Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 3919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 79  Next
 Post subject: Re: Animal Crossing Switch
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 9:28 

There’s a link to the classifieds thread in the first post of this one, @dimrill, if you’re struggling to find it xx

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:07 
Excellent Member

I did not know that and I was having trouble finding it and I loved that Dimrill bumped the thread :D

turnips are 95 on my island today if that helps anyone, gates are open, also for Tyrant!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:37 
Excellent Member

can someone tell me about how it works with villagers?
I have 8 villagers, I like them all, I think I could get more plots from Tom Nook (?) but I haven't so far as I thought this was nice
now there is a cool looking eagle lady in my campsite
if I invite her to live on the island, I assume one of my current would leave? Is it a gamble on who, or do I have some say? Because in the 8 there are a few I would absolutely not want to loose

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:49 
Bee enthusiast.

miki wrote:
I have 8 villagers, I like them all, I think I could get more plots from Tom Nook (?) but I haven't so far as I thought this was nice
if I invite her to live on the island, I assume one of my current would leave? Is it a gamble on who, or do I have some say? Because in the 8 there are a few I would absolutely not want to loose

I think the max villager count is 9 or 10. You can't invite someone if you don't have a plot available and the game won't forcibly kick out a villager that would be mean. So you need to build those extra plots or wait for a villager to get sick of you and move out. If someone is moving out you have to wait for the plot to be back to sticks and a fence before it is available to use.

Edit* also if you have an empty plot for longer than a day a random villager will move in, and you will be again stuck with someone until they move. Don't leave plots empty!

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 10:58 
Comfortably Dumb

Gate is open for the morning

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 3649135616

Turnips are 98, so not as cheap as on Miki's island.

I too have a visitor on my campsite, but I've forgotten to speak to them yet. :)

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:10 

vickypineapple wrote:
miki wrote:

I think the max villager count is 9 or 10. You can't invite someone if you don't have a plot available and the game won't forcibly kick out a villager that would be mean. So you need to build those extra plots or wait for a villager to get sick of you and move out. If someone is moving out you have to wait for the plot to be back to sticks and a fence before it is available to use.

Edit* also if you have an empty plot for longer than a day a random villager will move in, and you will be again stuck with someone until they move. Don't leave plots empty!

Hmm, Not quite in my experience. Ive got ten villagers. I’ve twice had people turn up at my campsite that I liked, and they’ve hinted that they’d like to move to my island, I’ve said why not move in, then they play the card game. If you guess right they go and speak to Nook, then come back saying there is no room, but have I heard of anyone who might be moving? Did I think maybe _X_ villager might be thinking of leaving. I then can choose ‘go and ask!’ or ‘nope’ (or words to that effect) depending on if I want to retain the original islander. If I say yes to asking (which I have both times as they’ve chosen my grumpy islanders) then the old islander starts packing up immediately. They’re gone the next day and the plot stays empty for one day and then the new islander moves in.

@miki, as you only have eight islanders I think you’d just be given the opportunity to add a ninth house.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:10 
Excellent Member

but mikis island is an hour ahead so turnip lady is gone now

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:12 
Excellent Member

thanks mimi, so you do get a choice to say no if you want to keep the villager they want to replace, that is reassuring

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:25 

miki wrote:
thanks mimi, so you do get a choice to say no if you want to keep the villager they want to replace, that is reassuring

In my experience, yes, but you can have up to ten so you’ve got room for two more :)

I should have also said that you might have to speak to the camper over and over and over until they mention moving in. Also, if you don’t win the card game the first time around you can keep talking to them until you do. My first time trying to invite one of my anteater chums I must have played about ten tunes before I won.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:54 
Bee enthusiast.

Mimi wrote:
vickypineapple wrote:
miki wrote:

Hmm, Not quite in my experience. Ive got ten villagers. I’ve twice had people turn up at my campsite that I liked, and they’ve hinted that they’d like to move to my island, I’ve said why not move in, then they play the card game. If you guess right they go and speak to Nook, then come back saying there is no room, but have I heard of anyone who might be moving? Did I think maybe _X_ villager might be thinking of leaving. I then can choose ‘go and ask!’ or ‘nope’ (or words to that effect) depending on if I want to retain the original islander. If I say yes to asking (which I have both times as they’ve chosen my grumpy islanders) then the old islander starts packing up immediately. They’re gone the next day and the plot stays empty for one day and then the new islander moves in.

@miki, as you only have eight islanders I think you’d just be given the opportunity to add a ninth house.

