Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 2253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:57 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 66503
Location: Your Mum
One day the Grimlet will be watching Pulp Fiction and he'll say "Hey look, it's the guy from the insurance adverts".

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 14:10 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15176
More evidence is support of my father of the year nomination last night. She was playing with the hosepipe in the garden so obviously I grabbed part of the hose and kinked it so that the water stopped.

"what's happened daddy?"

"no idea, it could be blocked, try looking down the end of it but make sure you squeeze the trigger at the same time".

Now, at this point I swear to god I was sure that she had the thing turned to the gentle plant watering setting, but she must have turned it to jet mode so it blasted her full force right in the eyeballs. The screams could probably be heard three streets away. But she got over it pretty quick and was back playing again in a few minutes. So all in all a worthwhile lesson learned I would say.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 14:13 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20155
markg wrote:
More evidence is support of my father of the year nomination last night. She was playing with the hosepipe in the garden so obviously I grabbed part of the hose and kinked it so that the water stopped.

"what's happened daddy?"

"no idea, it could be blocked, try looking down the end of it but make sure you squeeze the trigger at the same time".

Now, at this point I swear to god I was sure that she had the thing turned to the gentle plant watering setting, but she must have turned it to jet mode so it blasted her full force right in the eyeballs. The screams could probably be heard three streets away. But she got over it pretty quick and was back playing again in a few minutes. So all in all a worthwhile lesson learned I would say.


Lesson learned by who, though?

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 14:14 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44839
Location: West Yorkshire
Mimi wrote:
markg wrote:
More evidence is support of my father of the year nomination last night. She was playing with the hosepipe in the garden so obviously I grabbed part of the hose and kinked it so that the water stopped.

"what's happened daddy?"

"no idea, it could be blocked, try looking down the end of it but make sure you squeeze the trigger at the same time".

Now, at this point I swear to god I was sure that she had the thing turned to the gentle plant watering setting, but she must have turned it to jet mode so it blasted her full force right in the eyeballs. The screams could probably be heard three streets away. But she got over it pretty quick and was back playing again in a few minutes. So all in all a worthwhile lesson learned I would say.


Lesson learned by who, though?


Malia

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 14:21 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 10281
markg wrote:
So all in all a worthwhile lesson learned I would say.


You won't know that until you see if she'll let you do it again.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 14:28 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20155
Talking of Father Of The Year moments, this is how Russell helped Darwin to be more comfortable having the hair clippers used to cut his hair.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxC_7UZp2EQ ... f3aeap6mzo

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 14:29 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 52811
Location: Liberty City
Mimi wrote:
markg wrote:
More evidence is support of my father of the year nomination last night. She was playing with the hosepipe in the garden so obviously I grabbed part of the hose and kinked it so that the water stopped.

"what's happened daddy?"

"no idea, it could be blocked, try looking down the end of it but make sure you squeeze the trigger at the same time".

Now, at this point I swear to god I was sure that she had the thing turned to the gentle plant watering setting, but she must have turned it to jet mode so it blasted her full force right in the eyeballs. The screams could probably be heard three streets away. But she got over it pretty quick and was back playing again in a few minutes. So all in all a worthwhile lesson learned I would say.


Lesson learned by who, though?

Whomst

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 16:28 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15176
Mimi wrote:
markg wrote:
More evidence is support of my father of the year nomination last night. She was playing with the hosepipe in the garden so obviously I grabbed part of the hose and kinked it so that the water stopped.

"what's happened daddy?"

"no idea, it could be blocked, try looking down the end of it but make sure you squeeze the trigger at the same time".

Now, at this point I swear to god I was sure that she had the thing turned to the gentle plant watering setting, but she must have turned it to jet mode so it blasted her full force right in the eyeballs. The screams could probably be heard three streets away. But she got over it pretty quick and was back playing again in a few minutes. So all in all a worthwhile lesson learned I would say.


Lesson learned by who, though?

Her, I think. I have no idea what but I'm sure she'll take something from it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 19:06 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20155
I just saw someone mention their wrist piercings and stupidly (as I am a bit Squeamish) Googled it.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 19:13 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 2567
Mimi wrote:
I just saw someone mention their wrist piercings and stupidly (as I am a bit Squeamish) Googled it.


Was it Jesus?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 19:23 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20155
Findus Fop wrote:
Mimi wrote:
I just saw someone mention their wrist piercings and stupidly (as I am a bit Squeamish) Googled it.


Was it Jesus?

