Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 2593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 52  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Xbox one thread
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 15:40 
Bad Girl

I don't like the coloured letters on the pad. Too colourful for my tastes.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 15:41 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Saturnalian wrote:

They look like they were put on with coloured icing sugar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 15:43 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

zaphod79 wrote:
Saturnalian wrote:

They look like they were put on with coloured icing sugar

They do don't they? I like that!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 15:48 
Bad Girl

It's not exactly in keeping with the sleek black monolith and colour-tone of everything else though, is it?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 15:49 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

It's not, but it is like icing which.. because it looks like icing.. Is good!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 16:03 
SupaMod
"Praisebot"

That reminds me, a friend I used to work with came to work one day with his lunch box.

This contained nothing but one big block of icing. That was his lunch... Some icing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 16:19 
Excellent Member

TheVision wrote:
That reminds me, a friend I used to work with came to work one day with his lunch box.

This contained nothing but one big block of icing. That was his lunch... Some icing.

:attitude:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:30 
8-Bit Champion
Two heads are better than one

Another attempt at trying to make things sound positive - this is how sharing will work on the Xbox one which sounds pretty much the exact same as how it works on the 360 (apart from not having to be logged into your 'home' machine if someone else wants to play multiplayer on that but i cant really see that happening in many scenarios ?)

http://majornelson.com/2013/08/09/xbox- ... -and-gold/

Quote:
Xbox One: Sharing Digital Games and Gold

Today Marc Whitten has posted details on how Xbox One will expand how you share your games and outlines some of the benefits that Gold members will be getting at no additional cost.

Here are the highlights:

Sharing Digital Games
Everyone in your home can share digital games with each other. Your Xbox One can become your virtual game library filled with digital games that different people in the home bought. Anyone can pick any digital game on your Xbox One, sign in with their own gamertag and play – even if the owner is not signed in. Like physical media, you can also play many digitally downloaded games without being online, although experiences will be best when connected to the internet and Xbox Live. Finally, when you purchase a digital game, you can start playing even before the entire game downloads.

Because your digital games go with you, you can also use and share digital games when you sign in to another console. And, if you happen to buy a digital game when you are signed in on your friend’s console, your game will also be available on your Home Xbox One console for anyone to use.

Sharing digital games is a great feature of Xbox One, and we’re also making it possible for Xbox Live Gold members to share some of the best benefits of Gold.

Sharing Xbox Live Gold benefits
At E3 this year, we briefly highlighted a new benefit we’re bringing to Xbox Live Gold members on Xbox One. We’re calling it Home Gold. It will enable any Xbox Live Gold member on Xbox One to extend many Gold features to others at no additional cost. One Xbox Live Gold account delivering great benefits to everyone in the home.

Here’s how Xbox Live Gold members can extend Gold benefits including multiplayer gaming, Game DVR, SmartMatch and access to entertainment apps and experiences, including The NFL on Xbox, Skype, Internet Explorer:

At home. You can set up your console at home so that anyone who uses that console will enjoy multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps – even if you are not home or logged in.
On the go. You can log in at a friend’s house and everyone there can enjoy multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps while you are logged in.

At Home with Xbox One
If you’re an Xbox Live Gold member, an unlimited number of people can enjoy many benefits of Xbox Live Gold while they are using your Home Xbox One console. Friends and family will simply create their own account and gamertag and be able to enjoy Xbox Live online multiplayer gaming and access to entertainment apps.

Friends coming over to play? No problem. They can log in with their own gamertag and play online multiplayer. Even if you sign off, your friends and family can enjoy multiplayer gaming while they are playing on your Home Xbox One console.

At a Friend’s House with Xbox One
On Xbox One if you are an Xbox Live Gold member, you will be able to go to a friend’s house and play co-op multiplayer– even if your friend is not a Gold subscriber. Once you log in with your Xbox Live Gold account, everyone using that console can access multiplayer and entertainment apps for as long as you are logged in.

At Home with Xbox 360 and Xbox One
If you are an Xbox Live Gold member today, you are already set for Xbox One. Your Xbox Live Gold membership for Xbox 360 will seamlessly become an Xbox Live Gold account on your Xbox One and you will be able to enjoy Xbox Live Gold features on either console. You can even be logged in to Xbox 360 and Xbox One at the same time. Home Gold benefits are exclusively for Xbox One.

What Home Gold Means for the Xbox One Experience
With Xbox One everyone in your home has a personalized account, which will enable powerful and personal experiences, and that’s one of the reasons why we wanted to create Home Gold. It means that your account and your gamertag are truly yours. You don’t have to share your gamertag for multiplayer gaming with others in your home, or see recommendations for your kid’s cartoons next to the recommended first-person shooter for you. It also means that you can introduce new games and enjoy multiplayer with friends while they are at your house. Last but not least, it also means that when you buy one Xbox Live Gold membership, multiple people can enjoy the best benefits of Xbox Live Gold on your Xbox One at no additional charge.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:36 
Worst

one hit pixel wrote:
Microsoft’s Xbox One will release this November at a price of £429/€499.