I have had two villagers at my campsite this week and neither want to play a game, they just said they didn't want to move here. For context I haven't physically spoken to my ugly villager in two weeks so its not like people love me haha, also my town is 5 stars whats not to like :(

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 11:58 

I’ve never had anyone say they actively didn’t want to move in. Did they keep saying that if you spoke to them over and over? I really had to stand there and tanner away a lot before they suggested moving in... though at no point did either of mine say they actively disliked the idea of moving to the island, they were just going on about kayaking or some such.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:08 
Excellent Member

Ive had a camper going on about wanting to move but being missed to much at their old home and they did not change their mind even after much talking

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:17 
Bee enthusiast.

miki wrote:
Ive had a camper going on about wanting to move but being missed to much at their old home and they did not change their mind even after much talking

Yeh this is what I had. They would eventually sell me furniture or something but that was it.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:21 
Comfortably Dumb

I've only won one card game against a camper before and I won her shirt. There should have been a 'beat an elephant at strip poker' stamp.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 12:47 

The only camper I’ve not had move in was Dimrill’s ex-islander, Hippeaux. When He started suggesting he’d been thinking about moving somewhere just like Sheppey I told him ‘good luck with that’ rather than ‘why not move here’ :D.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 15:43 
Excellent Member

Hey all!

I actually walked away from this game for an entire six days, after putting some big sessions in. Came back to guilt trips from the other islanders and a whole bunch of weeding. Who cares though, right - as after a big switcheroo and terraforming session today I'm another step further on my grand design for the island. Only to probably discover that everything is one square too far to the right or something when it's all finally done. Just started speculating in the stalk market for the first time, too!

I have my tenth and last villager arriving tomorrow. Who will it be? Hopefully no one terrifying. SUSPENSE.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 16:05 
sneering elitist

re: campsite moving thing - I invited a camper to move in to an empty slot but didn't have to win the card game.

Octavian (weird octopus thing) has said today he's going to move so I've told him to go in case anyone wants to chat him up and invite him to move in. He's a bit grumpy though.

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 18:50 
Comfortably Dumb

devilman wrote:
I've only won one card game against a camper before and I won her shirt. There should have been a 'beat an elephant at strip poker' stamp.

I have now progressed to winning full-body tights from penguins.

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 8845758464

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2020 19:32 
Excellent Member

lol!

I did buy an extra plot and I did have to play cards for her but I won and now the eagle lady is moving in!

@Devilman, I dont think I said it enough, but the robot is awesome and mostly his laser eyes are amazing!

@pete, do you need anything for your big plans? can we help?

a girl I know finally got her switch online thing together and came over and I was excited to help, then I found out she had taken things without asking and without me knowing
I understand I was her first place to visit but surely you don't need explaining that you need to ask not take?
with all the ppl I've met Ive never had this happen, every single person has been super nice and friendly and polite, I was baffled

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 0:11 

I think there’s generally an etiquette, yes, and I think most people would understand that they should ask first. I’m sorry about that, it can be a bit jarring when it happens.

Is there anything missing that we can help with? Any flowers or other things I could bring over?

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 7:27 

Here’s the AC Wiki bit on inviting campers. Scroll down to the ‘random campers’ bit as the preceding paragraphs relate to inviting via amiibo

https://tinyurl.com/Campsitenh

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 9:20 
Excellent Member

thanks mimi, no it's ok stuff wise, the fruit will grow back and the things I can replace - it's just the unexpectedness of this and I know this girl irl (and her husband and kids) and I was giving her fruit from my storage and she didn't say "oh I shook the trees already" but just accepted the fruit. also some other weirdness where I crafted her things she already had - never mind
did you ever find out who took the fruit from your island that time?

thanks for the link xx I think my new eagle lady is called Celia I will start the game shortly to see if she is there :)

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:19 

Nope. I just thought it odd, I suspect as you are feeling. If you have any flowers, etc that need replacing just say and I’ll have a (literal) dug through my flower beds and bring some over x

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:26 
Excellent Member

thanks for your sweet offer mimi, but Im ok for flowers :)

@Dimrill thank you for your gift! it's not necessary but much appreciated :kiss:

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:31 
sneering elitist

Sorry I missed you this morning Mimi, I had to upload some docs for a client.

Kevin is crafting a beekeepers hive this morning, if anyone needs it. I don't think it'll be long before he stops though!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 10:32 
Comfortably Dumb

Gate is open again
https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 8240407555

Saharah is around too.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 11:41 

One of my gym gorillas was really thrilled with my surprise gift to him this morning: a shiny new portaloo. Might see how the utlity pole goes down with the snooty anteater later.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:12 
Excellent Member

haha and here I am agonizing over what gift to give to my islanders :D

I used to have the snooty anteater!
Katie kept saying I was mean about not liking him because he was snooty
turned out she didn't know what that word meant and thought I didn't like him because he had a big snoot/snout :hug:

edit: also how many gym gorillas do you have?!

