Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 22:18 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12940
The best bit of the new GoW is when you start it up and have that picture of a mountain and then your TV flicks on and off as it powers up your HDR engine and the mountain comes back on screen and looks gorgeous and vibrant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:09 

Joined: 5th Jun, 2018
Posts: 331
My TV seemingly whilst is 4k doesn't like HDR; I'm sure someone can explain to me why but, still looks amazing on mine.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:32 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 67109
Location: Your Mum
Not all 4K TVs are HDR capable.

Note that you may just need to turn HDR on - Microsoft can help with that: https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-x-hdr

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 14:06 

Joined: 5th Jun, 2018
Posts: 331
I think mine isn't compatible, when we first got it we had a bunch of issues with the software being out of date; we called up Toshiba and they sent out the update on a 16 GB flash drive (it was like 300mbs) so whilst it was mildly annoying that we had to wait I was super excited about the free 16 gig drive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 18:22 
User avatar
Excellent Painter

Joined: 30th Apr, 2008
Posts: 6822
Location: Behind you
Also, some 4K TVs only do HDR through HDMI 1. One of my Samsung’s is like this for what I assume is a penny pinching move on their part. Or mine.

_________________
twitter || website
Malibu Stacy. Everybody's favourite back seat driver


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:42 

Joined: 5th Jun, 2018
Posts: 331
4k is good enough for me, the TV was cheap enough so can't really complain.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:34 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12940
I’m going to say that this is The Last of Us or Resident Evil 4 for this generation. It’s that good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 15:16 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 2834
I started it last night and got as far as a big troll who kept handing my arse to me and turned it off as I was tired. Was slightly underwhelmed by the lack of feedback I was getting from hitting the troll with my massive axe. Obviously early doors so not in the groove yet. Will persevere again this evening.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 20:15 

Joined: 5th Jun, 2018
Posts: 331
The trolls are super easy. He swings super slow, when the yellow flashes dodge!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 16:13 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12538
I give up. PS4 wins, there are TOO MANY GAMES on it that I want.

I still really like my XB1X though.

Attachment:
playstaters.JPG


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 16:24 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 10541
There's no point buying Wipeout unless you buy a VR set as well. They've just dropped the price on it again...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 19:51 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12940
Just an FYI to people who might play this, it’s a direct follow up to previous God of War games (despite the name) so you might want to play those or just read the story or summats, I ain’t telling you how to live your life.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I thought it was supposed to be a complete restart for the story, cause I’ve avoided all spoilers, but the story is actually really cool for series vets. When Kratos gets a certain weapon, I got goosebumps. It’s all groovy stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 20:21 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 2834
Satsuma wrote:
Just an FYI to people who might play this, it’s a direct follow up to previous God of War games (despite the name) so you might want to play those or just read the story or summats, I ain’t telling you how to live your life.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I thought it was supposed to be a complete restart for the story, cause I’ve avoided all spoilers, but the story is actually really cool for series vets. When Kratos gets a certain weapon, I got goosebumps. It’s all groovy stuff.


I've not played any of the previous ones. Assumed there was never much of a story to contend with. Oh well, enjoying gow4. May play 3 at some point in future, but I haven't the time to become a series vet.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 14:53 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12940
It’s not a prerequisite by any means. Just read a summary and jump in.

I’m surprised by the world they’ve built here, much of it is optional and completely missable. There’s areas the main mission isn’t interested in showing you but the side quests are awesome. There’s 3 dragons waiting to be released because, why the fuck not. It’s just a pleasure to roam around in and visit the different places and do some quests, do a few badass enemies, do a few puzzles, Christ, there’s absolutely no need but I don’t think I’d feel I’ve appreciated what they’ve built here if I didn’t do the vast majority on offer.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 19:09 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12940
Finished! Fucking amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 19:25 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12538
I will definitely launch this game in the next couple of days. It's the thing that tipped me over into buying the console, I'm just exploring other things first. Plus I can play Wipeout and Super Stardust and Nex Machina whilst Jnr is in the room, whereas God of War will have to wait until she's gone upstairs.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 22:48 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 10541
Hearthly wrote:
I will definitely launch this game in the next couple of days. It's the thing that tipped me over into buying the console, I'm just exploring other things first. Plus I can play Wipeout and Super Stardust and Nex Machina whilst Jnr is in the room, whereas God of War will have to wait until she's gone upstairs.


