And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 76
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 21:55 
Unpossible!

ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
A HUNDRED AND SEVENTY FIVE QUID!? Does it come with a blowjob?

That’s still an expensive blowjob.

Either way, your helmet gets polished

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:47 
Excellent Member

Lonewolves wrote:
I can't afford to spend a quarter of that amount on a game these days. :(

Neither can John, that's never stopped him before. And given how much he disliked some of the additions to FO4 he's just spent a stupid amount of money on something he'll almost certainly hate.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:21 

YES BUT you get a helmet...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:30 

Cras wrote:
no NPCs at all

#NotMyFallout

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:36 
Esoteric

Bamba wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
I can't afford to spend a quarter of that amount on a game these days. :(

Neither can John, that's never stopped him before. And given how much he disliked some of the additions to FO4 he's just spent a stupid amount of money on something he'll almost certainly hate.

Ironically it may be the game I hate lol, not the toys.

I've got every box set released, apart from one (the 2008 pip boy ed with the clock that always broke) because $700 was too much. I have all of the others. FO3 lunchbox, FO3 BOS, FONV, FO4 PB and the mini nuke and etc. It is literally the only thing I collect that is intended for that purpose. Oh and about a half dozen Tshirts, socks, bottle openers, face masks, books, posters etc. Still got the 1/4" thick POS display for FONV (the one only large Gamestop stores got) so yeah, gotta have this one.

It will take something incredibly simple for me to love this game.

Either some one will hack/mod it to run on private servers (like you can with nearly every other co op game) which will be great. My friend and I both run our own L4D servers because we got sick of landing on servers with stupid cheats on. Or Bethesda will cave and release the software to host a private server. If neither happen? yeah, I could be a bit screwed.

We'll see. FO3 was the first RPG of any type or sort I had ever played. And it was this place that got me into it and gave me help and advice etc. Never looked back.. So you never know, you may be able to treat an old ASD new tricks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:41 
Esoteric

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... dYtulRRfDU

lol well that didn't take very long :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:48 
Excellent Member

I can't see YouTube stuff at work, what's the happs?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:53 
Esoteric

Bamba wrote:
I can't see YouTube stuff at work, what's the happs?

In short?

- No offline
- Playing 'Solo' will still have you seeing other players
- No NPCs, excluding robots
- PvP is still being tweaked to avoid greifing
- Modding will be present in 76 but not at launch*
- Private servers will happen*
- Starfield in Production (Playable State) & TES VI is in Pre-Production

Noting the stars I added.

So basically? I will get my wish. I've got 8 guys already pre ordered, so at some point I will either turn one of my existing rigs into a server or make one. I look forward to visiting the BEEX wasteland :D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:55 

Any ideas where to get the cheapest preorder?

Edit: I googled it, thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:16 
Excellent Member

Kris wrote:
Any ideas where to get the cheapest preorder?

Edit: I googled it, thanks.

The cheapest way is to not. Fuck pre-ordering and the bullshit it brings with it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:42 

Yeah, going to be playing it on the PC anyway so I decided not to bother (It's the same price it'll be).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:09 
Excellent Member

Kris wrote:
Yeah, going to be playing it on the PC anyway so I decided not to bother (It's the same price it'll be).

Plus, there is always a chance that it'll suck (or have buggy/broken online play or whatever) so you might as well wait for the reviews.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:15 
Esoteric

Bamba wrote:
Kris wrote:

Plus, there is always a chance that it'll suck (or have buggy/broken online play or whatever) so you might as well wait for the reviews.

With the BETA I doubt you would even have to wait that long tbh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 13:07 

The GF absolutely loves fallout, she buys everything so I'll definitely be playing it on release, but it'll be a case of watching for reviews of the beta beforehand.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 17:31 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi8PTAJ2Hjs

Pretty interesting documentary about the making of the game. It looks good to me. I'll probably get it day1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 17:34 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

I imagine I will as well, but I really hope between now and then they'll be up front about a lot of the decisions they're making and allow time to change the approach if necessary.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 17:38 
Todd seemed to imply the beta would be a way for them to iron out the cracks, and it sounds (from the documentary I linked above) that they'll see what happens for a bit and then adapt from there. There's a whole studio that's gonna support it so hopefully it'll run and keep being fun and interesting for a while, with free DLC too. Question is though do I PC or PS4? Never played fallout on the PC.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 17:42 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Note that the only way any game has ever been griefer-proofed, to my knowledge, is private instances.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 18:24 

nickachu wrote:
Todd seemed to imply the beta would be a way for them to iron out the cracks, and it sounds (from the documentary I linked above) that they'll see what happens for a bit and then adapt from there.

