Bits & Bobs 6
Bits and Boobies!
Plissken wrote:
Michael Mcintyre is Smug Peter Kay.

Team Fishcake are going to have to update this.

Bugger off. McIntyre isn't even close to being as smug as Peter 'I was funny once, a long time ago' Kay.

Anyone who doesn't find McIntyre's 'cancelled bus' routine funny is a FOOL!
Dudley wrote:
And also get off your lawn.

Wait. What? :S
His name's not Chris. He is not a Lawyer, he washes the inside of large chemical vats for a living. His son is a hell-beast.
I don't think he's you.
I hate Peter Kay and Gervais! He can get to fucking fuck

Hi5 to Curio (never said that before!)
DavPaz wrote:
His name's not Chris. He is not a Lawyer, he washes the inside of large chemical vats for a living. His son is a hell-beast.
I don't think he's you.

Maybe that's just his cover story?
I may have said this before. Peter Kay is a victim of 'first album syndrome'. His (admittedly hilarious) first stand-up dvd was based on the previous 25-30 years of his life. Seriously, read his book, watch 'That Peter Kay Thing'. That's all he had. He didn't write anything, just remembered it and put a funny hat on it.
Shin wrote:
BEEX creche!

Pete could read stories to them all and I can be in charge of play time :D Yaaaay!!

I'll bring the balloons!

(I actually had a dream about this when Chloe was born - getting together with other BEEXers and their kids, not Shin and balloons...)
Mr Chris wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
ok, I missed something. Who's that?

That would be a badly photoshopped me from this photo:

Attachment:
me.JPG

With added cardigan!

Christ, you're ugly.
No balloons again kthanks. I am never coming to your house again!!

*ZOMG CLEEEEEKY*
myp wrote:
Christ, you're ugly.
myp wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
ok, I missed something. Who's that?

That would be a badly photoshopped me from this photo:

Attachment:
me.JPG

With added cardigan!

Christ, you're ugly.

:(

there goes my chance of some Myp-lovin.
Mr Chris wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
I don't think he's you.

Trust me mate, if you were designing a cover story to hide yourself and you could choose, you would not pick this guy's wife and child. Trust me.
DavPaz wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
I don't think he's you.

Trust me mate, if you were designing a cover story to hide yourself and you could choose, you would not pick this guy's wife and child. Trust me.

An elaborate double bluff, then?
Mr Chris wrote:

There's always Zar "No Lube" Doz
DavPaz wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

There's always Zar "No Lube" Doz

Nah, I was after something adult sized.
Goddess Jasmine wrote:
Dudley wrote:
And also get off your lawn.

Wait. What? :S

I'm sure I knew where I was going with that at the time.
Bobbyaro wrote:
"What's with that?" Hello, Is this 1991?

And what's the deal with airline food?

Jimmy Carr's live standup shows are great. Not so much (but still funny) when you watch them on DVD, but when he's getting into his audience interaction he's fantastic. Razor sharp wit, much like Frankie Boyle - although I'm less keen on him.

I made the mistake of buying Ricky Gervais' Politics DVD recently. It was mildly funny but basically it just seemed to be an hour of self-congratulatory wank. Also, just an hour? Every stand up show I've been too has been for at least an hour and a half, usually two.

Also, not changing cars until he 17th at the earliest, when I go and see the car and decide whether it's what I'm after.
GazChap wrote:
I made the mistake of buying Ricky Gervais' Politics DVD recently.

That is where that should have stopped. Me and the kids were so unimpressed
Frankie Boyle is hard work. He's a witty, funny guy with great presence, but he seems determined to annoy and offend as many people as possible.
GazChap wrote:
I made the mistake of buying Ricky Gervais' Politics DVD recently. It was mildly funny but basically it just seemed to be an hour of self-congratulatory wank. Also, just an hour? Every stand up show I've been too has been for at least an hour and a half, usually two.

Also, not changing cars until he 17th at the earliest, when I go and see the car and decide whether it's what I'm after.

To be fair, he's done things in reverse and has become a standup after proper acting. Fame is a lot better and is more of a pure standup experience. Me and Ange went to see it and it was fucking hilarious.
GazChap wrote:
Bobbyaro wrote:
"What's with that?" Hello, Is this 1991?

And what's the deal with airline food?