Playing Wipeout without VR isn't worth it. If it helps, there's an official charge stand you could spunk an extra £50 on?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 23:29 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4792
Wow, Teal'c from Stargate SG1 voices Kratos now!?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:33 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12538
Woah this game comes out swinging! (Literally, as well as figuratively.)

I got the last episode of THE STAIRCASE watched downstairs in the kitchen before Mrs H and Jnr went upstairs, so as soon as I had the lounge to myself (19:35 on the dot as usual, Jnr is very precise) I kicked the game off. (I already had the PS4 turned on with the GOD OF WAR icon highlighted, ready to get going).

Next thing I know it's 11pm and I'm ready to call an end to the session, mind blown at just how fucking good this game is.

No spoilers here of course (and I've only just got going anyway), and I should note I've never played any of the other games in this series. However, right from the off the game let me know what was going on, who the protagonists are, and why I should care about them - I was invested in it immediately, I bought into the game world and the character I'm playing.

It kind of does the standard issue 'tutorial' level where you're getting used to the controls, but the combat starts out tough (I'm on the normal difficulty level, there's two above normal and one below) and really doesn't fuck about. The standard enemies are dangerous enough, and the first boss fight handed my arse to me on a plate, many times over, until I achieved a degree of competency in battle, and the second one (there are two boss fights in what you'd call the first level) just as much so - but by crikey it's satisfying to take the bastards out.

I'm doing my standard issue playstyle of trying to explore every nook and cranny, and there all sorts of goodies and secrets to find if you have a poke about, little puzzles to solve and suchlike.

It looks and sounds amazing, I don't really like the pad controls but that's just me not being very good at using a pad, and I was getting better at them as the session went on.

It's early doors yet, but unless this suddenly turns into a completely different game, it seems to be real top drawer material.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:16 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12538
MY WEEKEND BY HEARTHLY AGED 44.

Friday night - Played God of War until it was too late to carry on playing.

Saturday night - See Friday night.

THE END.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:32 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12538
Sunday night, see previous entries.

I think the last time combat felt this good was Borderlands 2.

I love the way it's really tough but scrupulously fair, the regular deaths are no problem because there's no real loading time to speak of and it generally puts you right back at the start of the fight you just died on, so no running back to the area or twaddle like that.

The relationship between Kratos and Atreus is wonderfully well done, and I'm genuinely invested into wanting to find out how it develops. Atreus is also a great AI companion, I was slightly worried the game would be one massive annoying escort quest but it's no such thing, he's not just useful, he's essential.

Worth getting the console for? I certainly don't regret it.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:14 

Joined: 5th Jun, 2018
Posts: 331
Hearthly wrote:
Sunday night, see previous entries.

I think the last time combat felt this good was Borderlands 2.

I love the way it's really tough but scrupulously fair, the regular deaths are no problem because there's no real loading time to speak of and it generally puts you right back at the start of the fight you just died on, so no running back to the area or twaddle like that.

The relationship between Kratos and Atreus is wonderfully well done, and I'm genuinely invested into wanting to find out how it develops. Atreus is also a great AI companion, I was slightly worried the game would be one massive annoying escort quest but it's no such thing, he's not just useful, he's essential.

Worth getting the console for? I certainly don't regret it.



Oh mate, the game is so SO good, I've completed the main mission and going for all the secrets now; definitely my favourite GoW to date.

