Bits and Bobs 48
**COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED**
In honour of Bits & Bobs of yore, this would have pleased Chinny.

Video on't Facebook
Just finished watching a programme on the life and times Morecambe and Wise from last night. I remember them vaguely from my childhood but also quite vividly as being something I've watched. As someone approaching my 40's it's been quite difficult trying to reconcile something I watched when I must have been only 4-6 years old. I've just spent an age wondering whether my memory is of repeats possibly rather than something I watched at the time but I don't think they repeated the programmes that often back then. Hmmm. This must be like what it's like being an old fart. Hang on, I'm probably an old fart now. Hnnngh.
It is all kicking off in that London.
Satsuma wrote:
Just finished watching a programme on the life and times Morecambe and Wise from last night. I remember them vaguely from my childhood but also quite vividly as being something I've watched. As someone approaching my 40's it's been quite difficult trying to reconcile something I watched when I must have been only 4-6 years old. I've just spent an age wondering whether my memory is of repeats possibly rather than something I watched at the time but I don't think they repeated the programmes that often back then. Hmmm. This must be like what it's like being an old fart. Hang on, I'm probably an old fart now. Hnnngh.

There's been at least one of their specials shown on TV at Christmas for the last couple of decades.
Yeah, repeats are quite common.
I had a comment deleted suggesting micromovements caused a pendulum to swing over a cat, not love energy. They couldn't have a retort stand.
MaliA wrote:
I had a comment deleted suggesting micromovements caused a pendulum to swing over a cat, not love energy. They couldn't have a retort stand.

18 hours, it took to work that out into 140 characters. 18!
I wrote a joke. It is very funny.
Please share it with us then.
Kern wrote:

OH SHIT SON YA GOT BURNT

By your little bro at that.
Kern wrote:

:DD
Always disconcerting when a character returns to the 'Archers' after an absence with a whole new voice.
Kern wrote:
Always disconcerting when a character returns to the 'Archers' after an absence with a whole new voice.

I'm guessing Caroline? (Omnibus listener.)
Nik wrote:
Kern wrote:

I'm guessing Caroline? (Omnibus listener.)

If you can't wait until Sunday:

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
Chris Carter. With an annoyingly yokel accent, presumably to accentuate the class difference between him and the Aldriges
Geddon. Got me some breakfast.
Jem wrote:
Sent a quote this morning for redeveloping the frontend of a website that 90% of you have probably read/are aware of and I am shitting bricks. :S

Confirmed go ahead this morning :D :D :D
Jem wrote:
Jem wrote:
Sent a quote this morning for redeveloping the frontend of a website that 90% of you have probably read/are aware of and I am shitting bricks. :S

Congratulations!! :)
Mr Russell wrote:
What is it?

WoS. Hope Jem negotiated a good Wham Bar per-day rate.
Mr Russell wrote:
What is it?

Redesigning/developing the spoof news site newsthump :)
You're literally FAKE NEWS, Jem!
Jem wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
What is it?

OH SHIT IT'S THOSE GUYS!

Craster, remember those guys we met in the kebab house near the strip club? This was their website!
Jem wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
What is it?

Sweet! They're big players in the world of "things other people like on my facebook feed and make me chuckle"
Hmm, their current website looks very much like the BBC News website.
DavPaz wrote:
Jem wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
What is it?

Sweet! They're big players in the world of "things other people like on my facebook feed and make me chuckle"

That's where I imagine most people see it :)

Hopefully it won't look like BBC news for too much longer ;)
Grim... wrote:
Jem wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
What is it?

OH SHIT IT'S THOSE GUYS!

Craster, remember those guys we met in the kebab house near the strip club? This was their website!

Are you sure? I thought theirs was more a Lad Bible type site.
Grim... wrote:
Jem wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
What is it?

OH SHIT IT'S THOSE GUYS!

Was I there? I don't remember this.
Curiosity wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Jem wrote:
Mr Russell wrote:
What is it?

OH SHIT IT'S THOSE GUYS!

Are you sure? I thought theirs was more a Lad Bible type site.

I'm sure it was. I've got a business card somewhere.
I had a sticker but I stuck it somewhere.
Cras wrote:
I stuck it somewhere.

title
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Jem wrote:
Jem wrote:

Congratulations!! :)

Thank you Jazzy - it'll be an awesome addition to my portfolio :D
Should have been in the Yay thread Jem! :)

I think I'm allergic to Nottingham train station, been here two minutes and my eyes and nose are streaming!
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

I think I'm allergic to Nottingham train station, been here two minutes and my eyes and nose are streaming!

Listen out for the really annoying stutter that the automated announcer has.
Lonewolves wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Can't hear it.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Can't hear it.

Keep it that way. Once you hear it you will never unhear it. It drives me mad.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Can't hear it.

I know you plan... no, wait, that's wrong.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:

Doh
Derby train station smells like mushy peas.
You'd have to be made of stone not to be touched by some of these red nose day clips. I've donated. Have you?
If I'm in Stratford, London, on a Friday night, at the Olympic Stadium, where do I want to be staying? Train comes in at Euston from The Provinces, so looking for as little hassle as possible.
Finally got a dry day at home so took the opportunity to pitch my new tent (Vango Banshee 200, outdoor fans). Went up pretty quickly, and I was pleased that it came with the inner already attached. Didn't go back into the bag as neatly as it came out, but that's par for the course.
Kern wrote:
took the opportunity to pitch my new tent

Title.

Kern wrote:
Went up pretty quickly

Title.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Curios house.

Cheers. Shoreditch it is.
I'm really enjoying Nier:Automata. It's weird, but really good. And the music is flipping amazing.
I'm missing my hour.
Zardoz wrote:
I'm missing my hour.

I certainly did. Had to get up at 8am yesterday, which was a killer.
Zardoz wrote:
I'm missing my hour.

Yeah, it's horrid. Stayed up while 11.30pm last night as wasn't at all tired and up at half six ss Quinoa was shouting away, rattling her cup on the bars and that prompted Foccacia to emerge from her pit to declare "It's morning time". Bitches.

I need my 8 hours.
Page 20 of 60 [ 2973 posts ]