BETEO Official Nottingham Meet
9th August 2008
Younger'n you, matey boy. :)
Don't give up hope yet, wait for the big man himself to say it's off. Apparently he's been given magic drugs for between his gum and top lip. He might be healed by tomorrow, you never know.
Ange wrote:
Apparently he's been given magic drugs for between his gum and top lip.

Huzzah!
Get well, moip.

I do have this image of us all drinking and cavorting around you as you lie in an armchair, moaning with THE ILL.
Sounds reasonable to me. I think you should all come anyway, I'm bored of feeding him grapes now. He keeps throwing them back up, the ungrateful bastard :p
Will you feed us grapes? While wearing your toga?
Depends how drunk I am. What time are you getting there? 3pm? It's possible. :s
Looks like the picking up some wine from Oddbins plan is out the window then. Ange will have cleared them out before we get there.
We buy the wine once we get there, phool.

Er, unless leaving moip's house is like going out in Tehran wearing an 'I hate muslims' t-shirt.
Oh honestly, I hope you can all come to this so you can experience the Booze Busters at the top of our road. You walk in and you're surrounded in a plastic cage. You can't touch a thing, not even the non-alcoholic drinks.

Oddbins is a bit classy for where we live ;)
MetalAngel wrote:
We buy the wine once we get there, phool.

Er, unless leaving moip's house is like going out in Tehran wearing an 'I hate muslims' t-shirt.

:this:

One thing I have noticed about where we live is that there are an awful lot of dogs still with their bollocks intact. And there's alot of staffies.

I can't believe I'm still talking.
Me neither, it's past 3pm.
Mr Chris wrote:
Can someone do a photographic mash-up of Grim and Tim Westwood please? kthnxbibi.

For further information please visit the Westwood thread. Thankyou.
Hope you start to feel better soon Mypy. :(
Ange wrote:
Apparently he's been given magic drugs for between his gum and top lip.

Isn't that what caused this in the first instance?
No I think it was the cottaging in the chemical toilets that did it.
Right, I still feel ropey, but if I can get a decent meal down me tonight and make an appearance at work tomorrow, then this is still on.
myoptika wrote:
Right, I still feel ropey, but if I can get a decent meal down me tonight and make an appearance at work tomorrow, then this is still on.

Ange! Make this man a decent meal!
Right, part one of Operation Make Meet Happen has been successful: I have not blown my dinner back up yet.
The tension is killing me, Myp's dinner could make a return at any second. :spew:
Update: it is still in my tummy.
Matt, in all seriousness, if you still feel dodgy do not feel pressured to go through with this. The whole point of this meat (sic) is to enjoy yourself, and if you're ill you won't be, plus you'll have houseguests to worry about so you won't be able to relax and become well again.
:this:

While I'm sure we appreciate the updates on the whereabouts of your dinner (and I'm glad to hear it's still in your tummy), if you're not well enough for a bunch of twats from the internet to turn up at your house then we'll all understand.
Also :this: plus if you're only just getting on to your feet today, work tomorrow is certainly not a great idea.
Yeah, I'm in agreement with these guys. You're not gonna be able to enjoy yourself in the pub if you're concerned about throwing up all your beer over a load of us lot. Postpone it until you're in tip-top condition, if it's no fun for you then by extension it ain't gonna be any fun for us*

*Although seeing you throw your guts up might be amusing to some of us.
Dinner still in tummy which, considering I cooked it, is a miracle.

You all have to come dammit, I was going to take you to Rock City. Maybe.
Ooh Dimrill - can you do a picture of Matt doing a sick please? Thanks.
Ange wrote:
I was going to take you to Rock City. Maybe.

I feel uptight on a saturday night
Nine o clock, the radios the only light
I hear my song and it pulls me through
Comes on strong, tells me what I got to do!
Just see how he feels tomorrow, in fact if we're not coming until 3 o'clock, see how you feel on saturday.
How far is the drive from Bristol/Caerphilly? 2 and a half - 3 hours?
The RAC website reckons about 3 and a half hours from Caerphilly, so from Bristol it'll be about 2 and a half or so. 160 miles for me.
Sort of wish I could attend this. However v.poor plus friend's birthday plus Green Man next week.

