Anxiety Issues
Or "I'd Rather Stay Home"
Stuart Ashen wrote:
Steve wrote:
It is something I have to work hard at to stop doing. I am trying to change my behavior as we speak.

Well, you understand why you do it which is half the battle. Keep at it, Sir, and best of luck to you.

Most definately seconded Image
I have the same problem as Steve, only I'll actually go out of my way to get things done for people, even if it means fucking up my own plans for the day or whatever.

I don't know why I do this - it's not as though I have some insecure need to be liked or seen as a kind person.
Klatrymadon wrote:
I have the same problem as Steve, only I'll actually go out of my way to get things done for people, even if it means fucking up my own plans for the day or whatever.

I don't know why I do this - it's not as though I have some insecure need to be liked or seen as a kind person.

Perhaps you need to set aside some you time and make sure it's your time.
Oh, don't worry, I'm not exactly rushed off my feet doing favours for people. When I am enjoying some 'me' time, however, I still seem to find myself lending my (awesome) speakers to my flatmate so that he can record some music, instead of telling him to piss off (or join me) while I chill out. It's things like that. ;)

That's a particularly worthwhile favour, though, so I don't resent it... I hope people will help me out with equipment etc when I'm recording Yog-Sothoth tunes.
Does anyone get really strong compulsions?
Another named disorder, really irritating when you look back at some of the things you have done or bought.
I have compulsive shopping issues mainly, I mean not so bad as some people (eg; I've heard of someone with two houses just because and they cannot afford them) but my bank balance can't keep up with me and I curse myself when the compulsion has passed.
Food is another.

I'm having a weird food AND shopping afternoon..both together is a nightmare, I'm actually getting mild shakes from trying to NOT bid on that fecking auction and NOT snack before dinner.
Predictive is fine, idiots blindly trusting it are not.

Not using predictive is like never using spellcheck in word.
Hmm. This is a weird post to write given my evening. First I would like to thank the people who I have just read who sympathised with my..... persona. My post earlier about the "as we speak" thing was about the fact that just before I posted I invited a friend around who had popped down from sheffiield for the weekend. I had spent a couple of lovely days with my girlfriend so I thought she wouldn't have a problem. I was then told that she wanted to have a chill out night, so was in the bad books. My friend came round for an hour and then I grew the balls to say that I we were planning a quiet night in and, with the agreement of my gf we arranged to meet on Sunday for lunch. Everyone was OK. I feel happy.

It felt oddly good to type that, and this thread helped.

Thank you.
Klatrymadon wrote:
Another enemy of the telephone, here. Partly because they all have a horrible, nagging, urgent sort of sound about them, which I think someone on WoS likened to a stranger walking up to your house and shouting "hey, talk to me!" into an open window.

I think that was me, because I stole it wholesale from Stephen Fry.

I intensely dislike telephones, and rarely answer them at home, but with my close friends I'll talk on the thing for three or four hours once I get started - oddly I seem to always know when it's they who are calling (and we have an ancient, shabby phone without a digital display, smartarses). At work, and when calling strangers or Official People, I have an impeccable telephone manner and am genuinely excellent at using it, but I still hate using them too much, and using them at home, and more than anything I hate the bloody noise.
Steve wrote:
Hmm. This is a weird post to write given my evening. First I would like to thank the people who I have just read who sympathised with my..... persona. My post earlier about the "as we speak" thing was about the fact that just before I posted I invited a friend around who had popped down from sheffiield for the weekend. I had spent a couple of lovely days with my girlfriend so I thought she wouldn't have a problem. I was then told that she wanted to have a chill out night, so was in the bad books. My friend came round for an hour and then I grew the balls to say that I we were planning a quiet night in and, with the agreement of my gf we arranged to meet on Sunday for lunch. Everyone was OK. I feel happy.

It felt oddly good to type that, and this thread helped.

Thank you.

Well done mate Image
Page 2 of 2 [ 60 posts ]