:DD

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:50 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 19081
Location: shropshire, uk
Typical Friday night


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:08 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14250
Location: Oxford
Headline of the day: "Man jailed for calling judge a 'd***head' at Oxford Crown Court"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:11 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 44839
Location: West Yorkshire
CAn we never circle back to the picture of Kov, please. Ever.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:25 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20155
KovacsC wrote:
Typical Friday night

It’s the watch that sets it off.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:31 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45162
Location: The erogenous zone
Surprised at no day-glo, Kov.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:53 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 19081
Location: shropshire, uk
Mimi wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Typical Friday night

It’s the watch that sets it off.


It was to count the steps to the right

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:13 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 66503
Location: Your Mum
Very good :D

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 13:37 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 52811
Location: Liberty City
MaliA wrote:
CAn we never circle back to the picture of Kov, please. Ever.

You have nothing to say on this subject, sink boy

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 18:26 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 34897
Imagine being a Man City fan. Must be boring


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 18:32 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 52811
Location: Liberty City
DavPaz wrote:
Imagine being a Man City fan. Must be boring

It certainly wasn’t 20 years ago. Fiery 0-0 draw at Dean Court in Division 2 and they got two men sent off! One for walking in an aggressive manner.

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 18:48 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 34897
Mr Chonks wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Imagine being a Man City fan. Must be boring

It certainly wasn’t 20 years ago. Fiery 0-0 draw at Dean Court in Division 2 and they got two men sent off! One for walking in an aggressive manner.

Just over 11 years ago, Boro beat them 8-1


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 19:09 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 66503
Location: Your Mum
That'll do.

Attachment:
IMG_20190518_175448.jpg


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 19:23 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20155
I have just found out that there’s more than one Spiderman :o

Also, I keep seeing a video of a Spider-Man in civvies dancing, firstly like Gene Kelly and then like... Rianna? Anyway, I’m slightly confused because he looks like a weedy 18 year old yet it’s also the best thing I have ever seen and now I am in love.

Edit: LL Cool J is there, too.

More edit: I feel like this should be in the ‘Dreams’ thread.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 19:49 
User avatar
Comfortably Dumb

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 10619
Location: Sunny Stoke
Mimi wrote:
I have just found out that there’s more than one Spiderman :o

Also, I keep seeing a video of a Spider-Man in civvies dancing, firstly like Gene Kelly and then like... Rianna? Anyway, I’m slightly confused because he looks like a weedy 18 year old yet it’s also the best thing I have ever seen and now I am in love.

Edit: LL Cool J is there, too.

More edit: I feel like this should be in the ‘Dreams’ thread.




It's a marvellous video. :)

_________________
Consolemad | Under Logic
Curse, the day is long
Realise you don't belong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 19:53 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20155
Noooo... now I must watch the strangely sexy boy elf splash around in lady undies again. Oh noes!

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 19:55 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20155
If that was an act on Eurovision I’d vote for it.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:04 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 34897
A brief sneaky peek at both Reddit and Imgur has shown me that people no longer give a fuck about spoilers and I'll not be anywhere near either until I've watched the GoT finale


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:08 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20155
DavPaz wrote:
A brief sneaky peek at both Reddit and Imgur has shown me that people no longer give a fuck about spoilers and I'll not be anywhere near either until I've watched the GoT finale

Same with both Twitter and IG, where I’ve seen the major GOT spoiler a further two times this last 30 minutes so now six times in total.

That’s six people I no longer follow.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:18 
User avatar
ugvm'er at heart...

Joined: 4th Mar, 2010
Posts: 20683
I'm staying off everything until tonight, apart from here, as you folks aren't dicks.... right?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:33 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15127
Location: Parts unknown
I'm the same but I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow morning. Hopefully I won't get it spoiled in the mean time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:42 
User avatar
Comfortably Dumb

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 10619
Location: Sunny Stoke
DavPaz wrote:
A brief sneaky peek at both Reddit and Imgur has shown me that people no longer give a fuck about spoilers and I'll not be anywhere near either until I've watched the GoT finale


I read that after a tense final battle, Koepka held on to claim the decisive victory.

No, wait, that was the golf.

_________________
Consolemad | Under Logic
Curse, the day is long
Realise you don't belong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:58 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45162
Location: The erogenous zone
Grim... wrote:
That'll do.

Attachment:
IMG_20190518_175448.jpg

Where are this?

