Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

How do you feel about Britain leaving the EU?
1) I want the UK out of the EU at all costs. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
2) I want out of the EU, unless there is some show stopper that means we should stay in. 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
3) I want out of the EU, but could easily be persuaded to stay in. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
4) Not sure if we should stay in or out. 8%  8%  [ 3 ]
5) I want to stay in the EU, but could easily be persuaded to leave. 2%  2%  [ 1 ]
6) I want to stay in the EU, unless there is a showstopper that means we should leave. 59%  59%  [ 22 ]
7) I want the UK to stay in the EU at all costs. 27%  27%  [ 10 ]
Total votes : 37
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:22 
User avatar
Prince of Fops

Joined: 14th May, 2009
Posts: 2742
Kern wrote:
I'm half-tempted to load up 'Chatroulette' later and ask people what they think about the general policy direction of the Juncker commission or their views on the democratic legitimacy of the co-decision procedure.


This would be brilliant.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:48 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 66916
Location: Your Mum
Can you restrict it to the UK?

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:57 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
No idea. I'm pretty sure before I got onto that question, let alone the intricacies of the proportionality principle, I'd just be seeing a cock.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:26 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
Whale Leave flotilla on Thames.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:44 
User avatar
sneering elitist

Joined: 25th May, 2014
Posts: 2269
Location: Broseley
Brexit flotilla’s star trawler was involved in £63m fishing fraud

_________________
i make websites


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:49 
User avatar
Sleepyhead

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 26871
Location: Kidbrooke
It's like the shittiest naval battle in history.

_________________
I've got a bad feeling about this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:59 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
I'm trying to resist the urge to look up all the times in history when flotillas from Europe have sailed up the Thames, no matter how funny the resulting post would be.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:00 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47912
Kern wrote:


Quote:
There have been reports of brief, light-hearted skirmishes, including the exchange of hose fire.


Amazing.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 12:45 
User avatar
gooby pls

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 12424
Location: Shrewsbury, UK
I wish this one would end up in the Thames.

_________________
Mostly pointless witterings of a fool. gazchap.com
Source Design - Graphic Design and Web Design Shropshire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 18:14 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
The Spectator, unsurprisingly, goes for OUT.

Interesting blog post and worth reading if you want to hear a calm argument from the Brexit side. It gains bonus points for referencing the Hapsburgs, the Glorious Revolution, and the American Civil War.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 19:05 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 32182
Anyone who wants to sound like Kern at their next dinner party could do worse than the memorise this

Brexit: how a fringe idea took hold of the Tory party

http://gu.com/p/4y44y?CMP=Share_Android ... _clipboard


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 19:55 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
I am also available for weddings, christenings, and bar mitzvahs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 21:26 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
Saw this flyer on the street earlier:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 21:31 
User avatar
Decapodian

Joined: 15th Oct, 2010
Posts: 3784
It would mean an end to Cameron as PM, and Boris replacing him.
Hardly a socialist win there.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 21:40 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
No, what happens is that the workers will lose their false consciousness, throw off their chains, and rise up against the bourgeoisie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 21:47 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Joined: 17th Dec, 2008
Posts: 8248
Kern wrote:
No, what happens is that the workers will lose their false consciousness, throw off their chains, and rise up against the bourgeoisie

...and cavey will be furious.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 21:50 
Filthy Junkie Bitch

Joined: 17th Dec, 2008
Posts: 8248
Question I asked myself earlier, if we vote leave does that make Farage unemployed? It's a tempting thought...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 21:56 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47912
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
It would mean an end to Cameron as PM, and Boris replacing him.
Hardly a socialist win there.


And most likely an end to minimum wages, working time regs, maternity pay, guaranteed paid leave, and a bastard load of other things. They've not really thought this through.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 22:12 
User avatar
Ticket to Ride World Champion

Joined: 18th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11671
Not my fault gov, wouldn't be in this situation of it weren't for them immigants. They caused me to cut my nose off, they did. Coming over here with their fancy words like 'umon rites'. Sounds dodgy, gov, some sort of eastern Europe cult,no doubt.

_________________
No, it was a giant robot castle!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 22:43 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
Marx was an immigrant, after all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 22:46 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45124
Location: West Yorkshire
Communist plot uncovered in Highgate

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 22:46 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 32182
Cras wrote:
working time regs

Quite. There's a far-from-impossible scenario looming where Prime Minister Johnson "sets businesses free" by "cutting red tape" and repeals the Working Time Directive. Do you reckon employers like Sports Direct will be giving people 28 days of paid leave once it's not legally mandatory? Do you think they won't be pressuring low paid workers into working 50 or 60 or more hours per week as a contracted obligation?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 22:50 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
Just as well we've got a strong opposition party that believes in that and people willing to pound the streets and knock on doors at all hours to get them into government so these things that matter are kept.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:39 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15229
The first thing they'll do is destroy the unions so that a left wing opposition party becomes impossible to fund.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:54 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20529
MaliA wrote:
Communist plot uncovered in Highgate

This deserves some smattering of applause at least.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:41 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
One week to go.

