Dark Souls
DLC Release 24 October 2012
And me. I always thought it was difficult to switch targets with the right stick before the patch but now it's a breeze.
The thing is, I'm not touching the right stick. There's no point as the camera should be doing what I expect.

A couple of instances of the behaviours I've found:
In Blight town, after having gone up the rotating wheeel thing and trying to clear out the poison arrow dudes, lock on to one and advance towards him, just as I hit attack, it changes focus to an otherwise unsighted dog on the floor below causing me to get hit by a poison arrow(as I'm no longer shielding in the correct direction) and launch myself off the platform into a pile of dogs below which make short work of me.

Again, blight town (as since the new aiming, I've not been able too get out of blighttown) Trying to go up a a pathway, lock onto firey crab thing, only for it to decide a few seconds later to change to a mosquiteo somewhere up in the air and again throw me off the pathway due to sudden camera change. Camera then gets blocked by scenery so I can no longer see whats going on. I die sometime soon after.

Ground floor of blighttown, trying to kill off two crab things. Focus on one and quickly advance, just as I reach it, it focuses on an enemy behind me. Quickly roll out of the way and try to get that enemy onnly for it to change focus to the original enemy.hit it once, need a second hit to kill it but it then decides to focus on a mosquito that is miles away I get roasted and die.

It's going to take a while for me to return to it, as it seems quite broken to me.
Sorry to hear that Dave. I cut back through Blighttown myself after the patch and the only issue I had was with the flies being visible but actually un-hittable through the wooden walkways. That sort of thing happened before the patch too though. Nothing like the issues you're having.
Thirded. I've never had the game switch targets without me nudging the right stick at all. An enemy might get out of reach and it drops the lock on but the game has never tried to lock onto anything without me clicking the stick.

You tried changing your pad?
Met Seath the scaleless and got banged up. Tougher progress in the Dukes Archives but it's making a nice change this new area with enemies that are making me adapt my tactics.
I'm thinking of getting this to while away a few evenings. How long have people put into it so far? I was going to get Arkham City, but I think Dark Souls will last rather longer. The third option being Skyrim, but I'm not sure if that's really my bag, after never getting into Oblivion.

£35.99 for the Limited Edition seems a decent price too.
70 hours and by the look of things I've got shit loads to do yet.
Good enough for me. Ordered!
Do it. Game of the generation for me.

I've passed 80hrs and I suspect I've got loads left to do (and desperately want to start a new character as well). Its my most played single player game ever.

I'm in ano lando now. It's beautiful.
Those wuss' in the Skyrim thread are talking about difficulty levels and someone's been playing it on easy. How quaint.

Last night I mashed up the four kings in the abyss using stabby fire stick. I died umpteen times and the lack of a nearby fire was cheesing me off till I found a spot near the ghost in the Londo Ruins that you jump down to the lower part skipping a load of the tedious ghost shit.

If anyone's interested, as you meet the first two ghosts run to the right and past them. Don't go up the steps but instead run to the right of the steps and around the corner which lets you jump down into the lower part. It's a 30 second run to the boss area past two enemies. Block and run people. Block and run.
I have repurchased Demon's Souls. It will be awesome .
Figures that as I order a brand new copy of this, a cheapish one turns up on Ebay. £25 + £2 if anyone else wants it.
Angelman wrote:
Figures that as I order a brand new copy of this, a cheapish one turns up on Ebay. £25 + £2 if anyone else wants it.

£25 second hand (30 new) from Grainger games : http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/xb ... ed-edition
So yeah, i returned, quickly made some spider woman my bitch, joined a covenant, gave them 12 humanity, ranked up (What does that gve me, anything?)
Went to Sens Fortress, cleared that out fairly quickly. Went to Anor Londo, beat up a gargoyle and got a cool hat. Didn't get eaten by a chest (at any point. Zardoz sucks.)

Then decided to go back to drop off more humanty that I somehow aqcuired (Any idea why, I just suddenly fnd I have some for no good reason) and go and give the bridge dragon a good seeing to.

Then died. He's still rather painful. Givng up on that idea. Returning to Anor Londo.

