Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Audiobooks RMD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 13:23 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 21323
Location: shropshire, uk
JBR wrote:
Falling asleep? It's not seen as optimal.


would make the journeys quicker!

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Audiobooks RMD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 14:43 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4759
Location: , Location, Location.
KovacsC wrote:
I listen to them in the car, is that not an option?

Yes, it could be.

When can I borrow your car?

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Audiobooks RMD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 14:46 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 21323
Location: shropshire, uk
Warhead wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
I listen to them in the car, is that not an option?

Yes, it could be.

When can I borrow your car?


I don't use it much :)

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Audiobooks RMD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 15:29 
SupaMod
User avatar
Est. 1978

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 68542
Location: Your Mum
Warhead wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
I listen to them in the car, is that not an option?

Yes, it could be.

When can I borrow your car?

:DD

_________________
Grim... wrote:
I wish Craster had left some girls for the rest of us.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Audiobooks RMD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 15:58 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4759
Location: , Location, Location.
KovacsC wrote:
Warhead wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
I listen to them in the car, is that not an option?

Yes, it could be.

When can I borrow your car?


I don't use it much :)

Maybe I should have mentioned that I don't currently own a car.

Would audio books also work in a van?

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Audiobooks RMD
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 16:10 
User avatar
Fitness Nut...

Joined: 25th Sep, 2008
Posts: 21323
Location: shropshire, uk
Warhead wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Warhead wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
I listen to them in the car, is that not an option?

Yes, it could be.

When can I borrow your car?


I don't use it much :)

Maybe I should have mentioned that I don't currently own a car.

Would audio books also work in a van?


I use my phone, and it connects to my car via bluetooth.

_________________
MetalAngel wrote:
Kovacs: From 'unresponsive' to 'kebab' in 3.5 seconds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Audiobooks RMD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 13:14 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 23408
I am currently listening to The Magicians. I can’t remember who recommended it to me, but WTF? :D It’s Sweary Harry Potter reading The Chronicles of Narnia and features scenes of teenage fox porno, and I’m only a few chapters in.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Audiobooks RMD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 13:38 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48831
There's 5 seasons of the TV adaptation on Amazon Prime. It's alright.

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Audiobooks RMD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 13:57 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 23408
Really? Huh. Might take a look as long as the fox porn bit isn’t too weird :D

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Audiobooks RMD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 14:04 
SupaMod
User avatar
Commander-in-Cheese

Joined: 30th Mar, 2008
Posts: 48831
Not in there :)

_________________
GoddessJasmine wrote:
Drunk, pulled Craster's pork, waiting for brdyime story,reading nuts. Xz


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Audiobooks RMD
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 21:52 
User avatar

Joined: 27th Mar, 2008
Posts: 23408
Cras wrote:
There's 5 seasons of the TV adaptation on Amazon Prime. It's alright.

Watched the first episode of this tonight. It beats little relation to what I’ve read. The settings are the same (Brakebills, even though it bears no physical relation to what is described in the book), but the motivations, storyline, characters, etc are all very different. Not necessarily better or worse, just very different.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Audiobooks RMD
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 13:35 
User avatar
Noob as of 6/8/10

Joined: 6th Aug, 2010
Posts: 4759
Location: , Location, Location.
KovacsC wrote:
Warhead wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
Warhead wrote:
KovacsC wrote:
I listen to them in the car, is that not an option?

Yes, it could be.

When can I borrow your car?


I don't use it much :)

Maybe I should have mentioned that I don't currently own a car.

Would audio books also work in a van?


I use my phone, and it connects to my car via bluetooth.

I use my iPod Classic in the van and if I'm not listening to music, or comedy on Radio 4 Extra, I dip in to the 112 episodes of The Goon Show that a friend gave me a while ago. I never get tired of those, even though they're not audio books.

_________________
Just laugh if you're mad.. Now with added video link.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Audiobooks RMD
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2021 15:22 
User avatar
Soopah red DS

Joined: 2nd Jun, 2008
Posts: 2622
Warhead wrote:
I use my iPod Classic in the van and if I'm not listening to music, or comedy on Radio 4 Extra, I dip in to the 112 episodes of The Goon Show that a friend gave me a while ago. I never get tired of those, even though they're not audio books.


Well why did you not tell us before? #Goonsjoke #spokenjokes


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Columbo and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search within this thread:
You are using the 'Ted' forum. Bill doesn't really exist any more. Bogus!
Want to help out with the hosting / advertising costs? That's very nice of you.
Are you on a mobile phone? Try http://beex.co.uk/m/
RIP, Owen. RIP, MrC.

Powered by a very Grim... version of phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.