Jimmy Carr's live standup shows are great. Not so much (but still funny) when you watch them on DVD, but when he's getting into his audience interaction he's fantastic. Razor sharp wit, much like Frankie Boyle - although I'm less keen on him.

I saw the Lee Mack DVD round at Z's the other night, I thought he always seemed like a pretty funny guy but his standup is amazing.
DavPaz wrote:
Frankie Boyle .... seems determined to annoy and offend as many people as possible.

Given the "ooooh! We're offended! And on behalf of other people like that nice old man who used to make a living being racist about a portuguese waiter!" nonsense recently, good on him.
I love him, when he did that 'I'm so fuckin' cockney it 'urts' thing I laughed my head off!
(Lee Mack)
myp wrote:
GazChap wrote:

To be fair, he's done things in reverse and has become a standup after proper acting. Fame is a lot better and is more of a pure standup experience. Me and Ange went to see it and it was fucking hilarious.

Is that the one with the 'leg mental, head mental and gay' bit? It's been a while :)
No, I think that bit's at the start of the Politics one (he's talking about a little guy in a wheelchair he sees outside the Parliament building, and gets him to wear a fez and stuff because he looks Egyptian).
yeah, I thought that was funny, but after that, it's all a blur
The thing is with Gervais is that you either like him or you don't. He manages to press all the right tickle buttons for me, but then I've always loved faux-bigoted humour.
Shin wrote:
BEEX creche!

Pete could read stories to them all and I can be in charge of play time :D Yaaaay!!

Why does that simple statement scare me??
GazChap wrote:
No, I think that bit's at the start of the Politics one (he's talking about a little guy in a wheelchair he sees outside the Parliament building, and gets him to wear a fez and stuff because he looks Egyptian).

Ash Atalla, his producer.
GazChap wrote:

That guy is actually the producer from The Office, Ash Atalla.
ding! repetition
I would've got there first if I could've remembered his name. I kept wanting to put Anil Gupta...
If ifs and buts were candy and nuts it would be Christmas every day.
Plissken wrote:

Aah. Well, I knew it was someone "in on the joke", I doubt he'd take the risk with a member of the Public :P
GazChap wrote:
Plissken wrote:

Aah. Well, I knew it was someone "in on the joke", I doubt he'd take the risk with a member of the Public :P

Well of course, because his comedy isn't meant to offend people or put people in uncomfortable situations. It's for people 'in the know' to laugh in the faces of people who actually say things like that.
myp wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Plissken wrote:

Well of course, because his comedy isn't meant to offend people or put people in uncomfortable situations. It's for people 'in the know' to laugh in the faces of people who actually say things like that.

Or so he'd have you believe.
myp wrote:
I would've got there first if I could've remembered his name. I kept wanting to put Anil Gupta...

All look the same to you, eh?
Any sign of CG today?
Mr Chris wrote:
myp wrote:
GazChap wrote:
Plissken wrote:

He's actually quite well read and I've heard him talk intelligently about a lot of things, in interviews and suchlike.
Mr Chris wrote:
myp wrote:

yeah it may just be clever way of letting him be a racist bigot and get away with it
Curiosity wrote:
myp wrote:

All look the same to you, eh?

You mean you can tell the difference?
myp wrote:
He's actually quite well read and I've heard him talk intelligently about a lot of things, in interviews and suchlike.

He was universally regarded as a cock by us studes back in the days when he spent his evenings in the University of London Union bar.
myp wrote:

Most dictators was well-read and intelligent though.
DavPaz wrote:
myp wrote:

You're not a dictator, I take it?
wow, there's some nested quotes going on in this thread!
Mr Chris wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
myp wrote:

Ouch !!
Mr Chris wrote:

The first part.

Maybe I should've said 'enlightened' instead. I've listened to enough podcasts and interviews to get a fairly decent idea (I said I was a fan).

Unless of course his real life interviews are a persona and his characters are the real him. I doubt it somehow, though.
Mr Chris wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
myp wrote:

Ah I changed it from (Ghandi - Ed) but didn't change the 'was' to an 'are'
myp wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

The first part.
You take the first part?
myp wrote:
Mr Chris wrote:

The first part.

Maybe I should've said 'enlightened' instead. I've listened to enough podcasts and interviews to get a fairly decent idea (I said I was a fan).

Unless of course his real life interviews are a persona and his characters are the real him. I doubt it somehow, though.

:?:
Page 17 of 60 [ 2976 posts ]