Once out of Blighttown, my control issues seem to have been massively reduced.
Yay!

Before you kill a boss of an area, the monsters in the area can, when killed, give you humanity (directly mind, not the item). Before the patch that maxed out after 10, now I've no idea.

I'm currently in Anor Londo, it's so pretty. Also now I have Havel's gear it seems to nerf your ability to regenerated stamina. Guess 'cos it is so heavy.
I've reached the boss fight in Anor Londo I got shoved in a corner and had a groin rammed in my face until I was dead.

Yes, the boss is Dimrill.

Armor wise, I think I have a Gargoyle helmet, Golem Torso Armor and then the leather gauntlets and boots (+3) It puts me just about 1/4 of equip load, so I'm rather fast too, despite the stupid torso armour.
So, examining a path I ignored eariler, I somehow manage to have got myself stuck in another area. It's getting me stupid amounts of souls (I'm at the point where it takes 20000 odd souls to level up, and here I'm getting that amount within a few minutes) but I can't get out. There are lots of things that cause toxic status, and I'm down to my last 5 cures. This is awkward since I can't go and collect some more.
Mr Dave wrote:
So, examining a path I ignored eariler, I somehow manage to have got myself stuck in another area. It's getting me stupid amounts of souls (I'm at the point where it takes 20000 odd souls to level up, and here I'm getting that amount within a few minutes) but I can't get out. There are lots of things that cause toxic status, and I'm down to my last 5 cures. This is awkward since I can't go and collect some more.

Hmm, Homeword bone? They'll take you back to your last bonfire.

Lifesavers. Literally. I bought a bunch of them and always have them in my quickpick spot thingy. Good for having a peak behind fog walls without committing yourself. A steal at 500 souls.
I think he means he's in the painting. No escape from that place. You've got to get yourself out. Either avoid the weeping puss bags or use something you jab them with so when you deal the death blow it won't squirt juices all over your face. If ya gets me.
Saturnalian wrote:
I think he means he's in the painting. No escape from that place. You've got to get yourself out. Either avoid the weeping puss bags or use something you jab them with so when you deal the death blow it won't squirt juices all over your face. If ya gets me.

Yeah. I managed to fight around, then cackhandedly fell off a high wall. Survived with a sliver of health and no estus.

I saw the front gate, surely a shortcut, but there were a mass of enemies in the way, so healed with a humanity and charged for the door. Got back to the bonfire and since I had 2 humanity, kindled it. The explored and got ambushed by a guy in a stupid cock hat. Killed him, found a dragon, got killed (boo)
returned, shot the dragon to pieces and then got blocked by his writhing buttocks. Found a cellar full of horrible skeletons, died. Returned to dragon buttocks and pummeled them until they moved.

Then escaped.

Yay.

Then returned to level up weapon.

Then found dragon buttocks now refuse to move. Stuck again. Boo.
I've had a little tinkle on Demons Souls over the weekend and was frustrated to remember that your item and weapon load now extends to everything you've got in your inventory rather than the bottomless pockets in Dark Souls. Item management is a bloody nightmare.

The halberd had no sexy lunge either. Plus it's rock solid and I was starting a new game+ with all my kit! Gah.
Dave it's a bit of a glitch but if you do a jumping attack you'll make the legs stand up so you can drop down again.

If you're doing it properly though the switch to make the gate open is in the large cellar area with the skelewheel beasts. It's surprisingly difficult to spot but it's definitely in there (and not in the tunnels with the secret walls, say).
I really like Forza 4.
Saturnalian wrote:
Dave it's a bit of a glitch but if you do a jumping attack you'll make the legs stand up so you can drop down again.

If you're doing it properly though the switch to make the gate open is in the large cellar area with the skelewheel beasts. It's surprisingly difficult to spot but it's definitely in there (and not in the tunnels with the secret walls, say).
So it's not meant to jump like that? It certainly was a bit odd. And made me nearly piss myself.

It would also explains the magically appearing knight at the bottom of the appropriate load triggers hadn't triggered.

