Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Christmas 2017
PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:05 

MaliA wrote:
Rehearsals continue for the xmas day puppet show.

Good job on getting Matthew Corbett in.

Happy Christmas everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:35 
Noob as of 6/8/10

Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
Mimi wrote:
Where you and I were, and Russell is, there was usually a time at which is was deemed appropriate for people to knock off, but it was badly communicated and implemented. IT were always the very last out. I’d usually been finished a good couple of hours by then so would be mooching in the kitchen or hiding in the corner looking at photos with Caz & Di whilst eating biscuits. There were always a couple of departments that had quietly taken it upon themselves to waltz off mid morning, too.

It seemed OK last year as I recall, but yes, there were bits of the IT team that had to hang around to make sure all the supply chain processes went through correctly.

I don’t think I ever finished early on Christmas Eve when I was on internal IT Support. There was always some late screw up that required me to stay on-site until it was resolved, which meant I usually finished late rather than early, even when the rest of the office of around 400 were told they could bog off at about 3pm.

I make it my mission to ensure everything runs as smoothly as possible, so no disruptive changes around that time and in my previous long term job, a fairly well documented plan of everything that would need doing.

You seem to have overlooked the one key uncontrollable factor.

The users.

Some balm pot always seemed to turn up just as I was about to leave, with some incredibly important task that HAD to be completed before ‘close of play’ and without which the government would fall, trade deals would fail, the population would starve, etc.

And this, despite us having a ‘lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on ours’ policy.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 10:36 
Noob as of 6/8/10

BTW, Happy Christmas everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 25, 2017 12:45 
Comfortably Dumb

devilman wrote:
The usual routine has been my parents taking me over to my brother's flat in Sale for a bit of a get-together and present exchanging on Christmas Eve and then on Christmas Day, me wandering over to my parents' house for dinner and a few hours of bad telly. I imagine that'll be the plan this year too if Dad is up to it, but I'm rather hoping my brother will suggest coming to us instead, so that Dad doesn't have to exert himself too much.

Unfortunately, one of Dad's symptoms flared up (even more unfortunately, it's the one that turns him into Buster Gonad) and my brother and his family all came down with the lurgy, so yesterday ended up being a quiet present-exchanging couple of hours at my parents, which actually suited me fine, but wasn't really what everyone else had planned.

Today is a meal at my parents' house later and then my anxiety can start to ease and I can look forward to stuff again. :)

Reply to topic  [ 154 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4