Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 17:59 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43539
Location: The erogenous zone
Only things that I'll be sure to watch are The Highway Rat and The League of Gentlemen Specials.

Anything else caught the Hive Mind's stare?

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 18:03 
User avatar
I'm a computery guy!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 33259
Cebeebies Panto, probably


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 18:05 
User avatar
Lord Humongous

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43539
Location: The erogenous zone
Jesus no.

_________________
Flickr Behance Discogs

'Not without talent but dragged down by bass turgidity'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 18:33 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19420
Ah what, they’re brilliant. Mr Bloom is always excellent, as is Robert the Robot.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 18:44 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43348
Location: West Yorkshire
<narrows eyes>

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 23:33 
User avatar
Kinda Funny Lookin'

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 3115
Location: Sheffield or Chiswick
League of Gentlemen...

Exploding pets and traumatised children, it's great to have them back.

_________________
If work was so rewarding the rich would have bought it all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 3:35 
User avatar
SavyGamer

Joined: 29th Apr, 2008
Posts: 7220
Song of the Sea is on.

I spotted this in Mark Kermode's roundup of good movies on over Christmas, some other good ones too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMwvxTCO6_8


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 15:25 
User avatar
Comfortably Dumb

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 10151
Location: Sunny Stoke
I'm not really one for Christmas TV, but I enjoyed the Upstart Crow special. Although it helps that I saw Love Actually for the first time a few days ago, so I at least got the reference to it.

_________________
Consolemad | Under Logic
Curse, the day is long
Realise you don't belong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 18:15 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12985
Location: Oxford
Big Fat Quiz is on at 21:00 today!

Or for a while afterwards, if you wish to disgrace and demean yourself in front of your family by trying to use All4.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 18:49 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 2811
Location: , Location, Location.
I recommend:

Doodlebugs. Episode 1 gave me a few laughs, particularly the polar bear with his toy petrol can.

300 years of French and Saunders, particular the Poldark sketch.

Joanna Lumley and Jennifer Saunders hit the bubbles in Absolutely Champers.

_________________
'I just can't be arsed.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 18:50 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19420
Is Jennifer Saunders in Doodlebugs?

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 18:54 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 2811
Location: , Location, Location.
No.

As far as I know, anyway.

We haven’t watched a lot of telly over the Eve and the Day as we’re always doing family things and playing games, so I’ve been catching up on stuff we recorded.

Little Women and The Miniaturist look quite promising for tonight.

_________________
'I just can't be arsed.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 19:03 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19420
Ah, I want to watch Little Women, even though I know it will make me cry. Who doesn’t love Angela Lansbury?

Not heard if the miniaturist, shall do a google.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 0:07 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 63773
Location: Your Mum
Kern wrote:
Big Fat Quiz is on at 21:00 today!

Or for a while afterwards, if you wish to disgrace and demean yourself in front of your family by trying to use All4.

Mo Farrah sign!

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 0:34 
SupaMod
User avatar
Everybodys gilf

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46241
Bloody love the Big Fat Quiz

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 0:52 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11069
Grim... wrote:
Kern wrote:
Big Fat Quiz is on at 21:00 today!

Or for a while afterwards, if you wish to disgrace and demean yourself in front of your family by trying to use All4.

Mo Farrah sign!


Yeah, he didn’t fucking wear out that joke a billion sodding times.

And Richard Ayoyade and Noel Fielding doing the same schtick.

“Noel, What’s your answer?”
“TWO NOUNS CRAMMED TOGETHER.”
Studio audience laughs themselves until they audiably shit themselves.
“And what else did you write Richard?”
“I wrote a concurrent series of words that form a sentence”
Studio audience fart their lungs out and die.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 18:14 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 2811
Location: , Location, Location.
Mimi wrote:
Ah, I want to watch Little Women, even though I know it will make me cry. Who doesn’t love Angela Lansbury?

Not heard if the miniaturist, shall do a google.


The Miniaturist is like watching living Vermeer paintings. Visually superb.

_________________
'I just can't be arsed.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 18:25 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19420
Then I shall definitely be watching. When I looked the other day only the first part had aired and I thought I’d probably watch them back to back.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 18:39 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 2811
Location: , Location, Location.
Part 2 is on tonight.

_________________
'I just can't be arsed.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:12 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19420
We watched the miniaturist over the past two nights and it was, indeed, beautiful. It was intriguing and held the attention well over what was, really, a three hour film split over two episodes. Brilliant but if TV and a great recommendation. Thanks Warhead.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:34 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 2811
Location: , Location, Location.
My pleasure, glad you enjoyed it.

I watched the first episode of McMafia, hoping for great things, but I'm undecided about it. The subtitles for the Russian dialogue were on and off too quickly in places, and I felt it needed a bit more plot setting before it launched into the bombing and violence, and when they started talking about financial 'vehicles' and money laundering complexities, I started to lose focus. It might improve, but I'll have to watch it on my own as Mrs W didn't enjoy it at all.

_________________
'I just can't be arsed.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:46 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 43348
Location: West Yorkshire
Warhead wrote:
My pleasure, glad you enjoyed it.

I watched the first episode of McMafia, hoping for great things, but I'm undecided about it. The subtitles for the Russian dialogue were on and off too quickly in places, and I felt it needed a bit more plot setting before it launched into the bombing and violence, and when they started talking about financial 'vehicles' and money laundering complexities, I started to lose focus. It might improve, but I'll have to watch it on my own as Mrs W didn't enjoy it at all.


I liked it. All subtitles should have said "Hey, cousin, let's go bowling" though.

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:51 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 2811
Location: , Location, Location.
MaliA wrote:
Warhead wrote:
My pleasure, glad you enjoyed it.

I watched the first episode of McMafia, hoping for great things, but I'm undecided about it. The subtitles for the Russian dialogue were on and off too quickly in places, and I felt it needed a bit more plot setting before it launched into the bombing and violence, and when they started talking about financial 'vehicles' and money laundering complexities, I started to lose focus. It might improve, but I'll have to watch it on my own as Mrs W didn't enjoy it at all.


I liked it. All subtitles should have said "Hey, cousin, let's go bowling" though.


The TiVo's set to record it all, so I'll give it a go.

The 'Have Your Say' comments about it on the Beeb seem to be quite divided between those who think it's brill and those who ...... er, don't, but that seems to be fairly common, from what I've seen. There are some who just hate the Beeb and never have a good word to say about anything it does.

_________________
'I just can't be arsed.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 23:45 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 19420
Watch d the first two (of three) parts of Luttke Women today. Excellent Lansbury. Fake Dumbledore’s accent still wobbling all over the place despite him having v about six lines, but still quite b articulate. Also a good reason to cry for two hours straight. I knew I would as I read the book when I was wee, but I’ve bot even watched the last bit yet and I’m already sniffled out.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Christmas TV
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2018 0:35 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 2811
Location: , Location, Location.
We thoroughly enjoyed it too. BBC drama at its best.

_________________
'I just can't be arsed.'


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Columbo, Pod People, Warhead and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.