I don't want to go downstairs. The smelling wheels hurt me lots and it's dark
I'm surprised that didn't make the patch actually as it's a well documented glitch. Handy shortcut mind.

I'm sure that switch is in the basement but I think there's a switch on the statue in the courtyard where those shits with the shields can be found. Try them both. Or one. If there's only one. There might be two. I can't remember. Anyhoo...

And you should try being human around that area through the front gate and to the right. I'll say no more.
That glitch actually spoils what is a brilliant introduction to the dragon. It stirs from its slumber and clearly his legs have gone numb from years of inactivity as it tears it's lower torso apart to get you. It's beautifully done but the first thing you do is turn around and peg it.
Saturnalian wrote:
I'm surprised that didn't make the patch actually as it's a well documented glitch. Handy shortcut mind.

I'm sure that switch is in the basement but I think there's a switch on the statue in the courtyard where those shits with the shields can be found. Try them both. Or one. If there's only one. There might be two. I can't remember. Anyhoo...

And you should try being human around that area through the front gate and to the right. I'll say no more.
I believe I made reference to that with the cock hat.

ZOMG Spoiler! Click here to view!
I was most confused about being invaded due to playing in offline mode. His hat is awesome although quite screen blocking
Just read that the Doll I need to get in that painting is right back at the starting prison. :facepalm: Need to go back there anyway to kill the basement Dimrill. Got the better of me several times when I first went back.
What? Bah. I'll save that for later then
Mr Dave wrote:
I believe I made reference to that with the cock hat.

I was most confused about being invaded due to playing in offline mode. His hat is awesome although quite screen blocking

Did you manage to find his clothes then? I read that once killed his stuff could be found just after the boss fight. Could I find them? Could I fuck.
Yeah. They were on the left just before the exit, behind the tall lady who insists the place is peaceful. (Yeah, right)
I looked all around there. Maybe I've got to go back in a second time to find it now. Tch.

I called in a guy to help in the crystal caves who had somehow managed to find a costume of the fat hammer guy in Anor Londo. I've not even read about that.

Fortunately he looked ridiculous.
Theres a dude under the aqueduct in firelink shrine who seems to sell boss armour after you defeat them. (I luffs my golem armour)
He may be worth a try.
So, ventures downstairs. Those wheel skeletons are utter shits. Careful use of a bow git me through. Opened the proper door, now easier to escape.

Aside from that just generally beefed up my equipment.

Going to try for the anor Londo boss fight again this afternoon.
I'm in Painting land. The way it's littered with knights/ Soldiers souls is unnerving, like it's saying LEVEL UP! You're going to be too weak without them :)

Had a couple of cracks at the Stray Demon again on my way to get the Perculiar Doll but he still got the better of me. I'll save him for later.
Zardoz wrote:
I'm in Painting land. The way it's littered with knights/ Soldiers souls is unnerving, like it's saying LEVEL UP! You're going to be too weak without them :)

Had a couple of cracks at the Stray Demon again on my way to get the Perculiar Doll but he still got the better of me. I'll save him for later.
What level are you at?

I'm either 49 or 59. Next level costs 20500 souls give or take 500.

aside from the toxins it wasn't too bad.
I'm more than that as the next level will cost me 28K.

Only stopped and saved due to tiredness, the going was good, the bonfire is kindled and I am the table.
I'm level 108. Which amazed even me cause this must be a record, for me at least, for the longest I've played one game ever.

I'm going to scrape some cash together and have a look at that trader in the sewers. Last time I was there he was selling the final boss' outfit for an obscene amount. From what you've said I wonder if he sells you the kit of the last boss you slain. I might have a look at the wiki again.

I tell you something though, the effect of the patch is most evident in the Demons Ruin where there's a slight rejigging of the enemy locations but most (and best) of all in the lost land. Those frickin dinosaurs now only spot you if you're right next to them or smack em with something. It makes the whole area massively more manageable from the hours I spent getting pounded.

