The Movie topic
...as there is none
Mr Russell wrote:
Zardoz wrote:
MaliA's just over compensating for all the dance/chic flicks he watches.

One of my most vivid memories/recurring nightmares is of being in a bar in Manchester with MaliA whilst he teaches me two dance moves and then dances with me and proclaims "You're now Julia Stiles"

*pleased*

My work here is almost done.
markg wrote:
I love shit, stupid films but I thought it was just a load of tedious, sub-Segal tat which relied far too much on who was in it.

This! I maintain reading the cast list on IMDB for 90 minutes is less boring than watching the actual film.
throughsilver wrote:
markg wrote:
I love shit, stupid films but I thought it was just a load of tedious, sub-Segal tat which relied far too much on who was in it.

This! I maintain reading the cast list on IMDB for 90 minutes is less boring than watching the actual film.

:this:
I thought the Expenables was brilliant. Silly but brilliant.
I watched Project X last night, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as it could have been! Quite amusing in places and reasonably well filmed in a handycam kinda way.

Scored very highly on the Craster scale too...
I watched "Brothers" (Natalie Portman, Spiderman) last night. It wasn't great, but it was watchable. it could have been a lot better, but I think they didn't quite know what to do with it in the final half. A lot of ideas were seemingly left hanging.
Did you put it on the website?

[edit]@ Trooper
Watched "The Hunter" the other night. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1703148/

Heap of shite, but well filmed.
Grim... wrote:

[edit]@ Trooper

I have now.
I'm nothing if not new media.
Grim... wrote:

[edit]@ Trooper

There's some dodgy behaviour on that site, do you want bug reports or are you not bothered?
Bamba wrote:
Grim... wrote:

[edit]@ Trooper

There's some dodgy behaviour on that site, do you want bug reports or are you not bothered?

Only for interest's sake ;)
Grim... wrote:
Bamba wrote:
Grim... wrote:

[edit]@ Trooper

Only for interest's sake ;)

1) When you hit the front page of the site you get a list of recent additions; if you choose to open any of them in a new tab (right-click->Open link in new tab OR middle-click) the new tab opens with the URL "http://thecrasterscale.co.uk/#null" but the content is the same i.e. you just get the recent additions page again and not the details of whatever film you actually clicked on.
2) Hit the front page of the site. Open any of the recent additions normal (i.e. left-click) and the page for that film is displayed under the URL "http://thecrasterscale.co.uk/#null". Now hit the back button, the URL reverts to the original "http://thecrasterscale.co.uk/" but the page content remains the same i.e. you're still looking at the content for the specific film and not the original recent additions page as you'd expect. Obviously if you then click Back again, which is what you instinctively do, you come out of the site entirely and go back to where ever you came from.

All of this is on Firefox v11.0 on WinXP.
I enjoyed both, though TDK was too long, IMO, and had a few silly bits, such as the Matrix Goggles and his voice.
Trooper wrote:

One?
Bamba wrote:
1) When you hit the front page of the site you get a list of recent additions; if you choose to open any of them in a new tab (right-click->Open link in new tab OR middle-click) the new tab opens with the URL "http://thecrasterscale.co.uk/#null" but the content is the same i.e. you just get the recent additions page again and not the details of whatever film you actually clicked on.
2) Hit the front page of the site. Open any of the recent additions normal (i.e. left-click) and the page for that film is displayed under the URL "http://thecrasterscale.co.uk/#null". Now hit the back button, the URL reverts to the original "http://thecrasterscale.co.uk/" but the page content remains the same i.e. you're still looking at the content for the specific film and not the original recent additions page as you'd expect. Obviously if you then click Back again, which is what you instinctively do, you come out of the site entirely and go back to where ever you came from.

Oh yeah, fo' sho. It's not really considered big enough to use history pushstates and shit.
Malabelm wrote:
Trooper wrote:

One?

Well it has maxed out the scale hasnt it ?