Is this what we say now? What will it release? The hounds?

Also: price zone of Saturn and PS3. It can't fail to have a great launch.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 14:41 
Kinda Funny Lookin'

zaphod79 wrote:
Unboxing an Xbox one

That man would make a terrible stripper.

"Hello, welcome to my suggestive strip show...I am now naked...the end"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 16:33 
Bad Girl

Has anyone said how loud it is, or the PS4 for that matter? I'm sick of things on standby making any noise whatsoever.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 19:38 
Ticket to Ride World Champion

throughsilver wrote:
one hit pixel wrote:
Microsoft’s Xbox One will release this November at a price of £429/€499.

Is this what we say now? What will it release? The hounds?

Also: price zone of Saturn and PS3. It can't fail to have a great launch.

The xbox will release this November. It is an ancient pagan festival to welcome in the winter, and give thanks for the bounty of autumn. Be thankful, if it wasn't for the xbox releasing it, November wouldn't happen!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:32 
UltraMod

lol

The only thing left to do now is announce a bundle without Kinect and slash the price to make it comparable with the PS4. What a fucking shambles.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:37 
SavyGamer

Yep, not requiring Kinect to be plugged in is a good move, even it it makes MS seem like they're even more on the backfoot.

I'm not paying for a Kinect though, at least not anywhere near full price. Either MS should take the hit on the price, and offer the Xbox One for similar price to the PS4, or they should offer the Xbox One without Kinect for a reduced price.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:54 
ugvm'er at heart...

Jesus.

It has to be online, it's been designed from the ground up like that, it is impossible to make it offline only.
It has to have kinect running, it is an integrated part of the operating system, it won't work without it.

I honestly can't recall another product launch like this, it is fascinating.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:03 
UltraMod

What about the games that have been designed with Kinect and always-online at the core experience? Suddenly their target market is a lot lot smaller. Could there be legal ramifications?

The finished product is going to be so different from the original vision, it's laughable. It's basically an Xbox 361.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:11 
SavyGamer

SilentElk wrote:
What about the games that have been designed with Kinect and always-online at the core experience? Suddenly their target market is a lot lot smaller. Could there be legal ramifications?

The finished product is going to be so different from the original vision, it's laughable. It's basically an Xbox 361.

Don't think anyone except Microsoft is making games that require Kinect, and the only things that announced games use the internet connection for are online multiplayer features (so far).

And Kinect is still bundled with the console, so the market for Kinect games is still going to be essentially the entire Xbox One audience, minus those who simply haven't plugged in Kinect.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:14 
Paws for thought

SilentElk wrote:
What about the games that have been designed with Kinect and always-online at the core experience?

Unless they release a version without kinect at all,the former is not an issue.

Similarly, they can still release online only games, but they had best be sure there is a good reason for it.

So far Ive failed to be impressed by any uses of 'the cloud'

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:05 

Confirmed the Xbox One pad will work with PCs, although not until 'sometime in 2014'.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:06 
UltraMod

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Confirmed the Xbox One pad will work with PCs, although not until 'sometime in 2014'.

Calling it now: they will only work with Windows 8.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:20 
SavyGamer

SilentElk wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

Calling it now: they will only work with Windows 8.

Calling it now: they will get unofficial support (at least for xinput backwards compatibility) before it gets official support.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:27 

Only for wired use, though. And wires suck.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:28 
UltraMod

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Only for wired use, though. And wires suck.

Especially if you connect your machine up to your plasma for a console experience.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:30 
SavyGamer

Not so bad on a PC where you are usually at a desk right next to your PC.

Not to mention that the implementation of using a wireless Xbox controller on a PC wasn't exactly optimal.

One small but important improvement with the new controller is that a wireless controller becomes a wired controller with the addition of a MicroUSB cable, which is nice.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:39 
UltraMod

LewieP wrote:
One small but important improvement with the new controller is that a wireless controller becomes a wired controller with the addition of a MicroUSB cable, which is nice.

You would hope it's a sturdy clip, or the cable could pop out easily, which would be annoying.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:50 
Paws for thought

SilentElk wrote:
LewieP wrote:

You would hope it's a sturdy clip, or the cable could pop out easily, which would be annoying.

Never really bothered me with the ps3.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:51 
UltraMod

Mr Dave wrote:
SilentElk wrote:
LewieP wrote:

I have to say I've never played a game with it plugged in, as all my USB cables are too short.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:53 
Paws for thought

SilentElk wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
SilentElk wrote:
LewieP wrote:

I have to say I've never played a game with it plugged in, as all my USB cables are too short.

its not really an issue.

sides, you want it to disconnect somewhateasily else you end up dragging the console over or somesuch, hence why the xbox and wired 360 pads have the quick release thing, albeit at the more useful console end.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 13:10 
SavyGamer

I've never had any problems with PS3 pad either, aside from the wire I got with the console being too short to be of any practical use.

Although the PS3 uses miniUSb instead of microUSB, dunno if one of them has more resistance than the other.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 13:18 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

SilentElk wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
SilentElk wrote:
LewieP wrote:

The one that comes with the PS3 is stupidly short.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 13:19 
Paws for thought

LewieP wrote:
I've never had any problems with PS3 pad either, aside from the wire I got with the console being too short to be of any practical use.