I've listened to a couple of interviews and he sounds rather like a guy making it up as he goes along. I think if they had a grand master plan to make it griefer-proof, he'd be telling people to neutralise the FUD. I think there's a worrying chance this is a shitshow on public servers. I've heard him veering from "death isn't bad, you don't lose any of your stuff, it won't get frustrating" to "we want some drama from PvP." Those are mutually incompatible. There's either something at risk when a player comes after you, or there isn't.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 18:24 

Cras wrote:
Note that the only way any game has ever been griefer-proofed, to my knowledge, is private instances.

I can only assume you've somehow never gamed with Mr "I brought a shotgun to a stealth game" Grim....

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 18:40 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Cras wrote:

I can only assume you've somehow never gamed with Mr "I brought a shotgun to a stealth game" Grim....

Yeah, but for some reason we invite him to games.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 20:51 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Because griefing the person stupid enough to pick up the fuel can in L4D was one of the funniest things ever.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 21:05 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Not as funny as the witch cheevo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 21:07 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

Christ, yes.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 21:45 
UltraMod

Cras wrote:

I joined Malabar and LitlChef for the first time during their "get the witch cheevo" run through and stormed in and got it first try. Rach was not impressed.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 22:50 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Lonewolves wrote:
Cras wrote:

I joined Malabar and LitlChef for the first time during their "get the witch cheevo" run through and stormed in and got it first try. Rach was not impressed.

This was when we told Nase there was a specific cheevo for running up to the witch and shooting her in the head with the basic pistol.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 23:23 
Comfortably Dumb

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Cras wrote:

I like to imagine that's how he plays all games.
Attachment:
PBC (1).png

Attachment:
PBC (4).png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 23:27 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

:D :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 23:36 
Excellent Member

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
nickachu wrote:
Todd seemed to imply the beta would be a way for them to iron out the cracks, and it sounds (from the documentary I linked above) that they'll see what happens for a bit and then adapt from there.

I've listened to a couple of interviews and he sounds rather like a guy making it up as he goes along. I think if they had a grand master plan to make it griefer-proof, he'd be telling people to neutralise the FUD. I think there's a worrying chance this is a shitshow on public servers. I've heard him veering from "death isn't bad, you don't lose any of your stuff, it won't get frustrating" to "we want some drama from PvP." Those are mutually incompatible. There's either something at risk when a player comes after you, or there isn't.

At best this is "we have some genuinely good ideas for a multiplayer game and we want to leverage the Fallout IP for it". At the much more likely worst we have, "We want a multiplayer game because we hear they make much more money and, wait, what's the most popular thing we own..."

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:26 

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
I've listened to a couple of interviews and he sounds rather like a guy making it up as he goes along.

Compared to the interviews with Chris Roberts about Star Citizen, Todd sounds like he's already got everything developed and ready to launch ;)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:35 
Esoteric

nickachu wrote:
Question is though do I PC or PS4? Never played fallout on the PC.

I guess that depends on your comfort levels gaming on a PC. This seems like it is going to be a long session game, so you may be better off on console. I've always used a pad to play it any way as it's the best way IMO.

At 45 I am getting to the point where I can no longer spend all day sat in my chair. I haven't been very kind to my body over the years and now it is paying me back in kind. So I have just bought a Scorpio (got it cheap with no pad and no stand but I have the pad and don't want the stand). I have ordered FO4 as I am due a third playthrough and will see how it goes. I may cancel my PC pre order and change it to Xbox, or just cancel it and buy the Xbox version.

One thing I know is my 12" memory foam mattress is so much more comfy than my PC chair. So I have decided to sort of up sticks and put the console in the bedroom, where I spend about four hours every night any way watching Netflix and Amazon.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 15:46 

JohnCoffey wrote:
nickachu wrote:
Question is though do I PC or PS4? Never played fallout on the PC.

