Metaaaal!
Metul and metulurs, rejoice!
I can do you a wav rip of Necro if you want. Just gimme webspace to bung it on and it's yours.
Oh wow, that would be fucking brilliant! I would be fine with Apple Lossless if you iTunes it (for space/time purposes), but either way is winning my heart.
Now, do you want the original issue CD, or the recently released remaster with the Tools of the Trade tracks, or both the original Necro and original Tools tracks?
Leaning toward originals. Hmmm. Is the remaster compressed and over-loud, or does it sound legit better?
To be honest, I haven't listened to it yet :D Just bought it for the DVD documentary and me being a stupid big Carcass fanatic.
Cool, original then if it's convenient. Thanks!
Is your email inbox large enough to accommodate 80meg wav files? If so, bung me your address and I'll send em over track by track.
This is like a set of mini christmases, only with more medical terminology. Waiting til it's all done before I delve in, but it's very exciting. Might have to warm up the slsk because Dimrill has tasty morsels aplenty!
;) Last track on its way. I'll load up soulseek now and leave it running while I go out for a balti tonight, so feel free to grab whatever you want.
I love Type O Negative.

As for PL, Draconian Times is better than Icon or Shades Of God. Their last two albums have been good as well.

My Dying Bride's new live album is fucking amazing. Not sure if I've posted that already, but truth can bear repetition.

Kyuss are stunning, Blues For The Red Sun FTW.

Tool bore me. As do Carcass.

Looking forward to the new Amon Amarth album - I shall probably buy it next week. I think it's out now.

Anyone heard the new Judas Priest yet? Heard mixed opinions on it.
I love the One Second - Symbol of Life era Paradise Lost. That was their best period to me.
I love One Second. The title track and its third line of 'and for one second, you wish that you were here all alone' is so well delivered by Nick. Not such a fan of 'Soul Courageous' though. It's no 'My Girlfriend's Girlfriend' in 90s-bands-being-Sisters stakes. I always disliked Host but, on this recent ripping mission, I found myself listening to it and really rather liking it.

I lost touch with their stuff after that. Was Symbol of Life the one with the bees on it?
Nah, believe in nothing had the bees. Symbol of Life is their most "like One Second" album of the recent era. It's the album of theirs I listen to most nowadays.
I only like one Type O album, Slow, Deep and Hard.
myoptika wrote:
I only like one Type O album Slow, Deep and Hard.

Which album is that then?
Sigh are playing at that thar Damnation 2008 thing in Leeds. 8) :DD :) :spew: :DD
Fucking hell. The two bands I've seen down for that are Sigh and Carcass in that case.

Me = going
Taint and The Berzerker are also playing. No idea who Taint are, and The Berzerker are a bit rubbish live... :p
So yeah, Carcass and Sigh!

I am so there.
Taint are alright. You know, just alright. Sigh is about a million times more exciting.
Carcass, man. I'm gonna be so excited that loads of innocent forty-year-olds may accidentally die when 'No Love Lost' comes on.
Okay, it's getting silly now. Melodic/Gothenburg DM was always a blind (deaf?) spot for me, so I ask for help (and not 'don't listen to it!' - I've spent years doing that one). Heartwork and Slaughter of the Soul kick my pert round arse. So what now. Should I get some Dark Tranquility in or something? ...Arch Enemy?
Also In Flames when they were good, i.e. anything Whoracle and earlier. /snob

No, hey... I need snobbery. Otherwise I'll have a melodeath list of about fifty albums I'll never hear. I'd rather ten-or-so supersnob albums.
As great as those wavs were, you can't beat the real deal:

^_^
Man, why weren't Babylon Whores huge?

Perfect metal chorus there.
Oh, and silver, here's my Carcass collection

^_^
Nice, man. Niiiiice.

Well, 'nice' is probably the wrong word with which to describe a Carcass collection. But still, good work. Listened to my Necroticism 12" for the first time today actually. Starting to see why certain folk prefer it to Heartwork. Especially when I cleaned it for side 2. Pretty much the perfect DM album.
Symphonies of Sickness is my fave Carcass rekurd. They were my favourite band ever when I was in High School. Carcass was the first "proper" gig I went to when I was 15. The Mill in Preston. 1994. 14 years ago. Bloody Hell.

