Be Excellent To Each Other

And, you know, party on. Dude.

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Man in black with crap haircut rejects fame
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 19:00 

JBR wrote:
I always think it's bizarre that people judge celebs on single things - "I said hello to X once. He was very polite. What a top bloke". Yeah, cos we all always treat every person we meet with utter respect - christ, even getting a Londoner to acknowledge your existence as you stand out of their way or hold a door is an achievement sometimes, so why should celebs be different. I don't find it tricky to imagine what's brought him to making a tit of himself in this way - day after day for years, people asking, some demanding, signatures, signed photos, can you sign this record, etc.etc.

OK, well in that case he can take his mansions, his millions, his cars and his shitty fucking records and stick them up his arse because he's just be another scouse cunt without these fans who are 'ruining' his life. You court the limelight, you pay the fucking price, matey. Starr has had an easier time of it than many, because comparatively speaking no-one gives a fuck about the talentless makeweight. When he was getting his dick sucked nightly by the fittest slags in whatever town he was playing he didn't complain. When he was shoving half of Columbia up his oversized nose he wasn't complaining, the autographs came with the territory. Now he can't get an erection and a line of chan would kill the old shitbag, he's got a problem. Well fuck you, Richard Starkey, your band might have been significant in terms of taking fan mania to the next level, and psychadelia wasn't exactly not down to you, either, but seeing your whinging face on the BBC website makes me want my licence fee back even more than bloody Eastenders. Get to fuck.

Jesus christ, I wish all that people asked from me in my job was autographs, instead people spend all day demanding/asking me to save them from Heroin addiction, mental illness, or what they are supposed to to do now they've been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer. Where's my fucking helicopter?

Cuntwad.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 19:04 
Peculiar, yet lovely

12/10

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 19:09 
Chinny chin chin

Craster wrote:
chinnyhill10 wrote:
Craster wrote:
I wish I was dead.

You are according to your avatar. You didn't even get a song like the Amiga did, only the sound of people laughing at MGT for making Commodore look like a properly run company.

Pfft. There is an enormous flourishing emu scene. Also a disturbingly large hardware modding scene. I've seen SCs with ethernet NICs and a just about functional TCP/IP stack, for example.

The Amiga isn't dead either. And the best news of all is that Alan Sugar is apparently shitting GX4000's out of his arse. However there is still a severe lack of games.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 19:10 
Chinny chin chin

JBR wrote:
even getting a Londoner to acknowledge your existence as you stand out of their way or hold a door is an achievement sometimes,

Tell me about it duck:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 19:16 
lazy eye patch

Goatboy wrote:
Cuntwad.

I entirely agree, and am backing away from you quietly, eyes wide!

It's just "I wish death upon thee",it's a bit well, extreme. What are we, jihadists?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 19:22 
Honey Boo Boo

Hey! We don't take kindly to folks not taking kindly around here.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 19:24 
lazy eye patch

*points at big blue and yellow graphic at top of every page*

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 19:25 
Peculiar, yet lovely

Death by great sex and adorable kittens?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 19:33 
Honey Boo Boo

CUS wrote:

I have to use fullonrobotchubby.co.uk (at work, see) so nothing shows up at the top of the page.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 20:11 

JBR wrote:
christ, even getting a Londoner to acknowledge your existence as you stand out of their way or hold a door is an achievement sometimes.

Why a Londoner?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 2:54 
lazy eye patch

Right. Er, have some of my favourite Beatles songs :D

Nowhere Man. Beautiful, perfect pop song off Rubber Soul. You WISH you could write a song as hauntingly as John Lennon could.

Blue Jay Way. Splendidly unnerving and quite forgotten George Harrison contribution to Magical Mystery Tour. Video, like all of MMT, shows them running around completely off their tits. You WISH you could get away with that.

Hello Goodbye. Also part of MMT, it's a great example of the kind of brilliantly seemingly-simple yet unforgettable songs that Paul McCartney used to be able to write. Most of it just consists of the same few words over and over, with some very minor chord and key changes, but the whole really is the sum of its parts. You WISH you knew how to keep it simple like this.

Goodnight. Finishing off The White Album, it's really Lennon and George Martin's song. But Ringo's voice, limited as it is, has the ideal, warm, soothing tone, for this, one of the finest album closers ever. You WISH you could sing even as well as Ringo.

*grump*

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:24 
SupaMod
Est. 1978

CUS wrote:

Not mine. I've turned it off.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:24 
:insincere:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 13:02 
Soopah red DS

Mimi wrote:
JBR wrote:
christ, even getting a Londoner to acknowledge your existence as you stand out of their way or hold a door is an achievement sometimes.

Why a Londoner?

Sorry, missed this - purely because, in my totally unscientific test, you don't get the same experience as reliably in other parts of the country. Still happens, but in the South East (so home counties too, but London for speed of typing) there's much more "head down, other people are obstacles". I see it as I walk through Waterloo of a morning - don't worry sir, I'll pay attention so you don't have to though, yes, it will be a surprise as I walk past you if you try and turn without checking if the way is clear - and near where I work, though the latter is admittedly biased by the fact that it's the university district and 18 year olds appear to have as much awareness of other people as 3 year olds. Only in a 3 year old it's cute if they come through a door you've just opened so you can go through it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 13:13 
Legendary Boogeyman

Lord Chris wrote:
You hear that CG? He's calling you childish.

FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT.

I stopped paying attention to this thread after my second post. Oops. Yes, I'd still like him dead, although since the video I notice the number of people saying 'Peace and love' after nearly everything they say is ever increasing. It was only original after MY post early on, everyone else is now just a tired copycat. :P

Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2