General Purpose US TV thread
New iZombie is good. Really good.
Does actually look kinda good.
I wonder what time period it's set in. Things look quite modern but that would make Ozymandias super old.

Also I wonder if Doc Manhattan is going to be around.
Grim... wrote:
I wonder what time period it's set in. Things look quite modern but that would make Ozymandias super old.
It is a modern setting, yes. A quick search says Ozymandias was canonically born in 1939, whereas Jeremy Irons was born in 1948 -- so not that far apart. They'll likely just fudge the timeline a bit and make the events of the original story take place a bit later than they originally did (which was the early 80s IIRC.)

Also, this is fun:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ozymandias_(comics)#Events_of_Doomsday_Clock

Quote:
Good question.
Edited: Fixed up the URL
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

By "fun" do you mean "takes a big dump on the original"?

Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Quote:
Good question.

My money is on "shows up in the last five seconds of season one".
Grim... wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Quote:
Good question.

My money is on "shows up in the last five seconds of season one".

If they need a deus ex machina, he's your man!
Grim... wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:

By "fun" do you mean "takes a big dump on the original"?
I have a weakness for wacky comics crossovers and one-shots. Judge Dredd vs Batman? Batman vs Dracula and Batman becomes a vampire? Deadpool Kills The Marvel Universe? Transformers x Doctor Who? Fire that shit into my faceholes.
Doctor Who/Enterprise D v Borg/Cybermen was great.
I have watched threw episodes of The Tick and it is most enjoyable and quite humourous.
I've just watched the first episode of 'What we do in the shadows'

It's a mock documentry that follows 4 vampires as they try to take over the new world. It stars Matt Berry, Kayvan Novak, Natasia Demetriou and Mark Proksch and it's very, very good!
TheVision wrote:

It's a mock documentry that follows 4 vampires as they try to take over the new world. It stars Matt Berry, Kayvan Novak, Natasia Demetriou and Mark Proksch and it's very, very good!

Is it a TV version of the film? There's meant to be a version coming out focussed on "Murray's" band of werewolves.
Werewolves not swearwolves
TheVision wrote:

This week's episode is outstanding and has the most ridiculous list of guest stars.
The Rookie renewed for S2
Yaaaaaaaaasssss!
*Dangles Fillion as bait*

I hooked a Mr Chris!
The Orville has been renewed.
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend was great.
Grim... wrote:
Crazy Ex-Girlfriend was great.

Yup. Nailed the ending.

So did Veep. The entire season, and particularly the double-length final episode, was fucking cracking. I regularly had to make a conscious effort to suppress my laughter because if I started I'd miss the next two jokes.
Its that time again! We're rewatching the West Wing from the beginning - currently on "Lord John Marbury".

Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe are just the best. And Allison Janney. And Dule Hill. And, well, basically everyone. Well, except Moira Kelly. The Mandy character is awful.
MrChris wrote:
Its that time again! We're rewatching the West Wing from the beginning - currently on "Lord John Marbury".

Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe are just the best. And Allison Janney. And Dule Hill. And, well, basically everyone. Well, except Moira Kelly. The Mandy character is awful.

Weirdly, we started watching West Wing again last night. The end of the first episode is just brilliant. Everything from "She means Jewish" onwards is gripping and Bartlett's first scene is just perfect.
MrChris wrote:

She is. Thank fuck they realised.
Well fuck now I need to watch WW again obviously.
Lucifer S4 is up on Netflix
DavPaz wrote:
Weirdly, we started watching West Wing again last night. The end of the first episode is just brilliant. Everything from "She means Jewish" onwards is gripping and Bartlett's first scene is just perfect.

It's a cracking first episode. Bloody bold too, opening with what was essentially an attack on the religious right.

"In the Shadow of Two Gunmen" parts one and two are my favourite episodes.
The latest Riverdale is amazing.
MaliA wrote:

Not even a comment about Luke Perry's character not being there anymore
ARRRRRGH I'm right up to date with BARRY SEASON 2 and now I have to wait a fucking week for the final episode.

I literally exclaimed 'NO FUCKING WAY!' when the credits rolled, because I totally want to see what happens next. It does proper drama really well, as well as being amazeballs funny.
Hearthly wrote:
ARRRRRGH I'm right up to date with BARRY SEASON 2 and now I have to wait a fucking week for the final episode.

I literally exclaimed 'NO FUCKING WAY!' when the credits rolled, because I totally want to see what happens next. It does proper drama really well, as well as being amazeballs funny.

Like Riverdale
Mimi wrote:
There’s a

House in
krazywookie wrote:
Mimi wrote:
There’s a

House in

New Orleans
DavPaz wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
Mimi wrote:
There’s a

House in

New Orleans

They call
MaliA wrote:
DavPaz wrote:
krazywookie wrote:
Mimi wrote:
There’s a

House in

New Orleans

They call

The rising bum
OMG :D What is this?
"No you idiot I'M Joey Lucas". The one with hungover Josh in Sam's wet weather gear is ace, other than the hamfisted and sledgehammer messaging on the death penalty.
Riverdale series three all done. What a ride. Looking forward to series four.
MrChris wrote:
"No you idiot I'M Joey Lucas". The one with hungover Josh in Sam's wet weather gear is ace, other than the hamfisted and sledgehammer messaging on the death penalty.

STOPITSTOPIT
Holy shit the end of season 2 of Barry.
Ha! I just watched it last night. Fantastic conclusion to a superb second season of a bloody marvellous programme.
Finished watching the first season of Counterpart the other day. Despite an intriguing concept* it was really slow to get going, but it totally grabbed us for the last few episodes and made the investment more than worthwhile. Looking forward to the second season.

*Some 'incident' in the past caused a timeline split and there are two version of the world running in parallel. The general populace doesn't know about this but diplomatic machinery has grown up around the single crossing over point and the relationship between the two has become a very Cold War-era type of setup. JK Simmons plays a dual role: a hard-nosed spy version of himself investigating incursions from his world into the other and a much softer desk jockey version. 'Soft' Howard doesn't know shit about the real purpose of his entire organisation but he gets pulled into the conspiracy due to the involvement of his Other. Shenanigans ensue.
MaliA wrote:

Which one was that? I'm lagging behind again so I'm just watching the Heathers Musical episode which is great fun with clear Glee & Buffy The Musical vibes.
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Which one was that? I'm lagging behind again so I'm just watching the Heathers Musical episode which is great fun with clear Glee & Buffy The Musical vibes.

Penultimate one of the latest series. It has been an absolute blast. Ridiculous way past 11 on a scale of one to three but played beautifully straight
Five minutes in,and the Bash Brothers Experience is amazingly good. Laugh out loud funny.
MaliA wrote:
Five minutes in,and the Bash Brothers Experience is amazingly good. Laugh out loud funny.

This is perfect. Everything about it is perfect.
MaliA wrote:
MaliA wrote:

AND IT GETS BETTER. Like a who's who of PnR and B99
MaliA wrote:
MaliA wrote:
MaliA wrote:

AND IT GETS BETTER. Like a who's who of PnR and B99

I thought I recognize him.
Mali is only happy when he’s talking to himself
Page 145 of 174 [ 8690 posts ]