Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 1157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:25 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15758
Yeah I remember it going onto the discard pile. I might just read up and see how it ended, same with The Walking Dead (has that actually even ended?).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 19:33 
User avatar
Decapodian

Joined: 15th Oct, 2010
Posts: 4102
TWD is still going, and there is a new series coming set even further into the future.

The comics concluded properly though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 7:06 
User avatar
Excellent Painter

Joined: 30th Apr, 2008
Posts: 6992
Location: Behind you
TheVision wrote:
This time last year, we lost my dad.

To mark the anniversary, this morning we have donated £1500 to the hospice that cared for him in his final days. We've got another £1500 to go to Prostate Cancer UK later this week.

Well done you!

Where do you get those massive chequebooks from?
i think if you’re going to ironically pay someone by cheque, you should do it massively. You know, a bit like your 85 year old maiden aunt who still sends you a cheque for a fiver every year for your birthday. I could start doing that to my niece...

_________________
twitter || website
Malibu Stacy. Everybody's favourite back seat driver


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:32 
User avatar
ugvm'er at heart...

Joined: 4th Mar, 2010
Posts: 21527
DBSnappa wrote:
TheVision wrote:
This time last year, we lost my dad.

To mark the anniversary, this morning we have donated £1500 to the hospice that cared for him in his final days. We've got another £1500 to go to Prostate Cancer UK later this week.

Well done you!

Where do you get those massive chequebooks from?
i think if you’re going to ironically pay someone by cheque, you should do it massively. You know, a bit like your 85 year old maiden aunt who still sends you a cheque for a fiver every year for your birthday. I could start doing that to my niece...


https://www.jumbocheques.co.uk/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2020 19:24 
User avatar
Decapodian

Joined: 15th Oct, 2010
Posts: 4102
My Vespa passed it’s MOT today. Yay

I’d done just under 1000 miles since last year. Nay


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 14:00 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 68073
Location: Your Mum
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
I’d done just under 1000 miles since last year. Nay

Or: yay because that's helping the resale value ;)

How many miles do you normally do?

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The 'Nay!' but 'Yay!' Thread
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 18:15 
User avatar
Decapodian

Joined: 15th Oct, 2010
Posts: 4102
Grim... wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
I’d done just under 1000 miles since last year. Nay

Or: yay because that's helping the resale value ;)

How many miles do you normally do?


Not huge. I think I averaged 2300 a year on the previous one I had. I’d done more on the Kawasaki I had in between but that was doing some commuting as well.

I got it at a very good price so it’s not depreciated at all in a year and a half.

My Mini convertible is doing well too. In 32 months and 22k miles it only seems to have lost about £3k.

I need to keep buying vehicles in the dead of winter.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 1157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: devilman, Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.