers I have worked alongside. The other 10% being creating Gant charts that are out of date before anyone else gets to even look at them.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Outlook Query
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 22:04 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 53900
Location: Liberty City
That company’s PMs are absolutely dreadful, no doubt about it. I ended up doing parts of their job even though it wasn’t in my remit, just because things wouldn’t get done otherwise

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Outlook Query
PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2020 0:02 
User avatar
ugvm'er at heart...

Joined: 4th Mar, 2010
Posts: 21186
I was listed as a project manager on an attendee list for a workshop, I can't think of a time at work when I was more offended.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Columbo, devilman, Joans and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.