I've started to crush my 2nd play through now too. I've done Seth again first time even though I was invaded in the crystal cave (I walk around everywhere as a human just for the fights with phantoms and invaders. But seriously, who invades the crystal cave? It's the trickiest walk and some guy drops in trying to fight me on the bits with no visible walkway. What a cock. I kicked him off in the end completely by accident when i was trying to lunge at him, which was very satisfying.).

Then I nipped and did the fat fiery demon and enlisted the help of a spirit to help kick the centipedes ass. Which we did as my new friend played possum while I checked his prostrate with the returning fizzle zapp halberd. Brilliant.

Then time for bed even though I wanted to stay up a bit longer.
Went through the painting but left the Sexy Reaper at the end, I'll pop back later. Those crow people are twats at times, same too with the wheel skeletons.

Headed back to the Catacombs and did so much better than my last attempt, killing the necromancers is so satisfying. Still some way to go, but it was getting late so I called it a day. Nice how that part of the map cut's in and out of the valley so it's not all gloomy. The level design really is excellent.
Zardoz wrote:
Went through the painting but left the Sexy Reaper at the end, I'll pop back later. Those crow people are twit at times, same too with the wheel skeletons.

Headed back to the Catacombs and did so much better than my last attempt, killing the necromancers is so satisfying. Still some way to go, but it was getting late so I called it a day. Nice how that part of the map cut's in and out of the valley so it's not all gloomy. The level design really is excellent.

There are also many shortcuts in the valleys.

Yes the catacombs are excellent. It does get pitch black later on so ...
get the cast light magic, or search the catacombs for the Voodoo doll head thing
progression is therefore slow. The enemies are also relatively tough, say no more.

Plus there is an amazing bit of tying the world together where
you can see the Ash Lake from the Catacombs

I love how you can
see different places you've been to from other "zones" of the world
Zardoz wrote:
Went through the painting but left the Sexy Reaper at the end, I'll pop back later. Those crow people are twats at times, same too with the wheel skeletons.

I only got killed by the bird things once. I found it quite easy to encourage them to jump off to their death (despite wings!)

The wheel skeletons, on the other hand can easily mince you even if you're prepared. Heavy armour and shield helps there though, before that, my blocks were not effective enough.

Had the anor Londo boss another go last night. Again got rammed into the corner and groined to death.
I had the help of two phantoms for that. :metul:

We should tray being summoned / summoning into each others games really. Now I can warp about it would be straight forward enough, eh?
Zardoz wrote:
I had the help of two phantoms for that. :metul:

We should tray being summoned / summoning into each others games really. Now I can warp about it would be straight forward enough, eh?

I think it's not so straight forward. Needs us both to be on the same server and within a certain number of levels.

Also party chat disabled online play. (Although I think private chat is ok)

I did have Solaire with me this time. He did a good job of distracting the thin jumpy one, but sadly Dimrill really wanted to groin my face.
Mr Dave wrote:
Needs us both to be on the same server and within a certain number of levels.

Ah, never mind then.

Mr Dave wrote:
I did have Solaire with me this time. He did a good job of distracting the thin jumpy one, but sadly Dimrill really wanted to groin my face.

Did you kill Laurel? We took him out first then Hardy went more bonkers.
Haven't played the game but this came up on one of my subs this morning:

This guy is a fecking piano ledge.
Zardoz wrote:
Mr Dave wrote:
Needs us both to be on the same server and within a certain number of levels.

Ah, never mind then.

Mr Dave wrote:

Did you kill Laurel? We took him out first then Hardy went more bonkers.
kill? I don't think I even managed to injured him before I got pushed by his hammer thrust.

I'm currently trying to find a way to survive before I think about damage.
So.. Demon Souls. It's a bit tricky, isn't it? I've probably died about fifteen times in an hour. Seems good so far though (the game, not me dying). It reminds me of King's Field IV on the PS2 actually, which I think was also a From Software game.
Yeah, it's tough. It's righteous though.
Quite a few more goes at the boss last might. Nearly killed Mr Plump but was then shot by his chum through him, which strikes me as a little unfair.

Beginning to get there though.

Solaire is utterly useless. He comes in and then gets killed very quickly
Page 11 of 59 [ 2918 posts ]