As an aside: What do people here make of Meshuggah? I saw them back in 1995 supporting Machine Head, seen the ridiculous fanaticism they attract in the last decade (I know a guy with their logo tattooed across his shoulders FFS), but never got what the big deal was. They're good at playing poly-rhythms... errmmm.. I don't see much else there of interest though.
pupil wrote:
As an aside: What do people here make of Meshuggah? I saw them back in 1995 supporting Machine Head, seen the ridiculous fanaticism they attract in the last decade (I know a guy with their logo tattooed across his shoulders FFS), but never got what the big deal was. They're good at playing poly-rhythms... errmmm.. I don't see much else there of interest though.

I agree with you. I remember Rolling Stone magazine of all places bigging them up in 1998 (in an Essential Metal spesh which included Soilent Green, Metallica... dunno. Maybe Today Is The Day, but I could be making that up). Anwyay, bigged up there, I hard a tune on a Terrrrzer Cd that i liked, then eventualy found out all their songs sounded like that one. I bought the most recent one on vinyl on account of everyone on another board was going nutso over it and I got about two songs in. Obv gonna give it another shot or two, but they are pretty flat.

And dated, post-Noisecore.
I really like Meshuggah. Saw them at Rock City around the time of the I EP. It's the groove I like; the polyrhythmic stuff is secondary.
I can appreciate Meshuggah, but I can't listen to them for anything more than one track at a time. Just not to my taste.

They can count better than I can.
nynfortoo wrote:
I can appreciate Meshuggah, but I can't listen to them for anything more than one track at a time. Just not to my taste.

They can count better than I can.

Yeah, I pretty much agree with what nynfortoo said. I appreciate them for what they are technically capable of (like a well executed engineering project, for example), they just don't do very much for me on an emotional level. Each to their own though, of course.
Weird grown up Vikernes:
creeping me out.
After the QotSA chat I got hold of Sons of Kyuss album.

Not impressed on the whole I'm afraid to say, sounds like Lounge Metallica.

Maybe I picked a shite album to sample.
Dimrill wrote:
Weird grown up Vikernes:
creeping me out.

That chap is built. I liked skinny Varg. I hope he joins Mayhem when he gets out, replacing Blasphemer.
He looks like he's doing a TV ad for Finding New Love After A Loss, hoping that maybe he'll find someone sweet, someone to grow old with, though nobody can ever replace his Rebecca.
Quick notes:

- Bonnie 'Prince' Grishnakh?!
- Sons of Kyuss?! Total wrong thing to get. Same with Wretch. Start with either Sky Valley or ...And the Circus Leaves Town.

Or, if you wanna play it safe, get the awesome Kyuss/QOTSA split EP.
Ok, but they're on their last chance!
You managed to find the Sons of Kyuss EP as your introduction? Cripes! That's... impressive, actually.

Quote:
Start with Blues For The Red Sun and Sky Valley

My difference of opinion-FTFY. I like ...Town, just not as much.
I think Blues... is probably their best album. I just reckon the other two are more accessible (read: infinitely better mastered on digital formats).

Essentially, Kyuss from 1992 onwards is fucking skillage.
Zardoz wrote:
After the QotSA chat I got hold of Sons of Kyuss album.

Not impressed on the whole I'm afraid to say, sounds like Lounge Metallica.

Maybe I picked a shite album to sample.

Speaking of which, I didn't know that Metallica had a new album on the way till I got an email about this competition. Has to be better than St. Anger at least.
Before it came out, St. Anger had to be better than Reload.

:(:(:(
Could be worse, eh? Could have been ...And Justice For All again! Brrrr! </off-camera-cliquey-smirk>
I like Stanger.

Blah blah blah production blah blah darkthrone blah blah three mikes per cymbal blah necro blah.

Yes.
D. Grimm! No long time no see! How's it going, sir?
Alright. About to make some tea, as it goes.
Hey, a good idea's a good idea.
Page 13 of 47 [ 2343 posts ]