I think my game plan for 'Eurovision: Civil War' will be to watch the exit polls and coverage at the start, then turn in and get up around 4 AM. I'll probably have the bedside radio on just in case something big happens.

Private drinking games? Shot of wine for every area that goes 'remain'; shot of beer for every area that goes 'out'?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:44 
Awesome
User avatar
Yes

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11731
Kern wrote:
One week to go.

I think my game plan for 'Eurovision: Civil War' will be to watch the exit polls and coverage at the start, then turn in and get up around 4 AM. I'll probably have the bedside radio on just in case something big happens.

Private drinking games? Shot of wine for every area that goes 'remain'; shot of beer for every area that goes 'out'?

What? Is this a FPTP referendum rather than an overall majority vote?

_________________
Always proof read carefully in case you any words out

Do some price comparison on games, DVDs, books or CDs at Find It Cheapest.com
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:45 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
No, it's overall vote but the counting will be done by local authority area.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:47 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
BBC FAQ:

Quote:
...counts will get under way when polls close at 22:00 GMT Thursday, 23 June at 382 local centres around the UK. These local results will be declared as the counts are completed before being collated at 12 regional centres, which will also declare the totals for each side. There will be a rolling total so the time at which one side reaches the point of being mathematically unbeatable depends on how quickly the vote are counted and how close the results are running. It is a safe bet that from 4am onwards there should be pretty clear picture of which way the vote is going. A chief counting officer will announce the overall result at Manchester Town Hall.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:50 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
On the night itself, Michael Gove and David Cameron will both be hooked onto cranes. The more votes they get, the higher their opponent will be lifted. Once the 50%+1 mark is reached, the loser will be dropped into the Channel.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:52 
Awesome
User avatar
Yes

Joined: 6th Apr, 2008
Posts: 11731
Flipping heck.

_________________
Always proof read carefully in case you any words out

Do some price comparison on games, DVDs, books or CDs at Find It Cheapest.com
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:53 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45124
Location: West Yorkshire
No i think the bit about the cranes was a joke, Russ

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:55 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
It's to encourage the young people to vote, apparently.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:12 
User avatar

Joined: 23rd Nov, 2008
Posts: 9521
Location: The Golden Country
Watched Gove on catch up TV last night (Question Time).
Sorry to say, he did very well, and was well received by the audience. I could feel the tide turning strongly in his favour; as ever with Nationalism, hubristic, jingoistic, soul-stirring land-of-milk-and-honey bullshit firmly trumps boring, dry economic facts. It's like no-one noticed £30Bn wiped off the stock exchange, wasn't even fucking mentioned.

I'm not liking being on the losing side very much, I must say. :(

_________________
Beware of gavia articulata oculos...

Dr Lave wrote:
Of course, he's normally wrong but interestingly wrong :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:21 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20529
I watched it last night as well. I don't think the tide turned in his favour; I think the general strength of favour was for him at the start. I know the audience was apparently balanced, but I guess the Brexiters seemed the more vocal.

I know it's a politician's way, but his flabby goat around the sheer contradiction of his ideas over the NHS made him so weasely in his snotty school boy appearance that I actually disliked him more by the end of the program... Something I didn't think was possible.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:25 
User avatar
Unpossible!

Joined: 27th Jun, 2008
Posts: 35207
Cavey wrote:
Watched Gove on catch up TV last night (Question Time).
Sorry to say, he did very well, and was well received by the audience. I could feel the tide turning strongly in his favour; as ever with Nationalism, hubristic, jingoistic, soul-stirring land-of-milk-and-honey bullshit firmly trumps boring, dry economic facts. It's like no-one noticed £30Bn wiped off the stock exchange, wasn't even fucking mentioned.

I'm not liking being on the losing side very much, I must say. :(

Hold steady, Cavey. We can do this!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:34 
User avatar

Joined: 23rd Nov, 2008
Posts: 9521
Location: The Golden Country
DavPaz wrote:
Cavey wrote:
Watched Gove on catch up TV last night (Question Time).
Sorry to say, he did very well, and was well received by the audience. I could feel the tide turning strongly in his favour; as ever with Nationalism, hubristic, jingoistic, soul-stirring land-of-milk-and-honey bullshit firmly trumps boring, dry economic facts. It's like no-one noticed £30Bn wiped off the stock exchange, wasn't even fucking mentioned.

I'm not liking being on the losing side very much, I must say. :(

Hold steady, Cavey. We can do this!