Watching the way the relationship between Kratos and Atreus develops throughout the story is really nice, seeing Kratos softening up a little but NOT TO MUCH BECAUSE HE MUST SHOUT BOY.

Top tip for you below for later on;

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Practice your dodging, you'll need it for fighting the valkyries and max out Atreus' skills early on and don't forget to spam square when necessary


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:09 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12538
That's five straight evenings I've done nothing but play God of War.

Ordinarily, even with a game I'm really into, I'll take an evening off to watch a film or suchlike, but God of War has leapfrogged over everything else and is consuming every 'evening slot' of entertainment. I'm even playing it when Jnr is in the room, albeit limiting myself to peaceful pursuits and the crafting/character screens and whatnot. (She's nearly 14 anyway, but I am mindful that the game is an 18.)

She is very interested in the game and asks lots of questions about Kratos and Atreus, and loves the way they interact with each other.

I do get a bit fingers and thumbs when the combat really kicks off, and I think I'm about at the limit of how many button combos I can keep in my head at once, (the way the controls change when you've got the axe in hand, and when not, still catches me out sometimes), but it's not a major problem. (If I feel a fight hasn't gone well I just let myself die and have another go, the checkpointing is consistently superb and pretty much without fail just puts you right back at the start of the fight that killed you.)

Oh yes and it's got a manual save as well, so hooray for that. YES I'M STILL LOOKING AT YOU BIOSHOCK INFINITE.

As a single player experience it reminds me of how I felt first playing through the original Max Payne, seventeen years ago, I want to find everything out about the story, the characters, the world, and to experience every last beat of the combat and encounters.

I am surprised, frankly, that this game isn't generating more love here at BEEX. If you have a PS4, you really should have this, and if you haven't got a PS4, get one, and then get this.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:47 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 53523
Location: Liberty City
I sold my PS4 and got an Xbox because you said they were really good.

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:11 
User avatar
Excellent Painter

Joined: 30th Apr, 2008
Posts: 6822
Location: Behind you
Lonewolves wrote:
I sold my PS4 and got an Xbox because you said they were really good.

And you’re on your third car in so many months...

_________________
twitter || website
Malibu Stacy. Everybody's favourite back seat driver


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:13 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 53523
Location: Liberty City
DBSnappa wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
I sold my PS4 and got an Xbox because you said they were really good.

And you’re on your third car in so many months...

:DD

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:28 

Joined: 5th Jun, 2018
Posts: 331
Hearthly wrote:
That's five straight evenings I've done nothing but play God of War.

Ordinarily, even with a game I'm really into, I'll take an evening off to watch a film or suchlike, but God of War has leapfrogged over everything else and is consuming every 'evening slot' of entertainment. I'm even playing it when Jnr is in the room, albeit limiting myself to peaceful pursuits and the crafting/character screens and whatnot. (She's nearly 14 anyway, but I am mindful that the game is an 18.)

She is very interested in the game and asks lots of questions about Kratos and Atreus, and loves the way they interact with each other.

I do get a bit fingers and thumbs when the combat really kicks off, and I think I'm about at the limit of how many button combos I can keep in my head at once, (the way the controls change when you've got the axe in hand, and when not, still catches me out sometimes), but it's not a major problem. (If I feel a fight hasn't gone well I just let myself die and have another go, the checkpointing is consistently superb and pretty much without fail just puts you right back at the start of the fight that killed you.)

Oh yes and it's got a manual save as well, so hooray for that. YES I'M STILL LOOKING AT YOU BIOSHOCK INFINITE.

As a single player experience it reminds me of how I felt first playing through the original Max Payne, seventeen years ago, I want to find everything out about the story, the characters, the world, and to experience every last beat of the combat and encounters.

I am surprised, frankly, that this game isn't generating more love here at BEEX. If you have a PS4, you really should have this, and if you haven't got a PS4, get one, and then get this.


