The London Snickers Race 2008
They're heavier, and wider wheels = more rolling resistance.
Mr Chris will laugh his irritatingly non bulging man-tits off at this, but I have decided to myself that I will be entering myself for 2010. That's my only commitment, mind. If I have to run it as a 17 stone smoker, that's what I'll do.
I accept that I may have to remove my Spokey Dokies in order to improve efficiency.
Craster wrote:
Mr Chris will laugh his irritatingly non bulging man-tits off at this, but I have decided to myself that I will be entering myself for 2010. That's my only commitment, mind. If I have to run it as a 17 stone smoker, that's what I'll do.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAH

I will honestly give you £10 if you do.
Mr Chris wrote:
I will hoestly give you £10 if you do.

Is the marathon on your land, then?
Grim... wrote:
They're heavier, and wider wheels = more rolling resistance.

Yeah, but I can OFF-ROAD!*

* Ride on the verge.
Mr Chris wrote:
I will honestly give you £10 if you do.

Yay! You've got to do it now. We have a Dimlie for that exact occasion: :D
Here's a mildy smarmy pic of me before the start. If I can find one of me at the finish where my eyes aren't popping out of my head, I might post that too.
I thought you were fat?
Where's the rest of you?
Dude I'm technically 3 stone overweight.
ComicalGnomes wrote:

But looking good for your age:
Pfft. Everyone is.
ComicalGnomes wrote:

Fuck that BMI bullshit. I say. Sir.
As I've argued with you before, Craster - pointing out the deficiencies of the BMI for weightlifters won't make you thin.
Um. I didn't mention it.
Craster wrote:
Um. I didn't mention it.

I thought your "every one's 3 stone overweight" comment was a veiled reference to it. My apologies if not, but as we're not all *actually* overweight...
Mr Chris wrote:
Craster wrote:
Um. I didn't mention it.

I thought your "every one's 3 stone overweight" comment was a veiled reference to it. My apologies if not, but as we're not all *actually* overweight...

No, it was just me commenting on also being 3 stone overweight. Besides, in the listings, you're in the column headed 'Girls - or ladyboys at best'.
Right, here you go then:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj_sivchtp0

The inevitable montage. I am Tim Henman and you can claim your £5.

Bonus points to youtube for making my lovely 86mb clear video a blurry, pixelly fucking mess. Last post about the marathon - I'll pipe down now :)
I love how everyone is putting their head down, trying to focus on what's going to be a gruelling few hours at the very least. Then there's you who, every time he passes the camera, waves his arms about, gives a massive smile, and shouts 'LOOK AT ME!'. Awesome.
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Bonus points to youtube for making my lovely 86mb clear video a blurry, pixelly fucking mess. Last post about the marathon - I'll pipe down now :)

Use http://www.blip.tv . We're going to use it for any video on the mythical site. It's really good.
Very well done mate!
Although I am mildly dissapointed by the lack of a comedy beard and gnome hat.
I did record it if you want a copy, just let me know.
awwww, thanks Jasmine :D

The real question is whether you recorded the interactive stuff past the 4 hour mark. I've been assured by multiple viewers I'm nowhere to be seen in the 'main' coverage, but the bbc interactive kept cameras on the finishing posts until 7 hours, so I'm there somewhere :)
I have absolutly no idea as I just left it recording and went out for lunch then turned it off when I remembered... I'll check how long for and get back to you on that one!
What did that guy hand you at 5:14?
Ibruprofen and an energy gel :)
and his number.
I know his number, he's my brother in law ;)
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Ibruprofen and an energy gel :)

ComicalGnomes, after the Marathon.
ATTENTION to the lovely people who sponsored me:

Your t-shirts went out today. Since I'm a cheap git they've all gone 2nd class, but I suppose its possible you'll get them by Saturday. Except you, Dudley, I haven't posted yours yet. The Apprentice was on, I got distracted, etc.

Dr. A doesn't get a t-shirt, but he does get 'something' that will find its way to him soon. :kiss:

Grim bafflingly didn't ask for anything, but I suppose I should send him a Russian bride with a star bar tucked into every oriface.
I OFFICIALLY REQUEST SWEETS
Bollocks, he just has too. I'll have to send him something.

I'm off for a subway. Perhaps I'll get a second one and stuff it in a jiffy bag. Still, it'll give the southwest sauce time to sink in.
Did you send out mine? Am I getting a T-Shirt? I don't have nearly enough items of clothing that refer to the prostitution trade.
Of course you are :) It was sent to your dodgy alias at the address you provided.

In other news, in case you want my finishers t-shirt, you can bid on it here:

Ebay Linky
If ebay spot that, they'll delete it for bypassing their stuff I suspect.

Hopefully they won't.
ebay can't mandate payment methods, duds. I'm still paying listing and ending fees, so no beef.
Yes they can, they ban several payment methods.

But the rules you're bypassing are their charity ones, you can't have a charity auction without going through their charity system.
Provide relevant links to Terms please :)

Their charity auctions are regulated by MissionFish. All charities are not automatically listed, so what do they do for people who want to sell for charities not in the list? huh!
Not to disrespect your auction, good sir, but I can't imagine what sort of person would buy this t-shirt. Quite the sad individual, I fear.
No disrespect taken, I wouldn't have countenanced it had I not spotted a couple other auctions for the very same t-shirt going for £25. If some schmo will pay that towards my total, I'll take it.
Grim... wrote:
I OFFICIALLY REQUEST SWEETS

THANK YOU FOR MY SWEETS
hahah, very welcome. Satisfy my curiousity and let me know what was included. I asked for a mixed bag.
Gosh, all sorts of things. I'll take a photo when I get home.
Oh I forgot to thankyou for my TShirt and StarBar too, Mr Gnomes!

My words upon seeing a Star Bar fall out of the TShirt where "Ohh, silly sod's only gone and sent me a Star Bar!" and then I eated it.

Now Pimp My StarBar, and send me that.
No problem chap :)

I wonder where Grim has got to, I want to see a pic of this box :)
ComicalGnomes wrote:
I wonder where Grim has got to, I want to see a pic of this box :)

*splutters*

I checked the recording and although it goes on after the initial 'race' there is no interactive stuff on there. Sorry!
Oh yo!
I got it, hang on...

Attachment:
22042008058.jpg
ComicalGnomes wrote:
Right, here you go then:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj_sivchtp0

The inevitable montage. I am Tim Henman and you can claim your £5.

Odd question:
But have you pimped out a Star Bar yet and put it on your site?
edit: Sonic is in that video! QUICKLY! Someone forward it to UK:R.
edit2: When did this "sponsoring" thing happen? I feel cheap (But I am! SO HA)
Page 2 of 3 [ 106 posts ]