I guess that depends on your comfort levels gaming on a PC. This seems like it is going to be a long session game, so you may be better off on console. I've always used a pad to play it any way as it's the best way IMO.

At 45 I am getting to the point where I can no longer spend all day sat in my chair. I haven't been very kind to my body over the years and now it is paying me back in kind. So I have just bought a Scorpio (got it cheap with no pad and no stand but I have the pad and don't want the stand). I have ordered FO4 as I am due a third playthrough and will see how it goes. I may cancel my PC pre order and change it to Xbox, or just cancel it and buy the Xbox version.

One thing I know is my 12" memory foam mattress is so much more comfy than my PC chair. So I have decided to sort of up sticks and put the console in the bedroom, where I spend about four hours every night any way watching Netflix and Amazon.

Nice got any pics of this chair? Quite interested to see it.

I, fortunately, am not 45 and as such have no issues doing marathon sessions, the GF will slouch on the sofa next to my desk playing on her laptop with the xbox controller and will moan before I do so shouldn't be any problems with long playing.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 23:49 
Excellent Member

Saw the trailer and seven minute or so gameplay thing. Could they just take out the multiplayer? And the monsters? And just leave in the walking and the photography?

Because then it'd be a day one purchase. It's very pretty, is appalachia.

Bored? Why not look at some pretty pictures on my photography blog? Here: http://petetakespictures.com

Come & See My Flickery Pics Here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nervouspete/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:53 
Esoteric

NervousPete wrote:
Saw the trailer and seven minute or so gameplay thing. Could they just take out the multiplayer? And the monsters? And just leave in the walking and the photography?

Because then it'd be a day one purchase. It's very pretty, is appalachia.

I've driven through there. In fact, for about six months I lived in that region and used to fish there. Very pretty part of the world :)

It's funny you mention the walking and photography part. Was having a discussion about FO3 with Gareth Halfacree and the Bit Tech lot two weeks ago and we were saying how much we would love a walking sim where you just explore etc.

There has to be a way to mod/hack this so that it does not connect to a server. Unless of course they leave large chunks of code on there. Or, the ability to be able to set up your own. If you can do that I will be soooo happy.

Here you go sir. Scioto, Ohio.

Kris wrote:
Nice got any pics of this chair? Quite interested to see it.

I am using a Humanscale Freedom Headrest ATM.

I bought it when I became too large for my Herman Sayl. I was looking for an Aeron, but I could not find one in a size "C" (I went from 13st to 18st over three years). The Humanscale is very wide, and generally very comfy. It scales with you too, which does take some getting used to but once you are it's quite amazing.

I noticed the other day that since losing a stone (am down to 17) I can actually sit on a floor for more than two minutes without getting dead feet/pins and needles/numb backside. So I think much of it is the weight I was carrying.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:48 

That looks pretty comfy; I got my chair for cheap from Amazon lol (It was cheap, then it was on sale so it's EXTRA cheap)

Good job on the weight loss, are you doing anything specific to lose that or just not eating so many cakes? (mmm cake)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 13:31 
Esoteric

Kris wrote:
That looks pretty comfy; I got my chair for cheap from Amazon lol (It was cheap, then it was on sale so it's EXTRA cheap)

Good job on the weight loss, are you doing anything specific to lose that or just not eating so many cakes? (mmm cake)

No cake, no crisps, no chocolate. Just meals. I don't order it, then if it's not here then I can't eat it lol. It works kinda well, as I am very agoraphobic and thus won't walk out to get it. I feel somewhat safe on my bikes, 'cause I figure who would want to get in the way of 18 stone coming flying at them?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 13:32 

Very good point.

(though if you're cycling on the path coming towards me, I won't move unless it's a cycle path)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:09 
Hello Hello Hello

This guy really didn't like the beta, at all.

TL:DR - Looks like shit, runs like shit, game is shit, riddled with bugs, awful controls, PvP is amazingly bad. No way it'll be fixed for launch.