I've unlocked all the abilities and such for the axe, SO many times I forget I've thrown my axe and I'm trying to do something else with it and it isn't working and I'm getting mad because "WHY ISN'T MY AXE THROWING1?!!?" Yeah that never goes away lol.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:26 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12538
Lonewolves wrote:
I sold my PS4 and got an Xbox because you said they were really good.


That doesn't sound like the sort of thing I'd say :o

In fairness the XB1X is a really good console. In terms of hardware, UI, controllers*, store, features etc I'd say it's the better system, but the PS4 has some games you just can't get anywhere else.

* The XBox pad design is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the DS design. Also the DS has a shit built-in battery whereas the XBox pads just take good old AAs. The first thing I Googled about my PS4 experience was 'Dualshock poor battery life'.

EDIT - Is there a 'main' PS4 thread like there is for XBox One?

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:27 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12940
I was exactly the same with the axe! Still, great combat even if the move set is a bit limited (and any moves that require a stance switch aren’t well implemented. The pause between switching stance is far too long). It ain’t exactly DmC but it does a good job.

I loved mucking around in each area finding all the chests or looking for three runes to open a chest. They packed a reasonable amount into each area for the most part.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:36 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12940
Quote:
In fairness the XB1X is a really good console. In terms of hardware, UI, controllers*, store, features etc I'd say it's the better system, but the PS4 has some games you just can't get anywhere else.


Hardware: yes.
UI: not even fucking close
Store: not even fucking close
Features: it still doesn’t even let you record fucking chat!

Quote:
* The XBox pad design is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the DS design.


Nope. Smaller hands find the DualShock better in my experience. And the D pad is better.

Quote:
Also the DS has a sweet built-in battery whereas the XBox pads just take good old AAs. The first thing I Googled about my PS4 experience was 'Dualshock poor battery life'.


Why did you google that? I doubt your pad has died in a month of usage. Personally, I find it disgusting that Xbox doesn’t give you a rechargeable controller out the box. Who wants to buy batteries these days? But you can get a rechargeable Xbox pad yet you need to spend even more money. And they ain’t exactly dirt cheap. When your competition gives them away I reckon it’s a piss take. I’ve had my OG PS4 since release and the OG DualShock is still going. So, whatevs?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:49 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 10541
Hearthly wrote:
The XBox pad design is just SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the DS design. Also the DS has a shit built-in battery whereas the XBox pads just take good old AAs. The first thing I Googled about my PS4 experience was 'Dualshock poor battery life'.


These days I wouldn't say that one is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much better than the other, but I do prefer the Xbone pad for sure. The PS3 pad was fucking embarrassingly awful and was a very big reason for me preferring the 360 last gen, but the PS4 pad is much improved to the point it doesn't overly bother me. The battery life isn't awful on the PS4 pads, but I agree it's not brilliant. I've got a charging station thing though so as long as I remember to drop the pad onto that every couple of days it's fine and has never caused me to not be able to play a game when I wanted to. Absolute worst case scenario you could just plug a long USB lead in and charge while you play I suppose. Actively wanting to have to put bloody batteries into a pad is properly mental loony of you though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:52 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 10541
Hearthly wrote:
Is there a 'main' PS4 thread like there is for XBox One?


We have this thing called 'search'?

https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... start=2340


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:54 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12538
Satsuma wrote:
Hardware: yes.
UI: not even fucking close
Store: not even fucking close
Features: it still doesn’t even let you record fucking chat!


Well the last three are semi-subjective. Maybe I'm just more familiar with the XB1's way of doing things but I'm finding the PS approach a bit clonky by comparison. I can get myself around the XB1X's interface very easily and it's all snappy and fast and responsive.

Quote:
Nope. Smaller hands find the DualShock better in my experience. And the D pad is better.


Pffft.

Quote:
Why did you google that? I doubt your pad has died in a month of usage. Personally, I find it disgusting that Xbox doesn’t give you a rechargeable controller out the box. Who wants to buy batteries these days? But you can get a rechargeable Xbox pad yet you need to spend even more money. And they ain’t exactly dirt cheap. When your competition gives them away I reckon it’s a piss take. I’ve had my OG PS4 since release and the OG DualShock is still going. So, whatevs?


