Bits and Bobs 48
**COMMENTS WILL BE MODERATED**
Pundabaya wrote:
....But bacon, KFC and BK Double Rodeo Cheeseburgers...

Just have 3 a week instead of 4.
Curiosity wrote:
There are certain vegetables that provide a poor ratio of environmental impact to calorie production due to various requirements, though ALL return better than, say, beef.

Lettuce and celery want a chat.
Curiosity wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
Grim... wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
A vegan diet is no better for the environment tbh. Not unless you grow your own food.

Er... Why do you think that?

You still need to consume a lot of energy to grow fruit and veg on an industrial scale, plus plastic used in packaging etc.

In fact this article reports that a study in America has suggested that more natural resources are needed to grow fruit and veg than meat. But of course it's more nuanced than that.

Only if you didn't read the study or its findings or any other findings of any other study whatsoever.

A vegan diet is obviously and by a fucking long way environmentally better (and healthier) than one rammed with a shitload of meat.

There are certain vegetables that provide a poor ratio of environmental impact to calorie production due to various requirements, though ALL return better than, say, beef.

There are also limits to it due to optimal usage of land; some is not as suited to growing food crops as much as it would being used for other things. But it would definitely make a huge impact environmentally if humans even cut 25% of meat from their diets.

That doesn't mean I'm not going to eat steaks. I am going to eat steak because it's delicious.

Without meat, you miss out on two amino acids, if memory serves
You've convinced me. I'm having a McDonalds for tea.
Attachment:
IMG_0011.JPG

I walk past this place every Friday. Goddamned hippies.
MrChris wrote:
Attachment:
IMG_0011.JPG

Why the fuck haven't you burned it to the fucking ground?
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
MrChris wrote:
Attachment:
IMG_0011.JPG

Why the fuck haven't you burned it to the fucking ground?

Think of the carbon emissions!
Delicious fertiliser for the streams and fields it lands in/on.
If anyone can make that place go away it's murderlawyer.
Jem wrote:
Sent a quote this morning for redeveloping the frontend of a website that 90% of you have probably read/are aware of and I am shitting bricks. :S

badgerbadgerbadger.com?
Mr Russell wrote:
You ARE Topsy and Tim's dad, Mali.

Tim is such a little wimp. He needs a good slap. Regularly.
Think i scared a Delivery lady.

16 stone, sweaty bloke answered the door in just bib shorts.
Cras wrote:

I'm beginning to think we've found a new solution to a lot of problems
Cras wrote:

The defence rests...
::DAKKA:DAKKA:DAKKA:DAKKA::
...in pieces.
God, I'm tired. Must have had 2 maybe 3 hours total sleep last night between coughing fits. :(

Should have just stayed on GTA all night.
Good to have Kissyfur turn up for our first successful heist btw!

Unlocked the Kuruma now :metul:
I was able to say the following sentence at work earlier today, during a meeting no less.

"To put your penis on someone's face near their mouth and your balls on their eyes, so they resemble Gonzo from the muppet show."
GazChap wrote:
I was able to say the following sentence at work earlier today, during a meeting no less.

"To put your penis on someone's face near their mouth and your balls on their eyes, so they resemble Gonzo from the muppet show."

A meeting with HR to explain your behaviour, presumably.
And then the CFO called security and got you removed from the quarterly budget meeting?
GazChap wrote:

That's a bold new company mission statement.
devilman wrote:
GazChap wrote:

That's a bold new company mission statement.

Our purpose. Our impact.
They're making me do CSS today. It's not going well.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

It's your lack of style, isn't it?
Lonewolves wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

It's your lack of style, isn't it?

Out.
Harsh criticism
Maybe you could do cascading Malicool sheets instead
Happy birthday Cras! You kept that quiet, you shit.
Older, innit? *shrug*
Lonewolves wrote:

It's on the front page of the forum, but only the non-mobile one.
Grim... wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:

It's on the front page of the forum, but only the non-mobile one.

That's where I saw it.
Happy Birthday Cras!
Happy birthday Cras :)
Happy Birthday mate. :)
I've known you for 27 years and I still can't remember even which month your birthday is in.
It's in March.
HTH HAND
Grim... wrote:
It's in March.
HTH HAND

you sure about that?
Yep, definitely March.
Happy birthday! Maybe this year, you will finally win a sauce competition.
MrChris wrote:
I've known you for 27 years and I still can't remember even which month your birthday is in.

People never remember your birthday if you delete it from Facebook until your family jump in and then the panicked belated congratulations fly.
Happy Birthday Craster!

Have you decided on a new form to slither into for your next phase?
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
MrChris wrote:

People never remember your birthday if you delete it from Facebook until your family jump in and then the panicked belated congratulations fly.

Yep!

I thought I had your birthday in my diary but it turns out it's your son's.
Momentary surprise when I thought that was addressed to me, there.
Lonewolves wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
MrChris wrote:

Yep!

Your birthday is however conveniently placed on the most appropriate day of the year. I don't forget it, I actively derecognise it.
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
MrChris wrote:

Yep!

Your birthday is however conveniently placed on the most appropriate day of the year. I don't forget it, I actively derecognise it.

30th Feb
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Lonewolves wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
MrChris wrote:

Yep!

There's an official Cunt Day?
Cras wrote:
Momentary surprise when I thought that was addressed to me, there.

Me too!
Curiosity wrote:
There's an official Cunt Day?

13th January, according to Wikipedia.
Page 16 of 60 [ 2973 posts ]