Still, inform the guys and gals that you've met me and that I'm relatively normal and not some net psycho please, MetalAngel.
Righty, I think we might be all systems go for tomorrow. Being the lady of the house it is my job to flap about sleeping arrangements and such like.

As far as I understand we have 5 people coming, yes? We have a spare double bed, 3 single airbeds and a sofa. To sleep under we have 2 sleeping bags (may smell from being used at a festival last weekend) and two double quilts, which by my calculations is just right.

The next on my list of things to flap about is foodage. I'm not cooking proper meals for you, cos I'm lazy like that, but I plan to buy snacky stuff for you to all stuff into your drunken mouths after a night on the lash. Dimrill I understand you are a vegetarian, but if anyone else has any special dietary requirements please let me know. Matt is a milk-spaz so that is already catered for.

That's all my flapping for now. Thankyou:)
Well, speeding fine hasn't come through the post, but since my sofa's being delivered on Monday I've realised that I need to spend the weekend putting my flat back the way it was BEFORE my aborted attempt at redecorating, otherwise there's going to be no way in Hell that the sofa is going to fit in.

So, sorry chaps (and chapesses) but I'm gonna have to cancel. I'm gonna have a few drinks in spirit though ;) Have a good time all, hope myp gets back to 100% health and being in the same room with you sweaty Internet neckbeard-types doesn't put him into relapse.
Have a good time, you lot. Wish I could be with y'all, but I'm duty bound to visit family in Shropshire this weekend.
Well, I'm at work and I've had two breakfasts so far this morning, so we're GO GO GO!
Hurrah and hurrah again.

*packs cow for milk purposes*
Gah. Wish I could come. Well, enjoy yourselves, and please take photos!
Will someone check that Mr Dave is wearing the collar I sent him.
Have fun you bastards.
GazChap wrote:
So, sorry chaps (and chapesses)

Wuss!
Have a good weekend folks. We'll mock you all mercilessly on here while you're out.
I think we should have our own private party, Cras. Just you, me, and a ladyboy under the table.
Grim... wrote:
I think we should have our own private party, Cras. Just you, me, and a ladyboy under the table.

Sorry, I won't be able to make it to London. :(
GazChap wrote:
Well, speeding fine hasn't come through the post, but since my sofa's being delivered on Monday I've realised that I need to spend the weekend putting my flat back the way it was BEFORE my aborted attempt at redecorating, otherwise there's going to be no way in Hell that the sofa is going to fit in.

So, sorry chaps (and chapesses) but I'm gonna have to cancel. I'm gonna have a few drinks in spirit though ;) Have a good time all, hope myp gets back to 100% health and being in the same room with you sweaty Internet neckbeard-types doesn't put him into relapse.

IF YOU DIDN'T WANT TO COME WHY DIDN'T YOU SAY SO IN THE FIRST PLACE?!!? >:( >:( >:(

Only joking. It's a shame you can't make it.
Wai! No Gazchap? We could have argued about space pirates (although, perhaps, that's why you're not coming)

Is anyone else going to suddenly realize they have to scrape their molars/raise a barn/be abducted by aliens?

What of the maybes? We know Crister Miss isn't coming, but Goddess Jasmine? Ian Arse?
I'm still planning on a live video linkup.
Will you be taking your own shelter Perkies?

ALL: (heated argument)

MOIP: Zardoz, with us live via, er, Live, would you care to comment on all this?

ZARDOZ: KTKTKTKTKTKTKTKKT M TH K LL GS CSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

MOIP: Oh dear, we've lost him.

ME: LET US DRINK!
If you can doublepost, so can I!

MOIP! DO WE NEED TO BRING ANYTHING IN THE FORM OF BLANKETS OR PILLOWS OR ANYTHING ELSE AT ALL?
MetalAngel wrote:
ALL: (heated argument)
Haha. Remember doing this in Cardiff 2k1, MA? The IRC liveblog to #digi?
Page 12 of 17 [ 844 posts ]