Beex, Yo.
YOU ARE NOT LOGGED IN!
Bits and Bobs 35
The ****** thread for *******
Page 13 of 60 [ 2973 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 60
Craster wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
There were a multitude of reasons why I'm not going. However the insurmountable one is that I'm not turning down a 25% payrise to eat a burnt fucking burger and get poisoned by Craster.
Craster wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
There were a multitude of reasons why I'm not going. However the insurmountable one is that I'm a dick.

:this:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Grim... wrote:
But for fucks sake - CBeebies?

Well at least we now know why that bint only has one arm.

She is well fit, even with one arm.

And you spell it 'Cerrie'.
Curiosity wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Grim... wrote:

I clearly don't. Also, yes, she is.
Curiosity wrote:
ApplePieOfDestiny wrote:
Grim... wrote:

Agreed. And I don't get the parents who complained that their kids would be upset about her disability. She's clearly 'armless.
WELL NO-ONE ELSE WOULD DO IT.
My nephew used to burst into tears at the screen whenever she came on.

Whether this was entirely of his own accord, or related to something my brother said at some point, remains unclear.
I need to stop engaging my youngest child in mildly offensive banter. Mostly because he's owning me more regularly and it's me he's being offensive to. The little ginger cunt. I was trying to get him to call for his friend now to arrange walking to youth club together later but he didn't want to, citing the fact he's too lazy to do it, which lead too...

Him: And fannies do that anyway.
Me: What?
Him Call for someone and make a gay date like a fanny.
Me: You're a fanny.
Him: You're a bigger fanny than me.
Me: Am not.
Him: Are. You've got a bigger fanny than me.
Me: No I haven't; and don't be rude.
Him: I'm not, you have got a bigger fanny than me, came out of it easy enough didn't I?
Me: I wouldn't say it was easy! And you were a tiny baby!
Him: So? You've still got a bigger fanny than me. Fact.
Me: Right, you're not going to youth club.
flis wrote:

You can't win the fanny argument, so you just ground him? "Great" parenting, the equivalent of pulling a derringer and shooting the other player in a Wild West saloon.
Derringer's fanny was massive
metalangel wrote:
flis wrote:

You can't win the fanny argument, so you just ground him? "Great" parenting, the equivalent of pulling a derringer and shooting the other player in a Wild West saloon.

:D I know, it was an empty gesture, my last refuge in desperation. He's still going and knows I wasn't grounding him at all.
flis wrote:
metalangel wrote:
flis wrote:

:D I know, it was an empty gesture, my last refuge in desperation. He's still going and knows I wasn't grounding him at all.

Pfff. Flagrant abuse of power. Totally not putting £20 toward your flight now.
I actually bought a PC game. Help, I might be turning into some sort of spacky nerdlinger!
Pundabaya wrote:
I actually bought a PC game. Help, I might be turning into some sort of spacky nerdlinger!

Careful now. You're just one step away from spewing shit like "I own a console unironically"
Quick! Someone lend me $40! http://www.etsy.com/listing/95338255/po ... ll-drawing
I'll do you a brass rubbing of MaliA for a tenner.
Zardoz wrote:
I'll do you a brass rubbing of MaliA for a tenner.

I'll do it for free.
BRass rubbing Mali.
Charlie Brooker in a good return to form
Shut the fuck up about 50 Shades of Grey already.

Dogs are going to get kidnapped.
I'm back in work today after two weeks off for my paternity leave. You can imagine how great I feel about it.
Good chance to catch up on sleep, mind.
In all honesty, I haven't been doing that bad for sleep. I think years of playing games till the early hours has trained me well.

Still.. I'd rather be at home. There's loads of people off at work this week so I'm not going to have a nice day to ease me back into it.
MaliA wrote:
Shut the fuck up about 50 Shades of Grey already.

Mrs B went to see her (gay) brother at the weekend and after coming back mentioned that book to me. She knew nothing about it but said that her brother was thinking about picking it up because so many people were talking about it. Presumably when these all people were talking he wasn't bothering to listen to anything they were saying.
In court performing a great civic duty. Just having an expensive cup of her majestys piss week coffee and thought of you all when I saw the lid.
I'll see how many people are reading 50 shades of shit in the waiting room.
Natwest's online banking is currently down.

Uh-ohs.
It was intermittently down most of last week.
Zardoz wrote:
In court performing a great civic duty.

