Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Bioshock 'is just System Shock 2 again' developer admits
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 16:55 
Hello Hello Hello

I don't think so, it seems the same to me. The trick is not to go mad with the guns and use the Plasmids, wrench, environments, avoiding fights you don't have to get in, get turrets and cameras to do some of the work for you etc etc. Obvious stuff like matching the weapon and ammo to the enemies as well.

IMO you can't really approach it as a straight-up shooter, although you can pretty much cheese a lot of the fights with the tactics already described earlier in this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 17:04 
Esoteric

I'm a crap shot, mainly caused by heavy meds.

Shame, because Infinite was about as close to gaming perfection as it gets (aside from being slightly linear with many buildings locked or boarded up).

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 20:37 
Hello Hello Hello

I really wasn't a fan of Infinite at all, as detailed at length in this thread......

https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... &sk=t&sd=a

Having had a quick scan over the thread I was somewhat harsh on it because of the checkpointing system and lack of the ability to save, (as well as many other criticisms, but the checkpointing and lack of saves are what really pissed me off), but we were going through a dreadful time with Jnr at that point and the cracks were really starting to show in us as a family unit, so anything that compromised games being a fun escape for me got both barrels.

It's a game I should perhaps give another crack of the whip, although I think many of my criticisms remain valid.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:34 
Can you dig it?

Hearthly wrote:

Graphics wise the game still holds up IMO, I'd expected it to look pretty janky by modern standards but honestly, it still looks fine, although one could argue that's down to the art direction as much as anything else - this always was a beautiful game.

It's nice to just play a game that's entirely self-contained and happy to have a start, middle and end. And let's face it, Rapture is one of the best game worlds ever.

Agree totally. It was a very atmospheric game. I played it on the 360 and was really immersed in the world. The art direction, the creepy sounds and music, all top notch.

Hearthly wrote:
The trick is not to go mad with the guns and use the Plasmids, wrench, environments, avoiding fights you don't have to get in, get turrets and cameras to do some of the work for you etc etc. Obvious stuff like matching the weapon and ammo to the enemies as well.

IMO you can't really approach it as a straight-up shooter, although you can pretty much cheese a lot of the fights with the tactics already described earlier in this thread.

This... It made the game feel more tense, particularly at the beginning - fights were dangerous and had real risk. I thought the way the game doled out ammo was quite well balanced, just enough but without stockpiling. It encouraged exploration too.

Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2