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 12:28 

Al and Louie

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 20:40 

Try and listen for the actual cogs of incomprehension whirring in my real-life brain.

https://twitter.com/AC_mimipics/status/ ... 2781041665

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2020 21:25 
Gogmagog

And we're off with this.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 8:21 
Skillmeister

Thank you Meemlebops and Jem for the recipes. :)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:01 
Comfortably Dumb

Gate is open again. I've noticed the last two or three days, the game has reported my internet connection dropping, so apologies for that; no idea if it's the game, the switch, Nintendo or my internet but hopefully it'll stay up today

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 1054022656

Redd is finally around too although I've not had a look at what he has yet.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:19 
Skillmeister

devilman wrote:
Redd is finally around too although I've not had a look at what he has yet.

All three paintings on the back wall are genuine. That's the Common, Moody, and Flowery ones. The Academic one at the front's fake.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:40 

@devilman, I’m in your town. Do you want me to try and buy one of your real paintings and post it to you when it arrives?

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:41 
sneering elitist

Still no sign of Redd for me. :'( Had to get my sister to send me the willy statue I was after :DD

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:42 
Participant in dramatic games

I'll try to be around in 25 mins

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:45 
Comfortably Dumb

Mimi wrote:
@devilman, I’m in your town. Do you want me to try and buy one of your real paintings and post it to you when it arrives?

I should have added - anyone can just buy any painting they want; I'm not precious about buying anything for myself :)

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 9:59 

devilman wrote:
Mimi wrote:

I should have added - anyone can just buy any painting they want; I'm not precious about buying anything for myself :)

Aw, haha! I realised I was on your island without a ladder after I typed that last message. I’ve bought the one on the back left, so I can send you that for your museum if you don’t already have it (fidget even think to check that). I quite fancied the Vitruvian (sp?) Man for my study even though it was a fake.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:21 
Comfortably Dumb

Mimi wrote:
devilman wrote:
Mimi wrote:

Aw, haha! I realised I was on your island without a ladder after I typed that last message. I’ve bought the one on the back left, so I can send you that for your museum if you don’t already have it (fidget even think to check that). I quite fancied the Vitruvian (sp?) Man for my study even though it was a fake.

If there's anything left later, I'll probably buy it for myself (fake or otherwise), so I'm happy for anyone to buy one they fancy first.

I did wonder if I can build an incline to make it easier to get to that beach - might be worth trashing one of my existing ones to do so.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:22 
sneering elitist

Still annoyed you only get 8 inclines.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:36 
Participant in dramatic games

Any chance you can reopen gates. I was on my wat but then switcch switch between router and extender when going to the attic

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 11:56 
Excellent Member

I think the art doesn't disappear like big goods so it can be sold multiple times?
I haven't had much experience with Redd yet, but I had bought a painting but it was still available to buy when Jem visited my island

I did make an incline to Redds beach, but he hasn't been back...

EDIT: I was wrong, they have sold signs - Devilman let me know if you would like the painting for your museum! I will bring it to Flump when I get it in the post.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:00 
Comfortably Dumb

romanista wrote:
Any chance you can reopen gates. I was on my wat but then switcch switch between router and extender when going to the attic

Open again now. :)

At least I got to see a different error now

https://twitter.com/underlogic_sw/statu ... 1936126979

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:03 
sneering elitist

miki wrote:
I think the art doesn't disappear like big goods so it can be sold multiple times?
I haven't had much experience with Redd yet, but I had bought a painting but it was still available to buy when Jem visited my island

When it's sold, a little card appears next to it, so I didn't try to buy the one you'd already got - think it probably gets 'reserved'.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:16 
Skillmeister

I think you've got a bit of a hiccuppy internets today DM.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:26 
Hello pretty, pretty

I've been pretty inconsistent with AC recently (in the middle of a really good book). Sorry for not offering more in the thread.

Thanks for stopping by Jem! Stuff appreciated. Think I forgot to say thanks, brain failed to make a connection between things posted and it being a real person sending it.

If anyone has good turnip prices this week, let me know. I tip and water plants.

Twitch | Twitter | Steam | PSN | Switch: 4691-7706-7792

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 12:26 
Comfortably Dumb

Dimrill wrote:
I think you've got a bit of a hiccuppy internets today DM.

I've given everything a reboot - hopefully that will help. In the past week or so, my Xbox connection had been temperamental till I moved it to a new location. Might have to do the same with the Switch or try tinkering with Wi-Fi channels or something.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 13:35 

Thank you for the amazing community spirit and help, here. @Miki very kindly helped Darwin to get a new room for his little house, and he was super-excited to pay off his loan and get another room to fill with the randomly decorated stuff of his dreams. @Jem sent me an awesome UFO for my star room this morning and it is SO cool and has really, really cheered me up :D

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2020 13:40 
Excellent Member

you and Darwin are entirely welcome, it made me happy to help!

Reply to topic  [ 3919 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 79  Next