No I don't mean the battery has died or isn't holding a charge, I mean the battery life from a full charge isn't amazing. I've turned the stupid lights down to minimum and told it to turn itself off after 10 minutes which helps, but after a whole evening's play of God Of War it's showing half empty and I feel I need to charge it again to guarantee the next full session, so I've basically had to charge it daily for the last five days, which I think is bobbins.

A good set of alkalines in an XBox pad last for ages and when they go flat it's a 30 second job to pop them out and stick a new set in.

Oh yes the PS4 Pro has an audible fan noise when under load, and the XB1X doesn't.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:55 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12538
Bamba wrote:
Hearthly wrote:
Is there a 'main' PS4 thread like there is for XBox One?


We have this thing called 'search'?

https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... start=2340


I couldn't find that thread. I add 'boobies' to all my searches for everything so maybe that didn't help.

Maybe a MODERATOR could move these non-God of War posts to that thread.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:06 
User avatar
Excellent Member

Joined: 25th Jul, 2010
Posts: 10541
Hearthly wrote:
I couldn't find that thread.


It's the fifth one in the list:

https://www.beexcellenttoeachother.com/ ... mit=Search

The trick is to "Display results as" 'Topics' and "Search within" 'Topic titles only'.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:08 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12940
Quote:
Xbox UI


It’s universally panned as being worse. PSN has more options to get you to where you want to go or for just perusing different styles of games, deals, etc etc.

Plus I don’t have to tab past “entertainment” or “social” (I think) to look at it. J/K.

Quote:
A good set of alkalines in an XBox pad last for ages and when they go flat it's a 30 second job to pop them out and stick a new set in.


It’s still more of a faff (and expense) than just plugging in the usb wire and continuing to play. I appreciate the wire that comes with it is on the short side though.

Quote:
Oh yes the PS4 Pro has an audible fan noise when under load, and the XB1X doesn't.


The X1X is sexy kit, no doubt at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:40 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15374
Location: Parts unknown
Satsuma wrote:
Features: it still doesn’t even let you record fucking chat!


Aha, got you! It does! Admitedlly it's a bit of a faff to get sorted, but you can do it.



Last edited by Grim... on Wed Jun 20, 2018 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
Fixed the YouTube link


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:58 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12538
Bamba wrote:
The trick is to "Display results as" 'Topics' and "Search wit[hin" 'Topic titles only'.


I didn't do that, I am a n00b searcher.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 13:01 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12940
OR DOES IT!?

(Your link isn’t working)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 14:07 

Joined: 5th Jun, 2018
Posts: 331
Yeah but we can all agree that PC>PlayStation>Xbox amirite?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 14:33 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 67109
Location: Your Mum
Christ, no.

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 15:33 

Joined: 5th Jun, 2018
Posts: 331
:D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 16:06 
User avatar
Bad Girl

Joined: 20th Apr, 2008
Posts: 12940
Hearthly wrote:
Quote:
Nope. Smaller hands find the DualShock better in my experience. And the D pad is better.


Pffft.


And does the Xbox pad have a bright light on the front of its controller that’s rather pointless? No.
But does the Xbox pad have a trackpad that no one uses? No.
Does the Xbox pad have a lil speaker that hardly any games use? No.
Ahhh, you might say, but does the DualShock have cool rumble triggers that hardly any games use effectively? No.

So I think we know who the best joypad winner is here. The Switch. Natch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 16:28 
User avatar
ugvm'er at heart...