Although the PS3 uses miniUSb instead of microUSB, dunno if one of them has more resistance than the other.

I dont have any problems with my phone and its micro usb connection either. If anything it'sthe opposite.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 13:41 
UltraMod

Mr Dave wrote:
LewieP wrote:

I dont have any problems with my phone and its micro usb connection either. If anything it'sthe opposite.

You mean you use the cable to take phone calls, and the phone to charge it up with?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 13:44 
Paws for thought

SilentElk wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
LewieP wrote:

You mean you use the cable to take phone calls, and the phone to charge it up with?

I mean I spend the work day with my phone plugged in and in somewhat frequent use, and despite my best efforts the power connector has never been unwittingly disconnected.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 16:40 
Worst

SilentElk wrote:
lol
The only thing left to do now is announce a bundle without Kinect and slash the price to make it comparable with the PS4. What a fucking shambles.

They'll end up doing like Xzibit in the Skoda ad, and just ship you a PS4.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 20:35 

21 launch countries cut to 13. No longer launching in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, or Switzerland in 2013. Interesting.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:55 
UltraMod

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
21 launch countries cut to 13. No longer launching in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Sweden, or Switzerland in 2013. Interesting.

Probably because they want to maximise the number of consoles available in their strongholds.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:57 
EvilTrousers

I've a feeling there's going to be lots of consoles available no matter what..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:59 
UltraMod

Trousers wrote:

Sadly I think we're going to be surprised. The general public aren't really like us. There will be plenty of people who buy an XBO because they owned a 360 and it was great. Plus they'll get whatever their early adopter friends do so they can continue to play CoD and Fifa with them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:33 
Excellent Member

SilentElk wrote:
Trousers wrote:

Sadly I think we're going to be surprised. The general public aren't really like us. There will be plenty of people who buy an XBO because they owned a 360 and it was great. Plus they'll get whatever their early adopter friends do so they can continue to play CoD and Fifa with them.

It's a shame in a lot of ways, I was genuinely curious to see how much the great unwashed would've actually been prepared to vote with their walled if MS had stuck to their guns. Especially because I suspected a lot of people would be bothered by the 'no second hand' thing and proper news sites like the BBC had done some decent work in educating everyone on the issues. Sadly MS have decided that risking throwing their entire console business under a bus just to furnish me with an interesting sociological experiment wasn't the way to go. Selfish fucks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:36 
UltraMod

Although on the other hand, now their finished product is almost nothing like the original vision we had a couple of months ago. It's basically a 360 with faster gubbins.

They've gone from too much innovation to nothing at all in the space of almost no time at all.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:22 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

SilentElk wrote:
Trousers wrote:

I dunno, the PS3 sales were pretty poor at the start. You could get hold of them everywhere.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 10:35 
UltraMod

Grim... wrote:
I dunno, the PS3 sales were pretty poor at the start. You could get hold of them everywhere.

It was released a year after the 360 over here. I expect that all the early adopters already had 360s by then.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:32 
Chinny chin chin

Microsoft to remake Blakes 7 as exclusive TV content for the XBone:

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/aug/15/microsoft-blakes-7-xbox-one-bbc?CMP=twt_fd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 15:52 
Sitting balls-back folder

Give it a week and they'll have gone from that to bundling a My Little Pony.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 17:03 
UltraMod

BikNorton wrote:

Now that's the sort of game that Bamba could complete!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 18:00 
Excellent Member

SilentElk wrote:
BikNorton wrote:

Now that's the sort of game that Bamba could complete!

Lol!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 15:02 
UltraMod

The launch lineup looks pretty good, to be fair:

Quote:
Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Crimson Dragon
Dead Rising 3
FIFA 14
Fighter Within
Forza Motorsport 5
Just Dance 2014
Killer Instinct
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Lococycle
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA LIVE 14
Need for Speed: Rivals
Peggle 2
Powerstar Golf
Ryse: Son of Rome
Skylanders: Swap Force
Watch Dogs
Zoo Tycoon
Zumba Fitness: World Party

I've emboldened the ones I think are exclusives.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 15:11 
Chinny chin chin

SilentElk wrote:

The only thing grabbing me there is Forza 5, which will probably just be a DVD that requires DLC just to load the menu up.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 15:14 
UltraMod

chinnyhill10 wrote:
SilentElk wrote:

The only thing grabbing me there is Forza 5, which will probably just be a DVD that requires DLC just to load the menu up.

I would say I'll miss Forza, but it requires buying another steering wheel, as I'd be surprised if the wireless 360 wheel works with the One (and I've got rid now anyway).

In any case I have a G27 wheel now that works with the PS3 and PC (and presumably the PS4 too).

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 15:15 
Excellent Member

The only one out of that lot I'm definitely interested in is Watch Dogs. Not that I know what PS4 launch titles I'd want either actually but I won't be buying any console at launch due to backlog anyway.

Reply to topic  [ 2593 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23 ... 52  Next