You are aware that having dumps in the facilities and not flushing isn't actuall a civic duty?
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
It was intermittently down most of last week.

Yeah, but last week it was actively fucked. This week it's supposed to be 'fixed'.
Oh godsfuckingchrist... have you seen the new Lord of the Rings Lego?!
I have now!!
I've spent the day writing a computer program. It almost works. I think I've got to get the user to write the fileneme in as a string, and then that'll work for the rest of the script, and some I've to work out how it can recognise where it is meant to put stuff. But that's tomorrow's job.
What is your job, MaliA?
Outlook has turned me into a lazy sod.

Whereas years ago I used to take great care over e-mail replies, ensuring I quoted just the relevant bits and never top-posting, I just can't be bothered these days.
Curiosity wrote:
What is your job, MaliA?

I'm a part time model, retired Space pirate and up and fulll time extreme athlete.

One bit of the role is forecasting how much stock the supermarket chains will needing the future, the other part is something to do with getting people to do stuff for the Business Development Boss*. I'm doing this VBA stuff so what takes me 20 minutes each week will be solved with two button clicks.

*I meant to tell you about this, I thought I told a few people on Saturday, but it is essentially making people do stuff "..or bad things will happen, and you'd much rather deal with me, now, wouldn't you...?"
My firm can't use Outlook.

Specifically the calendar. Amazing that in the year of our lord 2012 they still send emails with a date for a meeting rather than an appointment and the boss blocks his calendar so we can't see what he's doing; it's amazingly backwards and getting worse. Cunts.
We have, seriously, instituted google calendar instead of using the outlook server that a 3td party it company is paid to maintain. that says a lot about all three companies (the 3rd party being hired by the sister company we sub let from, much to constant anger and bewilderment about the shit that means we're beholden to)
We use fucking Lotus Notes for email and calendar stuff and the calendar part is the only saving grace as everything else about it is a fucking abomination. We're apparently moving to Outlook soon which is good not only because I'll never need to use it for fucking email again but because I'll also never have to talk to the smug, useless fucking 'developer' that we apparently employ purely to bugger around with the stupid piece of shit while also being a punchable apologist for all it's worst sins.
When I started my job I opened my Outlook calendar only for my boss to say "What's that?"

My company still sends memos inviting people to meetings and then expects a memo back to accept. Space age!
Bamba wrote:
We use fucking Lotus Notes for email and calendar stuff and the calendar part is the only saving grace as everything else about it is a fucking abomination. We're apparently moving to Outlook soon which is good not only because I'll never need to use it for fucking email again but because I'll also never have to talk to the smug, useless fucking 'developer' that we apparently employ purely to bugger around with the stupid piece of shit while also being a punchable apologist for all it's worst sins.

Wow, a workplace more backward than mine! We thankfully ditched Lotus Notes in 2010.
GazChap wrote:
Whereas years ago I used to take great care over e-mail replies, ensuring I quoted just the relevant bits and never top-posting, I just can't be bothered these days.

I used to even pipe everything through plain text and all. I would then chuckle to myself when I'd reply to each point in turn, only for someone to write back saying they couldn't see my reply as there was nothing above their message.
Top posting is fucking wrong and I'm sick of it spreading through stuff like bloody mobile apps. "It is popular", well so is chlamydia amongst the lower classes but you don't see me wanting to engage with that, either.
The problem is inertia. Everyone in the world now top-posts. To the point that if you don't top-post, you're actually the one making things much less readable. So admit you've lost and give up :p
Top posting is natural and fine. Get over it, Grandad
Absolutely.
Craster wrote:
The problem is inertia. Everyone in the world now top-posts. To the point that if you don't top-post, you're actually the one making things much less readable. So admit you've lost and give up :p
We moved from Lotus Notes to Outlook last month. There was much fanfare over it.
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Absolutely.
Craster wrote:

What he said.
I

Curiosity wrote:
Doctor Glyndwr wrote:
Absolutely.
Craster wrote:

What he said.

agree
BikNorton wrote:
We have, seriously, instituted google calendar instead of using the outlook server that a 3td party it company is paid to maintain. that says a lot about all three companies (the 3rd party being hired by the sister company we sub let from, much to constant anger and bewilderment about the shit that means we're beholden to)

We use Google Calendar, and sync it with Outlook for those that still use it. T'is easy.
Page 13 of 60 [ 2973 posts ]
Page: 1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 60

Active Topics