Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 1720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2020 23:38 
User avatar
Comfortably Dumb

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 11806
Location: Sunny Stoke
Attachment:
IMG_20201121_222805.jpg

Ordered it yesterday and was due for delivery on Tuesday, but it came at 10am this morning.

Rather happy with it so far. I was rather optimistically hoping that using the Google Assistant, it might know which films I already own on each platform, but nope, it assumes films I want to watch are on Google unless I tell it otherwise. The remote can be used to control power/volume/inputs on the TV, but all 10 Hitachi codes failed to work on mine, but the first code for Bush TVs worked straight off, so that pretty much relegates my original TV remote.

The available apps are very US-focused it seems, so there's no Britbox (although that's not on the Xbox either, so I've still yet to even trial it) or UKTV Play etc, but it has all the core apps I use really.

I tend to speak pretty quietly, so trying out the voice stuff, I tested out 'play die hard 2' as I had that in my Google Library, only it heard 'play bad blood' and promptly loaded up Spotify and played Taylor Swift at me instead.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Consolemad | Under Logic
Curse, the day is long
Realise you don't belong


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 0:19 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 16180
Location: Parts unknown
devilman wrote:
I tend to speak pretty quietly, so trying out the voice stuff, I tested out 'play die hard 2' as I had that in my Google Library, only it heard 'play bad blood' and promptly loaded up Spotify and played Taylor Swift at me instead.


Welcome to the future where Taylor Swift is no longer optional.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2020 0:20 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46484
Location: Cheshire
TheVision wrote:
devilman wrote:
I tend to speak pretty quietly, so trying out the voice stuff, I tested out 'play die hard 2' as I had that in my Google Library, only it heard 'play bad blood' and promptly loaded up Spotify and played Taylor Swift at me instead.


Welcome to the future where Taylor Swift is no longer optional.


Welcome to the MaliVerse

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:15 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4311
Location: , Location, Location.
Attachment:
Robin feeder.jpg


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:16 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 46484
Location: Cheshire
I like that

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:28 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 22281
I saw a birdhouse feeder Kickstarter on IG the other day which was basically like a Ring doorbell, but for birds. It was over £100 which made it unattainable to me (being only one of the issues, the second being my lack of garden) but maybe they will be a new thing one day? I hope so :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:34 
User avatar
Heavy Metal Tough Guy

Joined: 31st Mar, 2008
Posts: 5723
My neighbour is a bit of a bird nerd with a big garden, and he has a load of little wildlife cameras about. He's being doing bird surveys for decades, which apparently the RSPB love as it's quite rare to get continuous data from a single spot for that long.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:23 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4311
Location: , Location, Location.
MaliA wrote:
I like that

Me too. And I hope the robins do.

They've not been getting their fair share, as I have a feeding station thingy with five hooks for various food holders and a tray for other food, but robins are ground or table feeders so I wanted something specifically for them and other smaller birds and that the squirrels can't get to.

Trouble is, I don't have many suitable places to hang the new feeder, but if they don't take to it where it now is, I can buy a pole that it screws on to, so I could have it almost anywhere.

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:25 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4311
Location: , Location, Location.
Mimi wrote:
I saw a birdhouse feeder Kickstarter on IG the other day which was basically like a Ring doorbell, but for birds. It was over £100 which made it unattainable to me (being only one of the issues, the second being my lack of garden) but maybe they will be a new thing one day? I hope so :D

Our neighbours bought me a nesting box with an internal camera for Christmas a few years ago. It works quite well, but regrettably no birds have ever used it.

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:25 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4311
Location: , Location, Location.
Squirt wrote:
My neighbour is a bit of a bird nerd with a big garden, and he has a load of little wildlife cameras about. He's being doing bird surveys for decades, which apparently the RSPB love as it's quite rare to get continuous data from a single spot for that long.

This could be my next project.

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:32 
User avatar
gooby pls

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 13014
Location: Shropshire, UK
Warhead wrote:
Attachment:
Robin feeder.jpg

Not pictured: a small army of squirrels drawing up plans.

_________________
Mostly pointless witterings of a fool. gazchap.com
Source Design - Graphic Design and Web Design Shropshire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:43 
User avatar
sneering elitist

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 3196
Location: Broseley
Our immediate neighbour has just bought a fancy pants bird feeder for their garden, and I can't help but feel it's a little unfair on the birds given the danger posed by 5 cats living next door.

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:54 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 20503
Location: shropshire, uk
I am in the same boat, I think next door have 4, and they seem to party on my lawn :)

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:02 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 15590
Location: Oxford
Adds an element of suspense and danger.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:40 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 55221
Location: Liberty City
Jem wrote:
Our immediate neighbour has just bought a fancy pants bird feeder for their garden, and I can't help but feel it's a little unfair on the birds given the danger posed by 5 cats living next door.

It’s lovely of them to provide a cat feeder for you.

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 13:17 
User avatar
sneering elitist

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 3196
Location: Broseley
Would prefer it if Quincy didn't bring his kills inside and drop them all over the sofa though.

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2020 14:10 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4311
Location: , Location, Location.
GazChap wrote:
Warhead wrote:
Attachment:
Robin feeder.jpg

Not pictured: a small army of squirrels drawing up plans.

There are three of them and I have a feeder especially for them that they are gradually destroying. It's one that was for the birds, but the squirrels gnawed through some of the wires to make it easier for them to extract whole nuts, so I now fill it with nuts just for them.

There used to be quite a few cats in the area, but recently there are more dogs. This seems to keep the cats away and the dogs only tend to chase the squirrels, so it's worked out quite nicely.

We used to put monkey nuts out for the squirrels, by they'd just bury them and then either magpies or crows would dig them up, and they never tidied the shells away, so we gave up on that.

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:31 
SupaMod
User avatar
"Praisebot"

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 16180
Location: Parts unknown
Some Velcro straps for tying up cables. Aren't they pretty?


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:35 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 20503
Location: shropshire, uk
A Nest system.

Had to replace the HIve as it was not compatible. As screwfix did not sell the combi receiver on its own. Thought I would spend a few pounds more and get the nest.

I can now shout and the heating can change.


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What have you bought?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:43 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 20503
Location: shropshire, uk
TheVision wrote:
Some Velcro straps for tying up cables. Aren't they pretty?


I just got the black ones

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 1720 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot] and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.