Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Fallout 76
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 23:22 
Thanks

In fairness the helmet is very cool, I was trying to be unimpressed with it but this guy's enthusiasm for it won me over :D

(Direct timestamped link.)

https://youtu.be/jzHLOiVZv7o?t=680

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 0:35 
Esoteric

I've not put the batteries in mine yet but yeah, it's got to be the best collectable they have done. Bit flimsy in areas, but then I won't be throwing it around. I hope one day to get proper display cabs to display all of my Fallout stuff I collected over the last decade.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 13:28 
gooby pls

What a fucking world we live in where people pay £175 for a collectible edition of a game, and the bits of the box that aren't a game are built to a better standard than the game itself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 14:02 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

That helmet does look ace though...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 14:04 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

GazChap wrote:
What a fucking world we live in where people pay £175 for a collectible edition of a game, and the bits of the box that aren't a game are built to a better standard than the game itself.

Well, they cost more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 14:09 
Esoteric

I've wanted a helmet since FO3. I don't look at the merch store they opened because if I did it would be my financial downfall.

It's just irony is all. I remember standing in my pal's room about 13 years back taking the piss out of him because he collected Halo stuff.

Any way back to the game and I've been reading today that they now have a fix list for this end of the year. TBH? two of the things in it are game breakers for me any way, so I won't play it until it's fixed (firstly having your mic on all the time and being forced to speak to others.. Erm, I'm autistic that's a meltdown there) and secondly the motion blur. I always disable it, it makes me feel sick as a dog.

It sounds like they basically released the console game on PC, now need to make it PC. I also suspect that is why FO4 was terrible for ages, then got fixed.

Ed to add... I really don't game much any more. I find most of the stuff these days too fast paced or simply too difficult. The last game I paid full RRP on was FO4 Pip Boy, and since then I've probably bought 10 games for my Xbox @ £9.99 or less, most are not even opened yet (they're for this winter).

The only game I play now for more than 10 mins at a time is FO4, so yes £175 is a lot of money but not when you don't buy any games it's not. It's basically been since FO4 since I splurged on a game.

I wish I could find more stuff that I liked, but I just can't. If it were not for FO4 I would have sold up all of my gaming equipment in all honesty.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 0:38 
Esoteric

I don't know how much truth is in this because I saw it on YT earlier..

Some one reckons that when Bethesda finally secured the online version of Fallout (somewhen in 2012) there was a time limit. So they had only so long to get the game out there. I usually ignore this stuff or spend hours trying to validate it online so I tried the latter and came up empty handed. Obs fine details of it are unknown. However, that may explain why they have released this mess. They have said they will be now working on monthly patches etc to fix it, but why not do that first? If you are releasing a game that in reality is a year from completion (like this seems to be) then why not just finish it first?

I also read today that they were refusing refunds on the grounds of, and I quote "You downloaded and installed it" but have now relinquished that claim.

If it weren't for the tat I would have been doing that very thing. I wasn't looking for much out of this game but it seems even the small bit I wanted isn't happening. Like sit down control support for FO4 VR that was supposedly confirmed. Slipped by the wayside.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:38 
Thanks

Angry Joe's review of this is great (I know he's not everyone's cup of tea but I really rather like him).

He mercilessly rips it a new one, lots of great ingame footage showing how INCREDIBLY broken this game is.

What the fuck were they were even doing releasing this? JC's theory above is kind of the only thing that makes sense because it clearly doesn't work properly at a very fundamental level.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:15 
Esoteric

Hmm. I watched a video about it this morning and apparently if you are looking to just explore a world with friends and family and build things then it's actually pretty good. Which tbh? was the angle I always looked at it from.

It's deffo cheaper than WOW in that regard.

Still not played it, mind. I guess by the time I actually get my rig done the updates will be rolling out and hopefully it will actually work as it's supposed to. My mate has bought it too, so we're gonna play together.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 14:19 
Lupine member

Pretty sure cherry picking one article that says it’s an ok sandbox is the very definition of confirmation bias, especially in the face of such widespread negativity towards it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 14:23 
Esoteric

Lonewolves wrote:
Pretty sure cherry picking one article that says it’s an ok sandbox is the very definition of confirmation bias, especially in the face of such widespread negativity towards it.

Oh no the video still said for everything else it was shit :DD

But that it was a great place to explore at your leisure with friends and family, and you can build etc. That was all I said I wanted from the game if you read back, so once they get the bug fixes in place this December it may well be what I wanted it to be. I would still like private servers mind, but hopefully they will arrive somewhen.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 15:57 
Excellent Painter

https://wornandwound.com/introducing-th ... me-series/

Go on JC, it’ll look rad!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 15:59 
Lupine member

DBSnappa wrote:
https://wornandwound.com/introducing-the-laco-auxiliary-observer-rad-aux-a-watch-inspired-by-the-fallout-game-series/

Go on JC, it’ll look rad!

If he doesn’t get this then he’s no fan at all.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 18:04 
Esoteric

'kin how much? :D

OK well I have now played the game for the first time today. I've been playing for about three hours and I really like it. I don't miss the NPCs much (maybe it's being autistic so I don't like small talk much). I like the way it quests. It reminds me of FO3 when I was doing the secret quests for the special weapons etc. It flows along OK, and I love the graphics (apart from the distance blur, it's nasty, but they fixed that in FO4 so I remain hopeful).

Basically it is everything I wanted it to be, so I am pleased. Can't wait to get my buddy in with me, that will be a really new experience ! I do love the game world though, and the music is fantastic.

Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4