Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: My Back hurts
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:29 
Isn't that lovely?

This morning I was carrying a clothes horse up the stairs, and my lower back "went" I've had pain there before from bad posture or whatever. But this is different, this seems to be a "band" of pain stretching to both sides. It was easing up after about 30 minutes of not doing much, and then I went to put sun cream on the kids faces. I managed 2 fine, but then when I went to do my youngest, it went again.

Those of you with a keen mind/memory will recall that I mentioned I was lugging furniture around yesterday and ripping up floors and stuff. I assume I've done some muscle in or something doing that, and it was waiting for the metaphorical straw to break the metaphorical camel's (and the not quite so metaphorical) back before it gave up.

The thing is I'm going to need to shift the furniture back around (it's currently all sat in the dining room, and that floor is being done as well) and I don't know if I'll be able to manage it. I hope that by not doing anything for the rest of the morning, by the time they have finished the living rooms I'll be ok to move the furniture back.

Malc

Post subject: Re: My Back hurts
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 8:53 
Best
Board Mother

Have a hot bath or shower - seriously - get some heat on the muscles, rub in some heat rub afterwards if you have some. If it persists SEE YOUR DOCTOR.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:02 
Isn't that lovely?

Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Have a hot bath or shower - seriously - get some heat on the muscles, rub in some heat rub afterwards if you have some. If it persists SEE YOUR DOCTOR.

I'm working tho. It eases with support (ie when I'm sitting back in my desk chair).

I've never done my back in before , but I've "pulled" other muscles, and it feels like that. It's just in a more inconvinient location.

I will definatly be having a hot bath this evening, but I can't really get one before then.

Malc

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:30 
Meh

Sounds like a lower back strain to me.

If it is it will most probably start to spasm and be very stiff tomorrow. I would advise against heavy lifting as if you have only a minor strain this could cause it to become a major one.

Leave it 24 hours and see how it is then, you may have just tweaked in in which case it should be considerably better by then.If it isn't then get down to the Doctors for some pain killers and expect a recovery time of 7-10 days.

I am not a Doctor but I have had several years of back problems so I have learnt through experience.

Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]