I'm sticking to the bitter end mate; for my part I am telling anyone who'll listen to vote Remain - but seem to be further cementing my rep as a dangerous Lefty among my hardline, cynical Eurosceptic social circle... fuck knows what they'd make of the forum lol.

_________________
Beware of gavia articulata oculos...

Dr Lave wrote:
Of course, he's normally wrong but interestingly wrong :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:47 
User avatar
Can't re-member

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 53294
Location: Liberty City
Cavey wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
Cavey wrote:
Watched Gove on catch up TV last night (Question Time).
Sorry to say, he did very well, and was well received by the audience. I could feel the tide turning strongly in his favour; as ever with Nationalism, hubristic, jingoistic, soul-stirring land-of-milk-and-honey bullshit firmly trumps boring, dry economic facts. It's like no-one noticed £30Bn wiped off the stock exchange, wasn't even fucking mentioned.

I'm not liking being on the losing side very much, I must say. :(

Hold steady, Cavey. We can do this!


I'm sticking to the bitter end mate; for my part I am telling anyone who'll listen to vote Remain - but seem to be further cementing my rep as a dangerous Lefty among my hardline, cynical Eurosceptic social circle... fuck knows what they'd make of the forum lol.

But it's not about left and right, eh?

_________________
I am currently under construction.
Thank you for your patience.


Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:05 
User avatar

Joined: 23rd Nov, 2008
Posts: 9521
Location: The Golden Country
Indeed.

_________________
Beware of gavia articulata oculos...

Dr Lave wrote:
Of course, he's normally wrong but interestingly wrong :p


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 13:04 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15229
Mimi wrote:
I watched it last night as well. I don't think the tide turned in his favour; I think the general strength of favour was for him at the start. I know the audience was apparently balanced, but I guess the Brexiters seemed the more vocal.

I know it's a politician's way, but his flabby goat around the sheer contradiction of his ideas over the NHS made him so weasely in his snotty school boy appearance that I actually disliked him more by the end of the program... Something I didn't think was possible.

Yeah I thought he came across as every inch the sniveling little shitworm that he is.

Still holding out some hope, I think that Remain has become the "shy" option in popular discourse with the Leave camp most likely to want to shout about their intentions.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 13:18 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 32182
Nigel Farage with Leave's new ad:

Image

Actual, literal Nazi propaganda:

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 13:27 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20529
That can't be coincidence.

Surely the ad men have known what they are doing there, and have leaked the comparison shot after knowing full well that they've allowed that set up. M
I mean, surely...

The shots are too similar, even with the hedge/path leading out from the right.

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 13:29 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 20529
The angles and lines of the backgrounds and banks are identical. Even if it was taken in the same place the photographer would have to have been standing in the same spot.

Intentional, surely?

_________________
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 13:35 
User avatar

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 15229
I've never been one for being proud because of where I happened to get born but I'm fucking ashamed of it right now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 13:46 
User avatar
Paws for thought

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 16497
Location: Just Outside That London, England, Europe
Of all the stupid I've read, Fox going to Gibraltar to claim that a vote for remain will close the Spanish border and they need to vote leave to keep the border open has to rank among the most brainhurtingly thick.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 13:48 
User avatar
Gogmagog

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 45124
Location: West Yorkshire
Mimi wrote:
The angles and lines of the backgrounds and banks are identical. Even if it was taken in the same place the photographer would have to have been standing in the same spot.

Intentional, surely?


At my most kindest I'd say that maybe they just hit up a photo library and searched for "refugee queue"

_________________
Mr Chris wrote:
MaliA isn't just the best thing on the internet - he's the best thing ever.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 13:50 
User avatar

Joined: 12th Apr, 2008
Posts: 14433
Location: Oxford
Mr Dave wrote:
Of all the stupid I've read, Fox going to Gibraltar to claim that a vote for remain will close the Spanish border and they need to vote leave to keep the border open has to rank among the most brainhurtingly thick.


Yes, we could just send the Navy round.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 13:50 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47912
MaliA wrote:
Mimi wrote:
The angles and lines of the backgrounds and banks are identical. Even if it was taken in the same place the photographer would have to have been standing in the same spot.

Intentional, surely?


At my most kindest I'd say that maybe they just hit up a photo library and searched for "refugee queue"


:this:

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 14:03 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 47912
It gets better. Here's the original of that image of queues of referees. Guess what they've done? Photoshopped out the white people so it's very clear that all refugees are of course brown people


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: EU in or out?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 14:10 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 19228
Location: shropshire, uk
Cras wrote:
It gets better. Here's the original of that image of queues of referees. Guess what they've done? Photoshopped out the white people so it's very clear that all refugees are of course brown people


:facepalm:

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 723 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Vogons and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.