Nothing else has a higher rating on the Craster scale :-)
Exactly, it got the top rating possible.
Just got Kiss Kiss Bang Bang. Gonna watch it tonight, seeing as everyone is in love with it!
"Whip it" is actually quite good.
MaliA wrote:

Of course it is! It's like Scott Pilgrim, Kick Ass, Easy A and Zombieland in the list of recent films that should be trashy, but actually rule.
throughsilver wrote:
MaliA wrote:

Of course it is! It's like Scott Pilgrim, Kick Ass, Easy A and Zombieland in the list of recent films that should be trashy, but actually rule.

I agree with you strongly. I was in Leeds city centre on Wednesday evening btw with the hot chicks. We should fucking diary this so you can meet them.
Hey I saw Easy A a few weeks back. She's fucking hot, isn't she?
WTB wrote:

Sexist pig.

Also, yes she is.
*rubs thighs*
you're also a paedofiddler as she's meant to be underage in that.

As we're in the film thread, it behooves me to mention, yet again, that there is no better film that Indy and the Last Crusade.
WTB wrote:

I'd die for MrsA, but I'll kill for her.
Pretty sure The Last Crusade will be on BBC1 tomorrow night actually - they've had the first two on the last two weeks.
MaliA wrote:
WTB wrote:

I'd die for MrsA, but I'll kill for her.

:D
Fucking heck, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang was excellent! These people were right. Listen to these people!

Oh, and Val Kilmer was fantastic.
MaliA wrote:
throughsilver wrote:
MaliA wrote:

I agree with you strongly. I was in Leeds city centre on Wednesday evening btw with the hot chicks. We should fucking diary this so you can meet them.

I am so fucking there, brotherman.
The Last Crusade on BBC1 now!
Wahey!

The Mr Phoenix young Indy bit is brilliant. The music in that section, as ever with a score by Mr Williams, is absolutely superb.
WTB wrote:
The Last Crusade on BBC1 now!

With the size of those black boarders I'm amazed you haven't put your foot through the TV in disgust!
Acceptable in films, unacceptable in games.
Indeed. See also: rape.
The Last Crusade and Grosse Pointe Blank in one night on terrestrial telly. Not bad!
Or in HD, in both Kevin Costner and Russell Crowe flavours.

Edit: It looks interesting so far, but no red outer underpants is a travesty.
I'd love just one of these speeches people give to the hero in these films just once to say:

"Son, you have incredible powers, beyond the imagination of mortal men...just remember however to always wear a condom because you're going to get a ton of tail"
I finally got round to seeing Zombieland last night. Another instant classic. I had a great weekend film-wise.
Films I watched this weekend:

Bronson. Not too bad, great performance by Hardy but the film was over stylised and tried to be more than it was. Only watched it as Bronson is a local lad so I thought I would support the home team, so to speak :D

American Reunion. Started very poorly, but the last half was actually quite good. Definitely only a film to watch if you like the first film though (we can forget the others in the series, expect number 2, that was kinda ok)

Priest. Awful accents, rubbish film.
Everyone should watch the Pusher trilogy. Strong stuff from the director of Bronson & Drive.
The same guy did Drive? That explains it being over stylised :D
Morte wrote:
I'd love just one of these speeches people give to the hero in these films just once to say:

"Son, you have incredible powers, beyond the imagination of mortal men...just remember however to always wear a condom because you're going to get a ton of tail"

That’s what happened in Superhero Movie.
Is that the one were the basic structure (the term is obviously used in its vaguest sense) was lifted from Kick Ass?
Trooper wrote:
Films I watched this weekend:

Bronson. Not too bad, great performance by Hardy but the film was over stylised and tried to be more than it was. Only watched it as Bronson is a local lad so I thought I would support the home team, so to speak :D

American Reunion. Started very poorly, but the last half was actually quite good. Definitely only a film to watch if you like the first film though (we can forget the others in the series, expect number 2, that was kinda ok)

Priest. Awful accents, rubbish film.

Oh, and Soldiers of Fortune, which was so bad I managed to forget about it completely. Subconscious coping block, I assume.
Just watched Unthinkable, Samuel l Jackson and Michael sheen.

It was actually very good and thought provoking, if you dont know anything about the film, then I recommend keeping it that way and watching it totally fresh with no expectations :)
Page 137 of 423 [ 21145 posts ]