Be Excellent To Each Other
https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com:443/forum/

Bits and Bobs 50
https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com:443/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11218
Page 44 of 86

Author:  ApplePieOfDestiny [ Fri May 10, 2019 16:38 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Malia and I are doing Proms. The best prom.

Author:  MaliA [ Fri May 10, 2019 16:44 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Malia and I are doing Proms. The best prom.

Great cultural learnings

Author:  Kern [ Fri May 10, 2019 16:50 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Malia and I are doing Proms.


Image

Author:  ApplePieOfDestiny [ Fri May 10, 2019 17:14 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

So, so accurate. Albeit not enough drooling.

Author:  Kern [ Fri May 10, 2019 17:19 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

I've always wanted a box.

Author:  Grim... [ Fri May 10, 2019 17:37 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Mrs. Grim...'s dad sold the last privately-owned box at the Royal Albert Hall.

Author:  MaliA [ Fri May 10, 2019 17:39 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
So, so accurate. Albeit not enough drooling.


There will be drooling

Author:  Mimi [ Sat May 11, 2019 9:46 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

I’d totally let this happen to my phone.

Author:  Mr Chonks [ Sat May 11, 2019 12:49 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

I have to forget to charge my phone overnight for it to go below 40% these days. Living in a post-battery-anxiety world is amazing.

Author:  markg [ Sat May 11, 2019 12:59 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

I think I preferred it when they used to last for days and they didn't just fire the fucked up state of the world into your face all day.

Author:  Mr Chonks [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:01 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

markg wrote:
I think I preferred it when they used to last for days and they didn't just fire the fucked up state of the world into your face all day.

I don’t read news sites or go on any social media anymore. It’s amazing.

Author:  Mimi [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:11 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Mr Chonks wrote:
I have to forget to charge my phone overnight for it to go below 40% these days. Living in a post-battery-anxiety world is amazing.

I don’t have battery anxiety. If my phone runs out of battery, meh.

Author:  Mimi [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:12 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Lol

Author:  Mr Chonks [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:14 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

It’s a good way to shorten battery life, that’s for sure.

Author:  Trooper [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:15 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Mr Chonks wrote:
markg wrote:
I think I preferred it when they used to last for days and they didn't just fire the fucked up state of the world into your face all day.

I don’t read news sites or go on any social media anymore. It’s amazing.


I still read the news, but I don't do social media anymore. I recommend giving up social media to everyone, there is nothing good about it!

Author:  Mr Chonks [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:16 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Ugh, must not agree with Trooper

*signs up to Bebo*

Author:  Warhead [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:24 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Kern wrote:
I've always wanted a box.


I had one when I used to do karate. Not very comfortable, but essential to protect the flask and oranges.

Author:  Kern [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:28 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Mimi wrote:
I don’t have battery anxiety. If my phone runs out of battery, meh.


Do you play the red line game when driving too?

Author:  Kern [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:28 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Warhead wrote:
Kern wrote:
I've always wanted a box.


I had one when I used to do karate. Not very comfortable, but essential to protect the flask and oranges.


:D

Author:  Doctor Glyndwr [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:37 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Trooper wrote:
I recommend giving up social media to everyone, there is nothing good about it!

He posted on a web forum

Author:  Mr Chonks [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:39 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Trooper wrote:
I recommend giving up social media to everyone, there is nothing good about it!

He posted on a web forum

I knew someone would mention that. I see Beex as an extension of texting or a group chat with friends.

I guess you’re empirically correct, but you just probably have let it slide.

Author:  Warhead [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:40 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

I thought you were being ironic.

Author:  Trooper [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:43 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Mr Chonks wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Trooper wrote:
I recommend giving up social media to everyone, there is nothing good about it!

He posted on a web forum

I knew someone would mention that. I see Beex as an extension of texting or a group chat with friends.

I guess you’re empirically correct, but you just probably have let it slide.


I agree with mop.

Author:  Mr Chonks [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:52 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

No, stop it

Author:  Mimi [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:55 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Trooper wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
markg wrote:
I think I preferred it when they used to last for days and they didn't just fire the fucked up state of the world into your face all day.