Joined: 4th Mar, 2010
Posts: 20990
I'm thinking about buying god of war, is there a thread I can read about it to decide?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 16:36 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 67109
Location: Your Mum
http://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps4/god_of_war_ot

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:04 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12538
I am playing this with a walkthrough, I've never been a massive fan of puzzley type stuff and it really annoys me when I see things I can't work out how to get to, or to look on a zone summary screen (which GoW has) where it lists 'UNDISCOVERED' or 'MYSTERIOUS FACES OF DEAD SHIT FROM A LONG TIME AGO 4/6' and I have no idea where the other 2 are. Also GoW likes to require backtracking in places, so I can't always be sure if something is simply impossible to reach at that moment in time, or if I'm too stupid to work it out.

In one zone there were two side areas that I got totally stumped on, so I went off and did the main questline in the zone (with a walkthrough), and then returned to the two side areas (now with the walkthrough) and was like, 'Yeah, I'd never have worked that out'.

I'm actually enjoying the game more, as I can concentrate on the story, the characters, pimping out Kratos, the combat and generally just enjoying the game - without worrying about how to open up irritating doors and find secret thingies.

(In one of the side areas was a fantastically tough fight with two mega-hard enemies that I really enjoyed sussing out and getting the better of, without the walkthrough explaining how to get in there in the first place, I'd have missed it completely.)

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:12 

Joined: 5th Jun, 2018
Posts: 331
Hearthly wrote:
I am playing this with a walkthrough, I've never been a massive fan of puzzley type stuff and it really annoys me when I see things I can't work out how to get to, or to look on a zone summary screen (which GoW has) where it lists 'UNDISCOVERED' or 'MYSTERIOUS FACES OF DEAD SHIT FROM A LONG TIME AGO 4/6' and I have no idea where the other 2 are. Also GoW likes to require backtracking in places, so I can't always be sure if something is simply impossible to reach at that moment in time, or if I'm too stupid to work it out.

In one zone there were two side areas that I got totally stumped on, so I went off and did the main questline in the zone (with a walkthrough), and then returned to the two side areas (now with the walkthrough) and was like, 'Yeah, I'd never have worked that out'.

I'm actually enjoying the game more, as I can concentrate on the story, the characters, pimping out Kratos, the combat and generally just enjoying the game - without worrying about how to open up irritating doors and find secret thingies.

(In one of the side areas was a fantastically tough fight with two mega-hard enemies that I really enjoyed sussing out and getting the better of, without the walkthrough explaining how to get in there in the first place, I'd have missed it completely.)


Lol, I was off rowing about in the lake happy as Larry doing what I like, when I came upon one of the towers and went up and for the first time discovered the realm tears, as a level 2-3 I opened this tear to have two level 6 Hel-Vikens spawn and proceed to reem my ass in two hits, I died approx~ 15 times before I decided that I was not currently strong enough to kill these creatures and came back later!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 18:28 
User avatar
ugvm'er at heart...

Joined: 4th Mar, 2010
Posts: 20990
I have treated my self and ordered this, it better be good or you are all in trouble.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 18:44 
User avatar
Rude Belittler

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 4792
The complete list of faults I found with the game:

Enemy variety is a little low.

That is all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: God of war (PS4)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 15:58 
User avatar
Thanks

Joined: 11th May, 2008
Posts: 12538
I showed this to a couple of chums when they were round yesterday afternoon before we went to the pub.

CHUM#1 - Owns a PS4. Has bought the game since seeing it yesterday.

CHUM#2 - Doesn't have a PS4. Is now getting a PS4 Pro, primarily to play God of War. (And also Wipeout Omega Collection which he immediately fell in love with.)

The game pretty much sells itself, heck, it basically sells the PS4.

Also, everyone agreed it's much nicer in upscaled 1080p with the framerate unlocked, than in 4K with the 30FPS target that in reality it misses a lot of time with really obvious motion blur. <<<< If you're playing this game on a Pro, put it in 'Favour Performance' mode.

_________________
The Premium YouTube Fruit Machine Emulation Experience - https://www.youtube.com/c/DegsyDegworth
Only £2 per month! *
* Not really.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 196 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Columbo and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.