What engine is this running on? It looks like Fallout 3, which was released ten years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 15:20 
INFINITE POWAH

It's Aussie Hearthly!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 15:51 
Esoteric

It should use the same engine as FO4. Which is not the engine from FO3. I mean, it's not great but it's way ahead of the FO3 engine which looks pretty terrible these days.

I didn't expect the launch to be smooth, or for it to work properly for a few months yet. Thankfully I don't even have a rig to play it on yet so I am not in a rush. I'd still prefer to play it on a private server, too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 15:54 
SupaMod
Commander-in-Cheese

Don't forget that the engine you want for a good single player experience isn't necessarily the engine you want for a good multiplayer experience. There's a whole lot of other things to take into account.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 16:46 
Rude Belittler

Another game I'm not interested at all in. This autumn is the worst one for me in a long time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 17:41 
Bad Girl

Pundabaya wrote:
Another game I'm not interested at all in. This autumn is the worst one for me in a long time.

Have you finished all the games then? I’ve got a ton of good stuff I’m interested in playing that I haven’t got around to yet.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 18:58 
Bad Girl

Here’s all the stuff I’ve got my eye on after Red Dead:

Far Cry 5
Firewall: Zero Hour (PSVR)
Dragon Quest XI
Octopath Traveller
Detroit
Street Fight 30th anniversary
Rain World
Pool Panic
Golf Story
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Guacamelee 2
The Messenger
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: DLC

Tons of stuff, I say. And I’ve got Ni No Kuni 2 still sat in an unopened wrapper to play. And I’m playing through Ghost Recon: Wildlands with my buddy and Overwatch with Myp and Dave.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 20:10 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

I have a feeling that Octopath Traveller will take you a while to get through.

I have that in my unplayed pile... I'll get round to it one day.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 20:20 
Esoteric

Satsuma wrote:
Here’s all the stuff I’ve got my eye on after Red Dead:

Far Cry 5
Firewall: Zero Hour (PSVR)
Dragon Quest XI
Octopath Traveller
Detroit
Street Fight 30th anniversary
Rain World
Pool Panic
Golf Story
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
Guacamelee 2
The Messenger
Xenoblade Chronicles 2: DLC

Tons of stuff, I say. And I’ve got Ni No Kuni 2 still sat in an unopened wrapper to play. And I’m playing through Ghost Recon: Wildlands with my buddy and Overwatch with Myp and Dave.

If you have a chum to play with (fnarr) then FC5 is simply brilliant in co op. Best fun I have had in ages.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 20:47 
Bad Girl

TheVision wrote:
I have a feeling that Octopath Traveller will take you a while to get through.

I’m not the sort of person to buy something, play it for 5 minutes, call it amazing/shit and put it back on the pile. I’ve played two big (and excellent) JRPGs through to completion this year (Xenoblade 2 and Persona 5, fact fans). Mind you, it does take me a while to get in the mood for a massive JRPG but usually when they’ve in the deck they stay in.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 22:27 
Paws for thought

Hearthly wrote:
This guy really didn't like the beta, at all.

TL:DR - Looks like shit, runs like shit, game is shit, riddled with bugs, awful controls, PvP is amazingly bad. No way it'll be fixed for launch.

What engine is this running on? It looks like Fallout 3, which was released ten years ago.

Both the gameplay videos I've seen and general impression from people who've played it seem to indicate that this just isn't any good.

It looks old and the general character animations are a joke.

Oh well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:39 
Excellent Member

Bethesda are apparently having Rick & Morty (so Justin Roiland in character I assume) do a livestream of this later in the week. That's some cringey and desperate sounding shit on their part.

https://www.engadget.com/2018/11/02/bet ... rty-logic/

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 14:26 
Hello Hello Hello

Looking good, Bethesda....

Also, Emma Kent seems nice.

Quote:
The trouble began when Reddit user teetharejustdone posted an extensive list of potential issues with Fallout 76 on the Fallout 76 subreddit. Claims ranged from a lack of server checks to verify models and file integrity, to unencrypted client to client communication (allowing players to view other user's in-game stats and even their IP addresses). And indeed, following the recent discovery Fallout 76 can be modded on the player-side, creations have appeared on Nexus Mods which give players an unfair advantage.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... fix-issues

Reply to topic  [ 208 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next