I don’t read news sites or go on any social media anymore. It’s amazing.


I still read the news, but I don't do social media anymore. I recommend giving up social media to everyone, there is nothing good about it!


Whereas I don’t know where I’d be or how I’d have got through the past five months without the space and support friends on social media have given me to talk about what my family have been going through and listen without fear of being mocked or judged. I wouldn’t blanket recommend that people quit all social media because for many it is a lifeline of support and/or an outlet to speak and explore things. I think it’s highly dependent on the people you communicate with and what’s important to you.

Author:  MaliA [ Sat May 11, 2019 13:56 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Ok, Wales, point made.

Author:  Kern [ Sat May 11, 2019 14:01 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

:D

It was very far-sighted of Edward I to put so much effort into Wales's tourism industry.

Author:  MaliA [ Sat May 11, 2019 15:55 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Conwy Castle is totes legit . Except for the fact all the barriers between you and a Disney Death are only 2 feet high

Author:  markg [ Sat May 11, 2019 15:58 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Saw an unopened envelope face down on the ground earlier, a street away from home. Thinking that the postie had dropped it I picked it up with the intention of posting it to wherever it was meant to go. IT WAS ADDRESSED TO US! :blown:

Author:  MaliA [ Sat May 11, 2019 16:21 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Glorious is that

Author:  Kern [ Sat May 11, 2019 16:21 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

MaliA wrote:
Conwy Castle is totes legit .


I've only ever seen it from the train, when you speed across the river and think you're going to slam into the city walls but instead go straight through them! Wonderful stretch of line.

Author:  Kern [ Sat May 11, 2019 16:34 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

markg wrote:
Saw an unopened envelope face down on the ground earlier, a street away from home. Thinking that the postie had dropped it I picked it up with the intention of posting it to wherever it was meant to go. IT WAS ADDRESSED TO US! :blown:


Spy!

Author:  krazywookie [ Sat May 11, 2019 19:49 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

markg wrote:
Saw an unopened envelope face down on the ground earlier, a street away from home. Thinking that the postie had dropped it I picked it up with the intention of posting it to wherever it was meant to go. IT WAS ADDRESSED TO US! :blown:

All the letters are addressed to you, it's not real, any of it. Can't you see? You're living in a construct. I bet if you keep walking in a random direction you'll eventually end up back at your own house.

Author:  Grim... [ Sun May 12, 2019 0:19 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

markg wrote:
Saw an unopened envelope face down on the ground earlier, a street away from home. Thinking that the postie had dropped it I picked it up with the intention of posting it to wherever it was meant to go. IT WAS ADDRESSED TO US! :blown:

We're trying something new.

We can't be sure if you'll get this message, or what form it will take when you do.

Please wake up.

We love you.

Author:  Warhead [ Sun May 12, 2019 7:49 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Mrs W and I taught our granddaughter to play Uno on Friday night. When I got home from work last night Mrs W, my son and our granddaughter were two hours into another round. I think she's caught that bug immediately and is already learning to play tactically.

Author:  Mimi [ Sun May 12, 2019 10:09 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Warhead wrote:
Mrs W and I taught our granddaughter to play Uno on Friday night. When I got home from work last night Mrs W, my son and our granddaughter were two hours into another round. I think she's caught that bug immediately and is already learning to play tactically.

That’s really cool. How old is your granddaughter, Warhead?

Author:  Warhead [ Sun May 12, 2019 11:23 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Mimi wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Mrs W and I taught our granddaughter to play Uno on Friday night. When I got home from work last night Mrs W, my son and our granddaughter were two hours into another round. I think she's caught that bug immediately and is already learning to play tactically.

That’s really cool. How old is your granddaughter, Warhead?

She's 9 and three quarters :DD .

She stays with us every second weekend, as well as seeing her four days each week as my wife collects her from school and her mum picks her up on her way home from work.

We've always played board games with her.