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:53 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 10281
I've never before stumbled across a spoiler for anything I was watching but some cunt posted one this morning in the comments section for the latest I See You post of all places. The spoiler in question seems relatively unlikely so I'm hoping it's just a troll post rather than anything genuine, but still. I realise I'm not helping myself by being now fully three episodes behind due to moving in (temporarily) with Mrs B. She's only ever watched the first few episodes and may get round to catching up at some point so I'm not going to watch the entire ending of the thing in front of her.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 15:01 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26829
Location: Kidbrooke
I've taken to avoiding most of the internet during waits for Got/Avengers etc because spoilers come in the stupidest fucking places these days. Even places like the BBC and Guardian websites will have spoilers on the front pages for shows which haven't officially even aired here, which is just annoying to the extreme (or will have a non-spoiler headline with a spoiler picture, or some hint that can make you guess the ending, or second guess yourself - assholes).

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 15:45 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 32030
Curiosity wrote:
Even places like the BBC and Guardian websites will have spoilers on the front pages for shows which haven't officially even aired here, which is just annoying to the extreme
Well, it's not like the web has geographical boundaries, and I'm sure both of those websites have lots of readers in America. So I'm not unsympathetic to them wanting to get some traffic from this massive shared cultural moment while it's still at peak relevance.

Also, of course, GoT has officially aired here -- Sky showed it at 2am.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 15:50 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 34897
Am I right in thinking that it's available for streaming until after the 9pm broadcast? I'd google it, but one can't be too careful


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:02 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26829
Location: Kidbrooke
It is available on NowTV, for sure.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:02 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15127
Location: Parts unknown
DavPaz wrote:
Am I right in thinking that it's available for streaming until after the 9pm broadcast? I'd google it, but one can't be too careful


Previous episodes have been available but I don't know about this one.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:03 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 34897
Curiosity wrote:
It is available on NowTV, for sure.

Huh. Follow up question: Does the 9pm broadcast have advert breaks?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:11 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15127
Location: Parts unknown
DavPaz wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
It is available on NowTV, for sure.

Huh. Follow up question: Does the 9pm broadcast have advert breaks?


Yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:13 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 34897
TheVision wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Curiosity wrote:
It is available on NowTV, for sure.

Huh. Follow up question: Does the 9pm broadcast have advert breaks?


Yes.

But.... if it's streaming on Now TV without adverts... why would anyone watch the 9pm broadcast.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:14 
User avatar
Isn't that lovely?

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 9250
Location: Devon
When I've watched it streamed it has had 2 or 3 places for adverts.

_________________
Where's the Kaboom? I was expecting an Earth shattering Kaboom!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:16 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 34897
Malc wrote:
When I've watched it streamed it has had 2 or 3 places for adverts.

Yikes. Fuck that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:18 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 32030
DavPaz wrote:
But.... if it's streaming on Now TV without adverts... why would anyone watch the 9pm broadcast.

It's better quality. The broadcast is 1080p (possibly 1080i), I'm pretty sure NowTV tops out at 720p.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:19 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 32030
DavPaz wrote:
Malc wrote:
When I've watched it streamed it has had 2 or 3 places for adverts.

Yikes. Fuck that.

That's still fewer adverts than the broadcast, which is your other option, so why does that merit a "fuck that"?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:23 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 52811
Location: Liberty City
Because despite the myriad ways of watching it legally, if he waits and pirates it, he’ll not have to watch any commercials at all.

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:24 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15127
Location: Parts unknown
DavPaz wrote:
Malc wrote:
When I've watched it streamed it has had 2 or 3 places for adverts.

Yikes. Fuck that.


I think he means it's gone into the title screen for adverts, but then straight back into the show. That's my experience anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:27 
User avatar
ugvm'er at heart...

Joined: 4th Mar, 2010
Posts: 20683
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
But.... if it's streaming on Now TV without adverts... why would anyone watch the 9pm broadcast.

It's better quality. The broadcast is 1080p (possibly 1080i), I'm pretty sure NowTV tops out at 720p.


You can stream in 1080p via a proper sky box IIRC, but you're correct that NowTV tops out at 720p.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bits and Bobs 50
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 16:28 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 34897
Mr Chonks wrote:
Because despite the myriad ways of watching it legally, if he waits and pirates it, he’ll not have to watch any commercials at all.

HOW VERY DARE YOU! YOU HAVE BESMIRCHED MY HONOUR SIR! I DEMAND RETRIBU....

Nah, fuck it, you're right.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 2253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: markg, TheCookie197 and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.