Musicians
instruments of love and death
Late update:

All works, but I swapped the neck pickup back for the original*, then worked out how the four way switch worked. there was a dodgy earth somewhere and that got sorted.

All the switch positions work, and I think it sounds better but it has also been restrung.

Very tempted to buy another Squier affinity telecaster, then do the same but with some humbucker pickups.

* This wouldn't have been needed but I only worked why after the original went back in. Earthing the cover was an issue
Hey! I found this thread with musicians community and I thought I may get some help here. Recently I bought a guitar and I'm playing pretty good. Now I want to get some cabinet simulator pedal. If someone is using it, can you share your experience? Which are pros and cons of different brands? which giant bellend will suit best the beginner? Thanks a lot!
Edited: FFS
First tell us what you think about space.
Go to a shop. Try out things. buy the one which suits you.

Don't go on some random website and buy something from them.
GO TO A SHOP?! ARE YOU BLOODY MAD????
Zardoz wrote:
GO TO A SHOP?! ARE YOU BLOODY MAD????

No, I've heard that https://www.stere0shore.com/best-cabin3 ... or-ped4ls/ is a fine place to buy cabinet simulator pedals. From my new friend 45tro
Dr Zoidberg wrote:
https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/fender-tune-app-premium-pro-player-pack-version-now-free-3639292

Might be of interest to guitar types.

It was and it's great thank you
I was having a quiet moan to myself about the ineffectiveness of the volume control on the MaliCaster as it was either zero or one. Decided the pickups were the issue.

Anyhow, after a lot of deliberation about what pickups I should buy, I realised that moving the strings closer to the pickups would solve the problem. And it properly fucking did.

Pleased with my genius, I then noticed that two screw heads belonging to the fittings that hold the bridge plate on have sheared off. So, if it won't hold tune, I need a new bridge with different spaced fixings.

And, if I am doing that, I might as well change the pickup at the same time as I have a spare humbucker... .
Long story short I got a Fender Strat for my birthday.
Will replace bridge and pickups on the other one at some point.

Listed to Crush With Eyeliner today. Have since added three new guitar pedals to the list.
Page 2 of 2 [ 60 posts ]
    1, 2