Author:  Mimi [ Sun May 12, 2019 13:51 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Warhead wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Mrs W and I taught our granddaughter to play Uno on Friday night. When I got home from work last night Mrs W, my son and our granddaughter were two hours into another round. I think she's caught that bug immediately and is already learning to play tactically.

That’s really cool. How old is your granddaughter, Warhead?

She's 9 and three quarters :DD .

She stays with us every second weekend, as well as seeing her four days each week as my wife collects her from school and her mum picks her up on her way home from work.

We've always played board games with her.


That’s great, and I think really good for tactical thinking and all manner of social learning. Darwin is three now, and just likes games like Ooeration, Buckeroo, Hungry Hippos, POP Up Pirate, but even at the level of teaching turn taking, cooperative vs competitive play, games like that are great. It’ll be fab when we can have family game nights!

Author:  Bamba [ Sun May 12, 2019 16:38 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Hmm. Just had password reset emails come in for PayPal and Nord (which I didn't request either of). I wonder if there's some big hack gone down...

Author:  MaliA [ Sun May 12, 2019 17:19 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

This is glorious on so many levels

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/ ... ta-del-sol

Author:  Kern [ Mon May 13, 2019 8:22 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Watched the two Great Britain ice hockey games over the weekend.

I tuned in to both knowing that Britain's chances of winning were only slightly better than me winning the world's strongest man but the game against Germany was pretty tense. It was very impressive that they only started conceding goals in the final minute of the second period. Epic saving from the netminder throughout. The equalising goal was even sweeter, for those brief moments before Germany took the lead again.

The game against Canada was about as one-sided as you could imagine. Will try to catch the rest of the series, but some of the games aren't as conveniently scheduled for me.

Author:  Zardoz [ Mon May 13, 2019 9:16 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

MaliA wrote:


That's a bit quick! :DD

Author:  Hearthly [ Mon May 13, 2019 9:47 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

A WEEKEND OF VIOLENCE ON THE ISLE OF MAN.

Translation - Two pissed up guys had a scrap on Saturday night.

I remember once the paper carried a story on the front page of an old lady burning some toast and setting her smoke alarm off.

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?i ... hyear=2019

Attachment:
violenceo.JPG

Author:  DBSnappa [ Mon May 13, 2019 9:51 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

To be honest, I’m surprised you’re not on the front page regularly, but then even on IoM you buying a new car is NOT news anymore.

Author:  Jem [ Mon May 13, 2019 9:55 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Mimi wrote:
Trooper wrote:
Mr Chonks wrote:
markg wrote:
I think I preferred it when they used to last for days and they didn't just fire the fucked up state of the world into your face all day.

I don’t read news sites or go on any social media anymore. It’s amazing.


I still read the news, but I don't do social media anymore. I recommend giving up social media to everyone, there is nothing good about it!


Whereas I don’t know where I’d be or how I’d have got through the past five months without the space and support friends on social media have given me to talk about what my family have been going through and listen without fear of being mocked or judged. I wouldn’t blanket recommend that people quit all social media because for many it is a lifeline of support and/or an outlet to speak and explore things. I think it’s highly dependent on the people you communicate with and what’s important to you.


+1

Social media/people on the internet (including beex) has got me through some dark times :luv:

Author:  Zardoz [ Mon May 13, 2019 10:17 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Hearthly wrote:
A WEEKEND OF VIOLENCE ON THE ISLE OF MAN.

Translation - Two pissed up guys had a scrap on Saturday night.

Your ex and current car dealer?

Author:  DavPaz [ Mon May 13, 2019 16:00 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Ok.
Attachment:
Annotation 2019-05-13 160018.jpg

Author:  Grim... [ Mon May 13, 2019 16:32 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Sounds better, TBH.

Author:  DBSnappa [ Tue May 14, 2019 11:32 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

Just found out Harvey Keitel turned 80 yesterday!

Author:  Findus Fop [ Tue May 14, 2019 11:40 ]
Post subject:  Re: Bits and Bobs 50

DBSnappa wrote:
Just found out Harvey Keitel turned 80 yesterday!


Crikey.

Obligatory:


Page 44 of 86 All times are UTC [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/